Turn on thread page Beta

Depression Society MKIII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You could go to uni and whilst there do that university officer training corps thing. It'd give you an idea about the armed forces yet at the same time you'd be getting qualifications if you do change your mind. I think they're a little less strict with the entry requirements too though I've never done it so can't say exactly.
    I think they have the same requirements, you end up as the lowest officer rank after 1 year. And so I presume they will want the same requirements medically wise.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    They have apprenticeships too. There are loads of options that you can look at :hugs: When are you hoping to go to uni? If you're applying for entry for next year (I think that's what you said?) then why not apply anyway and if you get offers see if you're healthy enough to go nearer the time it starts. A year is a long time in which you could make loads of progress. :yep:
    This is part of the issue though, the fact I am going to have to wait around a year through my own faliure and living here means that I can't see me getting better. I need to escape and forget about my life so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    This is part of the issue though, the fact I am going to have to wait around a year through my own faliure and living here means that I can't see me getting better. I need to escape and forget about my life so far.
    Have you thought about moving out? But to be honest, where ever you live, you'll still be depressed. You don't have to be depressed forever, you're getting help now and things really should improve. The not being able to see yourself getting better is probably mostly down to the way depression makes you view things :hugs:

Escaping is not going to help, facing your demons head on, getting all the help you can to defeat them - that's what's going to help. That's what will help you get to uni/into the Navy/be successful and happy. :console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a weird mood, will reply when I am not rambling and have thought through some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a weird mood, will reply when I am not rambling and have thought through some stuff.
    :hugs: Feel free to PM me any rambling stuff if you want to :console:

ReputationRep:
    I think they have the same requirements, you end up as the lowest officer rank after 1 year. And so I presume they will want the same requirements medically wise.
    Oh ok. That sucks. Police?

I do agree with steffi though, moving out might seem like it's going to help, and yes maybe it will, but I don't think it's a definite. I moved so many times always thinking how much better it will be but it never was.

Ergh I'm feeling pretty awful, I'm constantly in pain and so snappy and horrible to everyone. I can't think properly, been trying to fix issues with my computer and it's just ARGH too much effort. I can't remember anything either, have a million tiny bits of paper all over the place each with something I'm supposed to remember on. Scared outside yet things aren't exactly great inside either so just kind of existing right now and don't see much point in why.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh I'm feeling pretty awful, I'm constantly in pain and so snappy and horrible to everyone. I can't think properly, been trying to fix issues with my computer and it's just ARGH too much effort. I can't remember anything either, have a million tiny bits of paper all over the place each with something I'm supposed to remember on. Scared outside yet things aren't exactly great inside either so just kind of existing right now and don't see much point in why.
    :hugs: Computers can be a pain in the arse even when you're feeling 100%, maybe try coming back to it after some sleep or something?

Have you tried having a diary or calendar or something? I have 2 on the wall in front of my desk - as soon as there's something I need to remember, it gets put on both (one is a year planner so I can see future months etc). That way I only forget the stuff that I never put on there, which I've stopped doing now :teehee:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Computers can be a pain in the arse even when you're feeling 100%, maybe try coming back to it after some sleep or something?

Have you tried having a diary or calendar or something? I have 2 on the wall in front of my desk - as soon as there's something I need to remember, it gets put on both (one is a year planner so I can see future months etc). That way I only forget the stuff that I never put on there, which I've stopped doing now :teehee:

:console:
    Was trying to install something for several hours, finally succeeded and now for the past few hours have been trying to resolve all the issues the new install caused. :dry: Think you might be right, I'll just try to ignore the million new problems and try tomorrow.

most of the notes relate to passwords for loads of different things or recipes or certain times, which I'm fine with usually, none of them are things I have to do just things I have to remember. Normally use google calender for important dates (though the email pops up and I forget 2 minutes later so I guess that's kind of useless too). Some kind of wall calender is a good idea when/if I start back at uni though, good idea.

