Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    What did you see the doctor for - head stuff or ears? (Sorry, my brain is mush at the moment!)

True, but normally I don't feel this **** when I do start eating more, God knows I've done this enough :sad:

I think I'm going to mention it to the person I'm doing talking therapy with and also my GP, I'm so fed up of it now. And yeah, I know, that's why I'm sitting here instead of trying to sleep - I did that yesterday and it was horrible.
    Ears. I don't think I'm going to ever see a doctor about head stuff again.

Hmm..I dunno, I normally have the opposite problem (:p: ), but maybe it's taking its toll on you? I don't mean to worry you or anything, like it could even be the fluoxetine as some antidepressants can make you feel a little dizzy. Try to keep up the eating and maybe see a doctor if it continues.

Yeah I think that's definitely a good idea to mention it to them, the GP might be able to help with pills or something and the talking therapy person can take a different approach so you get both which should help.

Was just reading that thread you mentioned, I can't believe the guys in there asking for pics :facepalm: what ******* morons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ears. I don't think I'm going to ever see a doctor about head stuff again.

Hmm..I dunno, I normally have the opposite problem (:p: ), but maybe it's taking its toll on you? I don't mean to worry you or anything, like it could even be the fluoxetine as some antidepressants can make you feel a little dizzy. Try to keep up the eating and maybe see a doctor if it continues.

Yeah I think that's definitely a good idea to mention it to them, the GP might be able to help with pills or something and the talking therapy person can take a different approach so you get both which should help.

Was just reading that thread you mentioned, I can't believe the guys in there asking for pics :facepalm: what ******* morons.
    :hugs: But this doctor took you seriously and tried to help right? Doesn't that prove that you can trust them with head stuff too?

I'm into my 3rd week now and this is the first time I've felt dizzy in that time :dontknow: I just walked downstairs to get some more food and I am not moving again, it makes me really dizzy :erm:

Well, as I haven't thought about suicide in about 2 weeks, maybe I could be trusted with sleeping pills... And yeah hopefully.

I know. Some people on TSR really do suck.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and there's an anon thread about wanting to overcome anorexia from someone with the same stats :holmes:

I know, but... Because I've lost weight recently, my ED is more active (if that makes sense), so if I'm not careful I could relapse and threads like that make me feel awful about myself.

Possible ED trigger
    I've never told anyone before, but when I hear/read of people with anorexia that are the same height as me and got to a lower weight than me, not that I can even remember what I got to at my lowest, it makes me feel like I even failed at being anorexic, like all I've ever been is a fraud and a failure.
    Well, I've never been anorexic, so I can't really comment from any experience. But hey, just try to be strong. It's no use comparing yourself to others, I've done that too many times and it just results in me getting depressed. I think you'd rather not have got to a really low weight like other people, cos you never know what serious damage you might have got if you did. And OK, I don't know loads about you or your life, but I wouldn't say you were a failure with all those amazing grades you've achieved at GCSE and AS. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Well, I've never been anorexic, so I can't really comment from any experience. But hey, just try to be strong. It's no use comparing yourself to others, I've done that too many times and it just results in me getting depressed. I think you'd rather not have got to a really low weight like other people, cos you never know what serious damage you might have got if you did. And OK, I don't know loads about you or your life, but I wouldn't say you were a failure with all those amazing grades you've achieved at GCSE and AS. :hugs:
    I know but... I just really hate myself at the moment. I've been disliking the way I look for about a year now. I know that cardio and weight lifting and eating normally will get me where I want, but every negative thought I have about myself is followed by an eating disordered one.

Thanks, but (and I don't want to sound stuck up/like a snob), but those grades were well below what I was predicted/could achieve. I just never ******* try hard enough, I never have the staying power or the will power and it's going to screw me over for life - every damn year I vow to be better, to try harder, to not be lazy. Every ******* year I get lazier.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Ahaha, one of those people was me, lol . I was just intrigued to know what she really looked like, cos I think it's easier to judge whether someone looks too skinny or not with something visual, rather than just told some measurements. Though, I dunno if she's a troll, I find it hard to tell sometimes :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: But this doctor took you seriously and tried to help right? Doesn't that prove that you can trust them with head stuff too?

I'm into my 3rd week now and this is the first time I've felt dizzy in that time :dontknow: I just walked downstairs to get some more food and I am not moving again, it makes me really dizzy :erm:

Well, as I haven't thought about suicide in about 2 weeks, maybe I could be trusted with sleeping pills... And yeah hopefully.

