Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I know I need the money... so should stick at my job... but the build up to going in just crushes me. When I'm there, it's ok because 99% of the time I get along with at least one other person who's in, and I'm busy, but the thought of going makes me feel sick.

I made cakes for my friends birthday this morning and loaded the dishwasher as much as I could, went and had a shower and when I got back down she was home and shouting at me for - not taking the washing out, not putting the dishwasher on yet, not cleaning the bath out, having a messy room, never being home and not talking to her properly. And then she had a go at me because I didn't get a chance to wash the bath out before I left for the funeral on Monday morning. She threw my slippers across the room 'as they'd been sat there for days' and when I pointed out that was just making more mess she shouted at me about how it's always my crap. Not fair.

I DON'T SODDING WANT TO GO OUT. I want to hide under my duvet and cry. :nothing:
    Sounds pretty pathetic, maybe you should explain you never talk to her properly cus she always grinds on you?Will be hard to say but it may help you feel a bit better for getting it out. I mean the things you have done aren't bad at all, at worst "minor" offences at least you make the effort!
    The bath thing on monday is just out of order.
    Maybe you shouldnt go out if you're feeling this bad hun :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I DON'T SODDING WANT TO GO OUT. I want to hide under my duvet and cry. :nothing:
    I really don't think you should go out then. There's a lot of things that you probably dont have much choice about while you're living at home etc, but this is up to you.

Why don't you stay in and do something just for yourself. It sounds like you spend a lot of time doing the 'right' things- like your job. I think you need to try to do things that you could enjoy. I know you've probably enjoyed clubbing before but if you're not in a good place to drink then it might not be the right thing for you right now.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. I'm very needy atm. I need people to reply to me instantly or I get all panicky that I've said something wrong - even if it's just a 'are you going to this tonight?' style text. I don't want to go out or leave my bed at all right now, I'm meant to be going round a friends for pre-drinks* and then clubbing tonight but the phrase 'can't be bothered' has never felt so apt. I don't want to go to work tomorrow and am seriously considering phoning in sick or handing my notice in. My heart just feels heavy and my Mum won't stop shouting at me for inane little things that I haven't done.

*I've given up drinking, so won't even partake in this...

Exercise has the same effect on me.
    :hugs: I know what you mean about the build up to work, I get that too but I think you just have to remind yourself that when you get there, it's all fine. Maybe have a routine for before you go to work (e.g. at X time you get changed, 5 minutes later do your hair or whatever etc), so that during that time that you'd be panicking, you have a sort of safety net of a routine? :console:

Have you tried talking to your mother about the fact that she's not helping things?

If you're not feeling up to going out, then don't, chances are you won't have that great a time if you're not feeling up to it now. :jumphug: If you want an excuse, I find illness/migraines tend to work

---

I've just eaten the biggest meal I have in days and feel so full now. But at least I managed a normal-sized meal! :woo: I'm going to try and get an early night now, try and get into a more sane routine. :yep:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: I know what you mean about the build up to work, I get that too but I think you just have to remind yourself that when you get there, it's all fine. Maybe have a routine for before you go to work (e.g. at X time you get changed, 5 minutes later do your hair or whatever etc), so that during that time that you'd be panicking, you have a sort of safety net of a routine? :console:

Have you tried talking to your mother about the fact that she's not helping things?

If you're not feeling up to going out, then don't, chances are you won't have that great a time if you're not feeling up to it now. :jumphug: If you want an excuse, I find illness/migraines tend to work

---

I've just eaten the biggest meal I have in days and feel so full now. But at least I managed a normal-sized meal! :woo: I'm going to try and get an early night now, try and get into a more sane routine. :yep:
    well done! i have eten too much today :dry: no wonder I am such a largo! I had a fairly small dinner though....now I'm getting hungry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    well done! i have eten too much today :dry: no wonder I am such a largo! I had a fairly small dinner though....now I'm getting hungry..
    Thanks. I've pretty much eaten enough today too, but only because of those shakes :facepalm:

:hugs: If you're hungry, you're hungry try not to focus on what you've eaten, it'll only feed any remnants of an eating disorder that may still be there.

Thanks. I've pretty much eaten enough today too, but only because of those shakes :facepalm:

:hugs: If you're hungry, you're hungry try not to focus on what you've eaten, it'll only feed any remnants of an eating disorder that may still be there.
    Thing is I am ACTUALLY overweight, i have a bmi of 27.5 and I need to lose weight, it's just boredom/nerves really and not actual need for food!
    My swims are improving too :yep: can't believe I was so silyl a few weeks ago and messed up2 weeks of weight loss by eating 400-500 cals max a day and running :facepalm: minds are silly things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Thing is I am ACTUALLY overweight, i have a bmi of 27.5 and I need to lose weight, it's just boredom/nerves really and not actual need for food!
    My swims are improving too :yep: can't believe I was so silyl a few weeks ago and messed up2 weeks of weight loss by eating 400-500 cals max a day and running :facepalm: minds are silly things.
    Please do not focus on BMI, BMI is useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    What Idiot-Finder said plus not eating much + exercise are terrible bed fellows and only make you feel like ****.

