Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :hugs:
    I'm assuming you have thoroughly cleaned your ears? Olive oil may clean them out as well. Also those specially designed sprays. Ear aches ******* suck.
    Yeah I've cleaned them fully, not tried a spray yet because first I keep forgetting and second I don't think it will help for the reason given above. I agree earaches really ******* suck especially extremely painful ones which painkillers have no effect on.

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Why do you think anyone would be out to get you?
    It's a very long complicated explanation that I'd rather not go into but there are many reasons for them doing it and it's not a recent thing either they've been trying things for a couple of years now this is just the latest.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling pretty ****. Oddly they're mainly self esteem issues. That and I can never seem to lose weight. :sad: I didn't even lose weight when I used to row. I gained. But I did look better then the ******* mess I am now. I don't have the energy to sort it though, to dye my hair and wash and dry it in a way that stops it frizzing or wear clothes that make me look good, of which there are none, or to... Bother at all. But it still bugs me. I used to always take care over my makeup and my skin and whilst I'm still sort of that vain, I just can't be bothered any more. I used to care about how I presented myself, but now I don't.

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm doing this too often.

Oh, and why is it you're not supposed to drink whilst on antidepressants (SSRIs)? Not that it's going to stop me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It's a very long complicated explanation that I'd rather not go into but there are many reasons for them doing it and it's not a recent thing either they've been trying things for a couple of years now this is just the latest.
    Okay. Its a bit hard to try help without understanding everything, but you will sort it out, you need to just keep on going.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Feeling pretty ****. Oddly they're mainly self esteem issues. That and I can never seem to lose weight. :sad: I didn't even lose weight when I used to row. I gained. But I did look better then the ******* mess I am now. I don't have the energy to sort it though, to dye my hair and wash and dry it in a way that stops it frizzing or wear clothes that make me look good, of which there are none, or to... Bother at all. But it still bugs me. I used to always take care over my makeup and my skin and whilst I'm still sort of that vain, I just can't be bothered any more. I used to care about how I presented myself, but now I don't.

Oh, and why is it you're not supposed to drink whilst on antidepressants (SSRIs)? Not that it's going to stop me anyway.
    Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs)

Evidence shows that fluoxetine does not react with alcohol. Similarly, sertraline, citalopram and escitalopram are unlikely to significantly increase side effects from drinking alcohol.

However, if you’re taking fluvoxamine or paroxetine, the risk of drowsiness after drinking alcohol may be increased.

Manufacturers still advise that you avoid drinking alcohol while taking SSRIs.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Its a bit hard to try help without understanding everything, but you will sort it out, you need to just keep on going.

Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs)

Evidence shows that fluoxetine does not react with alcohol. Similarly, sertraline, citalopram and escitalopram are unlikely to significantly increase side effects from drinking alcohol.

However, if you’re taking fluvoxamine or paroxetine, the risk of drowsiness after drinking alcohol may be increased.

Manufacturers still advise that you avoid drinking alcohol while taking SSRIs.
    Sweet. Thanks. As I'm on fluoxetine I guess it doesn't matter all that much then? :woo:

I could do with the drowsiness though :sad: Oh well, I'm a light weight and I await my passing out. Not that I've drunk that much of course. I just really want to get some sleep sometime soon :nothing:

EDIT: Wow, I'm tired. Alcohol always makes me tired so let's see if I can sleep now :woo:

EDIT 1 : Oh damn, I have to stay awake to stop my brother drinking. Anyone want to babysit a 16 year old boy whilst I take a nap? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. Thanks. As I'm on fluoxetine I guess it doesn't matter all that much then? :woo:

I could do with the drowsiness though :sad: Oh well, I'm a light weight and I await my passing out. Not that I've drunk that much of course. I just really want to get some sleep sometime soon :nothing:
    I think its more aimed at people who are driving so they don't fall asleep at the wheel after drinking x amount under the limit. So providing your not planning on driving after drinking, which I would hope not anyway, don't think it will matter except for when you fall asleep in your seat :p:.

ReputationRep:
    I think its more aimed at people who are driving so they don't fall asleep at the wheel after drinking x amount under the limit. So providing your not planning on driving after drinking, which I would hope not anyway, don't think it will matter except for when you fall asleep in your seat :p:.
    Sweeeeeeeet. I can't drive, I'm completely and utterly **** at driving because I'm a ******* scaredy cat and get anxious. About roundabouts and stuff. So I'm safe for that then! :top:

Although I do love taking corners going fast... But roundabouts... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Sweeeeeeeet. I can't drive, I'm completely and utterly **** at driving because I'm a ******* scaredy cat and get anxious. About roundabouts and stuff. So I'm safe for that then! :top:

Although I do love taking corners going fast... But roundabouts... :erm:
    I was pants at roundabouts to begin with, you just have too floor it when you see a space in the traffic and pray you didn't misjudge it :o:. Are you learning or did you manage to pass?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah I'm trying. My latest plan - since they stopped me running - is to lift weights at the gym several times a week then if they do try to **** with me more I'll **** with them Working pretty well so far.

