Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Because im evil like you say :devil:
    mhm...when did this problem start?
    Ah, just seen your signature. Unless you've been speaking German since, well, you started German then you're also insane to want to continue the punishment I kid. I like German's word order...

I've always had it, it's just since the whole depression thing it's gotten really bad.

---

My mother's trying to make me meet up with friends at least once a week. I started out just joking along (when she said 'a few times this summer') I won't repeat what I said when she introduced the quota. Not because it was overly rude but because I've forgotten. I'm even forgetting to remain annoyed at her... As if going out with friends (or even 'friends' for one of the things she suggested) is going to solve things. All friends want to be around the crying girl who only ever wears comfy clothes and couldn't give less of a **** about make up or pretending to like people. That and I'll probably have a nervous breakdown if I'm around too many people I don't know :rolleyes:

I'm not leaving the house :haughty: (It's the night of the prom in case anyone can't tell, my mother would much rather that I was in some hideous dress in a local city right now).

ReputationRep:
    I feel really awful and i can't revise and i'm being really rude to my best friend all the time. He's getting fed up with me. I dont know why I do it.
    I dont think I can cope with these exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/console.gif

The cycling from normal to depressive sounds like bipolar disorder. Maybe you should go see your GP?
    Thanks I think it's more a case of hormones and regular old depressive tendencies though. I've never been manic or high so I don't think there's any reason to assume it's bipolar disorder (although my dad's bipolar).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I feel really awful and i can't revise and i'm being really rude to my best friend all the time. He's getting fed up with me. I dont know why I do it.
    I dont think I can cope with these exams
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hey.

1) no idea, sorry, but doesn't it say that's allowed if you're a danger to yourself/others? So if you weren't threatening anyone or threatening suicide then it might be hard for them to section you. Also don't they need a court order to force you to take drugs outside of hospital?

2) awful awful awful horrible stuff. I've taken many different psychiatric drugs and that was easily the worst. Worse than olanzapine. And thorazine. And all the antidepressants. Someone could give me a million bucks and I wouldn't take it again. :no: (though obviously, as with everything, "different drugs have different effects on different people" )
    I don't think I'm a danger to myself or others, but the psych seems to think I'm planning to off myself to prove one of the voices right. I don't really remember what they were saying earlier, cos of all that thought blocking jazz. They keep going on about the radio tower nearby but I don't have any intention of climbing it or jumping off, just supposed to go there to find something, something to prove them right. I think they might need a court order, but knowing the psychiatric profession I wouldn't put it past them to jump at the chances of obtaining one.

I took one of the tablets at 6pm because my parents wouldn't shut up about it, made voices angry taking it, had to do it, probably just spit it out next time. Haven't noticed anything yet, no sedation, nothing. Four hours... and they said this would help me sleep...

What was horrible about seroquel for you? Zombification or something?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for a chat tonight? I need to keep my mind off things but all of my friends are at the leavers' ball, living life as perfectly happy 18 year olds :sad: I don't think I'll even bother trying to sleep tonight. :erm:

How is everyone? :hugs:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Anyone up for a chat tonight? I need to keep my mind off things but all of my friends are at the leavers' ball, living life as perfectly happy 18 year olds :sad: I don't think I'll even bother trying to sleep tonight. :erm:

crappy crappy poop :hugs:
    i am gonna stuggle to sleep tonight also :mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    crappy crappy poop :hugs:
    i am gonna stuggle to sleep tonight also :mute:
    :hugs: Strangely, today all I want to do is sleep, just so I don't have to focus on how **** I feel. I'll probably end up playing the sims until some horribly early hour of the morning and then try to sleep :erm: At least we're struggling to sleep in the summer? :erm:

:hugs: Strangely, today all I want to do is sleep, just so I don't have to focus on how **** I feel. I'll probably end up playing the sims until some horribly early hour of the morning and then try to sleep :erm: At least we're struggling to sleep in the summer? :erm:
    yeah, gonna go off computre soon, light attracts moths.....they terrify me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    yeah, gonna go off computre soon, light attracts moths.....they terrify me
    :hugs: They are scary and weird things, that's for sure :yep:

ReputationRep:

Awhh :jumphug: .

I'm not too brilliant, how are you coping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Awhh :jumphug: .

I'm not too brilliant, how are you coping?
    Thanks. Not great, but at least I'm only crying and not thinking about things. I'm all out of chocolate though

:hugs: If only everyone on here could be happy :sad:

:hugs: They are scary and weird things, that's for sure :yep:
    I find depression has made me so easily terrified.

I have no friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I don't think I'm a danger to myself or others, but the psych seems to think I'm planning to off myself to prove one of the voices right. I don't really remember what they were saying earlier, cos of all that thought blocking jazz. They keep going on about the radio tower nearby but I don't have any intention of climbing it or jumping off, just supposed to go there to find something, something to prove them right. I think they might need a court order, but knowing the psychiatric profession I wouldn't put it past them to jump at the chances of obtaining one.

I took one of the tablets at 6pm because my parents wouldn't shut up about it, made voices angry taking it, had to do it, probably just spit it out next time. Haven't noticed anything yet, no sedation, nothing. Four hours... and they said this would help me sleep...

