Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by fire2burn)
    I've had to come home, on intercalation from my degree as I can't finish it like this. All I want is peace and quiet, surely nothing much to ask for? But what I get is lectures about how you just need a routine in your life, it's probably the caffeine you drink, just have to get on with things and ignore it, and now it's your piercings take them out. Would love to get away again but I don't have enough money, plus no one would accept me for a job not whilst I'm ill at the moment. Have my CPN coming tomorrow to my house, maybe I should get her to speak to them again because it's becoming unbearable. Can't even sleep tonight because I have a really annoying voice talking about death, how I'm going to die in a horrible way, how other people are going to die in a horrible way, and how it's most likely going to be my fault because I didn't stop the researchers. I don't even know who the researchers are, but this voice goes on and on about them.

Did the voices stop for you? Good that you got away though if she was making things worse for you, everyone needs to escape at times.
    Maybe you can try and get into your own place with the help of the council if it would benefit your help? There are resources avaliable to help people like yourself, unfortunately they're stretched very far and some people take advantage. Voices stopped when my eating became better, going through a rough patch with food again now as put on about 2 and a half stone since going off my healthy eating which sucks and is ******* me over epsecially as I am not losing any weigth and exericisng plenty and eating well. Exhausting.
    It's not much to ask for some peace and quiet and all, you need this time to heal adn get back up to a sane level again so you can return to your education. Parents are just :gah: at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Urgh, I so want some sleeping pills right now. Not for anything bad I just can't ******* sleep and I've had enough of my stupid mind/body/whichever not letting me sleep. I'm bloody exhausted. I had an argument with my mother in front of the psychiatrist about my sleep today - she thinks because I'm in bed at midday that I just sleep all the time. That's not really the case when dawn is an early bed time.

Oh what's even the point of trying to sleep? It's not going to happen :cry:

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out or I'll end up banging on my parents' bedroom door, waking them up, just to ask for sleeping pills that do jack ****.
    Hey heey Steffi..maybe youre too stressed to sleep?..take it easy..calmm down and that might help?

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm normally fine when I get there, apart from the whole bursting into tears thing :erm: I think it's that I have to leave the house etc really. :erm: Hell, even this talking thing that was set up today, where someone comes to my house to talk etc is freaking me out because I have to make myself look somewhat presentable :erm: I just prefer not having to think, 'Oh **** it's 5am and I have work in 4 hours and I still haven't fallen asleep'.

Okay, I may be having a mini breakdown right now so am probably being a little over-dramatic :rolleyes:

Sounds sensible, sounds like your a little low in confidence to me, but from the help you have been to me and others on this thread there is no reason for that .

Suicidal urges are really wearing me down now, the constant battle to try argue against myself is getting tiresome. I think im slowly losing the battle , must try and keep strong.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I so want some sleeping pills right now. Not for anything bad I just can't ******* sleep and I've had enough of my stupid mind/body/whichever not letting me sleep. I'm bloody exhausted. I had an argument with my mother in front of the psychiatrist about my sleep today - she thinks because I'm in bed at midday that I just sleep all the time. That's not really the case when dawn is an early bed time.

Oh what's even the point of trying to sleep? It's not going to happen :cry:

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out or I'll end up banging on my parents' bedroom door, waking them up, just to ask for sleeping pills that do jack ****.
    Why don't you ask for sleeping pills that actually do help? If your dr is worried about overdose then you can give them to someone to give them to you. I guess if you're that tired however you will probably sleep eventually though obviously not a particularly good sleep. Or explain to your mum that sleeping at dawn is easier?

:hugs: Because despite the big letters in front of their names saying 'Dr', they're still only human - they get it wrong, they have differing opinions etc. You need to find one that you get on with.

:hugs: Well done on passing!
    humans make mistakes of course, but I don't think they've simply all made a mistake that's impossible. They were paid to lie to me and any other one that I see will do the exact same thing.

Tbh I'm not particularly happy about passing. Sure it's nice not to have to do resits but I got a 2:2 overall which is pretty pathetic and it means I have another year of despising every day.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a holy unsuccessful night out... I spent most of it on the phone to my friend, threatening to kill myself, most of the rest having a panic attack in the toilets and then one of my friends nearly started on the taxi man. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    Greetings travellers,

Somewhat surprised when my CPN brought the consultant psychiatrist to my house today, told me Risperidone wont be effective for me. Said I need to start on 600mg of Quetiapine starting tonight, which so far as I'm aware is quite a high dose. I was given a choice, take it or risk being sectioned if I get any worse.

