Turn on thread page Beta

I drink sugar free drinks all the time, the only drink I consume not sugar free is 1% fat milk(with cereal) and a large slushie at the weekend. If there was a diet version I would have it lol :p:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    I didn't mean to suggest you were fine, but that it's great they you feel some kind of effect so soon, so hopefully things will only get better.

The diet sodas tend to have aspartame in, which isn't particularly good for you, plus don't taste as nice. I read something about aspartame actually stopping weight loss because it messes with your fat cells or something, meh not really thinking right now :p: It's not even just that, it's the fact I'm trying so many things to lose weight and they're having no effect, which, when joined to the feeling of what is the point anyway, doesn't exactly help.
    For some people it causes them to crave sugar. Doesn't do it for me so much, or I just ignore it :dontknow: Few things can MAKE you put on weight directly(only a few illnesses such as underactive thyroid etc.) however a lot of things can cause an increase in appetite which you don't have to obey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I didn't read it as that anyway haha. Yeah, it's that I'm already feeling an effect that makes me wonder if it's just some sort of placebo effect. :erm:

Yeah, I'm not sure how healthy artificial sweeteners are (I developed an intolerance to them after living on things with them in for about a month and have only just started being able to have them again without stabbing pains etc Which probably proves they're not that great). I did read something about your body thinks it's sugar, doesn't get any so craves more or something but that was in the Daily Mail which is always telling me that everything is bad. :dontknow:

Why not ask in the fitness forum for help? Some people there really know their stuff.
    If it's a placebo effect maybe you should stop thinking about whether it is? :p: Even if it is, that's good though right? If it makes you feel better it seems like a win situation.

Stabbing pains don't sound too healthy. Yeah that sounds more like something I read, I don't remember exactly but it didn't sound good.

(Original post by sauce)
    For some people it causes them to crave sugar. Doesn't do it for me so much, or I just ignore it :dontknow: Few things can MAKE you put on weight directly(only a few illnesses such as underactive thyroid etc.) however a lot of things can cause an increase in appetite which you don't have to obey.
    Quetiapine is definitely one of those things that makes you put on weight directly

I dunno, sugar free soda just doesn't have the same satistfaction feeling afterwards. Pepsi max is ok but all the diet ones are just ergh, I can't even explain what it is, like if it's a blind taste test the diet ones lose every time.

Feeling very down about appearance, feel like restricting severely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Feeling very down about appearance, feel like restricting severely.
    No no no no no no no!

1) Relapse is likely
    2) This may be a relapse
    3) Do you really want to go back there? It's not fun or easy.
    4) You'll just screw up your body making things harder
    5) It's unhealthy
    6) It'll make you feel physically and emotionally ****

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    If it's a placebo effect maybe you should stop thinking about whether it is? :p: Even if it is, that's good though right? If it makes you feel better it seems like a win situation.

Stabbing pains don't sound too healthy. Yeah that sounds more like something I read, I don't remember exactly but it didn't sound good.

Quetiapine is definitely one of those things that makes you put on weight directly

I dunno, sugar free soda just doesn't have the same satistfaction feeling afterwards. Pepsi max is ok but all the diet ones are just ergh, I can't even explain what it is, like if it's a blind taste test the diet ones lose every time.
    True.

No, it wasn't fun when I went away with a friend and ordered mushy peas in a Little Chef and only remembered when the stabbing pains and bloating and feeling sick started that tinned mushy peas tend to have artificial sweeteners in them :dry:

I'm the opposite - the non diet stuff is always too thick and syrupy for my liking.

No no no no no no no!

1) Relapse is likely
    2) This may be a relapse
    3) Do you really want to go back there? It's not fun or easy.
    4) You'll just screw up your body making things harder
    5) It's unhealthy
    6) It'll make you feel physically and emotionally ****

:jumphug:
    I know, I know *sigh* it's just one of those nights really and i just want to :facepalm:
    I'm so unhappy and feel like I have nothing to look forward to. And i'm sick of people who are perfectly fine and slim complaining about how fat they are when I'm double their size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I know, I know *sigh* it's just one of those nights really and i just want to :facepalm:
    I'm so unhappy and feel like I have nothing to look forward to. And i'm sick of people who are perfectly fine and slim complaining about how fat they are when I'm double their size
    :hugs: But if you don't give in now, it'll make you stronger in the future. Your depression won't be helping anything, but as that starts to get better so too will everything else :console:

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!!!!!!!! Why the **** does every time something can go wrong it goes wrong? :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!!!!!!!! Why the **** does every time something can go wrong it goes wrong? :banghead:
    :hugs: What's happened?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: What's happened?
    Spent hours trying to fix computer problems, finally managed to get a game to work though loads of other problems left to fix, literally 10 minutes before I started playing it my mouse gives in. A couple of weeks ago my friend sent it flying across the room so the cable came out a bit but it worked fine, then 10 minutes before I play, after HOURS of trying to get this computer to work, the wire snaps. I didn't knock it or anything, it just snapped from normal use.

Now using my friend's spare mouse which is jerky, useless for gaming and tiny. As an added bonus I have incredibly painful shooting pains up my arm and my wrist is killing me - this is after 45minutes with this ****** tiny dell mouse. Goddamnit. :banghead:

I know it sounds like a stupid little thing, but games are about the only thing which stop me losing it completely. Haven't played since tuesday and this week has been the worst I've been feeling in months. I went for a walk last night looking at all the trees trying to decide which to hang myself from. It's not the mouse, or the ear pain, or the (new) wrist pain, or the being overweight, or feeling like ****, or uni or anything, it's every ******* thing together.

ReputationRep:
    Spent hours trying to fix computer problems, finally managed to get a game to work though loads of other problems left to fix, literally 10 minutes before I started playing it my mouse gives in. A couple of weeks ago my friend sent it flying across the room so the cable came out a bit but it worked fine, then 10 minutes before I play, after HOURS of trying to get this computer to work, the wire snaps. I didn't knock it or anything, it just snapped from normal use.

Now using my friend's spare mouse which is jerky, useless for gaming and tiny. As an added bonus I have incredibly painful shooting pains up my arm and my wrist is killing me - this is after 45minutes with this ****** tiny dell mouse. Goddamnit. :banghead:

I know it sounds like a stupid little thing, but games are about the only thing which stop me losing it completely. Haven't played since tuesday and this week has been the worst I've been feeling in months. I went for a walk last night looking at all the trees trying to decide which to hang myself from. It's not the mouse, or the ear pain, or the (new) wrist pain, or the being overweight, or feeling like ****, or uni or anything, it's every ******* thing together.
    :hugs: When I dropped my laptop it took a while for the screen problems to arise. I hate that these things trick you into thinking it's fine :dry:

Can you afford to get a new one tomorrow?

:hugs: Please don't kill yourself - there are people who care about you and things are NOT going to stay **** forever.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: When I dropped my laptop it took a while for the screen problems to arise. I hate that these things trick you into thinking it's fine :dry:

Can you afford to get a new one tomorrow?

:hugs: Please don't kill yourself - there are people who care about you and things are NOT going to stay **** forever.
    You dropped your laptop? Damn, I've never done that, when I carry mine anywhere it's like I'm carrying a nuke :p: Lucky it was just screen problems.

I knew it wasn't fine, could see the wire was barely hanging on, it's just the timing I'm pissed off about. Spent the last hour trying to find a replacement, they're all either wireless, tiny or otherwise crap. I'll have a look in person tomorrow, have big hands so it has to be right.

Even if they don't stay **** forever, there's still a fairly high chance they'll stay **** for a significant amount of time. 10 years is ages and if it's another 10 years that takes me to over 30 - things only go down after 30. So is 20 years of feeling **** worth then living with no education, a **** job etc for a few years then dying from cancer/something. Meh I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    You dropped your laptop? Damn, I've never done that, when I carry mine anywhere it's like I'm carrying a nuke :p: Lucky it was just screen problems.

I knew it wasn't fine, could see the wire was barely hanging on, it's just the timing I'm pissed off about. Spent the last hour trying to find a replacement, they're all either wireless, tiny or otherwise crap. I'll have a look in person tomorrow, have big hands so it has to be right.