I know. Some people on TSR really do suck.
    I haven't taken that awful poison they forced me to take for over a year for a couple of months now and I'm still trying to get rid of the effects. Nothing they ever did helped it just made everything worse, so I see little point in continuing with them. I'm not even convinced the ear doctor was telling the truth, no lessening of pain yet and I'm not exactly optimistic about what she gave me working.

Are you getting enough exercise? I'm guessing not if you weren't really eating before.

A GP probably wouldn't give you more than 7 sleeping pills, and they'd be the lowest dose ones so tbh even if you did overdose on them I wouldn't think it would do any harm (I'm not saying you should of course!!). Or you could even ask for 4 at a time if you felt better about only having that many, I'm sure the doctor would understand.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Ahaha, one of those people was me, lol . I was just intrigued to know what she really looked like, cos I think it's easier to judge whether someone looks too skinny or not with something visual, rather than just told some measurements. Though, I dunno if she's a troll, I find it hard to tell sometimes :dontknow:
    Obviously yeah pics would help to establish how thin she is but I don't think that's why guys were asking. I meant more the ones which were clearly looking for fap material. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't taken that awful poison they forced me to take for over a year for a couple of months now and I'm still trying to get rid of the effects. Nothing they ever did helped it just made everything worse, so I see little point in continuing with them. I'm not even convinced the ear doctor was telling the truth, no lessening of pain yet and I'm not exactly optimistic about what she gave me working.

Are you getting enough exercise? I'm guessing not if you weren't really eating before.

A GP probably wouldn't give you more than 7 sleeping pills, and they'd be the lowest dose ones so tbh even if you did overdose on them I wouldn't think it would do any harm (I'm not saying you should of course!!). Or you could even ask for 4 at a time if you felt better about only having that many, I'm sure the doctor would understand.
    But what about other treatments? Surely there are other ways to treat it :hugs: At least she gave you something though and it might work, sometimes they just take time.

No, I barely exercise now because of anorexia getting in the bloody way. I'm so unfit it's unbelievable.

Okay, I might see them then, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I can already visualise it. :nothing: Oh the joys of having been underweight and having friends with the eating disorders. What ******* joy. :cry:

I don't think she is a troll based on other threads and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously yeah pics would help to establish how thin she is but I don't think that's why guys were asking. I meant more the ones which were clearly looking for fap material. :p:
    Haha, true that. Too many perves round here, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get this - why would anyone want to do that over someone so thin? It doesn't look good at all.

---

I'm pretty sure I'm relapsing with my ED now, I've been thinking for a few days that I might be - weighing myself daily, feeling disappointed when the scales don't read a lower measurement, feeling guilty about eating etc. I just can't be bothered, I hate who I am right now and what I look like and what I do, I hate it.

Okay, 2 weeks of good down the bloody drain.

ReputationRep:
    But what about other treatments? Surely there are other ways to treat it :hugs: At least she gave you something though and it might work, sometimes they just take time.

No, I barely exercise now because of anorexia getting in the bloody way. I'm so unfit it's unbelievable.

Okay, I might see them then, thanks.
    Tried most things. Pretty convinced nothing is going to help and I'm managing okish right now.

I wasn't suggesting that you should exercise, from what you've been saying here recently about not being able to eat much, exercising would probably be a bad idea, I mentioned it because not doing much can mess up blood pressure etc and that might be making you feel dizzy. I don't know though so mentioning it when you see your GP is probably the best bit. And don't worry about the being unfit, take one thing at a time.

I don't get this - why would anyone want to do that over someone so thin? It doesn't look good at all.

---

I'm pretty sure I'm relapsing with my ED now, I've been thinking for a few days that I might be - weighing myself daily, feeling disappointed when the scales don't read a lower measurement, feeling guilty about eating etc. I just can't be bothered, I hate who I am right now and what I look like and what I do, I hate it.

Okay, 2 weeks of good down the bloody drain.
    Because many guys are ******* morons.

And see a doctor. As soon as possible. It's good you've recognised you're slipping so if you tell your doctor soon hopefully he'll be able to help quicker and stop you feeling worse. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Tried most things. Pretty convinced nothing is going to help and I'm managing okish right now.

