Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ergh, I hate movies where people just sit about talking and nothing actually happens. Just watched one with my friend and their friend and was struggling to stay awake the entire time. The only thing which was good was beer, pizza, and my friend's friend's commentary throughout on English history. Also just found out that Erin Brockovich was apparently about some kind of poisoning? :lolwut: I had no idea what was going on in that film except it was boring as hell.

And goddamn Steffi, that is a hell of a lot of tea. :p: My parents never understood the value of good tea, but give me yorkshire or anything with a bit of taste and I'm happy. Actually...my friend's dad has quite a collection of tea, akbar was pretty amazing.
    I'm going to assume you're not in the UK if you 'just' watched a film at half 6 in the morning. :p:

Yes it is, but they all taste different and so are suitable for different times/moods. I do need to buy some Darjeeling to have a more complete collection (a mini collection mind!). If you ever have spare money, I really recommend trying out some Twinnings tea, like Assam, Darjeeling etc, depends on what you like :yep: (You can get 2 free teabags if you're in the UK from the Twinnings website)

(Original post by Malsy)
    mum just asked if i ever sleep. yes i do but i'm not like others: i sleep through the day. deal with it. :'
    Haha, I'm the same! My parents have now accepted it. Before going to work a few minutes ago my Dad said, 'And try to get some sleep you daft cow' to which I replied with a lie about getting some sleep last night. :teehee: They will accept it eventually, they won't have much choice :teehee:

---

I feel sick from eating what to me seems like loads. Idiot-Finder had better stick to his side of the deal :hmmm: I'm not gonna let you forget it :p:

woah...i now feel better about last night :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    mum just asked if i ever sleep. yes i do but i'm not like others: i sleep through the day. deal with it. :'
    I know the feeling, love sleeping through the day, letting time just pass by, gets on my mum's nerves too...I hope you are ok though :hugs:

----

For two days in a row I haven't woken up crying/spent the day crying now...good sign, hopefully it means I'm facing facts. I'm still not eating the way I would like to but one step at a time eh...at least I've learnt that whatever you expect from life is what you get so if I expect nothing then it wont be much of a suprise when thats what I get. Its just annoying because I think naturally I am quite an optimistic person who hopes for good things but I'm usually let down.

ReputationRep:
    Up, down, in between.

I've called in sick for today, I feel... a bit sick atm, and have a small headache, but I'm not sure how it'll affect me when I take my pill tonight so I thought it was for the best. Feel ridiculously guilty though... I'm going to try and get in tomorrow, it's only a 6 hour shift, Saturday afternoon so nice and relaxed. I'm thinking about giving my Sunday shift to my friend; he's been after more hours and I'm not entirely sure I'll be much use at gone Midnight when we come to tidy up but part of me is still trying to rebel about it... Odd how I dread work and hate going when I have to but when I'm told to take a few days off I can't keep myself away. Spoke to the lady from the Mental Health section around here and she was lovely, I have a referral for the 26th of August :eek: I said that I was worried it might be a bit too far away because of uni and stuff and she seemed ok with that... Thing is, I'm feeling ok this morning so I came across as 'alright' on the phone :/

Mehh.

ReputationRep:
    Work hates me. I shouldn't 'let them down at such short notice on a busy night' (well **** you, I phoned 3 hours ago and told you then that I wouldn't be in, you asked me to phone back just now) and I 'don't sound that sick'. He tried to get me to come in and work 'until I felt that I couldn't work any more' - sod that. Oh, and he's going to tell my manager, and she 'won't be impressed'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Work hates me. I shouldn't 'let them down at such short notice on a busy night' (well **** you, I phoned 3 hours ago and told you then that I wouldn't be in, you asked me to phone back just now) and I 'don't sound that sick'. He tried to get me to come in and work 'until I felt that I couldn't work any more' - sod that. Oh, and he's going to tell my manager, and she 'won't be impressed'.
    Don't worry its better to take time off if you aren't up to it rather than suffering and making other around you uneasy. Do they know about your current situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Don't worry its better to take time off if you aren't up to it rather than suffering and making other around you uneasy. Do they know about your current situation?
    Nope. I don't mind telling my manager - I'm hoping to do my shift tomorrow and Sunday evening - but I want to do it face to face and I don't want him there. I've had trouble with that guy since day one; he's convinced I have an attitude problem and targets me to do all the ****** jobs as he thinks he can work me out of it :rolleyes: despite the fact that this assumption is based on an offhand comment that I made the day before my mates funeral (aka not the best day to have smiling, happy KMN running around the place).

