Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Thanks thats pretty good advice. One thing at a time I guess.

I think you should try to stay calm too.. and I agree with sauce about the period advice. I'm sure it'll come soon. :hugs:
    :hugs:

I'm trying, but at this time of the day all the nasty thoughts in my head come out to play :nothing: And I haven't eaten enough recently to maintain basic sanity/common sense etc :facepalm:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Even when I've been stressed about recovering from my ED and exams at the same time, it hasn't been late, so I'm not sure that me guessing it's stress is really right. If it is right, there's nothing I can do about the stress.

It shouldn't be anything too serious - I can rule out pregnancy haha - but I just like knowing that I my body's healthy.

It's either down to stress, my eating or maybe medications. I can't really sort out any of those.

Urgh, whatever. I'm going to forget that I'm a woman for a while and focus on the rest of the **** in my life. :nothing:
    Periods don't stop everytime you are worried, so maybe after all this time of you worrying it may have decided it can't take it anymore and it and doesn't really fancy coming yet. Good for you in a way, more iron in your body especially if you're not eating much atm! :p:

There we go, positive way of looking at it :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Periods don't stop everytime you are worried, so maybe after all this time of you worrying it may have decided it can't take it anymore and it and doesn't really fancy coming yet. Good for you in a way, more iron in your body especially if you're not eating much atm! :p:

There we go, positive way of looking at it :jumphug:
    True. Another positive way of looking at it: I want them to stop anyway :teehee: Maybe through sheer willpower I made them go away? :awesome:

True. Another positive way of looking at it: I want them to stop anyway :teehee: Maybe through sheer willpower I made them go away? :awesome:
    :awesome: could be!
    I never have periods. I make sure of that too via the pill :giggle:
    We deserve to be period free until we actually want them!

But I'm still a healthy weight, so surely it would be affected much? I know nothing about this haha... I wasn't really stressed until I looked at my calender and saw just how late it was.

I'm not going to manage to sleep tonight with this added stress which will probably make it later, causing me to stress more :teehee: (If it is stress) Bodies are so weird.

How're you?
    I was classed as a healthy weight but as I wasnt eating I still lost my period before, can happen
    it's more to do with your bf% also not just weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :awesome: could be!
    I never have periods. I make sure of that too via the pill :giggle:
    We deserve to be period free until we actually want them!
    I really want to get the implant to stop them (and obviously to prevent little steffis) but I'm too chicken to ask my doctor right now because apparently it can cause issues if you've got depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I was classed as a healthy weight but as I wasnt eating I still lost my period before, can happen
    it's more to do with your bf% also not just weight.
    Oh okay. I have no clue what my bf% is. I'll try to eat more but it hurts my jaw and I feel sick all the time. Plus I don't actually feel all that hungry most of the time.

Oh okay. I have no clue what my bf% is. I'll try to eat more but it hurts my jaw and I feel sick all the time. Plus I don't actually feel all that hungry most of the time.
    This is why smoothies/soups/salads/fruits are wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Upupupupup

The inevitable down is worrying me though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Upupupupup

The inevitable down is worrying me though :/
    Don't think about it and maybe it won't happen? Or you could just enjoy how you're feeling now rather than enjoy it less because you're worrying about not feeling great later? Though that might not work...

Good to hear you're feeling up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Don't think about it and maybe it won't happen? Or you could just enjoy how you're feeling now rather than enjoy it less because you're worrying about not feeling great later? Though that might not work...

Good to hear you're feeling up.
    Didn't last very long

Got the most sodding awful hours from work.

Tuesday 5pm to finish, Friday 3pm to finish (again, WTF?!) and Saturday 6pm to finish. I might as well just jump off a cliff.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't last very long

Got the most sodding awful hours from work.

Tuesday 5pm to finish, Friday 3pm to finish (again, WTF?!) and Saturday 6pm to finish. I might as well just jump off a cliff.
    :console: I used to have a job where they'd put hours for next week up the week before it was pretty awful.

