Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Been put on Citalopram (?) for a few weeks, told emphatically to not kill myself tonight, getting a phone call from the Crisis team tomorrow and told to take the weekend off work. She said that I should try and tell my mum too, so that she can keep an eye on me as well. I don't really fancy suicide watch
    I haven't been on this thread for a while so I don't know what the circumstances are, but... you should probably spend time with someone, just to take the focus away from yourself and the torment your mind is giving you. I guess that is a form of suicide watch, but I tend to feel a little less like I want to jump into a well if I'm with someone I trust.

ReputationRep:
    How quickly does the nausea side effect start up? Took my first one at about half 6, now I feel like throwing up... Not sure whether I'm imagining it, it's the SSRI or I've just eaten too much curry

ReputationRep:
    How quickly does the nausea side effect start up? Took my first one at about half 6, now I feel like throwing up... Not sure whether I'm imagining it, it's the SSRI or I've just eaten too much curry
    On citalopram it was extremely fast for me as well - a few hours. Took about a week or so to go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    On citalopram it was extremely fast for me as well - a few hours. Took about a week or so to go away.
    Joy :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    ergh feel goddamn awful and I have no idea why. Need to go to the gym as I didn't go yesterday but a) can't stop crying and b) got a huge ******* headache (same reason I didn't go yesterday).

Everything about me is wrong and I'm sick of trying to change myself to fit into society's definition of a decent human being - I know it's totally futile as I'm not a decent human being either in personality or looks or any measure. I wouldn't mind if changing meant that people liked and accepted me, but it doesn't, they hate me either way so why bother trying?

ReputationRep:
    Joy :sigh:
    and btw, throwing up didn't make me feel any less sick with citalopram (like it does if you drink waaaaay too much) so probably not worth doing that.

ReputationRep:
    ergh feel goddamn awful and I have no idea why. Need to go to the gym as I didn't go yesterday but a) can't stop crying and b) got a huge ******* headache (same reason I didn't go yesterday).

Everything about me is wrong and I'm sick of trying to change myself to fit into society's definition of a decent human being - I know it's totally futile as I'm not a decent human being either in personality or looks or any measure. I wouldn't mind if changing meant that people liked and accepted me, but it doesn't, they hate me either way so why bother trying?
    :hugs: Why do you think you're not a decent human being?

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    and btw, throwing up didn't make me feel any less sick with citalopram (like it does if you drink waaaaay too much) so probably not worth doing that.
    Ohhh. My mouth feels horrible and I'm very tired now... Sigh. Don't think I'll be in work tomorrow night :o:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere you can get medical treatment at this time which is not A&E? Would prefer not to waste there time because its probably not very serious but I want to get something checked over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Is there anywhere you can get medical treatment at this time which is not A&E? Would prefer not to waste there time because its probably not very serious but I want to get something checked over.
    NHS Direct are good to ring :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Why do you think you're not a decent human being?
    Decent human beings are at least at the minimum level of human beings in the majority of areas; like looks, shape, personality, interests and ability to interact with others. It's like an exam, each area is scored out of 100 and you need at least 40 in each area to be a decent human. I fail at all these areas. I've accepted that however, what's really getting to me is that even when I try to change myself to some degree of normality I fail because I'm so far from it to start with that either it's impossible (in shape, looks, ability to interact) or people see through it (personality and interests) and then call me a freak and refuse to befriend me/laugh at me a lot. Whereas if I make no effort to change myself and express my real self in each of those areas, people skip the seeing through and go straight to the freak/laughing/disgusted bit.

ReputationRep:
    walk in centers.

Out of hours doctor, Minor injuries clinic. Google may help find minor injury clinics.

ReputationRep:
    Just looked, they deal with broken bones, sprains etc.. Issue is, my legs are going light and jelly like and i'm getting pains down my spine after recieving a neck injury. So I am guessing they would send me to A&E anyway? And A&E is 5 minutes drive, the nearest minor injuries unit is 8 miles away.

Will have to get the bus to A&E then in 15 mins. Thanks for the help, hope you are all ok.