Even if they don't stay **** forever, there's still a fairly high chance they'll stay **** for a significant amount of time. 10 years is ages and if it's another 10 years that takes me to over 30 - things only go down after 30. So is 20 years of feeling **** worth then living with no education, a **** job etc for a few years then dying from cancer/something. Meh I dunno.
    :hugs: More kicked it off the surface it was on and then stared at it for a minute or two in disbelief.

Could you not get the same one as the broken one?

:console: They won't, you just need to find something that works. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: More kicked it off the surface it was on and then stared at it for a minute or two in disbelief.

Could you not get the same one as the broken one?

:console: They won't, you just need to find something that works. :jumphug:
    That's something I hate about laptops - the threat of somehow dropping them and destroying them. :afraid:

I checked, the place I bought it from doesn't have them any more. Meh, it'll get me out tomorrow to see if I can find one.

The one thing my last psychiatrist didn't lie about was that drugs don't work (I think having tried 15 that's quite clear) so it's something about me.

You still can't sleep? Btw, I was looking at NY times health the other day, they had a number of articles on insomnia, you could try checking them out there might be something useful for you. Here's a link to one but there's a load of related storeis too at the bottom. Dunno, just thought it might help.

ReputationRep:
    That's something I hate about laptops - the threat of somehow dropping them and destroying them. :afraid:

I checked, the place I bought it from doesn't have them any more. Meh, it'll get me out tomorrow to see if I can find one.

The one thing my last psychiatrist didn't lie about was that drugs don't work (I think having tried 15 that's quite clear) so it's something about me.

You still can't sleep? Btw, I was looking at NY times health the other day, they had a number of articles on insomnia, you could try checking them out there might be something useful for you. Here's a link to one but there's a load of related storeis too at the bottom. Dunno, just thought it might help.
    Yeah. I was so tempted to save up loads and get one of those practically indestructible ones when I had to buy a new one (melted the last one's insides :teehee:)

It might be on another website?

:hugs: There's always talking therapy (or ECT which I only found out about the other day :erm: :lolwut:)

Oh thanks, I'll have a look!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I was so tempted to save up loads and get one of those practically indestructible ones when I had to buy a new one (melted the last one's insides :teehee:)

It might be on another website?

:hugs: There's always talking therapy (or ECT which I only found out about the other day :erm: :lolwut:)

Oh thanks, I'll have a look!
    indestructible ones? You mean a desktop?

Nope, can't find it anywhere, I think it might have been old stock or something. Think I can guilt my friend into paying a little so that ups the budget.

ECT is one of those things where it's very much "no ******* way in hell". :p: In the same category as haloperidol and lobotomies in my mind.

Even if the insomnia articles don't help, you could read some of their more boring news articles - might help you sleep.:p:

ReputationRep:
    indestructible ones? You mean a desktop?

Nope, can't find it anywhere, I think it might have been old stock or something. Think I can guilt my friend into paying a little so that ups the budget.

ECT is one of those things where it's very much "no ******* way in hell". :p: In the same category as haloperidol and lobotomies in my mind.

Even if the insomnia articles don't help, you could read some of their more boring news articles - might help you sleep.:p:
    Nah, Panasonic's Toughbook. A friend had one for a while and it was so cool. And so expensive :nothing:

Haha, I guess that's a silver lining :p:

Yeah, that's what I think. I mean... :eek: But I guess if someone's desperate... :dontknow:

Haha, I'm past the sleepy stage now. Just so achey from crappy sleep/illness. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Things will improve, you've had just about as much **** as life can throw at you right now, but things can only pick up. Have you tried calling a helpline or a trusted friend or something to talk to a professional or something? Remember the people around you who love and need you - your friends, you mum and dad, everyone :console:
    Not worth it.

I'm pretty sure now that people just put up with me. My Mum hates me because I go out all the time. My friends can't stand me because I moan and look like I've been slapped (I unfortunately show a lot of emotion on my face) and everyone else can't be bothered with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Not worth it.

I'm pretty sure now that people just put up with me. My Mum hates me because I go out all the time. My friends can't stand me because I moan and look like I've been slapped (I unfortunately show a lot of emotion on my face) and everyone else can't be bothered with me.
    :hugs: People do still care. And your dad's back soon, right?

And I'll come back and edit this post into something more meaningful when I've had some sleep :facepalm:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.