Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't sleep, I feel so lonely and weak right now. I wish I had someone to hold :cry:

Thanks Malsy, I appreciate the thought that went into your post. As much as I'm grateful to have Ryan, having a boyfriend doesn't stop me from being depressed. Unfortunately life doesn't work like that, but I am lucky to have him in my life. If only it worked like that...

(Original post by Immunity)
    :hugs:
    If you want to talk about anything I will be here for most of the night, have that feeling I won't be able to sleep much tonight, just got too much on my mind. You can scream, cry whatever you want. But please don't give up. I know how hard it is to keep fighting but please find the strength from somewhere.

how is everyone else?

I might do, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)

I might do, thanks.
    Hey Laus, hope you're ok. Are you still online? :hugs:

I am, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Thanks Malsy, I appreciate the thought that went into your post. As much as I'm grateful to have Ryan, having a boyfriend doesn't stop me from being depressed. Unfortunately life doesn't work like that, but I am lucky to have him in my life. If only it worked like that...

I know hun. :console: But he's a good thing that's all I was getting at. Just try to stay strong and do what's right for you. I hope you're better soon. uni's round the corner and I'm hoping you're happier when youre there.. we're all here for you. :hugs:

I hope so. I don't know. Thanks for being so kind :hugs:. How are you today?

ReputationRep:

I said this to someone earlier and I'll say it again; when we go through really horrendous ****, I think we tap into strength reserves we did not even realise we had. Humans are capable of getting through a lot and we're probably much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I don't feel strong, I feel like the weakest thing alive, but the fact that I'm still here and still attempting to fight (albeit with great difficult), must mean something. I believe the same applies to you, and everyone else in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well said Laus.

:console:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :console: hope you feel better Malsy.

ReputationRep:
    I feel so lonely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    I feel so lonely
    :hugs: I'm here if you want to talk at all. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)

I said this to someone earlier and I'll say it again; when we go through really horrendous ****, I think we tap into strength reserves we did not even realise we had. Humans are capable of getting through a lot and we're probably much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I don't feel strong, I feel like the weakest thing alive, but the fact that I'm still here and still attempting to fight (albeit with great difficult), must mean something. I believe the same applies to you, and everyone else in this thread.
    :sadnod:

Very true. I genuinely believe that I am an emotionally stronger, more mature and well-rounded person now than before I suffered from depression, although I'd gladly give all that up in a second if it meant I could erase the memories of how I've felt, and how others (supposedly my friends) have reacted towards me over the last three years.

When I applied to Harvard in 6th Form, one of the questions they asked was for you to provide evidence of your ability to overcome hardship. At the time I didn't have anything to put, but now I feel I could write a whole essay on the subject. So I suppose that's a positive way of mentioning depression on your CV.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I've never felt this bad ever. I don't know what to do.
    I wish I could say something to make you better.

Are you feeling any better today?

(Original post by jonathan122)
    I wish I could say something to make you better.

Are you feeling any better today?

No. What I told you in my PM came to a head on Monday. I went through the most demoralising experience, I have no idea how I did it, or why I didn't crack-up at the time. The outcome, however, was good... but the experience has set me back and has made me feel very depressed. Memories are hard to let go of, and it's so much simpler for outsiders to tell you to "move on", when they have no idea what it feels like.

I've also had some other things on my plate, which I can't really talk about in here. But I feel utterly miserable.

The good news is my mum has put on some weight. It's hard for cancer patients to put on weight, so this can only be a positive thing.

I hate that I felt as though I was getting better. It seems worse than before.

Thanks for asking. How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I feel so lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :nothing: I feel so ****.
    Oh and school are taking our photos next week. WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    :cry: I feel so lost
    :hugs: What's up?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.