I wasn't suggesting that you should exercise, from what you've been saying here recently about not being able to eat much, exercising would probably be a bad idea, I mentioned it because not doing much can mess up blood pressure etc and that might be making you feel dizzy. I don't know though so mentioning it when you see your GP is probably the best bit. And don't worry about the being unfit, take one thing at a time.

Because many guys are ******* morons.

And see a doctor. As soon as possible. It's good you've recognised you're slipping so if you tell your doctor soon hopefully he'll be able to help quicker and stop you feeling worse. :hugs:
    :hugs: Are there talking therapies available? Sometimes that's a case of finding the right person.

Hmm, I'm just too lazy to carry on exercising when it starts hurting a little, which pretty much means no running. :nothing:

True. I had total men hate the other day, but that's probably something else entirely. I just happen to know too many guys that are dicks and the few guys that are nice are either way to feminine and piss me off with their neediness or have gender issues :erm: So basically, I know one nice guy at the moment that I can get along with :facepalm:

What's the point? It might be gone by tomorrow and it's not like it's anything serious right now.

ReputationRep:
    I can already visualise it. :nothing: Oh the joys of having been underweight and having friends with the eating disorders. What ******* joy. :cry:

I don't think she is a troll based on other threads and stuff.
    Oh alright, sorry. Yeah, I guess she does sound genuine, I was just pretty shocked by her measurements, that's all.

I'm actually tired right now. I should try to sleep soon, or at least turn off my computer, but I'm so darn addicted :facepalm2:. Within the next half hour, hopefully, I'll do that

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright, sorry. Yeah, I guess she does sound genuine, I was just pretty shocked by her measurements, that's all.

I'm actually tired right now. I should try to sleep soon, or at least turn off my computer, but I'm so darn addicted :facepalm2:. Within the next half hour, hopefully, I'll do that
    Don't apologise, I'm just ranting for no real reason. Worry, I guess. I haven't heard from 2 of those friends in months and the other has pretty obviously been relapsing. :sad:

:hugs: Good luck getting away from the computer, I have the same problem too :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Are there talking therapies available? Sometimes that's a case of finding the right person.

Hmm, I'm just too lazy to carry on exercising when it starts hurting a little, which pretty much means no running. :nothing:
    I'm ridiculously shy so talking takes ages to get anywhere. I don't really have anything to sort out with a talking person either I don't think...

So am I :p: Could you try things you enjoy doing? If there's a sport, or maybe swimming, cycling, etc yeah running is great but it's still boring, if you enjoy something you'll feel more motivated to do it and keep it up. But first I would say to see a doctor, and not worry about exercise so much.

ReputationRep:
    The guy on post #45 here probably would: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post26551814

Honestly, some people :facepalm2:. Though, he's the same guy to post some ignorant comment about depression in another thread, so I'm not too surprised. He's either a troll, or just a bit of a ********. Both of which, you find too many of on TSR :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm ridiculously shy so talking takes ages to get anywhere. I don't really have anything to sort out with a talking person either I don't think...

So am I :p: Could you try things you enjoy doing? If there's a sport, or maybe swimming, cycling, etc yeah running is great but it's still boring, if you enjoy something you'll feel more motivated to do it and keep it up. But first I would say to see a doctor, and not worry about exercise so much.
    I am too, but you can still get somewhere with it, maybe?

I want to be able to run though, it's kind of important to you know, in case of some really bad thing happening. I plan for the worst case :cool: It just hurts a lot more than other forms of cardio or weights.

ReputationRep:
    The guy on post #45 here probably would: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post26551814

Honestly, some people :facepalm2:. Though, he's the same guy to post some ignorant comment about depression in another thread, so I'm not too surprised. He's either a troll, or just a bit of a ********. Both of which, you find too many of on TSR :sigh:
    Haha, oh dear. Lots of people on TSR are ********s - they're geeks/trolls that don't get out much so have relatively little life experience. Then there are the nice people though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh dear. Lots of people on TSR are ********s - they're geeks/trolls that don't get out much so have relatively little life experience. Then there are the nice people though. :yep:
    OK, I got that last bit wrong, that was actually someone else. But I remember now that he actually also wrote in another weight related thread though, that a normal looking girl with a bit of curves was unhealthy and fat basically, and needed to look like the Pussycat Dolls to be healthy, and then loads of other people in the thread were arguing with him over it. But yeah, I guess you get the point anyway. I cannot believe the amount of idiots on this site, for a forum that geared towards academics as well :facepalm2:. But like you said, there's always the nice people as well, so it's worth coming here for them :yep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.