I know that feeling exactly. My mum always goes on and on how "of course you're depressed; you haven't combed your hair and you look a mess" as though wearing non-hoody+combats will make everything better. :rolleyes: but yeah don't worry about it, if you don't feel like dressing up don't because if you're anything like me you'd feel a right retard for it anyway which makes you feel worse.

Re: alcohol + ssris I think it might be discouraged generally because it's not entirely known how it will affect you. Like when you take new things they say to watch out if you're going to drive etc, and alcohol plus ssris seems to affect people differently. For me it was that I got drunk very very quickly, completely out of my mind drunk after 4 pints So if you drink watch out for that, but go ahead and enjoy yourself. That reminds me...I have some beer in the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    I was pants at roundabouts to begin with, you just have too floor it when you see a space in the traffic and pray you didn't misjudge it :o:. Are you learning or did you manage to pass?
    I gave up learning. My parents have given up trying to get me to learn My driving instructor's changed her number

I was getting okay and then exams came up and my instructor went on holiday so I took some time off and then my depression got worse and I thought, '**** it, when the actual hell do I leave my room, let alone the village?' And the whole driving instructor's number no longer existing thing :dry:

I might lay off the alcohol now before I spam this thread to merry hell.

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling exactly. My mum always goes on and on how "of course you're depressed; you haven't combed your hair and you look a mess" as though wearing non-hoody+combats will make everything better. :rolleyes: but yeah don't worry about it, if you don't feel like dressing up don't because if you're anything like me you'd feel a right retard for it anyway which makes you feel worse.

Re: alcohol + ssris I think it might be discouraged generally because it's not entirely known how it will affect you. Like when you take new things they say to watch out if you're going to drive etc, and alcohol plus ssris seems to affect people differently. For me it was that I got drunk very very quickly, completely out of my mind drunk after 4 pints So if you drink watch out for that, but go ahead and enjoy yourself. That reminds me...I have some beer in the fridge.
    Oh my God, is your Mum my Mum? Do you get the "You're making yourself depressed by staying in bed all day" thing? As if it's not the depression doing that. Urgh. She's given up on getting me to make myself look presentable or change out of my 'uniform' though. She just points it out when it gets bad haha. And I change for work. And I totally didn't go to the psychiatrist's in my PJs :ninja:

Thanks, I seem to be reacting the same as I ever do: being a bit of a light weight :teehee: I do feel even more tired though, but that is normal for me :dontknow: Maybe I should drink more to find out? :teehee: Nah, I CBA. I'm not the biggest fan of alcohol most the time, but my parents happened to have stocked the few drinks I can actually stand. I swear they're trying to make me match them in their alcoholic-iness. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah I'm trying. My latest plan - since they stopped me running - is to lift weights at the gym several times a week then if they do try to **** with me more I'll **** with them Working pretty well so far.
    I go to the gym a lot, I struggle to go when depressed sadly, I have a 200kg deadlift though, dunno how you are in relation to that but if you need any tips PM me :p:.

I gave up learning. My parents have given up trying to get me to learn My driving instructor's changed her number

I was getting okay and then exams came up and my instructor went on holiday so I took some time off and then my depression got worse and I thought, '**** it, when the actual hell do I leave my room, let alone the village?' And the whole driving instructor's number no longer existing thing :dry:

I might lay off the alcohol now before I spam this thread to merry hell.
    Too be fair driving is something you will find hard to forget :p:. So you will get back to the stage you were at quickly if/when you decide to try again! Its a frustrating thing, I kept going backwards at one point, I started trying too use my left foot for the brake and clutch :facepalm2:. Ahh the memories. But yes this has nothing to do with depression haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, is your Mum my Mum? Do you get the "You're making yourself depressed by staying in bed all day" thing? As if it's not the depression doing that. Urgh. She's given up on getting me to make myself look presentable or change out of my 'uniform' though. She just points it out when it gets bad haha. And I change for work. And I totally didn't go to the psychiatrist's in my PJs :ninja:

Thanks, I seem to be reacting the same as I ever do: being a bit of a light weight :teehee: I do feel even more tired though, but that is normal for me :dontknow: Maybe I should drink more to find out? :teehee: Nah, I CBA. I'm not the biggest fan of alcohol most the time, but my parents happened to have stocked the few drinks I can actually stand. I swear they're trying to make me match them in their alcoholic-iness. :woo:
    haha you went to your psychiatrist in your PJs? :mmm: hope you didn't try to go to tesco in them. Yeah I used to get the staying in bed makes you depressed thing too, even had her have a go at my music once - apparently rock music is depressing and I should listen to more "happy music" (like pop? ).