How're you tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Was trying to install something for several hours, finally succeeded and now for the past few hours have been trying to resolve all the issues the new install caused. :dry: Think you might be right, I'll just try to ignore the million new problems and try tomorrow.

most of the notes relate to passwords for loads of different things or recipes or certain times, which I'm fine with usually, none of them are things I have to do just things I have to remember. Normally use google calender for important dates (though the email pops up and I forget 2 minutes later so I guess that's kind of useless too). Some kind of wall calender is a good idea when/if I start back at uni though, good idea.

How're you tonight?
    I hate things like that. They normally result in me swearing at the computer and having to run away from it before I smash it into a million tiny pieces :nothing: Taking a break from it does help though.

Could you not transfer them all over to some sort of system - put the recipes in a recipe book, put the password stuff somewhere you feel is safe (e.g. I have sticky notes with hints for important passwords in a certain book in my room. Anyone who can decipher the hints is either me or knows me so well that I'd tell it to them anyway of course). But then keep all of those in a specific place to ensure that you don't lose them.

I would be lost without my calendars. I honestly can't remember more than 5 minutes ago most days. :facepalm:

I'm fine thanks, just getting freaked out by what sounds like squirrels in the attic. Again. :nothing: Apart from that, I'm actually fine. Hungry but fine (see, hungry's good haha)

I am trying to decide if to wait a year and go to uni, or if to apply to join the Navy as an officer. But then my depression would come up in the medical.. which could tits things up. Ah ****, I don't know what to do.
    I don't think it will, as you said later you've been told you're depressed but you've never been sectioned or anything like that so I doubt it will be a problem. I think the navy actually sounds like a good idea, my bf was in the army and he learnt soooo much, he ended up leaving but it made him a stronger person. He'd reccomend if you do join the armed forces then join as an officer which you are. Oh yeah I also know an officer in the army! But he got a degree before entering, as he wants to leave in a couple of years when he has a family Why not take a vocational degree for three years(What sort of things interest you?) then join a graduate armed forces scheme? That way you will hopefully be ranked as "cured" and 15 years down the line you'll have a qualification to fall back on and you can be the crazy ex navy officer

ReputationRep:
    Armed forces are ****

I'm incredibly biased, my Daddy is in the RAF and it's a crap life for families, currently he's in Afghanistan *somewhere* and doing the job of four people with only one other guy. He's been doing 12 on, 12 off days since he started back in May and he doesn't get any breaks or days off. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I awake? Stupid me cleaned the kitchen at 6am so my Dad just woke me up saying something about that and handing me chocolate (which I'm not gonna complain about!) but why the hell did I think that it would then be a good idea to get up after an hours sleep, get dressed and get caffeinated? :facepalm:

On the plus side, I'm too tired to feel ****

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs: It is crap for families :sadnod: How're you feel today?

Why am I awake? Stupid me cleaned the kitchen at 6am so my Dad just woke me up saying something about that and handing me chocolate (which I'm not gonna complain about!) but why the hell did I think that it would then be a good idea to get up after an hours sleep, get dressed and get caffeinated? :facepalm:

On the plus side, I'm too tired to feel ****

:hugs: It is crap for families :sadnod: How're you feel today?
    For families I definitely agree, For a singleton trying to get a perspective on life and have a decent job? Definitely something to consider.
    Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy and crazy on the kitchen thing! I won't clean properly for ages(as In i'll do the bare minimum) then one day I'll get a crazy burst and clean everything and everywhere :nothing: I'm odd I know!
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    x
    that sounds horrendous poor you , when is he back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    For families I definitely agree, For a singleton trying to get a perspective on life and have a decent job? Definitely something to consider.
    Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy and crazy on the kitchen thing! I won't clean properly for ages(as In i'll do the bare minimum) then one day I'll get a crazy burst and clean everything and everywhere :nothing: I'm odd I know!
    Oh yeah, that's what my Dad's always said about the forces :yep:

I just went down and asked him why he gave me chocolate (we never have any in the house, so he must have driven to a shop) and he said it was for cleaning the kitchen because neither him nor my mother wanted to do it :teehee: Insomniac cleaning is paying off very well for me - cleaning the house/doing odd jobs for my Mum etc has earned me quite a bit of money plus chocolate. I should do this more often :yep:

I'm the same with cleaning but recently I've been a little OCD about the kitchen - I don't care how messy my room is, but I can't stand the kitchen being messy. I'm a weirdo like that.

