Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Not until you've tried everything, imo. :hugs:
    Everything is a term which would leave you on Earth until you die naturally anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Maybe its best to be put at peace.
    Oi you what?

Okay, in nice English that isn't affect by crappy tea, what's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Everything is a term which would leave you on Earth until you die naturally anyway.
    Hmmm...that's a very good point.

Well, substitute it with "a reasonable number of things". From what I remember of your posts there are still a reasonable number of things you could try, for instance you've just started fluoxetine, you could give that a go for a bit? it works very well for some people.

ReputationRep:
    I ****** my GCSE's up because I didn't revise for any of them and slept a couple of hours before the exams. I ****** my AS's up because I missed literally a terms worth of lessons and then again maybe did 1 days revision. This year will follow a similiar pattern.

I had so much potential and I have pissed it all down the drain.

And what makes it worse is, I only have myself to blame.

ReputationRep:
    I ****** my GCSE's up because I didn't revise for any of them and slept a couple of hours before the exams. I ****** my AS's up because I missed literally a terms worth of lessons and then again maybe did 1 days revision. This year will follow a similiar pattern.

So what? That's in the past and you have the chance now to change it, to make a better future for yourself, to get the help and to live life and to get better, because life will improve. We all make mistakes but you've clearly learnt from them so that's all that matters, you know you have the potential so go out there and give it your all :hugs:

ReputationRep:

:hugs: They're exams, they really don't mean your life is down the drain.

Neither of my parents have any formal qualifications, yet both have pretty decent lives, brought up kids, each have nice houses and seem happy enough.

My brother dropped out of university to follow his dream which also requires no formal qualifications, he's happy as anything doing that, he loves his life.

Earlier you were telling Steffi that there are always ways to get to your goal, and the same applies to you. Ok you haven't got great grades, but if there's something you want there are ways to get it. You could go to night school, you could go to a lower ranked university and then do a masters at a higher one (no one cares about gcse, a levels or even bachelor's degree if you have a masters). You could do an apprenticeship if that's what you want. You could apply for the police, their gcse requirements are low. You could work a job somewhere, save up your money and go on a massive round the world trip doing whatever the **** you want whenever you want. You life isn't down the drain, you haven't failed your potential because there are so many paths in life and so many more opportunities. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

:hugs:

I have various views on this.

One of my friends left school after her AS results (DDEE) and went to work in a bank. That was :eek: nearly 4 years ago now. She's now a branch manager and being promoted faster than I can keep track of. She's earning well above the graduate entry wage, is planning to buy a flat to get on the property ladder, has a car, a nice rented house, money to afford what she wants, and lots and lots of potential to go even higher.

One of my friends didn't bother with uni, he carried on with his shop job and got promoted to store manager. Now he manages his own (very large) store, about 20 staff and refits shops part time and is training to do that full time - which will see him travel the country, which he loves. He's also got a very very good eBay business selling plane parts and is planning his next venture; he said it would be buying a limo and hiring it out, but I'm not sure if he's going through with that! :teehee:

And then there's me, royal educational **** up, screw up to the stars, complete and utter retard... I did badly in my GCSEs, even worse in my AS levels and utterly crap in my A2s I just didn't work. Looking back, it was the start of my depression and there was probably a lot of anxiety issues that led to me skipping a lot of school as soon as I could (stayed in during GCSEs, skipped off 90% of lessons at sixth form as there were fewer repercussions). I went to uni on a course that would let anyone in, and I hated it. Came home, worked for a bit, realised that I'd ****** up, and set myself back on the education path. One year later and after doing my Access course I realised that actually, education in this country is not off bounds to anyone, no matter how intelligent, old, destitute or depressed you are. Off to uni in September...

Anyway. You'd only waste your potential if you let yourself. And to be blunt - you have to be alive to achieve your dreams. We love you and believe you can do it, we'll be here with you and so will your parents and friends IRL. :hugs:

--

Eurgh. I hate mornings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Okay, I need a mini rant, feel free to ignore this.
    Spoiler:
    Show

How is it that I've been living on very few calories recently (not on purpose, just no appetite) yet my weight has not changed and I feel bigger?!? How the hell does that happen?

Okay, rant over.
    This happens to me a lot :P ..im not a fat person but....when I was eating a lot..my weight didnt change, and not I dont eat a lot..(cus' I cant be bothered to) but I feel that ive gained weight..and im thinking...wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Normal is being able to interact with some degree of success, weirdo is everyone reacts by saying "wtf...are they for real or just escaped from special school" (that sounds like I'm being mean but one girl did ask her friend once (when I was out of earshot so she thought) if she knew if I was "special" or not :facepalm: ).

