Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    A+E would laugh me out of the place... 'Hi! I want to die, so I've come to somewhere where you preserve life... Oh ****.'

I'm talking to one of my friends. I hate this, I feel like I'm causing hassle. He doesn't need me being a twazzock. I should just do what I'm going to do and not involve other people.
    You're not causing hassle. I'm quite sure that your friend doesn't feel right now that you're a hassle and if he knows what's going on I'm sure he wants to help however he can.

As for a&e, they wouldn't laugh. All the times I've been I've never been laughed at, they don't do that, if anything they'll be grateful that you went and tried to get help.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sleep. Nothing else I can do. I wish I wasn't such a coward.

Random aside... I've started talking to myself and hearing voices replying. Think I'm really going crazy here.

ReputationRep:
    Have a good sleep :hugs:

Since when? Just tonight or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Have a good sleep :hugs:

Since when? Just tonight or?
    Tonight really. Walking home on my own we were having a good old natter, debating the worth of my life and the point of living. I've heard them once or twice before, when I'm falling off to sleep, but thought very little of it.

ReputationRep:
    Tonight really. Walking home on my own we were having a good old natter, debating the worth of my life and the point of living. I've heard them once or twice before, when I'm falling off to sleep, but thought very little of it.
    Have a good sleep, and see how you feel/what you hear in the morning .

If you still feel as bad, definatly go to your GP.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for making it through the night. Things will honestly get better in time even though I know thats hard to believe now. Things will gradually improve if you take medication and do talking therapy.

You really really should get a GP appointment. Ask a friend to make one for you if you can't. Or as you say, go in and demand one. I know it takes courage but so do all your options right now. And getting a GP appointment is the right thing to do, you owe it to yourself and those that love you. :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :ditto:

I'm going to sleep. Nothing else I can do. I wish I wasn't such a coward.

Random aside... I've started talking to myself and hearing voices replying. Think I'm really going crazy here.
    You should get an appointment, if only because it gives you access to someone you can talk about these things with on a regular basis. You've got loads of friends you can talk with too, who care about you, both here and elsewhere, so please make use of them :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Love you guys. Thank you.

I don't know what to do. I know that I need to see someone but I just... can't. I'm terrified. I have so much left to do with my life - so many things I want to do and people I want to meet, not to mention those I love now, but it feels like there's some other force acting against me that doesn't want me to have that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I don't know what to do. I know that I need to see someone but I just... can't. I'm terrified. I have so much left to do with my life - so many things I want to do and people I want to meet, not to mention those I love now, but it feels like there's some other force acting against me that doesn't want me to have that.
    I understand that feeling, but it really does get better even if it seems like it simply cannot. You should still do those things which you want to do, and not let this get in your way, going to the doctor will be a massive step towards that :p: if you're not finding you can bring yourself to see the doctor, then get a friend to go with you, or even get them to force/nag you to :yep:

A&E won't laugh you out, I bought my mother there at her worst and they got an emergency pysch asessor in there with a student who asessed and then asked if she would admit herself into a ward rather than have to be sectioned, which she did.

ReputationRep:

:hugs: Go to A&E. There is a reason people are told by doctors to go there if they ever feel suicidal. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Can I have a quick rant?

My mother's cousin is coming to stay tomorrow. I barely know her. Cue panic attacks. I'm getting kicked out of my room despite the fact that my brother has the nicer room. Cue me not even bothering to try and sleep because of the panickiness

I sound like a spoilt brat, so I'll stop ranting.

EDIT: Just remember the real reason I'm feeling so ****** - my grandma has to have a triple heart bypass :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I really wish my parents would keep some details from me sometimes. I didn't want to know all that stuff about my grandma. :sad:

My Mother's driving me insane now She wants me to organise my drawers and wardrobe for the people staying in my room tomorrow :dry: 1) You can't get to my wardrobe without moving my exercise bike 2) If they're snooping in there then they totally deserve to have my DVDs fall on them. :dry:

My mother gets so OCD when people come to stay, like we have to go back and make the house look like it did shortly after it was finished or something. :facepalm: I simply tidy and clean won't do it.

