Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: My point is that things are going to improve for you and you will regret it. The best thing to do IMO is stay passive with all big decisions - don't make changes (unless of course it's something new) and you're unlikely to regret it once you're better. Depression doesn't have to be forever, you can get better and most people do. You've only just started treatment haven't you? It's going to take a good few weeks for things to start working, but they will and when they do you don't want to be in a worse situation with this. If it's close to gone then it's not going to be too long before you don't have to have the chemo, right?

Sorry if I'm bombarding you, it's just I've known loads of people die from cancer and it is not a pretty or easy way to go. :console:
    It just all seems worthless, going through constant sickness to try prevent something I don't want to. Chemo is hard enough when you want it to work but when you don't care it really becomes hell. If I feel better in a few weeks I can re-start it, it won't kill me a few weeks.. its not that agressive.

(Original post by sauce)
    I worked really hard in martial arts and stopped going for a break, however i see other people that are no way my level being promoted above me in terms of belts. Seriously, even with my 2 month break theya re nowhere near my level/spirit/attendance. **** it all.
    I had the same issues nearly when I was doing it. Have you tried maybe looking at other places?

I just don't have any appetite or energy to eat at the moment. The shakes are on top of what I've been eating, so it's another few hundred calories. I am at the turning point where I could relapse because of the weight I've lost in such a short time but if I up the kcals, I should be fine. So I am trying to get more, I'm not just living on the shakes!

Also, I've noticed that I'm not even drinking enough :erm: I need to sort this out :yep: But all I want to do right now is go to sleep, not eat :sad:
    Perhaps you could drink some sugary drinks or stuff like milk to up your calories further? Thats if you can deal with it :hugs: I can relate to the no appetite or energy thing but as you know relapsing is ******* awful. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as I overeat and literally feel like my stomach will burst sometimes but I have been there with the undereating too and the constant paranoria, guilt and fainting is not fun!
    Soups are good when you have no appetite too :yep: Treat yourself to stuff which will encourage you to eat

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    It just all seems worthless, going through constant sickness to try prevent something I don't want to. Chemo is hard enough when you want it to work but when you don't care it really becomes hell. If I feel better in a few weeks I can re-start it, it won't kill me a few weeks.. its not that agressive.

I had the same issues nearly when I was doing it. Have you tried maybe looking at other places?
    I really hope you decide to continue, as it is a pretyt huge decision and it can't be undone. RE Martial arts, I love(d) how the art was taught and the way classes were but everything has changed, been centered around money and its all ******* policits, corruption and who you know that gets you further. :rolleyes: OH may be starting his own club though so woo.

ReputationRep:
    You'll still have to go through the sickness again. It's honestly most likely better if you just continue with it, no matter how **** it is right now. Does whoever's sorting out your chemo etc know about your depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Perhaps you could drink some sugary drinks or stuff like milk to up your calories further? Thats if you can deal with it :hugs: I can relate to the no appetite or energy thing but as you know relapsing is ******* awful. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as I overeat and literally feel like my stomach will burst sometimes but I have been there with the undereating too and the constant paranoria, guilt and fainting is not fun!
    Soups are good when you have no appetite too :yep: Treat yourself to stuff which will encourage you to eat
    The shakes are made with milk :dontknow: The only 'sugary' drinks we have in the house right now are all diet :facepalm: I'm fine with upping the calories, as long as it's not an effort. Some days just chewing makes my jaw ache so much that I give up after a few mouthfuls, which isn't great.

:hugs: None of it is fun, but it is a lot of fun once you're better :yep:

I'm not sure if there's anything that will encourage me to eat at the moment, even chocolate is unappealing which has never happened before! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I really hope you decide to continue, as it is a pretyt huge decision and it can't be undone. RE Martial arts, I love(d) how the art was taught and the way classes were but everything has changed, been centered around money and its all ******* policits, corruption and who you know that gets you further. :rolleyes: OH may be starting his own club though so woo.
    Where I went was like that.

It took me from 8-15 to get to black belt. Then it became about money and he was making people black belt in like 3-4 years, and it shouldn't be like that. Definatly try a new place if your unhappy, I did not and ended up losing all motivation.

You'll still have to go through the sickness again. It's honestly most likely better if you just continue with it, no matter how **** it is right now. Does whoever's sorting out your chemo etc know about your depression?
    I left a message saying I won't be coming to my appointment on Friday as I am not continuing, and he rang up and talked to my mum saying he wants to see me, who I had not told. I swear he can't do that without my permission, I am going to go mental at him, if I bother to turn up.

The shakes are made with milk :dontknow: The only 'sugary' drinks we have in the house right now are all diet :facepalm: I'm fine with upping the calories, as long as it's not an effort. Some days just chewing makes my jaw ache so much that I give up after a few mouthfuls, which isn't great.

:hugs: None of it is fun, but it is a lot of fun once you're better :yep:

I'm not sure if there's anything that will encourage me to eat at the moment, even chocolate is unappealing which has never happened before! :p:
    Yeah on monday food was so unappealing it was slipping out of my mouth :p: :facepalm:
    Could you not buy some? A walk and getting out of the house would probably help too :yep:
    I find exercise can help too to increase appetite as your body NEEDS it.
    After running and swimming today i was ravenous!

Where I went was like that.

It took me from 8-15 to get to black belt. Then it became about money and he was making people black belt in like 3-4 years, and it shouldn't be like that. Definatly try a new place if your unhappy, I did not and ended up losing all motivation.