I think I had more tiredness along with the being incredibly drunk thing, if you're not doing anything tomorrow you could find out, good way of getting to sleep I always find (though probably not particularly healthy...).

I go to the gym a lot, I struggle to go when depressed sadly, I have a 200kg deadlift though, dunno how you are in relation to that but if you need any tips PM me :p:.
    Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind if I come across any problems. I'm nowhere near that, quite pathetic atm actually I don't generally manage to go to the gym much when I'm feeling **** either but right now I have motivation plus I have a friend going with me so that makes it so much easier. You could try seeing if you can get someone to go with you if it makes it easier? (sounds a little childish I know but good for motivation etc)

R.E.: The weight thing-you probably are already too slim to lose any more weight from a healthy diet so I'm sure you're fien as you are, just keep your focus on a healthy lifestyle and exercise and I'm sure eventually you will reach your ideal weight, But seriously sure you're fien from what you have said here and from your fitness blog.
    I know about the cba to be presented well, I either wear : jeans, a white and black dress I have or a flowery skirt and a strap top. That and our clothes room is ****** and I can't get anything else :yawn: I won't be buying anything new until till I lose 3 stone so :woo: :p:
    x
    Maybe seeing another doctor about your ears will help? If you feel like this doctor is corrupted somehow, you are entitled to ask for a second opinion.

(Original post by Idiot.Finder)
    x
    I neeed tips on weight lifting :sigh: I need an induction at the gym first though but I am interested in free weights and training twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    Will PM you.

Mum is pissing me right off, having a go at me for lying in bed when she kept me up until 6am snoring the fat cow. Now telling me to wash the cars, FFS i wish she would tell me this crap in advance, like I know I do the hoovering on Friday and so I do it as I make time for it, I am fed up of her moaning, she is going to make me snap soon and screw her when she does. I don't agree or accept what murderers do, but honestly I can understand how some of them just loose there head with some of the retards in this world.

Will PM you.

Mum is pissing me right off, having a go at me for lying in bed when she kept me up until 6am snoring the fat cow. Now telling me to wash the cars, FFS i wish she would tell me this crap in advance, like I know I do the hoovering on Friday and so I do it as I make time for it, I am fed up of her moaning, she is going to make me snap soon and screw her when she does. I don't agree or accept what murderers do, but honestly I can understand how some of them just loose there head with some of the retards in this world.
    :ditto: guh some people are soooo infuritating. At least 75-80% of the population....on a good day.

ReputationRep:
    Too be fair driving is something you will find hard to forget :p:. So you will get back to the stage you were at quickly if/when you decide to try again! Its a frustrating thing, I kept going backwards at one point, I started trying too use my left foot for the brake and clutch :facepalm2:. Ahh the memories. But yes this has nothing to do with depression haha.
    Yeah, I guess. I do want to be able to drive, but I get panicky just being a passenger at the moment so I should probably wait until I'm less anxious.

haha you went to your psychiatrist in your PJs? :mmm: hope you didn't try to go to tesco in them. Yeah I used to get the staying in bed makes you depressed thing too, even had her have a go at my music once - apparently rock music is depressing and I should listen to more "happy music" (like pop? ).

I think I had more tiredness along with the being incredibly drunk thing, if you're not doing anything tomorrow you could find out, good way of getting to sleep I always find (though probably not particularly healthy...).
    Haha, maybe. Though my PJs are a pair of Topshop tracksuit bottoms and any top I can find. Oh well, I couldn't be bothered. I still can't.

I am waiting for my parents to say that my love of Evanescence has caused all of my problems... So far nothing, but I am waiting. Also, **** like Hannah Montana makes me want to kill myself far more than any rock music. It's just too happy.

I got 10 hours sleep And was asleep within an hour of getting into bed. :woo: I'm still tired but it definitely worked :yep:

(Original post by sauce)
    R.E.: The weight thing-you probably are already too slim to lose any more weight from a healthy diet so I'm sure you're fien as you are, just keep your focus on a healthy lifestyle and exercise and I'm sure eventually you will reach your ideal weight, But seriously sure you're fien from what you have said here and from your fitness blog.
    I know about the cba to be presented well, I either wear : jeans, a white and black dress I have or a flowery skirt and a strap top. That and our clothes room is ****** and I can't get anything else :yawn: I won't be buying anything new until till I lose 3 stone so :woo: :p:
    I'm not too slim at all but I know I probably shouldn't attempt to or I'll go overboard. I do need to do exercise though - I haven't since I started the antidepressants. :erm: What I don't get is that most days I'm barely eating and yet my weight is staying the same. It's not that I'm doing it on purpose, I just really don't understand that. Oh well, I was having a bad day yesterday with all of that :yep:

:hugs: 3 stones is a lot of weight, are you sure you need to lose that much? I thought you said you were only a stone overweight?

