Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Malsy)
    everything i have ever done has always been on my own; i would understand if you told me it's what you do when you're an adult but i've always done stuff on my own and by myself and sometimes it would be nice to have a little help and it gets quite lonely :sad: being independent sometimes sucks. it'd be nice to hjave help from time to time but i know it's all my fault cos i lack confidence to ask for said help
    Do you not live with parents? [/nosey :o:]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    everything i have ever done has always been on my own; i would understand if you told me it's what you do when you're an adult but i've always done stuff on my own and by myself and sometimes it would be nice to have a little help and it gets quite lonely :sad: being independent sometimes sucks. it'd be nice to hjave help from time to time but i know it's all my fault cos i lack confidence to ask for said help
    :hugs: Maybe practise asking for help in your head so that you have something rehearsed to whip out?

ReputationRep:
    i live with parents but i stay out of their way 23 hours of the day and they're the ones that ask me for help. it's just the little things really. but it adds up. i have no idea how to apply fr uni and that's worrying me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i live with parents but i stay out of their way 23 hours of the day and they're the ones that ask me for help. it's just the little things really. but it adds up. i have no idea how to apply fr uni and that's worrying me.
    ahhh I see, if you need help with uni stuff, then feel free to ask about it, there are plenty of people who can/are willing to help here (including moi ) :p:

ReputationRep:
    thanks, yup when i have the energy to get round to doing it i will
    but jesus, i'm lost in my head and irl too :o:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Join the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Can't you get some anti-sickness tablets for the chemo? They are usually quite effective. Hope you feel better soon
    I have some kind of steroid that is suppost to stop some of the side effects (Don't know why steroids do..) I have never had chemo without it, so I can't say how much worse it would be without them or how much they work.

(Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Just make sure you put something underneath the bucket, so it makes it easier to just pick it up and chuck it away (sorry for the pun ).
    I have a towel underneath it, but I seem to be gifted in the amount and distance of my vomit. I wonder if there is some kind of world vomiting contest, there is a world pea shooting championship, so who knows :sexface:

I will maybe find an old beach towel which is a bit bigger and use that.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I'm really glad to hear you say that :jumphug:

Ah. Bib? A giant bib? Or and apron as it's more commonly known :facepalm: To protect your clothes?

True. Depends on what you've eaten though, don't wanna taste nasty stuff twice. Plus it can smell pretty bad with those stomach juices added.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. No. Too awake. I'm gonna spend the next few hours doing my eyebrows, nails, facial crap etc instead. :teehee:
    I am literally lying on the floor or my room, I yanked the charger to get my laptop to fall off my bed onto a non-sick patch. So not sure how much good an apron would do, I think the just sticking my head right in approach probably works best, my attempt of directing it has failed :p:

Just promise me you will try sleep at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I am literally lying on the floor or my room, I yanked the charger to get my laptop to fall off my bed onto a non-sick patch. So not sure how much good an apron would do, I think the just sticking my head right in approach probably works best, my attempt of directing it has failed :p:

Just promise me you will try sleep at some point.

What about lots of towels under the buckets/sick area? makes it easier to clean up.

I have 2 Nytol next to me. They'll do sweet **** all but I'm hoping the slight added drowsiness will help. :teehee: It's odd, I'm really worried about accidentally ODing on them when only a few weeks ago I'd think about doing just that.

---

I'm really hungry, for once, but I'm not eating until I can no longer taste blood :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What about lots of towels under the buckets/sick area? makes it easier to clean up.

I have 2 Nytol next to me. They'll do sweet **** all but I'm hoping the slight added drowsiness will help. :teehee: It's odd, I'm really worried about accidentally ODing on them when only a few weeks ago I'd think about doing just that.

---

I'm really hungry, for once, but I'm not eating until I can no longer taste blood :erm:
    That's a good sign that your worried about ODing!

And have you tried having a drink to try to remove the taste?

x
    No, just depression stuff :hugs:
    x
    Your parents sound like *****, no offence

ReputationRep:
    That's a good sign that your worried about ODing!

And have you tried having a drink to try to remove the taste?
    True. It's a good sign that you've decided to continue with chemo

It's still bleeding, so there's not much point.

I'm absolutely starving as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    No, just depression stuff :hugs:

Your parents sound like *****, no offence
    My dad too be fair has pulled a muscle in his back at work and can barely get out the chair downstairs, so I don't have an issue with him. But I asked my mum to not go to the gym because I am always sick the day after, but apparently I would be fine :rolleyes:.

She dislikes me because of an event that happened a couple of years ago, when she ended up being sectioned for seeing stuff in pictures etc.. she tried to attack me and in the process I broke her arm and broke her eye socket. She does not see the point that she attacked me first and only the fact I hurt her, and the fact she tried to get me charged and got told that if she went forwards with it, there was a good chance she would have charges of attacking a child in her care or whatever etc... shows that what I did was within reason. The arm was an accident when I rugby tackled her to the ground but I did land a good punch to her head. I am against hitting women but I was 14 odd and she is 13-14 stone and had totally lost it.

Anyway, how are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    True. It's a good sign that you've decided to continue with chemo

It's still bleeding, so there's not much point.
    Have you stuffed some tissue up your nose?

ReputationRep:
    Have you stuffed some tissue up your nose?
    That's died down now and you're not supposed to do that apparently. I think it must be quite far back in my nose or something. I dunno. Metal grossness :teehee: But I'm too hungry now

ReputationRep:
    That's died down now and you're not supposed to do that apparently. I think it must be quite far back in my nose or something. I dunno. Metal grossness :teehee: But I'm too hungry now
    Go eat if you're hungry :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Go eat if you're hungry :yep:
    I'm gonna. After playing with make up :awesome: It's been months since I've done this properly, it's so fun :woo:

The fact that I'm such a girly-girl does not leave this thread :hmmm:

Well I went for a walk, and it felt good until I came back up into my room :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Well I went for a walk, and it felt good until I came back up into my room :cry:
    :hugs: I know exactly how you feel. You can only distract yourself for so long. As soon as I'm alone again, it's just back to how it was.

My dad too be fair has pulled a muscle in his back at work and can barely get out the chair downstairs, so I don't have an issue with him. But I asked my mum to not go to the gym because I am always sick the day after, but apparently I would be fine :rolleyes:.

She dislikes me because of an event that happened a couple of years ago, when she ended up being sectioned for seeing stuff in pictures etc.. she tried to attack me and in the process I broke her arm and broke her eye socket. She does not see the point that she attacked me first and only the fact I hurt her, and the fact she tried to get me charged and got told that if she went forwards with it, there was a good chance she would have charges of attacking a child in her care or whatever etc... shows that what I did was within reason. The arm was an accident when I rugby tackled her to the ground but I did land a good punch to her head. I am against hitting women but I was 14 odd and she is 13-14 stone and had totally lost it.

Anyway, how are you doing?
    Your mum sounds a ***** though seriously u're going through chemo ffs.
    I don't know how to describe how I feel :confused: just :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.