You could say you're an orthodox Jew - then you wouldn't have to work friday nights or most of saturday

ReputationRep:
    :console: I used to have a job where they'd put hours for next week up the week before it was pretty awful.

You could say you're an orthodox Jew - then you wouldn't have to work friday nights or most of saturday
    I don't mind that (well I do, it's stopped me from having a friggin' driving lesson for nearly 4 weeks, not that I've wanted to do it anyway) it's the fact that I have three closes and a 12 hour (read - 14 by the time I get to bed) shift on the busiest night... Pisses me right off. They've also sent an email saying basically we hired too many people and those who don't get perfect 100% performance ALL THE TIME will be sacked in a weeks time. Yay. *******.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind that (well I do, it's stopped me from having a friggin' driving lesson for nearly 4 weeks, not that I've wanted to do it anyway) it's the fact that I have three closes and a 12 hour (read - 14 by the time I get to bed) shift on the busiest night... Pisses me right off. They've also sent an email saying basically we hired too many people and those who don't get perfect 100% performance ALL THE TIME will be sacked in a weeks time. Yay. *******.
    12 hour shift? You definitely have my sympathy there. I don't get how they can expect 100% perfect performance for 12 hours on a busy night That is harsh. I would say have a word but then if you want to keep your job probably not a great idea, though if they are threatening being sacked in a week's time doesn't that mean after the week there will be less staff therefore less chance of getting fired? So possibly you only have this week to try really really hard in and then things might get a little easier?

But damn, those hours/rules are ****** up. I hope you get paid well for that. :/

ReputationRep:
    What's the job? Is it worth keeping? It sounds stressful.

ReputationRep:
    12 hour shift? You definitely have my sympathy there. I don't get how they can expect 100% perfect performance for 12 hours on a busy night That is harsh. I would say have a word but then if you want to keep your job probably not a great idea, though if they are threatening being sacked in a week's time doesn't that mean after the week there will be less staff therefore less chance of getting fired? So possibly you only have this week to try really really hard in and then things might get a little easier?

But damn, those hours/rules are ****** up. I hope you get paid well for that. :/
    I can't really say anything because my shift leaders regularly do 24/36 hour shifts with 'no trouble'. And nope. £5.80 an hour. Not amazing for what I do... deal with drunks and **** stirrers on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Annora)
    What's the job? Is it worth keeping? It sounds stressful.
    I'm a barmaid in a new Lloyds (Wetherspoons) bar. It's ridiculously stressful and half the time I want to have a barney at the drunks but I'm not allowed :o: That or just have a panic attack out the back. The people I work with are amazing but half of them have very little to no bar experience and so they crawl along which frustrates me as when you've got a bar full of customers spending 5 minutes making a single drink on a large order is just ridiculous. I used to really love the job when I worked in my old place (same people, same bar, but new company and decor) but now it's a massive chore.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a barmaid in a new Lloyds (Wetherspoons) bar. It's ridiculously stressful and half the time I want to have a barney at the drunks but I'm not allowed :o: That or just have a panic attack out the back. The people I work with are amazing but half of them have very little to no bar experience and so they crawl along which frustrates me as when you've got a bar full of customers spending 5 minutes making a single drink on a large order is just ridiculous. I used to really love the job when I worked in my old place (same people, same bar, but new company and decor) but now it's a massive chore.
    :hugs:
    Uh, I feel for you. I had a job as a waitress at Brewer's Fayre family pub. It was horrible.
    I had to make the desserts for the whole restaurant (over 50 tables), which was ridiculous because it's packed and there's usually only one microwave that's working. I'd get yelled at because I can't make apple pies cook faster. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People keep telling me I'm paranoid. I'm not. This is not chance, or unluckyness or any of that bull**** it is clearly them working against me. Every single ******* time I do anything that makes me feel even a little bit better something happens which means I can't do it.

