Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Depression Society MKIII watch

Announcements

I've eaten so much today, basically overeaten on healthy foods as I said but I feel so awful for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I've eaten so much today, basically overeaten on healthy foods as I said but I feel so awful for it.
    Just ignore it. That's what I do when I overeat, then I don't get stuck in a starve/binge cycle. Forgiving and forgetting is the healthiest thing to do, dwelling on it will just make you feel crappy.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the gloom of despair. Been ages since I felt this.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Ohhh. My mouth feels horrible and I'm very tired now... Sigh. Don't think I'll be in work tomorrow night :o:
    That's probably partly why the doctor suggested you take time off - the first few days aren't great and IMO staying in bed all day/taking it easy is the best option :yep:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    "Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy." :puppyeyes: Don't feel too good atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I get what you mean. When I was at school I was hated by a lot of people just because I was somehow different. The only thing that worked for me was just ignoring everyone.

You haven't met all of these 6 billion people, and if you've got two people who like you, chances are there are some more out there who will too. It's just a question of making sure you do keep meeting people and hope for the best.

In conclusion, most people are rubbish, we are the exceptions.

I'm ok, managed to get through another day of doing absolutely nothing. Feel completely exhausted the whole time.
    Ignoring everyone does work pretty well but it doesn't help extreme loneliness. I read an article on BBC about conditions on Japan's death row, the vast majority of them develop mental illness because of 24hour isolation without even being allowed to walk around their cells. Hmmm...nice. (here if you're interested)

I've met a hell of a lot of people in my life, and given how few have responded positively it doesn't exactly look good for the future. It took 22 years to meet 2 properly nice people, do I really want another 22 years (or more probably given stuff gets harder as you get older...) just to meet 2 more people?

You're probably feeling exhausted because you're not doing anything - like if you sleep 14 hours a day people tend to wake up and feel tired still. I don't know what you could do but perhaps try to put some structure in your day then you might feel a little less exhausted. Although to start with probably more but then less er..hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly1991)
    "Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."
    I doubt many people care if you're happy either tbh....

(Original post by Butterfly1991)
    :puppyeyes: Don't feel too good atm.
    What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ignoring everyone does work pretty well but it doesn't help extreme loneliness. I read an article on BBC about conditions on Japan's death row, the vast majority of them develop mental illness because of 24hour isolation without even being allowed to walk around their cells. Hmmm...nice. (here if you're interested)

I've met a hell of a lot of people in my life, and given how few have responded positively it doesn't exactly look good for the future. It took 22 years to meet 2 properly nice people, do I really want another 22 years (or more probably given stuff gets harder as you get older...) just to meet 2 more people?
    :hugs: At least you have 2 people :yep: I can count the number of people that I think I'll still be friends with in a year on one hand, not even that. And the people bothering to stay in contact with me since the whole depression thing? One, maybe two. So I think it's pretty normal :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: At least you have 2 people :yep: I can count the number of people that I think I'll still be friends with in a year on one hand, not even that. And the people bothering to stay in contact with me since the whole depression thing? One, maybe two. So I think it's pretty normal :console:
    I know I'm lucky to have those 2, but I only made those 2 about 3 years ago, before that it was just me and that's what I'm most scared about it returning to that. Plus the 2 live on opposite sides of the earth. Meh. Spent most the day thinking about each school I went to and what happened at each - each time I went to a new one it was my fresh start and had a whole new opportunity to make friends, and I always failed. Same happened at university and in the few jobs I've had which kind of suggests it's going to continue to happen.

Ergh, I think people deserting you is worse though. I had that once, thought I'd actually made a number of friends then they all deserted me, yeah that's worse than being alone all the time so you have my full sympathy on your friends not bothering to stay in contact with you :hugs:

How're you this evening? With the eating, are you sure it's not other stuff on your mind combined with not having eaten much in a while it'll probably take a bit to get back to eating the same amount you used to, no?

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm lucky to have those 2, but I only made those 2 about 3 years ago, before that it was just me and that's what I'm most scared about it returning to that. Plus the 2 live on opposite sides of the earth. Meh. Spent most the day thinking about each school I went to and what happened at each - each time I went to a new one it was my fresh start and had a whole new opportunity to make friends, and I always failed. Same happened at university and in the few jobs I've had which kind of suggests it's going to continue to happen.

Ergh, I think people deserting you is worse though. I had that once, thought I'd actually made a number of friends then they all deserted me, yeah that's worse than being alone all the time so you have my full sympathy on your friends not bothering to stay in contact with you :hugs:

How're you this evening? With the eating, are you sure it's not other stuff on your mind combined with not having eaten much in a while it'll probably take a bit to get back to eating the same amount you used to, no?
    :hugs: To be honest, I think that happens a lot of the time but just try to keep the friends you have, which won't be hard if they're good friends :console:

I don't overly care. I knew it would happen when I was friends with them all. The one friend I've kept so far I've known all her life (and for all bar a few months of mine).

Not great TBH. You?