How're you?

---

I've still not got any more sleep and now have a headache and acheyness/a sore throat to go with it. :sad: I really don't think this lack of sleep is good for me :erm:

Oh yeah, that's what my Dad's always said about the forces :yep:

I just went down and asked him why he gave me chocolate (we never have any in the house, so he must have driven to a shop) and he said it was for cleaning the kitchen because neither him nor my mother wanted to do it :teehee: Insomniac cleaning is paying off very well for me - cleaning the house/doing odd jobs for my Mum etc has earned me quite a bit of money plus chocolate. I should do this more often :yep:

I'm the same with cleaning but recently I've been a little OCD about the kitchen - I don't care how messy my room is, but I can't stand the kitchen being messy. I'm a weirdo like that.

How're you?

---

I've still not got any more sleep and now have a headache and acheyness/a sore throat to go with it. :sad: I really don't think this lack of sleep is good for me :erm:
    I'm feeling okay, found out about an offer on baskin robbins (they now sell it in Morrisons!) and thought mmm interesting, went there to check it out and managed to get a mint choc chip pot! There was only a "hunky dory" flavour(caramel and honeycomb) in sight but I investigated further and found mint at the back :proud:. People looked at me funny for going on the ledge and reaching :p: ah well. Felt like a victory to me as nothing seems to be going right anywhere else for me at the moment :o: yes, getting excited over getting a pot of icecream pathetic.
    Well obviously your Dad just appreciates your efforts and I guess it's a silver lining even though I am sorry to hear you're feeling so unwell, lack of sleep can do crazy things
    I don't mind "mess" I just hate dirty/unclean ness. Do you get me?

ReputationRep:

Your taste in music from your profile is also rather awesome :yep:.
    really?? coool

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting those involuntary movements again. Well, they never fully went away after I stopped citalopram/the other AD but they're getting bad at the moment. I pretty much feel like **** physically right now anyway - have no idea if it's due to not eating or enough or whatever. I'd better be able to get more than an hour's sleep tonight :dry: But already I'm getting panicky about having to sleep. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting those involuntary movements again. Well, they never fully went away after I stopped citalopram/the other AD but they're getting bad at the moment. I pretty much feel like **** physically right now anyway - have no idea if it's due to not eating or enough or whatever. I'd better be able to get more than an hour's sleep tonight :dry: But already I'm getting panicky about having to sleep. :cry:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    :hugs:
    Thanks. I ought to try and get more sleep I guess :erm:

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    I hate this, and I hate myself. Every little thing. I'm fat and ugly and mediocre at everything. I'm never going to be happy or have friends as I have a ****** up horrible personality and people who meet me pick up on this right away. I'm never going to do anything with my life so why am I still here trying? Everything just gets worse and worse and worse and always will, and I'm never seeing those ******* liars again. Haven't drank any soda in about 3 weeks and what good has it done? **** all. They forced me to take that horrible stuff to "help" my ass did it help it made everything worse, now I'm so huge none of my clothes fit and I can't even drink the one thing I really really really really really enjoy. So ******* stupid listening to them, bet they're all sitting there having a right old laugh, lighting their cuban cigars with all the money they made. *******. The one time that ***** didn't lie she made it quite clear everything will be like this forever. I wish I'd had the guts to kill myself when I was 12 but I couldn't even do that.

What is wrong with me? why am i so uncertain and see every one as a threat to myself/my relationship/my friendship? I guess the past is just so hard to get over, I used to be so relaxed about friend making/relationships now I constantly feel paranoid. Saddest thing is I'm risking pushing everyone away further and causing even worse behaviour in the long run with this behaviour.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.