1) I listen to music through earphones to drown everything out. Can work ok most of the time. That's clearly no good, that means it's not winding me up enough so now I have an agonizing pain in both my ears 70% of the day and much worse when I listen to any music. Doctor said they're "fine and healthy", fine and healthy my ******* ass you lying *****.

2) The poisons that "psychiatrist" told me to take made me put on LOADS of weight even with exercise and eating much better. So I am now not taking it plus also trying to go running a lot to lose weight. What happens? I get massive pain in my lower legs when I try running; clearly losing weight was starting to make me feel good about myself, can't have that oh no so they did something to my bones.

3) I find a decent game that takes my mind off everything, the overweightness, the thoughts, every goddamn thing. Can't have that so since friday I can't connect to the servers. There is absolutely no ******* reason why this has happened, I didn't do anything to my computer, other people can connect, didn't install any new programs or **** with any settings. It was them. I play 30seconds of a game if I do somehow find one that lets me connect, then after 30 seconds, just enough time for me to think it might actually work, I get a message "can't connect to the server" and get booted off.

THIS IS NOT CHANCE. They're ******* with me. Killing me is too nice, it makes it all over so they **** about with me making sure I cannot do anything that I enjoy or anything that might make me feel a bit better.Not only that but they get those evil "doctors" (I'm probably more qualified to practise medicine than any of those I've seen) to support them and tell me I'm imagining everything.

ReputationRep:
    People keep telling me I'm paranoid. I'm not. This is not chance, or unluckyness or any of that bull**** it is clearly them working against me. Every single ******* time I do anything that makes me feel even a little bit better something happens which means I can't do it.

1) I listen to music through earphones to drown everything out. Can work ok most of the time. That's clearly no good, that means it's not winding me up enough so now I have an agonizing pain in both my ears 70% of the day and much worse when I listen to any music. Doctor said they're "fine and healthy", fine and healthy my ******* ass you lying *****.

2) The poisons that "psychiatrist" told me to take made me put on LOADS of weight even with exercise and eating much better. So I am now not taking it plus also trying to go running a lot to lose weight. What happens? I get massive pain in my lower legs when I try running; clearly losing weight was starting to make me feel good about myself, can't have that oh no so they did something to my bones.

3) I find a decent game that takes my mind off everything, the overweightness, the thoughts, every goddamn thing. Can't have that so since friday I can't connect to the servers. There is absolutely no ******* reason why this has happened, I didn't do anything to my computer, other people can connect, didn't install any new programs or **** with any settings. It was them. I play 30seconds of a game if I do somehow find one that lets me connect, then after 30 seconds, just enough time for me to think it might actually work, I get a message "can't connect to the server" and get booted off.

THIS IS NOT CHANCE. They're ******* with me. Killing me is too nice, it makes it all over so they **** about with me making sure I cannot do anything that I enjoy or anything that might make me feel a bit better.Not only that but they get those evil "doctors" (I'm probably more qualified to practise medicine than any of those I've seen) to support them and tell me I'm imagining everything.
    1) Headphones do damage your ears... but not noticeably. Do you have the clip on ones or the in ear ones? Having music too loud will make your ear drum hurt for a while after turning it off but won't leave anything for the docs to see, if you get me.
    2) I get them too, that's why I don't run, I swim instead. Much lower impact :yy: Just a natural jarring against the surface you run on. If you run too hard and fast on concrete then you could end up with concussion in your legs (sounds stupid, but leads to splints and ****, and really hurts) etc.
    3) Sounds like your laptop has an issue, doesn't it already have an issue with the screen?

Just my tuppence chick :hugs:

--

I had an awful nights sleep last night, sleep paralysis and then tossing and turning, I had a mini panic attack because I was too hot, and then a nightmare about work when I did finally get to sleep. :rolleyes:

I just had a shower and a MASSIVE moth flew itno my face and I had a massive panic attack and statred crying and screaming ...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.