Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    No. What I told you in my PM came to a head on Monday. I went through the most demoralising experience, I have no idea how I did it, or why I didn't crack-up at the time. The outcome, however, was good... but the experience has set me back and has made me feel very depressed. Memories are hard to let go of, and it's so much simpler for outsiders to tell you to "move on", when they have no idea what it feels like.

I've also had some other things on my plate, which I can't really talk about in here. But I feel utterly miserable.

The good news is my mum has put on some weight. It's hard for cancer patients to put on weight, so this can only be a positive thing.

I hate that I felt as though I was getting better. It seems worse than before.

Thanks for asking. How are you today?

:hugs:
    Laura! :jumphug:

You can talk to me honey! :flowers: Well, except probably from week 3.5-4.5 of my cycle. :elefant: :angelblush:

We haven't spoken in ages!:eek: Although I have been thinking about you :yes: and do miss you/would love to get back in contact with you again.:yes: :yes: :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    :cry: I don't know whats making me like this I just feel so so empty and scared :'(
    I feel pathetic for feeling like this but I can't help it and now in a dead end circle of feeling low :'(
    :console: To the bit in bold: same here , except I know why I'm feeling like this- it is gripping me with fear.

(Original post by diamonddust)
    :hugs: to everyone who needs it.
    Feel empty and once again spent most of the day in bed like a pathetic piece of poo. I feel like I've completely lost whatever strength I had because my way of 'coping' is just holing myself in my room because I can't face anything else. It's ridiculous. I need to start dealing with this properly but I feel so exhausted.
    Whoah- that describes my days atm.:five: Although we both feel like poo and so weak, we're great really :yep: - it just takes a while lifting the depression like one battles with lifting a heavy weight, to see it and believe in it within yourself. :hugs:

:grouphugs: everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :console: To the bit in bold: same here , except I know why I'm feeling like this- it is gripping me with fear.

Whoah- that describes my days atm.:five: Although we both feel like poo and so weak, we're great really :yep: - it just takes a while lifting the depression like one battles with lifting a heavy weight, to see it and believe in it within yourself. :hugs:

I just wish I knew why I feel this way. But I am picking up and starting to feel a bit happier knowing I won't be alone tonight

ReputationRep:
    hehe sorry I had to post it... its so cute and its true lol
    http://welikeitfresh.com/files/2008/...-interests.jpg

ReputationRep:
    my ******* mum's back again. She wanted some help clearing up her stuff, my brother ****** off and I stayed to help. so who gets it in the neck about the state of the place? me. She then moaned about my work situation, the fact I dropped out of uni, the fact i'm fat, my hair, my clothes and the fact that I shouldn't be depressed because I have a boyfriend.
    I'm filling out the housing forms next week and I actually can't wait to get out of this house. I don't want to have to live apart from webber but I've decided I'm cutting my mum out of my life for a while if I leave. a good year or two like my brother did. I think it'll do me a lot of good.

oh, and she actually said to me 'so, is depression actually a recognised condition or is it something you've just made up to make excuses for yourself?'

how is everyone else btw? I'm sorry i've been so self absorbed lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    my ******* mum's back again. She wanted some help clearing up her stuff, my brother ****** off and I stayed to help. so who gets it in the neck about the state of the place? me. She then moaned about my work situation, the fact I dropped out of uni, the fact i'm fat, my hair, my clothes and the fact that I shouldn't be depressed because I have a boyfriend.
    I'm filling out the housing forms next week and I actually can't wait to get out of this house. I don't want to have to live apart from webber but I've decided I'm cutting my mum out of my life for a while if I leave. a good year or two like my brother did. I think it'll do me a lot of good.

oh, and she actually said to me 'so, is depression actually a recognised condition or is it something you've just made up to make excuses for yourself?'

how is everyone else btw? I'm sorry i've been so self absorbed lately.
    That's really rude and selfish of her. I think being away from her will do you some good. She sounds liek she's just making everything worse. which isn't fair on you. Time away really will do you good.
    Next time she says something like that say to her... oh you expect me to produce a doctors certificate saying Yes >>>>>>>> Is depressed get over your ******* self and give her the ******* help you should be...
    That might shut her up for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I feel so low today. Perhaps there is no hope for me. I'll never be able to make anything of myself and I'll prove all those people were right all along. I really am worthless :cry:

How is everyone else?
    :hugs: to all who want them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immunity)
    I feel so low today. Perhaps there is no hope for me. I'll never be able to make anything of myself and I'll prove all those people were right all along. I really am worthless :cry:

How is everyone else?

You're not worthless. Honestly.

ReputationRep:

How is everyone else?
    there's hope for everyone.
    Try not to put yourself down like that, if you tell yourself you won't be able to make anything of yourself then you'll stop trying and it's not giving up that's the important bit. even if you don't manage to get where you want to be you can give it your best shot.

You're not worthless, try doing something where you're appreciated - it may help. When I was younger there were a few old people in homes that I used to go and read the paper to and no matter how rubbish I felt the rest of the time I knew that someone wanted me and someone thought i was lovely and brilliant. I find doing things for other people is easier for me than doing things for myself, and it's a bigger pick me up as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)

Thanks hun. How do you feel today? :hugs: to you too.

And death.drop, if I can say this, your mum sounds awful. And a lot like mine. But tbh, I think having time away from her is a good idea. It will give you time to clear your head and kind of get way from her...ignorance really. I know it's hard but try not to take anything she says to heart, she clearly doesn't understand depression which reflects on her not you. :hugs:
    Oh and you haven't been self absorbed so dw about that. :p:

Hugs and kisses to everyone. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

How is everyone else?
    You aren't worthless. You're not. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You matter and you will make something of yourself. The fact you're still standing, still living shows how strong you are and that you can get through the hard times. All you need is strength to make something of yourself and even if you feel like the weakest person alive, you're not. I'm never very good at knowing what to say but one thing I do know is that you aren't worthless. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone :hugs:
    I just hate how you feel alright one day, then you just hit rock bottom again. The roller coaster of emotions really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone :hugs:
    I just hate how you feel alright one day, then you just hit rock bottom again. The roller coaster of emotions really sucks.
    :hugs: I know how you feel. I wish i could make it go away for you

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    in tears again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    in tears again
    :hugs: What's up?

(I really like your avatar by the way. :top: )

ReputationRep:

thank you

ReputationRep:
    grargh me happy

SmuUshie

ReputationRep:
    F's the point in anything.

Every things a load of grade A shyt.

I bet there are millions who suffer from depression, and no one knows. I hate that we don't know what's going on in people's head...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.