Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I hate creepy crawleys I would of cowardly poked it with a long object or closed the window in panic :facepalm: lol
    I'm trying to watch mindless tv but I'm still worked up about the martial arts thing being the silly thing I am so....
    What you up to?
    I'm not brave enough to poke it haha.

:hugs: I know this was ages ago for me, but something similar happened when I used to go to swimming classes (haha, so about 10 years ago!) - loads of people that were worse than me got put up whilst I stayed where I was for ages. In the end I quit. Don't do that - I never got back into swimming again and it still pisses me off! Have you tried having a quiet word with whoever's in charge of these things about why you haven't progressed/what you can do to do so? Without being confrontational, that's probably the best way to phrase it.

Trying to eat but I feel too sick :erm: I am about to watch mindless TV/The Gates/whatever else is in my Hulu queue in a minute, when I feel brave enough to open my window so I don't melt!

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I'm not brave enough to poke it haha.

:hugs: I know this was ages ago for me, but something similar happened when I used to go to swimming classes (haha, so about 10 years ago!) - loads of people that were worse than me got put up whilst I stayed where I was for ages. In the end I quit. Don't do that - I never got back into swimming again and it still pisses me off! Have you tried having a quiet word with whoever's in charge of these things about why you haven't progressed/what you can do to do so? Without being confrontational, that's probably the best way to phrase it.

Trying to eat but I feel too sick :erm: I am about to watch mindless TV/The Gates/whatever else is in my Hulu queue in a minute, when I feel brave enough to open my window so I don't melt!
    I seriously have subtly so many times :nothing: and I learn nothing at lessons now, so whenever I go I feel like I pay 6 pound to stand around for 2 hours being bored which, as fun as it is could better be spent down the gym!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I seriously have subtly so many times :nothing: and I learn nothing at lessons now, so whenever I go I feel like I pay 6 pound to stand around for 2 hours being bored which, as fun as it is could better be spent down the gym!
    Why not have a look for other classes then?

Why not have a look for other classes then?
    I have but everything I have tried has been soooo ****. /fussy

Gonna go off comp and attempt sleep, night y'all. :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I have but everything I have tried has been soooo ****. /fussy
    :hugs: There's bound to be one out there that you'll like though.

ReputationRep:
    Come to mine, I even teach sometimes when someone is away, which with 5 instructors, generally happens most weeks :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for not replying to your past few quotes, I'm not online much and my brain is mush so I make notes that I should reply and then get distracted by a siny light or something equally as retarded. But I did read what you have said :yep:

---

So... If fluoxetine's supposed to keep you awake and I took it an hour ago... Will I not be able to sleep? :teehee:
    No need to apologise (if I'm honest, I didn't really notice not entirely with it myself right now.....)

I think it's very much a case of different effects on different people - when I took fluoxetine the side effects were horrendous, and I was completely knackered all the time, I did little except sleep. So yes whilst it can keep some people awake, for others it makes them tired. Anyway, keep an open mind and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    No need to apologise (if I'm honest, I didn't really notice not entirely with it myself right now.....)

I think it's very much a case of different effects on different people - when I took fluoxetine the side effects were horrendous, and I was completely knackered all the time, I did little except sleep. So yes whilst it can keep some people awake, for others it makes them tired. Anyway, keep an open mind and see what happens.
    Well I just know that sometimes if you're feeling pretty **** anyway and it seems like someone's ignoring you, it doesn't help. I just wanted you to know that I'm not ignoring you - see replying to a quote as soon as I noticed it. That's a first for any quote in days haha.

Well I'm still very awake, so :erm: The only side effects I've had are possibly feeling tired and insomnia, but that could be the depression. :erm:

How are you anyway? You haven't posted much about yourself in a while.

---

Food time. Okay, so when I'm feeling ill I seem to eat a lot haha. Man, I'm so motivated right now. I'm also on the verge of tears. Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by your motivated but on the verge of tears? Sorry, lack of sleep makes my brain slow :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I just know that sometimes if you're feeling pretty **** anyway and it seems like someone's ignoring you, it doesn't help. I just wanted you to know that I'm not ignoring you - see replying to a quote as soon as I noticed it. That's a first for any quote in days haha.

Well I'm still very awake, so :erm: The only side effects I've had are possibly feeling tired and insomnia, but that could be the depression. :erm:

How are you anyway? You haven't posted much about yourself in a while.

---

Food time. Okay, so when I'm feeling ill I seem to eat a lot haha. Man, I'm so motivated right now. I'm also on the verge of tears. Go figure.
    Aw ok thanks

I dunno, if you're expecting not to be able to sleep then sometimes it makes it more likely to happen but yeah general tiredness does tend to be a pretty big part of depression I find.

I'm kind of ok, my ears still hurt like hell but I've been going to the gym everyday and trying to forget about everything which seems to be working a little. No idea what to do about uni next year so my plan is to not think about it at all and hopefully it will resolve itself :p:

Tears and motivated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    What do you mean by your motivated but on the verge of tears? Sorry, lack of sleep makes my brain slow :p:
    I'm motivated to do stuff, but I feel like ****.

Aw ok thanks

I dunno, if you're expecting not to be able to sleep then sometimes it makes it more likely to happen but yeah general tiredness does tend to be a pretty big part of depression I find.

