Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My ex has decided to spend the last 45 minutes on msn gloating to me about how she has a new boyfriend.

I would feel rather **** at this point, but the fact she met him 2 days ago makes me realise that I am better off without her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I think the only way you can really respond is honestly. She's obviously an intelligent girl so I'm sure she will respect what you tell her and be sympathetic.
    I've always kept myself to myself, so I know being really honest is not necessarily easy, but I think we all get to a stage where we have to admit to ourselves that what we're doing isn't really working for us and you have to take risks.
    You're right, I should be honest with her and she does know I'm depressed and stuff but the thing is when she knew me I was really happy and now I feel like a completely different person. I do nothing, I cry all the time, feel like I'm pretending to still be human. I want to still be the person I was around her but I don't know how to. Meh, I'll probably put it off a couple more days then force myself to write something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    My ex has decided to spend the last 45 minutes on msn gloating to me about how she has a new boyfriend.

I would feel rather **** at this point, but the fact she met him 2 days ago makes me realise that I am better off without her.
    Agreed, im sorry but she sounds like a right ***** for that.
    But if you like her a lot..and if every time she talks to you, she will talk to you about her boyfriend..then maybe you should take a break or something..to clear your head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    You're right, I should be honest with her and she does know I'm depressed and stuff but the thing is when she knew me I was really happy and now I feel like a completely different person. I do nothing, I cry all the time, feel like I'm pretending to still be human. I want to still be the person I was around her but I don't know how to. Meh, I'll probably put it off a couple more days then force myself to write something.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, this sleep thing is bugging me. When paired with not finding anything at all interesting it makes for a very uncomfortable night. I've spent ages trying to get myself to try to sleep but I keep ending up back at my desk hoping that something on my computer will hold my interest for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep. Was texting my ex (we've been text flirting for a while now) and he mentioned sex again, I said that I just don't want to have sex outside of a relationship, and that we should just be friends if all he wants from me is to sleep with me. He agreed.

So why do I feel like I've made a very bad decision? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Back from the psychiatrist. They've arranged for this really nice person to do talking therapy or something with me next week. Thankfully I don't even have to leave the house Feeling pretty **** to be honest, I did finally manage to fall asleep at some point but only after hours of thinking which is never good.

How is everyone? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Can't sleep. Was texting my ex (we've been text flirting for a while now) and he mentioned sex again, I said that I just don't want to have sex outside of a relationship, and that we should just be friends if all he wants from me is to sleep with me. He agreed.

:hugs: You haven't made a bad decision, you've made a good one, one that'll prevent you from getting even more hurt :console: And staying friends is a good thing :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

If it's what you want, then it's not really a bad decision. I wouldn't want sex outside a relationship either, so not everybody's like that. You're better off just doing what feels most comfortable and right to you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Back from the psychiatrist. They've arranged for this really nice person to do talking therapy or something with me next week. Thankfully I don't even have to leave the house Feeling pretty **** to be honest, I did finally manage to fall asleep at some point but only after hours of thinking which is never good.

How is everyone? :hugs:
    Hi there, hope you're doing alright, and your therapy goes well :hugs:. I'm feeling OK today, just kinda looking forward to doing stuff in the summer. I have Ticketmaster vouchers which I got last year, need to spend them soon before they expire. I might go watch Wicked The Musical in London

ReputationRep:
    We seem to be doing ok on the just friends thing this morning. I guess I just need to adjust, again?

Had my college interview today, who knows if I was meant to leave when I did, but I did, I waited for ages and they didnt make it clear to me if im, in or not? or if they were getting hold of me.
    Feels like nothing, I have no energy and I need to run soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Hi there, hope you're doing alright, and your therapy goes well :hugs:. I'm feeling OK today, just kinda looking forward to doing stuff in the summer. I have Ticketmaster vouchers which I got last year, need to spend them soon before they expire. I might go watch Wicked The Musical in London
    Thanks. And thanks for the rep too :hugs: I'm just glad that things finally seem to be moving - regardless of whether or not I get into uni, I want to start feeling better by September really, in case I have to go back to sixth form... :erm:

Wicked :coma: Sounds like an excellent way to spend a day :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Agreed, im sorry but she sounds like a right ***** for that.
    But if you like her a lot..and if every time she talks to you, she will talk to you about her boyfriend..then maybe you should take a break or something..to clear your head?
    I don't really like her a lot, she just reminds me of happier times. I am glad for her I just do not need it re-enforced for 45 minutes if you get me :p: .

I don't really talk to her unless she talks to me me, which is usually when she has something to talk about she knows will hit a nerve, I re read my post and it came across as a bit of a jealous ex, but this isn't really the case.

Feel a bit better today but had to ask my dad to dry up and I cleaned the table etc instead as the knives were really tempting me, though I didn't tell him that was my reason.

Restless as fuccck but have no motivation to just GET on with it. Plus had two bowls of cereal for dinner. ffs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like her a lot, she just reminds me of happier times. I am glad for her I just do not need it re-enforced for 45 minutes if you get me :p: .

I don't really talk to her unless she talks to me me, which is usually when she has something to talk about she knows will hit a nerve, I re read my post and it came across as a bit of a jealous ex, but this isn't really the case.

Feel a bit better today but had to ask my dad to dry up and I cleaned the table etc instead as the knives were really tempting me, though I didn't tell him that was my reason.
    Hey, there are other people who love you, you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Hey, there are other people who love you, you know?
    Yeahh, the fact that it would hurt some people is probably one of the main reasons I am still here tbh.

Btw, your sig gif is hilarious :p:.

ReputationRep:
    I have my first CMHT appointment tomorrow and i'm quite tempted not to go. It will take at least 2 hours out of my day when I should be revising and its not exactly going to be pleasant. Besides I'm not going to be in the area for all of august so I can't really attend follow up appointments. And I dont think there's anything they can do either. Arghhh.

The thing is, if I dont go, it looks like I dont want help getting better, and my GP probably wont be impressed. And it wont exactly look good if I want to go back there again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, the fact that it would hurt some people is probably one of the main reasons I am still here tbh.

Btw, your sig gif is hilarious :p:.
    Yeah, obviously you want to get to a point whereby you love yourself. But the love that others have for you, should be a reason to keep it going

Haha, thanks Itachi! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I have my first CMHT appointment tomorrow and i'm quite tempted not to go. It will take at least 2 hours out of my day when I should be revising and its not exactly going to be pleasant. Besides I'm not going to be in the area for all of august so I can't really attend follow up appointments. And I dont think there's anything they can do either. Arghhh.

The thing is, if I dont go, it looks like I dont want help getting better, and my GP probably wont be impressed. And it wont exactly look good if I want to go back there again.
    Whats a CMHT?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.