Urgh, sorry for moaning I've just had all day of her yelling at me for not doing one thing or another. I also don't have the energy - despite managing to fall asleep last night, I woke up feeling worse. :yawn: I just wanted to spend all day in bed feeling sorry for myself and feeling low but I can't even do that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I really wish my parents would keep some details from me sometimes. I didn't want to know all that stuff about my grandma. :sad:

My Mother's driving me insane now She wants me to organise my drawers and wardrobe for the people staying in my room tomorrow :dry: 1) You can't get to my wardrobe without moving my exercise bike 2) If they're snooping in there then they totally deserve to have my DVDs fall on them. :dry:

My mother gets so OCD when people come to stay, like we have to go back and make the house look like it did shortly after it was finished or something. :facepalm: I simply tidy and clean won't do it.

Urgh, sorry for moaning I've just had all day of her yelling at me for not doing one thing or another. I also don't have the energy - despite managing to fall asleep last night, I woke up feeling worse. :yawn: I just wanted to spend all day in bed feeling sorry for myself and feeling low but I can't even do that.
    Where are you going to be sleeping whilst your aunt is over? and on the lack of sleeping front, have you tried having the radio on in the background? Once I started putting BBC R3 on overnight, I started sleeping like a baby :pinch:

I've had a **** few months and haven't felt so low in a while, but it seems to be picking up again now, and I'm turning the negatives into positive - perhaps a bit of Stockholm syndrome going on there :unsure: - I'm actually enjoying learning the entirety of Koine Greek in the space of 3 weeks :erm: tally ho :teeth:

How you feeling now sweetheart?

Nex time you feel liek that and don't want to go to A&E, give NHS direct a ring. Seriously, they are amazing! I ring them just for a chat when I have the occasional nighttime panic attack. It helps so, so much. They sho8uld be able to take your mind off things and offer help if you want/need it :hugs:

(Original post by Loz17)
    How you feeling now sweetheart?

Nex time you feel liek that and don't want to go to A&E, give NHS direct a ring. Seriously, they are amazing! I ring them just for a chat when I have the occasional nighttime panic attack. It helps so, so much. They sho8uld be able to take your mind off things and offer help if you want/need it :hugs:
    really? I'm so gonna do that if I need it next time

(Original post by sauce)
    really? I'm so gonna do that if I need it next time
    Yea, I had this lovely nurse and she was so understanding. Both times I've had that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Where are you going to be sleeping whilst your aunt is over? and on the lack of sleeping front, have you tried having the radio on in the background? Once I started putting BBC R3 on overnight, I started sleeping like a baby :pinch:

I've had a **** few months and haven't felt so low in a while, but it seems to be picking up again now, and I'm turning the negatives into positive - perhaps a bit of Stockholm syndrome going on there :unsure: - I'm actually enjoying learning the entirety of Koine Greek in the space of 3 weeks :erm: tally ho :teeth:
    In the study, which practically doesn't have a door (I'm really OCD about having doors closed when I'm in a room and even more so when I'm trying to sleep :erm:).

I have tried that, but sometimes I'm just so awake or something that I can't sleep.

:hugs: But at least you know that it can improve :yep: Are you getting any help?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    In the study, which practically doesn't have a door (I'm really OCD about having doors closed when I'm in a room and even more so when I'm trying to sleep :erm:).

I have tried that, but sometimes I'm just so awake or something that I can't sleep.

:hugs: But at least you know that it can improve :yep: Are you getting any help?
    no which is bad, I know, but I always have had to deal with things alone, having no family, and I suppose I'm scared of getting help because it's way outside of my comfort zone :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    no which is bad, I know, but I always have had to deal with things alone, having no family, and I suppose I'm scared of getting help because it's way outside of my comfort zone :erm:
    :hugs: Everyone seems to have this problem but ti's something you have to get past. Getting help makes a huge difference - it helps you understand triggers/causes, medication if you want it can help, gives you someone to talk to on a regular basis etc.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.