Two questions...

1) Can they section me just for not being med compliant?
    2) Any experiences of taking Quetiapine (Seroquel)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Hey heey Steffi..maybe youre too stressed to sleep?..take it easy..calmm down and that might help?

:hugs:
    I am probably stressed but it doesn't change anything, even when I'm really calm and relaxed I still can't sleep. Thanks though.

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Sounds sensible, sounds like your a little low in confidence to me, but from the help you have been to me and others on this thread there is no reason for that .

Suicidal urges are really wearing me down now, the constant battle to try argue against myself is getting tiresome. I think im slowly losing the battle , must try and keep strong.

Thanks. My confidence is pretty low but I also just get really anxious about things, especially when I haven't had much sleep :o:

:hugs: Is there anyone you can talk to/a helpline or something?

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Why don't you ask for sleeping pills that actually do help? If your dr is worried about overdose then you can give them to someone to give them to you. I guess if you're that tired however you will probably sleep eventually though obviously not a particularly good sleep. Or explain to your mum that sleeping at dawn is easier?
    My doctor and the psychiatrist know that if I was going to kill myself, I'd most likely turn to sleeping pills so I'm not sure they'd even give them to me. I might talk to my doctor about it next time I see him though because it'd really wearing me down now. Thankfully I have the next 3 weeks off work so don't need to get up early :woo:

I did eventually get to sleep, yeah, but I kept waking up. My Mum's backing off about the sleep, possibly because I look like **** at the moment so it's clear I'm not sleeping well, it's just when I have to get up to do something it's so hard to find the motivation to not just think '**** it, I'm not doing that'

humans make mistakes of course, but I don't think they've simply all made a mistake that's impossible. They were paid to lie to me and any other one that I see will do the exact same thing.

Tbh I'm not particularly happy about passing. Sure it's nice not to have to do resits but I got a 2:2 overall which is pretty pathetic and it means I have another year of despising every day.
    The thing is that there are loads of different things that could help, it's just a matter of finding what helps you. And no one's paying them to do anything, you'll find something that helps if you ask for it :hugs:

:console: But if you'd failed how would you have felt then? The fact that you passed despite all the **** you have going on right now should make you very proud - you're clearly intelligent to manage it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I am probably stressed but it doesn't change anything, even when I'm really calm and relaxed I still can't sleep. Thanks though.
    A friend of mine had the same problem, she couldnt get any sleep and because of this was getting stressed...what she did was start to eat healthy, go to the gym and do lots of work which kinda forced her body to want sleep..and this helped her a lot.
    Are you one of those people that think a lot?..if you think too much when youre trying to sleep, it wont help..

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Well that was a holy unsuccessful night out... I spent most of it on the phone to my friend, threatening to kill myself, most of the rest having a panic attack in the toilets and then one of my friends nearly started on the taxi man. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. My confidence is pretty low but I also just get really anxious about things, especially when I haven't had much sleep :o:

:hugs: Is there anyone you can talk to/a helpline or something?
    Do you get anxious about everything or just things which involve interacting with other people?

I really dislike talking to people about how I feel, the only person I seem to be able too is my dad, and he is a ****. He will get a shock one of these days when he comes home and I am dangling from the ceiling, I don't know if its not wanting to admit his son is seriously considering killing himself or the fact that he thinks I am attention seeking, which if so I would come up with something which gained far more sympathy than suicidalness. Does he not understand how much courage it took to go and talk to him, all for it to be waved back in my face with nothing achieved. He said go back to my GP, but with a 8 week referal to counselling I see no point, I will be dead or over this phase by then anyway.

Sorry this turned out into me venting some steam.

It seems Childine have an online IM style thing where you can talk to people, i'm not 18 for 4 week so still classed as a child :o:. going to give that a shot when I have some time on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Greetings travellers,

Somewhat surprised when my CPN brought the consultant psychiatrist to my house today, told me Risperidone wont be effective for me. Said I need to start on 600mg of Quetiapine starting tonight, which so far as I'm aware is quite a high dose. I was given a choice, take it or risk being sectioned if I get any worse.

Two questions...

I don't think it's that big a dose, the usual range is 200-800mg/day for quetiapine.

No they can't section you just for not taking your medication. You will get sectioned for being very unwell regardless of the meds. There is more chance of you getting unwell if you don't take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Can I ask if you were drinking? I find drinking makes me a lot worse.

The psychiatrist I saw today seems to think I have a bit of a problem with alcohol- even though i drink less than everyone i know- and that was something she focussed on loads.