Yeah, I guess. I do want to be able to drive, but I get panicky just being a passenger at the moment so I should probably wait until I'm less anxious.

Haha, maybe. Though my PJs are a pair of Topshop tracksuit bottoms and any top I can find. Oh well, I couldn't be bothered. I still can't.

I am waiting for my parents to say that my love of Evanescence has caused all of my problems... So far nothing, but I am waiting. Also, **** like Hannah Montana makes me want to kill myself far more than any rock music. It's just too happy.

I got 10 hours sleep And was asleep within an hour of getting into bed. :woo: I'm still tired but it definitely worked :yep:

I'm not too slim at all but I know I probably shouldn't attempt to or I'll go overboard. I do need to do exercise though - I haven't since I started the antidepressants. :erm: What I don't get is that most days I'm barely eating and yet my weight is staying the same. It's not that I'm doing it on purpose, I just really don't understand that. Oh well, I was having a bad day yesterday with all of that :yep:

:hugs: 3 stones is a lot of weight, are you sure you need to lose that much? I thought you said you were only a stone overweight?
    By BMI standards i am a stone overweight but even if I lost 3 stone I'd still be well into healthy BMI that would put me at 8 stone, 7stone2 is the lowest I can be and still have a healthy bmi. I will stop before 8 stone if I start looking a bit too thin but if I still am not happy at 8 stone on the other hand I will lost more but not go below 7 stone. I naturally have big boobs though and I always used that as an excuse for being overweight: err nah I'm just a fatso :p:

Eating so little can actually mean you dont lose anything at all which I'm sure you're aware of, if you just make healthier choices and eat when your body needs it then you will feel better and it will imrpove your life tenfold, maybe even help sleeping. AS will exercise :coma: when I run and swim in the day I sleep like a baby at night :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    By BMI standards i am a stone overweight but even if I lost 3 stone I'd still be well into healthy BMI that would put me at 8 stone, 7stone2 is the lowest I can be and still have a healthy bmi. I will stop before 8 stone if I start looking a bit too thin but if I still am not happy at 8 stone on the other hand I will lost more but not go below 7 stone. I naturally have big boobs though and I always used that as an excuse for being overweight: err nah I'm just a fatso :p:

Eating so little can actually mean you dont lose anything at all which I'm sure you're aware of, if you just make healthier choices and eat when your body needs it then you will feel better and it will imrpove your life tenfold, maybe even help sleeping. AS will exercise :coma: when I run and swim in the day I sleep like a baby at night :moon:
    :hugs: Just be careful - you have a history of EDNOS, didn't you say? If so then the losing weight could end up triggering you, which is the last thing you need.

Yeah, I know. I'm just amazed that my body's still managing to stay dead on the weight I am. Yeah, I know. I have a slightly poor diet at the moment (calories aside, I don't exactly get a varied diet probably because of the lack of appetite). I love exercise but I'm always so tired nowadays. It's stupid because exercise could help me sleep and stop me feeling so tired :facepalm: Oh well. I could just sleep all day :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)

BMI is crap, I was apparently over weight when I had veins on my chest and a six pack, it does not take into account your bone or muscle structure.

Work out your body fat percentage, a far better way of judging where you are.

I will go now before I turn this into a fitness thread :p:.

BMI is crap, I was apparently over weight when I had veins on my chest and a six pack, it does not take into account your bone or muscle structure.

Work out your body fat percentage, a far better way of judging where you are.

I will go now before I turn this into a fitness thread :p:.
    I only have bf% measuring scales and they said I was 22.6% to start with and 20.9% now which is ********, have they not seen how much I whibble? Girls with 22% apparently have abs :ahee:. The difference may be a good indication though that I'm dropping body fat although I've only lost 6lbs in a month :hmpf: :p:
    /fitness
    :hugs: Just be careful - you have a history of EDNOS, didn't you say? If so then the losing weight could end up triggering you, which is the last thing you need.

Yeah, I know. I'm just amazed that my body's still managing to stay dead on the weight I am. Yeah, I know. I have a slightly poor diet at the moment (calories aside, I don't exactly get a varied diet probably because of the lack of appetite). I love exercise but I'm always so tired nowadays. It's stupid because exercise could help me sleep and stop me feeling so tired :facepalm: Oh well. I could just sleep all day :teehee:
    I did but It's either all or nothing with me! I am trying to get a good balance now :shh: today is my day off being healthy :p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.