I left a message saying I won't be coming to my appointment on Friday as I am not continuing, and he rang up and talked to my mum saying he wants to see me, who I had not told. I swear he can't do that without my permission, I am going to go mental at him, if I bother to turn up.
    How old are you out of interest? :dontknow: I think he can contact your mum unfortunately, if your life could be at risk. HOwever i think its a bit of a grey area :rolleyes:
    Yeah, one of the instrucors daughters who graded just after me(and theres no way shes ready for that belt anyway) has now graded again so she is now a SENIOR belt. If I do ever go back and work with her I'm never going to help her with any techniques or awnser any questions adn just reply with " You're a senior, you tell me "
    And when she starts "hurting" herself which she does every ******* lesson and starts crying I will just complete ignore her and show no sign of sympathy. She's only 13 I don't actually care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    How old are you out of interest? :dontknow: I think he can contact your mum unfortunately, if your life could be at risk. HOwever i think its a bit of a grey area :rolleyes:
    Yeah, one of the instrucors daughters who graded just after me(and theres no way shes ready for that belt anyway) has now graded again so she is now a SENIOR belt. If I do ever go back and work with her I'm never going to help her with any techniques or awnser any questions adn just reply with " You're a senior, you tell me "
    And when she starts "hurting" herself which she does every ******* lesson and starts crying I will just complete ignore her and show no sign of sympathy. She's only 13 I don't actually care.
    18 in 28 days, Yes I am counting :o:. I swear when your over 16 that they can't inform your parents unless you give permission? All he has done is make sure I am a prat to him, I would rather him just ask me to come and I can explain my reasons, then he can do what he wants.

It damn annoyed me when I had to be with people younger, I know I was only 15 but I could hold my own against the adults. You can't actually do anything incase you hurt them.

ReputationRep:
    Given that you're 17, I think he can do that. He's only looking out for your best interests though :console:

Also, if you've given permission they can - in my first meeting with my psychiatrist I had to sign forms saying who I didn't mind him sharing information with, are you sure you haven't done anything similar?

(Original post by sauce)
    Yeah on monday food was so unappealing it was slipping out of my mouth :p: :facepalm:
    Could you not buy some? A walk and getting out of the house would probably help too :yep:
    I find exercise can help too to increase appetite as your body NEEDS it.
    After running and swimming today i was ravenous!
    It would be a very long walk to the nearest shop :sad: I hate living in practically the middle of nowhere.

I have been doing exercise, but it doesn't seem to help much. I'm going to start couch to 5k tomorrow (I meant to start today but overslept) so maybe running will make me more hungry than cycling? Who knows. :dontknow:

18 in 28 days, Yes I am counting :o:. I swear when your over 16 that they can't inform your parents unless you give permission? All he has done is make sure I am a prat to him, I would rather him just ask me to come and I can explain my reasons, then he can do what he wants.

It damn annoyed me when I had to be with people younger, I know I was only 15 but I could hold my own against the adults. You can't actually do anything incase you hurt them.
    I never hurt her but would comfort her when she was upset, **** that now, she's apparently senior to me so :upyours:

Given that you're 17, I think he can do that. He's only looking out for your best interests though :console:

Also, if you've given permission they can - in my first meeting with my psychiatrist I had to sign forms saying who I didn't mind him sharing information with, are you sure you haven't done anything similar?

It would be a very long walk to the nearest shop :sad: I hate living in practically the middle of nowhere.

I have been doing exercise, but it doesn't seem to help much. I'm going to start couch to 5k tomorrow (I meant to start today but overslept) so maybe running will make me more hungry than cycling? Who knows. :dontknow:
    I run 5k 5 x a week it is exhausting :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I run 5k 5 x a week it is exhausting :nothing:
    I bet it is! I probably won't end up running that often but I do actually enjoying running so I figured I should start it again but I'm as unfit as a really unfit person :sigh:

I bet it is! I probably won't end up running that often but I do actually enjoying running so I figured I should start it again but I'm as unfit as a really unfit person :sigh:
    I'm trying to up my swimming as well, today I will of run 5 x and swum thrice :beard: i may cycle into town on friday too. need to pay another freaking bill!

ReputationRep:

I would never sign anything that says my mum can find out anything. Well congrats to him if he can, i'm not speaking to him anymore.

Sorry I will stop going on now. Have you tried food like porridge? It is easy to get down yet contains calories and is good for you.

I would never sign anything that says my mum can find out anything. Well congrats to him if he can, i'm not speaking to him anymore.

Sorry I will stop going on now. Have you tried food like porridge? It is easy to get down yet contains calories and is good for you.
    Know this isnt at me but I hate porridge! I know its one of the best breakfasts but I cant stand the texture/taste :yucky: :nothing:
    I usually have shredded wheat, well its what I have at the mo :yep:
    or a slice of wholemeal bread with an piece of fruit or something, tasteh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Know this isnt at me but I hate porridge! I know its one of the best breakfasts but I cant stand the texture/taste :yucky: :nothing:
    I usually have shredded wheat, well its what I have at the mo :yep:
    or a slice of wholemeal bread with an piece of fruit or something, tasteh
    I put chocolate powder in my porridge :sexface:

But I agree, the texture is not nice.

ReputationRep:

I think there are certain clauses such as if you're hugely at risk they can tell anyway. I can't remember, but someone on here no doubt will know :yep:

:hugs: I stand by everything I've said, because you are not going to feel like this forever, your treatment will work. :hmmm:

Yeah, I have some Ready Brek :awesome: which I do eat sometimes but last time I had it it reminded me of sick so I haven't eaten any since :erm:

I put chocolate powder in my porridge :sexface:

But I agree, the texture is not nice.
    Nesquik :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I am hungry now:gah: :sogood:

Nuts are also good, a handful contains loads of nutrients and there not exactly low on calories.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.