I know going out is normal but maybe you should avoid it if you end up feeling so bad at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine had the same problem, she couldnt get any sleep and because of this was getting stressed...what she did was start to eat healthy, go to the gym and do lots of work which kinda forced her body to want sleep..and this helped her a lot.
    Are you one of those people that think a lot?..if you think too much when youre trying to sleep, it wont help..
    Even when my body and mind are tired and my mind is out of things to think about, I just lie there unable to sleep. I have no idea how to fix it - I'm tired to the point of meltdown but just can't sleep.

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Do you get anxious about everything or just things which involve interacting with other people?

I really dislike talking to people about how I feel, the only person I seem to be able too is my dad, and he is a ****. He will get a shock one of these days when he comes home and I am dangling from the ceiling, I don't know if its not wanting to admit his son is seriously considering killing himself or the fact that he thinks I am attention seeking, which if so I would come up with something which gained far more sympathy than suicidalness. Does he not understand how much courage it took to go and talk to him, all for it to be waved back in my face with nothing achieved. He said go back to my GP, but with a 8 week referal to counselling I see no point, I will be dead or over this phase by then anyway.

Sorry this turned out into me venting some steam.

It seems Childine have an online IM style thing where you can talk to people, i'm not 18 for 4 week so still classed as a child :o:. going to give that a shot when I have some time on my own.
    I do get anxious about things involving people but even just taking a shower I'll get nervous about and will have to check the house/room several time before I convince myself that my parents aren't trying to talk to me/someone's ringing the doorbell or whatever. I sound bloody insane but... :dontknow:

:hugs: Parents have difficulty accepting that their child is mentally ill most of the time and would rather blame it on something else, perhaps because they think it may be their fault.

Do go back to your GP though - my GP referred my to a psychiatrist and I had an appointment within a week (I think they said they were going to ask them to speed it up, I can't remember) and despite the ridiculously long waiting list for talking therapy (I've had my second 'We're sorry you're going to have to wait longer' letter from the service I was referred to about 3 months ago), the psychiatrist has sorted out stuff with his colleagues so that I get someone to talk to in the mean time. So just because the lists are long doesn't mean that you can't get help quickly. Just stress to your GP that it is urgent - they always take people feeling suicidal seriously if they're a decent doctor. :console:

That sounds like a good idea :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I don't think it's that big a dose, the usual range is 200-800mg/day for quetiapine.

No they can't section you just for not taking your medication. You will get sectioned for being very unwell regardless of the meds. There is more chance of you getting unwell if you don't take it.
    Just something the cpn said about the starting dose being 200 usually, afraid this might not only tackle the insomnia but completely knock me out as well during the day. I had to stop olanzapine because it completely zombified me amongst other things.

Parents are so contradictive on the issue, one says to do as the doctor says the other says these medications just make you even worse in the long term and cover everything up. Confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Even when my body and mind are tired and my mind is out of things to think about, I just lie there unable to sleep. I have no idea how to fix it - I'm tired to the point of meltdown but just can't sleep.
    Bevor du ins Bett gehst, hast du du eine Körpermassage versuchten?...oder eine Kräutertee? Vielleicht kannst du klassikmusik hören?
    Schläftchen vermieden...
    hmmm
    hier ist eine Ratschlag
    "To help you sleep after a high stress day, lie down with a hot water bottle on your stomach, close your eyes and breath deeply, so the bottle rises and falls. We carry a lot of tension there and the weighted heat releases it." - Elaine"
    Was glaubst du darüber denn? )

a massive bone crushing headache forced mte to sleep last night :fyi: dont reccomend it, or know how it came about :erm:

ReputationRep:
    My doctor and the psychiatrist know that if I was going to kill myself, I'd most likely turn to sleeping pills so I'm not sure they'd even give them to me. I might talk to my doctor about it next time I see him though because it'd really wearing me down now. Thankfully I have the next 3 weeks off work so don't need to get up early :woo:

I did eventually get to sleep, yeah, but I kept waking up. My Mum's backing off about the sleep, possibly because I look like **** at the moment so it's clear I'm not sleeping well, it's just when I have to get up to do something it's so hard to find the motivation to not just think '**** it, I'm not doing that'
    Yeah a lot of drs think that which is why I mentioned giving them to someone else (one of your parents or a friend etc) so that you don't have them to hand to overdose with. Time off work is always good :yy:

Keep waking up is the most annoying thing. Don't really understand your last bit but if you cba to get out of bed to do stuff do you have a laptop or anything else you can do in bed? if you get yourself to do that then it's easier to then get yourself to do other things later (like plugging in the laptop charger...:p: )

The thing is that there are loads of different things that could help, it's just a matter of finding what helps you. And no one's paying them to do anything, you'll find something that helps if you ask for it :hugs:

:console: But if you'd failed how would you have felt then? The fact that you passed despite all the **** you have going on right now should make you very proud - you're clearly intelligent to manage it :yep:
    I'm worried that they'll just get me to take more awful drugs which make me feel even more **** and continue to refuse to believe anything I tell them - that is, if they're not being paid, although the ear thing kind of proves that wrong.