I can't even summon the energy to make a cup of tea right now, how am I meant to be able to do a 10 hour shift running around after drunk people?

ReputationRep:
    I passed my exams but did really badly in some of them so feeling pretty miserable. I dont want to speak to anyone but i think my best mates gonna try to drag me out tonight. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I passed my exams but did really badly in some of them so feeling pretty miserable. I dont want to speak to anyone but i think my best mates gonna try to drag me out tonight. Argh.
    Congrats :hugs: A pass is still a pass!

I got my certificate through today telling me I'd passed my Access course (already knew that). Seems unreal how close it is to going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats :hugs: A pass is still a pass!

I got my certificate through today telling me I'd passed my Access course (already knew that). Seems unreal how close it is to going to uni.
    Thanks. I wish I could just be happy I've passed. I suppose when I consider how horrible this year's been and that I wasn't sure if I'd sit the exams it kind of helps put things in perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Work just rang me (I missed the call as was out of the room) :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Work just rang me (I missed the call as was out of the room) :erm:
    :hugs: Honey you have a valid excuse and a doctor's note, they can't be mad at you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Honey you have a valid excuse and a doctor's note, they can't be mad at you.
    They don't know this yet...

ReputationRep:
    They don't know this yet...
    Well they should stop being mad when they do know :hugs: Have you told them you have a sick note from the doctor?

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievably bored and feel like such a lump. :nn: But it's hard to get motivation to do anything anymore... not that there's anyone to see or anything in particular to do. This probably makes things and how I feel much worse than necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    Unbelievably bored and feel like such a lump. :nn: But it's hard to get motivation to do anything anymore... not that there's anyone to see or anything in particular to do. This probably makes things and how I feel much worse than necessary.
    This is exactly how I feel - I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything :sad:

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly how I feel - I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything :sad:
    It's terrible though, because I sit around with no motivation to do anything useful, and then the longer that goes on I feel worse, and it just gets more and more difficult until I don't even want to do anything anymore. Or get no happiness/pleasure from stuff I used to. I wish I could snap out of it easily somehow, but that seems like a mammoth task in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    It's terrible though, because I sit around with no motivation to do anything useful, and then the longer that goes on I feel worse, and it just gets more and more difficult until I don't even want to do anything anymore. Or get no happiness/pleasure from stuff I used to. I wish I could snap out of it easily somehow, but that seems like a mammoth task in itself.
    As they say at CBT, you have to break the cycle and basically keep breaking it. So you have to force yourself to do things even when you don't really want to. Unfortunately I know that's easier to say than do.

I've been feeling a bit down lately but kinda got forced to go to Kew Gardens with my best friend yesterday. I've never been before and it was much better than I expected and kind of inspired me a bit so I guess that's something that's broken the cycle a bit for me.

ReputationRep:
    Well they should stop being mad when they do know :hugs: Have you told them you have a sick note from the doctor?
    No...

Now I feel awful, I text my friend to ask if he knew why they'd rung, he said they're hideously understaffed for tonight and are getting busy already - that's just unheard of. I feel fine within myself atm (only just taken it for today though) :sad: I hate feeling like I've let them down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    As they say at CBT, you have to break the cycle and basically keep breaking it. So you have to force yourself to do things even when you don't really want to. Unfortunately I know that's easier to say than do.

I've been feeling a bit down lately but kinda got forced to go to Kew Gardens with my best friend yesterday. I've never been before and it was much better than I expected and kind of inspired me a bit so I guess that's something that's broken the cycle a bit for me.
    It's interesting you bring that up, because I'm starting to go to CBT sessions atm, although they seem to be focusing on my negative thinking/low self-esteem much more atm. But yeah, making a timetable and stuff? I dunno, I guess you do have to force yourself to do things sometimes, but when you genuinely get no pleasure out of anything, it just feels like a punishment more than anything else.

That's lovely to hear about your little trip, though. I wish I could get some sort of inspiration like that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.