With the kcals thing you've mentioned, is does seem a bit like you might be relapsing, so be careful :hugs:

---

Sleep time. I hope. :erm: I'm planning on tricking myself into thinking it's 5am - it's about the same level of light outside right now and I'm gonna play nature sounds that remind me of the dawn chorus... I really hope this works. If not, sleeping pills had better.

What Idiot-Finder said plus not eating much + exercise are terrible bed fellows and only make you feel like ****.

With the kcals thing you've mentioned, is does seem a bit like you might be relapsing, so be careful :hugs:

---

Sleep time. I hope. :erm: I'm planning on tricking myself into thinking it's 5am - it's about the same level of light outside right now and I'm gonna play nature sounds that remind me of the dawn chorus... I really hope this works. If not, sleeping pills had better.
    I'm eating enough now, don't worry
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Please do not focus on BMI, BMI is useless.
    I am fat and bmi just confirms it. I see it in the mirror and I compare photos and I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    The counsellor just rang me earlier today, and I agreed to finally have my first appointment on Thursday. Feeling a little nervous about it :erm:. I have made so many rants and threads (including anonymous ones) on TSR linked to my depression, that I was thinking of printing some of them off to show to the counsellor, as I'm thinking I may find it a little easier than saying my problems out loud. Good idea, or dumb one? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I am fat and bmi just confirms it. I see it in the mirror and I compare photos and I hate it.
    BMI does not tell you if your fat or not, it does not take into account bone structure, muscle % through to things such as breast size. Whoever made it to decide if people are fat or not should be shot at dawn because they have made thousand of people think there fat when they are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    The counsellor just rang me earlier today, and I agreed to finally have my first appointment on Thursday. Feeling a little nervous about it :erm:. I have made so many rants and threads (including anonymous ones) on TSR linked to my depression, that I was thinking of printing some of them off to show to the counsellor, as I'm thinking I may find it a little easier than saying my problems out loud. Good idea, or dumb one? :hmmmm:
    Good idea :yy:

That's what I did, except I forgot to uncensor my swearing in the post I printed which probably looked more than a little retarded. Anyway, it's a hell of a lot easier to just hand someone a bit of paper than try to explain everything and not forget stuff etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I'm eating enough now, don't worry

Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of meat and curves on you, I'm sure you look great. Being slim is overrated - trust me, I know.

If you really want to lose weight though, at least make sure you're being sensible about everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Good idea :yy:

That's what I did, except I forgot to uncensor my swearing in the post I printed which probably looked more than a little retarded. Anyway, it's a hell of a lot easier to just hand someone a bit of paper than try to explain everything and not forget stuff etc.
    OK, thanks . It's just, I think I saw someone suggest it somewhere on TSR once, and it came into my head again now so I thought I'd just ask here :yep:

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    BMI does not tell you if your fat or not, it does not take into account bone structure, muscle % through to things such as breast size. Whoever made it to decide if people are fat or not should be shot at dawn because they have made thousand of people think there fat when they are not.
    True, I may go to the doctors to discuss this :holmes: I am aimign to lose 3 stone at least really in the long run. I also want to gain a little muscle mass so I can get the "taut"and "toned" appearance.
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of meat and curves on you, I'm sure you look great. Being slim is overrated - trust me, I know.

If you really want to lose weight though, at least make sure you're being sensible about everything.
    don't worry I am :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    ARGH. I'm not asleep. I can't be bothered to try and sleep. Instead I will drink tea and eat cake and watch Buffy.

I typed that as if I'm shouting BTW, I'm angry at myself for not being asleep. :dry:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Sorry for not replying to your past few quotes, I'm not online much and my brain is mush so I make notes that I should reply and then get distracted by a siny light or something equally as retarded. But I did read what you have said :yep:

---

So... If fluoxetine's supposed to keep you awake and I took it an hour ago... Will I not be able to sleep? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Great. I can't have those shakes any more because it turns out that they make me feel really quite ill. Bloody marvellous. :dry: Now I have to try and eat even more than I have been :sad: I just don't have the appetite - I've had a mouthful of cake and I'm full already!

I am so staying up all night drinking tea and watching TV shows, I am in too bad a mood to do anything else.

How is everyone? :hugs:

Feeling very tired :nothing: but unable to sleep :nothing: it is far too warm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Feeling very tired :nothing: but unable to sleep :nothing: it is far too warm.
    :hugs: Is there anything you can do that doesn't require energy but will stop you getting annoyed that you can't sleep? Like watching a DVD or something?

I know what you mean about too warm, it's so annoying! But I just opened my window and there was some weird slug/worm thing on my window sill so being the idiot I am, I refused to leave the window open. In case what? The 5cm thing attacks me in my sleep? FFS :facepalm: I'm still not opening the window.

:hugs: Is there anything you can do that doesn't require energy but will stop you getting annoyed that you can't sleep? Like watching a DVD or something?

I know what you mean about too warm, it's so annoying! But I just opened my window and there was some weird slug/worm thing on my window sill so being the idiot I am, I refused to leave the window open. In case what? The 5cm thing attacks me in my sleep? FFS :facepalm: I'm still not opening the window.
    I hate creepy crawleys I would of cowardly poked it with a long object or closed the window in panic :facepalm: lol
    I'm trying to watch mindless tv but I'm still worked up about the martial arts thing being the silly thing I am so....
    What you up to?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.