If I'd failed I would do resits and then if I'd failed them yes I'd feel pretty **** but that ****ness would wear off quicker than a year of dragging myself through it all again. :dontknow:

Greetings travellers,

Two questions...

Hey.

1) no idea, sorry, but doesn't it say that's allowed if you're a danger to yourself/others? So if you weren't threatening anyone or threatening suicide then it might be hard for them to section you. Also don't they need a court order to force you to take drugs outside of hospital?

2) awful awful awful horrible stuff. I've taken many different psychiatric drugs and that was easily the worst. Worse than olanzapine. And thorazine. And all the antidepressants. Someone could give me a million bucks and I wouldn't take it again. :no: (though obviously, as with everything, "different drugs have different effects on different people" )

ReputationRep:
    Bevor du ins Bett gehst, hast du du eine Körpermassage versuchten?...oder eine Kräutertee? Vielleicht kannst du klassikmusik hören?
    Schläftchen vermieden...
    hmmm
    hier ist eine Ratschlag
    "To help you sleep after a high stress day, lie down with a hot water bottle on your stomach, close your eyes and breath deeply, so the bottle rises and falls. We carry a lot of tension there and the weighted heat releases it." - Elaine"
    Was glaubst du darüber denn? )
    You're evil :p: In a nice way, but I'm running on 3 hours sleep now so I'm not even going to try and understand that word for word. I have tried different solutions to the problem, including various pills, teas and classical music (like my father I've always had a difficult time getting to sleep, it's just it's even worse at the moment). I've even tried the whole scented candles and meditation thing. Nothing's worked :sad:

Why the German?

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah a lot of drs think that which is why I mentioned giving them to someone else (one of your parents or a friend etc) so that you don't have them to hand to overdose with. Time off work is always good :yy:

Keep waking up is the most annoying thing. Don't really understand your last bit but if you cba to get out of bed to do stuff do you have a laptop or anything else you can do in bed? if you get yourself to do that then it's easier to then get yourself to do other things later (like plugging in the laptop charger...:p: )
    My parents would have to keep them on them at all times though, just in case. I'd rather not have the temptation in the house to be honest. But then I also just want to get a good night's sleep :erm:

Don't worry, I don't think I understand it either. :o: I have a TV pointed at my bed with a Buffy DVD in it and the entire boxset next to the bed... Currently I'm using it for when I can't sleep and nothing's holding my interest but I could try using it for getting out of bed too maybe... I've normally just shoved on the news and turned it up loud.

I'm worried that they'll just get me to take more awful drugs which make me feel even more **** and continue to refuse to believe anything I tell them - that is, if they're not being paid, although the ear thing kind of proves that wrong.

If I'd failed I would do resits and then if I'd failed them yes I'd feel pretty **** but that ****ness would wear off quicker than a year of dragging myself through it all again. :dontknow:
    :hugs: I know you're not going to believe me, but no one's paying them. There are so many different drugs out there, you just need to find the one that works for you. You don't deserve to be feeling or thinking like this, you deserve to be happy. You just have to ask for help first.

:console: At least it'll be over soon? rather than looking back and wishing you'd be able to carry on with uni, you can try and finish it?

ReputationRep:
    You're evil :p: In a nice way, but I'm running on 3 hours sleep now so I'm not even going to try and understand that word for word. I have tried different solutions to the problem, including various pills, teas and classical music (like my father I've always had a difficult time getting to sleep, it's just it's even worse at the moment). I've even tried the whole scented candles and meditation thing. Nothing's worked :sad:

Why the German?
    Because im evil like you say :devil:
    mhm...when did this problem start?

ReputationRep:
    So very confused and don't have a job/volunteer work to do so im incredibly bored aswell. Feeling much better after the disastrous day that was wednesday when i was at my very lowest after hours and some much needed sleep i managed to recover from that.
    Finding it hard to focus on the future when i dont know whther i've gotten the grades for uni or not

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.