Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I am hungry now:gah: :sogood:

Nuts are also good, a handful contains loads of nutrients and there not exactly low on calories.
    CASHEWS :coma: :coma: :coma: :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, for once I have the energy to eat and there's somebody in my kitchen crying so I can't go in and get anything. :sad: I might just go to sleep :yawn: You'd think, given how tired I've been recently, that I'd find it easy to fall asleep but no, I only just managed 5 hours last night. :dry: A step up from 3 though :yep:

And Idiot-Finder, please tell me you've managed to get some sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Urgh, for once I have the energy to eat and there's somebody in my kitchen crying so I can't go in and get anything. :sad: I might just go to sleep :yawn: You'd think, given how tired I've been recently, that I'd find it easy to fall asleep but no, I only just managed 5 hours last night. :dry: A step up from 3 though :yep:

And Idiot-Finder, please tell me you've managed to get some sleep!
    Go to sleep if you feel tired and have something larger in the morning?

And I got a couple of hours, but now I am buzzing in my head, so no sleep tonight :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:.

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep if you feel tired and have something larger in the morning?

And I got a couple of hours, but now I am buzzing in my head, so no sleep tonight :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:.
    But I'm actually hungry for the first time in days :sad: I can't sleep when I'm hungry.

Haha, well some is better than none I guess?

But I'm actually hungry for the first time in days :sad: I can't sleep when I'm hungry.

Haha, well some is better than none I guess?
    Has the crying person gone yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true.

Is there anything you could run in, pick up and come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Has the crying person gone yet?
    :no: There are people in there talking to her too. I just walked in and she ended up giving me a hug. :erm: I'm not good around crying people at the moment because I'm likely to burst into tears! :p:

Yeah true.

Is there anything you could run in, pick up and come out?
    That's what I just did. Thankfully as there's a party going on there is some food to just pick up, but I'd rather have more time to chose things etc. I'm going to have to go back down in a few minutes because I didn't get much :sad:

---

I am so tired now, I'd better be able to sleep tonight. :dry:

Does anyone know if when you take fluoxetine affects sleep/energy during the day? I was recommended to change to taking citalopram at night to help with some sleep thing (I think not being able to sleep) so would changing from the morning make any difference?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh so angry tonight. My parents are so un-supportive it's unreal

ReputationRep:
    What are they being un-supportive about?

ReputationRep:
    What are they being un-supportive about?

Whenever I pluck up the courage to talk to them, they always persist with the same replies: just toughen up and get on with life. As a result I keep everything bottled up for ages, and everything just escalates.

With regards to your previous posts about stopping chemo, I really wouldn't make a decision like that so quickly. As everyone has said, depression doesn't have to be forever, and you will regret that decision in years to come. It's really great news that your tumor is nearly gone by the way, although, I imagine, chemo can be pretty draining at times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Whenever I pluck up the courage to talk to them, they always persist with the same replies: just toughen up and get on with life. As a result I keep everything bottled up for ages, and everything just escalates.

With regards to your previous posts about stopping chemo, I really wouldn't make a decision like that so quickly. As everyone has said, depression doesn't have to be forever, and you will regret that decision in years to come. It's really great news that your tumor is nearly gone by the way, although, I imagine, chemo can be pretty draining at times?
    Anyone else you can talk to instead of them? It is probably hard for them to accept.

Yeah it can be, I just don't care now, I wish I had the nerve to jump or something.. but I am so pathetic that even doing the thing which is apparently cowardly I fail at .

**** this all.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Whats up?

:hugs:

Whats up?
    Just another of my amazing mood swings :yeah: i'm pretty content now. I'm insane.
    Hows you this evening? Sleep recently :p:?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if when you take fluoxetine affects sleep/energy during the day? I was recommended to change to taking citalopram at night to help with some sleep thing (I think not being able to sleep) so would changing from the morning make any difference?
    It might make a difference - can't hurt to try.

Yeah it can be, I just don't care now, I wish I had the nerve to jump or something.. but I am so pathetic that even doing the thing which is apparently cowardly I fail at .
    The kind of people who say suicide is cowardly are generally complete morons. It's a pretty damn hard thing to do and goes against all natural survival instincts - the Japanese certainly don't view it as cowardly. (I'm certainly not saying you should do it though). And as for the chemo...I do agree with the other people here, when you're feeling **** it's harder to make decisions and although yeah I can see where you're coming from that you think it's the right decision there is quite a big chance (looking at depression statistics) that you will feel better at some point in the future.

ReputationRep:
    **** this **** :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Just another of my amazing mood swings :yeah: i'm pretty content now. I'm insane.
    Hows you this evening? Sleep recently :p:?
    Haha, glad to hear its reversed :p:.

I'm not too bad, better than recently, mum is spazzing at me though, oh well, i'm in a good enough mood to put up with it .

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    **** this **** :cry:
    :hugs: Why are you upset?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Why are you upset?
    I dunno. Argh. Felt so good earlier...

I'm meant to be going out tomorrow night but I've given up drinking for a bit (see posts from a few weeks ago) and I never seem to have a good time when I'm sober. I can't seem to say anything right - I have one friend who's annoyed at me for a reason that she won't tell me and another who's pissed off with me as I don't understand why he won't just acknowledge that in September things are going to be different when people scatter for uni :rolleyes: Small fry I know compared to what other people have to deal with but it's just a drain trying to keep up with everything. I have no desire to work ever again and I am so close to telling work where to stick their job it's stupid. But I can't afford to not work!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else you can talk to instead of them? It is probably hard for them to accept.

I find it hard to talk to people about it, so I don't really like to involve others. Also, sometimes it's frowned upon being a medical student and suffering with depression (not capable of dealing with patients, and the stress of learning the subject), even though doctors and nurses have the highest rate of depression! You don't fail at everything, your just going through a bad patch at the moment, one which will get better with time.

ReputationRep:
    FaceBook has just kindly informed me that it's my friend's birthday today. The friend I buried on Monday. Ta FaceBook.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.