I'm kind of ok, my ears still hurt like hell but I've been going to the gym everyday and trying to forget about everything which seems to be working a little. No idea what to do about uni next year so my plan is to not think about it at all and hopefully it will resolve itself :p:

Tears and motivated?
    True. I also think my fear of sleep is back - sleeping for 10 hours scares me, but 2 hours I'm okay with :erm:

:hugs: Have you thought about getting another doctor to take a look? That sounds like the sort of plan I'm following too :teehee:

---

Hmm, I seem to be eating my own weight in food and yet I still feel as if I've under-eaten (as in feeling dizzy etc). Fun. :nothing:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm no longer motivated to do anything :nothing: Oh, and if only there was a way to stop myself even being able to click on certain threads on this forum... I might feel a lot better about myself.

ReputationRep:
    What threads?

And are you sure your not ill if your sure you are eating enough? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What threads?

And are you sure your not ill if your sure you are eating enough? :hugs:
    Threads such as 'Would you be disgusted by a girl this thin?' Just makes my ED raise its ugly head is all.

I do feel sick right now, but I think that's just down to those milkshake things rather than having caught something, after all I haven't been around anyone.

Actually, last night someone did mention some bug going around that makes you feel dizzy etc - she had it... If she gave it to me, I am not venturing out of this house for... A while :o: Seriously, I can't have that crappy immune system! I blame the shakes :dry:

EDIT: and my Mum had something similar last week. Maybe it's that that's making me feel dizzy but I'm not that dizzy - my Mum literally couldn't walk in a straight line!

ReputationRep:
    Threads such as 'Would you be disgusted by a girl this thin?' Just makes my ED raise its ugly head is all.

I do feel sick right now, but I think that's just down to those milkshake things rather than having caught something, after all I haven't been around anyone.

Actually, last night someone did mention some bug going around that makes you feel dizzy etc - she had it... If she gave it to me, I am not venturing out of this house for... A while :o: Seriously, I can't have that crappy immune system! I blame the shakes :dry:
    :jumphug: I swear some of them are retarded just made by trolls.

You never know, just see if it gets better within a couple of days

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: I swear some of them are retarded just made by trolls.

You never know, just see if it gets better within a couple of days
    True haha.

Well if it is down to not eating enough, then it could carry on for as long as I don't have an appetite. I think the only reason I'm eating now is because of the sickness etc.

ReputationRep:
    True. I also think my fear of sleep is back - sleeping for 10 hours scares me, but 2 hours I'm okay with :erm:

:hugs: Have you thought about getting another doctor to take a look? That sounds like the sort of plan I'm following too :teehee:

---

Hmm, I seem to be eating my own weight in food and yet I still feel as if I've under-eaten (as in feeling dizzy etc). Fun. :nothing:
    I saw a doctor, and am taking what she told me to but no effect yet, not entirely sure about her but meh worth a try I guess.

If you've not eaten properly in a while wouldn't it take a while for your body to feel ok again? Although if it persists, anemia? maybe worth seeing a doctor.

I don't know what you should do about fear of sleeping. You need to sleep obviously and 2 hours isn't going to leave you feeling much good the next day, so maybe try not to think about sleeping just do it? When you go to bed don't lie worrying how you won't fall asleep or what your dreams will be about because 1) you're less likely to sleep and 2) the increased stress will probably mess up your dreams anyway. If you can't sleep after 30 mins maybe get up do something else, and try again later so you don't get frustrated with yourself.

ReputationRep:

EDIT: and my Mum had something similar last week. Maybe it's that that's making me feel dizzy but I'm not that dizzy - my Mum literally couldn't walk in a straight line!
    Oh, I saw that thread. Man, she sounds so painfully thin, seriously . I wouldn't worry too much about it, half the threads on this site seem pretty crazy anyway :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I saw a doctor, and am taking what she told me to but no effect yet, not entirely sure about her but meh worth a try I guess.

If you've not eaten properly in a while wouldn't it take a while for your body to feel ok again? Although if it persists, anemia? maybe worth seeing a doctor.

I don't know what you should do about fear of sleeping. You need to sleep obviously and 2 hours isn't going to leave you feeling much good the next day, so maybe try not to think about sleeping just do it? When you go to bed don't lie worrying how you won't fall asleep or what your dreams will be about because 1) you're less likely to sleep and 2) the increased stress will probably mess up your dreams anyway. If you can't sleep after 30 mins maybe get up do something else, and try again later so you don't get frustrated with yourself.
    What did you see the doctor for - head stuff or ears? (Sorry, my brain is mush at the moment!)

True, but normally I don't feel this **** when I do start eating more, God knows I've done this enough :sad:

I think I'm going to mention it to the person I'm doing talking therapy with and also my GP, I'm so fed up of it now. And yeah, I know, that's why I'm sitting here instead of trying to sleep - I did that yesterday and it was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Oh, I saw that thread. Man, she sounds so painfully thin, seriously . I wouldn't worry too much about it, half the threads on this site seem pretty crazy anyway :hugs:
    Yeah, and there's an anon thread about wanting to overcome anorexia from someone with the same stats :holmes:

I know, but... Because I've lost weight recently, my ED is more active (if that makes sense), so if I'm not careful I could relapse and threads like that make me feel awful about myself.

Possible ED trigger
    I've never told anyone before, but when I hear/read of people with anorexia that are the same height as me and got to a lower weight than me, not that I can even remember what I got to at my lowest, it makes me feel like I even failed at being anorexic, like all I've ever been is a fraud and a failure.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.