I have heated debates online quite a lot, the problem is it doesn't matter if the conversation irl is about what underwear I'm wearing that day I still can't talk to other people. It doesn't matter how much I know about things I can't think around people, like thoughts just do not join up in my head so if asked my opinion (in seminar for eg) I say "er............don't know" regardless of what I'm asked.
    Really?...mhm, well give me a scenario...normally when you talk with people, what do you say?

Really?..mhm..I see what you mean...maybe if they ask you a question like that..you should relax a little?..so your brain can work?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, i've not been here much as i've been travelling but i thought i'd say hi as i love you all. i am in the usa and have been since the 27th june. at first i hated it but now i loving it and am planning on staying an extra week. I used to be very depressed until recently. As soon as uni finished my depression started disappearing!. Travelling has also been great in helping me recover.

Enough typing from me,

stay safe and live life to the full people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi guys, i've not been here much as i've been travelling but i thought i'd say hi as i love you all. i am in the usa and have been since the 27th june. at first i hated it but now i loving it and am planning on staying an extra week. I used to be very depressed until recently. As soon as uni finished my depression started disappearing!. Travelling has also been great in helping me recover.

Enough typing from me,

Heyyyyyy you! Great to hear that you're feeling better :hugs:

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Okay, I need a mini rant, feel free to ignore this.
    Spoiler:
    Show

How is it that I've been living on very few calories recently (not on purpose, just no appetite) yet my weight has not changed and I feel bigger?!? How the hell does that happen?

Okay, rant over.
    As you probably know when you eat less your body clings onto calories and fat and goes into starvation mode. I've found eating more good stuff has made my weight loss far more successful :ahee: and I know you're not trying to lose weight but force yourself to eat more whenever possible and fingers crossed you'll start feeling better in yourself and less bloated and "big"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

Thank you both :hugs:

--

Dad had an x-ray on his back yesterday, he hurt it at work last week, and had an appointment for the doctors in 2 weeks.

Anyway she rang up at 2pm asking if he was here and I said no and because he works in a hospital does not have his phone on. Anyway she gave me her number and told me to tell him to ring her back and that she needs to talk to him today.

Thats exactly what they told me when I found out I had a tumor in my neck :unsure:

ReputationRep:

--

Dad had an x-ray on his back yesterday, he hurt it at work last week, and had an appointment for the doctors in 2 weeks.

Anyway she rang up at 2pm asking if he was here and I said no and because he works in a hospital does not have his phone on. Anyway she gave me her number and told me to tell him to ring her back and that she needs to talk to him today.

Thats exactly what they told me when I found out I had a tumor in my neck :unsure:
    :hugs: I'm sure he'll be ok. Is there no way you can get hold of him at work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs: I'm sure he'll be ok. Is there no way you can get hold of him at work?
    He goes around different departments so there is not a number I can use to get through to him.

He should be home within the next 30 mins.

ReputationRep:

--

I understand it must be feeling horrible to be sitting there worried but try not to jump to any conclusions before you know exactly what they say to him. :hugs: could you do something to occupy your mind until he gets home?

ReputationRep:

Enough typing from me,

:itsme: That's great that things are working out for you. What countries have you been to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Really?...mhm, well give me a scenario...normally when you talk with people, what do you say?

Really?..mhm..I see what you mean...maybe if they ask you a question like that..you should relax a little?..so your brain can work?
    I dunno, whatever comes to mind. It depends on the situation obviously, but if it's before a seminar I'll try to ask if they've done/understood the reading perhaps, just relevant trying to be friendly kind of things. If it's someone in halls I see in the kitchen I might ask how it's going for them, what they're up to (once I've found out what they study etc). I generally try to talk about things which you're meant to talk about, I won't walk in and say something really random and weird.

Enough typing from me,

Awesome! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Whereabouts in the States are you? Careful of the 90 days :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, whatever comes to mind. It depends on the situation obviously, but if it's before a seminar I'll try to ask if they've done/understood the reading perhaps, just relevant trying to be friendly kind of things. If it's someone in halls I see in the kitchen I might ask how it's going for them, what they're up to (once I've found out what they study etc). I generally try to talk about things which you're meant to talk about, I won't walk in and say something really random and weird.
    Right, im sure you'll be fine..keep doing what you do then, and do it with some confidence..and smile a bit more..and you'll be fine..promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    As you probably know when you eat less your body clings onto calories and fat and goes into starvation mode. I've found eating more good stuff has made my weight loss far more successful :ahee: and I know you're not trying to lose weight but force yourself to eat more whenever possible and fingers crossed you'll start feeling better in yourself and less bloated and "big"

Like?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.