What was horrible about seroquel for you? Zombification or something?
    I thought the danger bit was meant to be that you've clearly expressed a desire to act on what they're telling you not that you might possibly even though you deny it? I dunno you could probably find out somewhere on the internet or those citizens' advice people could help. Though yeah I wouldn't put it past a psychiatrist to lie or misrepresent what you've told them to get their way.

It wasn't really zombification like I had on olanzapine but definite zombification - thinking was incredibly hard, not just about like uni work but everything even what to make for dinner or what food I needed to buy at the supermarket, and waking up in the morning was absolutely impossible. I didn't get much sedation when I took it but in the mornings I would feel so ******* awful it was unreal. It would feel like I hadn't slept for a week and then someone had woken me up just as I'd fallen asleep no matter how much sleep I got. Dry mouth was insanely uncomfortable, first week or so I couldn't sleep at all because it felt like the muscles in my legs had to move so I just walked up and down the hall way for hours. and the weight omg. I don't eat that unhealthily but I noticed my weight increasing so ate better food and exercised more yet put on 3 stone incredibly fast - probably doesn't sound like a big deal I know but the quetiapine didn't actually help any of the "symptoms" that the psychiatrist told me it would so there was zero point taking it. Still have massive stretchmarks and trying to lose the weight now. Probably also get diabetes or something from all the weight gain. :rolleyes: anyway it was just horrible, the leg thing wore off but the impossible to wake up thing didn't nor did the inability to think which was pretty bad - trying to speak to a friend and I'd just sit there staring at the wall instead, he got so pissed off but my head was totally blank 90% of the time.

**** sorry...that's pretty long :o: it might work for you then again it might do sod all

:hugs: I'll chat with you, or try to :p:

don't worry about the leavers' ball, yes you could sit there winding yourself up about how much fun everyone might be having or you could forget about it and concentrate on enjoying yourself. I went to mine it was COMPLETE **** I hated every minute of it, wish I'd done what you're doing.

Btw if you want and/or you're bored of the sims I could send you an invite for team fortress 2 - online game pretty good fun, great for not thinking about anything, you'd need steam (which is free) and an invite lets you play for 3 days I think.... I have a few so if you want one just say I am a moron, they have expired.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Not great, but at least I'm only crying and not thinking about things. I'm all out of chocolate though

:hugs: If only everyone on here could be happy :sad:
    I have a huge bar of Galaxy in the fridge you could have, I don't dare open it or it will be gone within 10 minutes :o:.

Got to be up at 6:30 to go to Cardiff, 6:30 has been the average time I have got to sleep, this will be fun :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I find depression has made me so easily terrified.

I have no friends
    Same.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: I'll chat with you, or try to :p:

don't worry about the leavers' ball, yes you could sit there winding yourself up about how much fun everyone might be having or you could forget about it and concentrate on enjoying yourself. I went to mine it was COMPLETE **** I hated every minute of it, wish I'd done what you're doing.

Btw if you want and/or you're bored of the sims I could send you an invite for team fortress 2 - online game pretty good fun, great for not thinking about anything, you'd need steam (which is free) and an invite lets you play for 3 days I think.... I have a few so if you want one just say
    Thanks. Yeah, I know I'd have hated it anyway, I just miss being all non-teary and non-down etc. I hate feeling like this, the leavers' ball just reminds me how much stuff has changed.

Thanks but my laptop screen is so messed up at the moment that I'm not really playing any games I really need to fix it. You should see how I've got it set up now just so that I can see the screen! I think I'll go watch Buffy to take my mind off things (it's literally all I've done for the past 2 days or so) - I can focus on how much Dawn annoys me :teehee: It's not like I can focus on anything anyway.

I have a huge bar of Galaxy in the fridge you could have, I don't dare open it or it will be gone within 10 minutes :o:.

Got to be up at 6:30 to go to Cardiff, 6:30 has been the average time I have got to sleep, this will be fun :yep:.
    Haha, that's what happened to my rather large bar of aero. :teehee:

:hugs: Try not to think about when you have to get up, it will probably make it harder for you to sleep.

ReputationRep:

Haha, that's what happened to my rather large bar of aero. :teehee:

:hugs: Try not to think about when you have to get up, it will probably make it harder for you to sleep.
    Not going to even try too sleep :p:. Would only stress me out and make me upset the fact that I would fail.

Its such a shame that it has to be some of the kind people in the world that get laboured with all these problems, when you consider what some people are like, shows how unfair the world is.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to even try too sleep :p:. Would only stress me out and make me upset the fact that I would fail.

Its such a shame that it has to be some of the kind people in the world that get laboured with all these problems, when you consider what some people are like, shows how unfair the world is.

True but it would be weird if everything would be perfect I guess... And I do think everything balances out eventually :yep:

---

Right, I'm going to go 'sleep', aka watch Buffy until I can quote it. And no doubt end up on here complaining that I can't sleep again. :nothing: I apologise in advance :p:

Buzzing tonight :woo:

Everyone can have hugs, on me :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    It makes me panic just to gather up the courage and drive to actually SEE the therapist. I'd rather just stay at home all the time.

And even here, there's never peace and quiet when the family's about. I just have to pretend to them that I'm trying to do things as normal and everything's fine... I hate people not understanding how I feel despite me trying to explain. I've told some close friends, but they think it's just low self-esteem and about negative thinking but it's gone so much deeper than that. I don't want to do anything anymore.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.