Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depression Society MKIII watch

Announcements

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: What's up?
    Just stuff I wish I was just normal with normal eating patterns and stuff. Like I wish I could go out for breakfast eat a cherry danish have a milkshake and then not binge or eat till lunch have a healthy lunch have a packet of crisps for lunch and have a normal dinner and icecream without even thinking about other food or eating. I wish I was 100lbs and not 155lbs. Such a worthless lard ass. Ugh. Bet I'll of lost nothing tomorrow :rolleyes: Sorry guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Just stuff I wish I was just normal with normal eating patterns and stuff. Like I wish I could go out for breakfast eat a cherry danish have a milkshake and then not binge or eat till lunch have a healthy lunch have a packet of crisps for lunch and have a normal dinner and icecream without even thinking about other food or eating. I wish I was 100lbs and not 155lbs. Such a worthless lard ass. Ugh. Bet I'll of lost nothing tomorrow :rolleyes: Sorry guys
    :hugs: That's probably partly down to your EDNOS - as I've overcome mine more, I've felt that less and less. Did you ever get help with it?

:console: You are NOT a 'worthless lard ass', you are a clever and caring person who happens to have a very good body shape on top of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    I think its best just to remain positive about your grandma, maybe try talking to your parents about your feelings about the situation, you'll find that they are experiencing the same sort of emotions and anxieties as you. I hope things go well. :hugs:
    Its horribel not having your own space when you are having down days. I love my family but being at home and not having a lock on my door is so frustrating, especially when I feel like being on my own or having a good cry.

I've tried writing how I feel down but I can't seem to make sense of how I'm feeling right now, I know I should keep myself occupied by going out but I just don't want to.
    Yeah true. :erm:

:hugs: Maybe keep yourself distracted with games, movies etc?

:hugs: That's probably partly down to your EDNOS - as I've overcome mine more, I've felt that less and less. Did you ever get help with it?

:console: You are NOT a 'worthless lard ass', you are a clever and caring person who happens to have a very good body shape on top of that.
    Thanks, just doesn't feel like that sometimes at all. I sound so stupid and childish but I crave normality so much and not food being such a worry on my mind.I struggle to identify hunger and when I should eat and when I should stop if I am too early or too soon? It's so confusing, exhausting and frustrating and stuff. I am obsessed with food and feel if I don't control myself strictly I will binge eat and end up 20 stone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Thanks, just doesn't feel like that sometimes at all. I sound so stupid and childish but I crave normality so much and not food being such a worry on my mind.I struggle to identify hunger and when I should eat and when I should stop if I am too early or too soon? It's so confusing, exhausting and frustrating and stuff. I am obsessed with food and feel if I don't control myself strictly I will binge eat and end up 20 stone.
    It sounds like a lot of your eating disorder is still there, honey. Please try to get some help for that and then everything else will work out on its own :console:

It sounds like a lot of your eating disorder is still there, honey. Please try to get some help for that and then everything else will work out on its own :console:
    I think it's to do with nearly everyone over 16family is very fat. I'm probably the lightest adult by far, and I'm still overweight :nothing: my mum has weight related diabetes and high blood pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I think it's to do with nearly everyone over 16family is very fat. I'm probably the lightest adult by far, and I'm still overweight :nothing: my mum has weight related diabetes and high blood pressure.
    I can see how that would add to it, but your thoughts seem quite eating disordered :console: I hope you manage to work it out because eating disordered or not, the thoughts you're having aren't nice. :hugs:

I can see how that would add to it, but your thoughts seem quite eating disordered :console: I hope you manage to work it out because eating disordered or not, the thoughts you're having aren't nice. :hugs:
    My brother was calling me fat today. He's 17 stone. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    My brother was calling me fat today. He's 17 stone. FML.
    :hugs: Ignore him, brothers can be right insensitive *******s sometimes.

---

I hate stupid games that don't run on Windows 7 :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    How you feeling now sweetheart?

Nex time you feel liek that and don't want to go to A&E, give NHS direct a ring. Seriously, they are amazing! I ring them just for a chat when I have the occasional nighttime panic attack. It helps so, so much. They sho8uld be able to take your mind off things and offer help if you want/need it :hugs:
    Better. I think. Well, I'm not the state I was last night!