I was so full after eating that, that's what freaked me out. My mother gave me the look she gives me when she thinks I'm relapsing, which is why I forced down the half a brownie :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: To be honest, I think that happens a lot of the time but just try to keep the friends you have, which won't be hard if they're good friends :console:

I don't overly care. I knew it would happen when I was friends with them all. The one friend I've kept so far I've known all her life (and for all bar a few months of mine).

Not great TBH. You?

I was so full after eating that, that's what freaked me out. My mother gave me the look she gives me when she thinks I'm relapsing, which is why I forced down the half a brownie :sad:
    You still have uni though I guess. Like it's great you have that really good friend but you do seem capable of making friends so hopefully you'll make new, better than the ones who deserted you, friends at uni. Something to look forward to :yy:

I'm alright, posting on tsr stops me thinking too much which is nice. just bit my nail too far now it's bleeding on my keyboard...fantastic. :o:

I've never had an ED so probably not relevant but I used to (and still do actually) get super nervous when I had to eat out anywhere which meant I'd eat 2 bites and feel really full and throw up if I tried to eat any more. I think it's because of the expectation to finish the food which made me nervous therefore couldn't eat anything. Like I said, not entirely sure if that's in anyway related to you, but I found just relaxing about it, getting a doggy bag and eating the stuff later kind of helped because then the pressure was much less. But I don't know if that's anything like what you're thinking?

ReputationRep:
    You still have uni though I guess. Like it's great you have that really good friend but you do seem capable of making friends so hopefully you'll make new, better than the ones who deserted you, friends at uni. Something to look forward to :yy:

I'm alright, posting on tsr stops me thinking too much which is nice. just bit my nail too far now it's bleeding on my keyboard...fantastic. :o:

I've never had an ED so probably not relevant but I used to (and still do actually) get super nervous when I had to eat out anywhere which meant I'd eat 2 bites and feel really full and throw up if I tried to eat any more. I think it's because of the expectation to finish the food which made me nervous therefore couldn't eat anything. Like I said, not entirely sure if that's in anyway related to you, but I found just relaxing about it, getting a doggy bag and eating the stuff later kind of helped because then the pressure was much less. But I don't know if that's anything like what you're thinking?
    :hugs: And so could you. The future always has unexpected opportunities :yep:

That's good :yep: And ouch :erm:

I've never felt like that but I have been getting full on very small amounts of food recently. For example, I've just had 3 biscuits and I'm full :erm: I'm gonna eat the rest of them though because otherwise I'll start getting foot cramp. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I hardly slept last night, I just felt like I wanted to be in someone's arms and I just couldn't fall asleep! I was so uncomfy it was annoying, I slept about 3 hours overall but it left me soo frustrated.

I don't want to get into my bed tonight, I just feel like its going to happen again, it drove me mad...

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh. Sleep isn't looking to be happening tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Yeahhh. Sleep isn't looking to be happening tonight.
    :hugs: Isn't citalopram like fluoxetine in that it's sort of stimulating and so not great for sleep if you take it in the evenings? I think that's what Saffie said.

ReputationRep:

You're probably feeling exhausted because you're not doing anything - like if you sleep 14 hours a day people tend to wake up and feel tired still. I don't know what you could do but perhaps try to put some structure in your day then you might feel a little less exhausted. Although to start with probably more but then less er..hopefully.
    Yeah loneliness is horrible. Not at all surprised they all go crazy.

:console: You never know though, that's the thing. You could meet someone amazing tomorrow. I'm not much better than you, the other day my cpn asked me to list all the people in my life and there were only six. Three of them are family, and of the other three only one's even in the same country as me, never mind the same city.

It could be that, but that would mean I'd have to actually try and get up in the morning. :yucky: I have been feeling a bit less tired the last couple of days, but only by going to bed early and getting even more sleep. Think I'm currently on about 12 hours a night.

ReputationRep:
    can someone talk to me?? I know my post didn't seem like I'm depressed but I have posted here before. And the me not sleeping last night is driving me crazy right now, I really don't want to go through the same thing tonight, well this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaatieee)
    can someone talk to me?? I know my post didn't seem like I'm depressed but I have posted here before. And the me not sleeping last night is driving me crazy right now, I really don't want to go through the same thing tonight, well this morning
    There's an insomniac society in society chat that should be active right now. I posted in it lots last night because I couldn't sleep. I can't sleep now either but trying to follow what the hell other subs are saying in the back room is keeping me occupied :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Isn't citalopram like fluoxetine in that it's sort of stimulating and so not great for sleep if you take it in the evenings? I think that's what Saffie said.
    fluoxetine is the most stimulating and increases anxiety more than the other SSRIs.

But yeah I do think you should ideally take all the SSRIs in the morning.

--
    I'm slightly scared I might develop an eating disorder.. I'm pretty skinny, dont get much appetite and find it pretty easy not to eat Anyway its results day tomorrow and I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    Not got a clue. She said take it in the evening - I took it around 7pm ish. So it surely shouldn't still be keeping me up?

Stupid thing is I can't stop ******* yawning My mouth is really dry, this sucks. And I keep realising that I'm clenching my teeth together. Odd. I'm pretty sure half of this is psychosomatic.

:itsme: :hugs:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.