ReputationRep:
    Decent human beings are at least at the minimum level of human beings in the majority of areas; like looks, shape, personality, interests and ability to interact with others. It's like an exam, each area is scored out of 100 and you need at least 40 in each area to be a decent human. I fail at all these areas. I've accepted that however, what's really getting to me is that even when I try to change myself to some degree of normality I fail because I'm so far from it to start with that either it's impossible (in shape, looks, ability to interact) or people see through it (personality and interests) and then call me a freak and refuse to befriend me/laugh at me a lot. Whereas if I make no effort to change myself and express my real self in each of those areas, people skip the seeing through and go straight to the freak/laughing/disgusted bit.
    Sounds to me like you're trying to impress the wrong people. Anyone who calls you a freak just for being yourself clearly isn't worth knowing. **** them all (can you guess why I have hardly any friends :p:).

And you express your real self on here (I presume...) and I doubt if any of us dislike you.

ReputationRep:
    Just looked, they deal with broken bones, sprains etc.. Issue is, my legs are going light and jelly like and i'm getting pains down my spine after recieving a neck injury. So I am guessing they would send me to A&E anyway? And A&E is 5 minutes drive, the nearest minor injuries unit is 8 miles away.

Will have to get the bus to A&E then in 15 mins. Thanks for the help, hope you are all ok.
    I reckon a&e is your best bet, and as it's not friday night there's probably not too many drunks.

Hope it goes ok.

(Original post by superwolf)
    Sounds to me like you're trying to impress the wrong people. Anyone who calls you a freak just for being yourself clearly isn't worth knowing. **** them all (can you guess why I have hardly any friends :p:).

And you express your real self on here (I presume...) and I doubt if any of us dislike you.
    Not exactly impress as such, more attempt to speak to without them laughing in my face. The problem isn't them, it's the fact that being myself is the complete antithesis of what I "should be". Whilst it's true that societal expectations have changed over time, they're not changed anywhere near enough for me to be myself without everyone (bar 2 people out of 6 billion) thinking I'm a total freak.

I'm not entirely my real self on here, that's why I like the internet so much, people don't see me and I can think for ages about how to respond to people so less likely to get it wrong. It's also much easier to hide aspects of me which people don't like.

How're you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly impress as such, more attempt to speak to without them laughing in my face. The problem isn't them, it's the fact that being myself is the complete antithesis of what I "should be". Whilst it's true that societal expectations have changed over time, they're not changed anywhere near enough for me to be myself without everyone (bar 2 people out of 6 billion) thinking I'm a total freak.

I'm not entirely my real self on here, that's why I like the internet so much, people don't see me and I can think for ages about how to respond to people so less likely to get it wrong. It's also much easier to hide aspects of me which people don't like.

How're you doing?
    I get what you mean. When I was at school I was hated by a lot of people just because I was somehow different. The only thing that worked for me was just ignoring everyone.

You haven't met all of these 6 billion people, and if you've got two people who like you, chances are there are some more out there who will too. It's just a question of making sure you do keep meeting people and hope for the best.

In conclusion, most people are rubbish, we are the exceptions.

I'm ok, managed to get through another day of doing absolutely nothing. Feel completely exhausted the whole time.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first counselling session this afternoon, and it actually went alright . The lady was really nice, and just told me to tell her a bit about my life, and when I told her some of the plans I had for the near future to try and fix some of the hardships I've been through lately, she said it sounded like a good plan :yep:. I don't have another session with her until after the holidays, but by then she hopes I would have improved a bit after going on holiday :yep:

ReputationRep:

I bloody hope you're at A&E right now :hmmm:

---

Just had a meal with some relatives and it's just shown to me how little I eat now. Normally I'd be able to just about finish the meal I ordered (I always get the same because it's amazing :coma:) I managed about 5 chips, 3 forkfuls of salmon and half a brownie. Even a child could eat more than that!

I've been feeling quite low for the past day or so but I'm wondering if that's just because of my grandma (who apparently was in a foul mood today so just as well I didn't go see her :erm:) and this relative being ill.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.