I've told a couple of people (a sub on here, and a few IRL) that if I haven't phoned for an appointment by tomorrow lunch, they need to keep pestering me until I do it. Not got a clue what I'll say - even on the phone - but I need to do this, I guess. I need to try my best to be honest as well.

I hate being so damn hypocritical though, I've just spent half an hour panicking that my friend was killing himself and over reacting from a few facebook comments and how he was acting earlier, I think something's up but his girlfriend is adamant that he's just being a drama queen so... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Better. I think. Well, I'm not the state I was last night!

I've told a couple of people (a sub on here, and a few IRL) that if I haven't phoned for an appointment by tomorrow lunch, they need to keep pestering me until I do it. Not got a clue what I'll say - even on the phone - but I need to do this, I guess. I need to try my best to be honest as well.

I hate being so damn hypocritical though, I've just spent half an hour panicking that my friend was killing himself and over reacting from a few facebook comments and how he was acting earlier, I think something's up but his girlfriend is adamant that he's just being a drama queen so... :/
    :hugs: Imma pester you tomorrow if I'm up by then too :awesome: Try practising what you'll say beforehand so it's rehearsed. :console:

---

Stupid patches, why can't they install properly. I should go to sleep rather than trying to sort this out :erm:

:hugs: Imma pester you tomorrow if I'm up by then too :awesome: Try practising what you'll say beforehand so it's rehearsed. :console:

---

Stupid patches, why can't they install properly. I should go to sleep rather than trying to sort this out :erm:
    :hugs: silly computer things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :hugs: silly computer things!
    Yeah :emo: The patch won't work so I can't play the game because I have ****** Windows 7. Never had this problem with Windows 98 :haughty:

How're you?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah :emo: The patch won't work so I can't play the game because I have ****** Windows 7. Never had this problem with Windows 98 :haughty:

How're you?
    run it in compatibility mode, er, right click on the exe launcher, properties, compatibility, then change it to XP SP2/3 or something :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    run it in compatibility mode, er, right click on the exe launcher, properties, compatibility, then change it to XP SP2/3 or something :erm:
    I have. It installs fine and the pop up saying play/exit comes up but nothing happens. There's probably an easy way to fix it but it's 1am :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Hello. :pingu:

I just wanted to say hello really. I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I have. It installs fine and the pop up saying play/exit comes up but nothing happens. There's probably an easy way to fix it but it's 1am :yawn:
    Have you tried looking on a different site for the game patches?
    Possibly even make sure your graphics card one is up to date (even if it's an old game, with low requirements, it might not run if not up to date)
    Try all the compatibility modes

If all else fails, get a program to host an old version of windows on your computer then you should be able to play in that no problem. Or you could use google, there's usually someone else in the world with the same problem.

(Original post by Chapter One)
    Hello. :pingu:

I just wanted to say hello really. I don't know.
    Hey. :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Have you tried looking on a different site for the game patches?
    Possibly even make sure your graphics card one is up to date (even if it's an old game, with low requirements, it might not run if not up to date)
    Try all the compatibility modes

If all else fails, get a program to host an old version of windows on your computer then you should be able to play in that no problem. Or you could use google, there's usually someone else in the world with the same problem.
    Yeah and then I decided to do the smart thing and check the version. It was the same as I was trying to patch to so either the patch did manage to install or the CD was that version. It still doesn't work and because it's got an expansion pack too, I don't know which .exe thing I'm supposed to use.

Bloody computers :nothing:

Oh well, it's keeping me busy and stopping me realise just how crap and worried I feel.

Yeah and then I decided to do the smart thing and check the version. It was the same as I was trying to patch to so either the patch did manage to install or the CD was that version. It still doesn't work and because it's got an expansion pack too, I don't know which .exe thing I'm supposed to use.

Bloody computers :nothing:

Oh well, it's keeping me busy and stopping me realise just how crap and worried I feel.
    :jumphug:

Hope you lovely people are all well this morning :hugs: you are all special and wonderful people

Scary http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1348787 and makes me appreciate my body and realise I will NEVER abuse my body A 23 y/o in that state. How crippingly sad.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.