Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by jakemittle)
    Like?
    wholemeal carbs- wholemeal pasta, noodles, rice, pitta, bread, bagels, cereals like shredded wheat and weetabix, porridge is good too but i don't like it, muesli is good as long as its no added sugar/salt etc.

good proteins: nuts, eggs, small amounts of hard cheeses, cottage cheese, 1% fat milk

vegetables, fruit, salads as a side to meals

good fats: nuts again, fats from pulses and cheeses are also good, avoid animal fat if you're a meat eater(I am not)

I don't eat meat but skinless chicken breast is good, bacon without the rind and bottom bit just the un fatty top bit of you get me, lean steak mince, tuna in brine mixed with stuff like very light mayo/salad cream

try and drink more water etc also helps. (I struggle immensely with this)

For example today I've eaten the following
    breakfast: shredded wheat with 1% fat milk

would usually have a snack but woke up late, would be something like a krisp roll(whole wheat cracker) and a piece of fruit

lunch: whole wheat pizza cut in half with tomato sauce(made using can of chopped tomatos mixed with tomato purée with a little bit of salt and pepper) a sprinkling of goats cheese, light mozzarella cheese and spinach. Also an activia fat free yoghurt and some raspberries

snack: a nectarine

dinner: willl be an omlette with a small side salad and a plum or two

snack later will be a krisp roll or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    wholemeal carbs- wholemeal pasta, noodles, rice, pitta, bread, bagels, cereals like shredded wheat and weetabix, porridge is good too but i don't like it, muesli is good as long as its no added sugar/salt etc.

good proteins: nuts, eggs, small amounts of hard cheeses, cottage cheese, 1% fat milk

vegetables, fruit, salads as a side to meals

good fats: nuts again, fats from pulses and cheeses are also good, avoid animal fat if you're a meat eater(I am not)

I don't eat meat but skinless chicken breast is good, bacon without the rind and bottom bit just the un fatty top bit of you get me, lean steak mince, tuna in brine mixed with stuff like very light mayo/salad cream

try and drink more water etc also helps. (I struggle immensely with this)

For example today I've eaten the following
    breakfast: shredded wheat with 1% fat milk

would usually have a snack but woke up late, would be something like a krisp roll(whole wheat cracker) and a piece of fruit

lunch: whole wheat pizza cut in half with tomato sauce(made using can of chopped tomatos mixed with tomato purée with a little bit of salt and pepper) a sprinkling of goats cheese, light mozzarella cheese and spinach. Also an activia fat free yoghurt and some raspberries

snack: a nectarine

dinner: willl be an omlette with a small side salad and a plum or two

snack later will be a krisp roll or two.

Sounds good!...can the noodles be like..the quick cook ones?...also is Museli good?

I guess they should be had in moderation..like one bowl of Museli for example..then some noodles in the afternoon/Evening etc..right?

Sounds good!...can the noodles be like..the quick cook ones?...also is Museli good?

I guess they should be had in moderation..like one bowl of Museli for example..then some noodles in the afternoon/Evening etc..right?
    yup, you can get straight to wok whole wheat noodles, they have some japanese dude on the packet, you rinse them in a colander then put them in the wok with a bit of fry lite(1 calorie oil) or one teaspoon of olive oil, toss them around for a minute or two and add veggies or whatever and they're done
    Yeah but i mean having a small bowl of muesli after dinner isnt a cardinal sin, its better than a chocolate bar really.
    Muesli is good as long as its no added sugar or salt on the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    yup, you can get straight to wok whole wheat noodles, they have some japanese dude on the packet, you rinse them in a colander then put them in the wok with a bit of fry lite(1 calorie oil) or one teaspoon of olive oil, toss them around for a minute or two and add veggies or whatever and they're done
    Yeah but i mean having a small bowl of muesli after dinner isnt a cardinal sin, its better than a chocolate bar really.
    Muesli is good as long as its no added sugar or salt on the box.
    You know your stuff man!

Sadly I can rep you cus im banned..but thanks

You know your stuff man!

Sadly I can rep you cus im banned..but thanks
    i'm a girl but thanks :girl:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm went to be a wreck, woke up feeling ok ...I just want this feeling to last but I know it wont. Oh well I'll enjoy it while it lasts, I'm feed up with feeling like rubbish, I REALLY need to sort my head out, my throughts are all wrong, my head is a scary place to be sometimes.

:hugs: to those who need it.

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's not only retarded enough to have slept through the entire opening hours of her surgery so she only has 2 days of pills left but also forgot to take today's pill before going to sleep this morning and so won't be able to sleep tonight :teehee:

Also my headphones didn't arrive today so I can't listen to really loud music and block the rest of the world out. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I ate too much :sad:

(And Steffi, you totally just reminded me to take my pill, ta See the trouble I have with recurrent medications?!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I ate too much :sad:

(And Steffi, you totally just reminded me to take my pill, ta See the trouble I have with recurrent medications?!)
    Haha, I know I'm awful with them too, that's why I tick it off on my calendar and have the days written on the back of each pill's little packet thing. :teehee:

:hugs: But you've been eating next to nothing recently haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    Feel awful. Normally I feel like crap, I get used to that and given how **** uni is I can see why I feel like **** most of the time. But I should be happy right now and I'm not I feel worse than ever. Past few weeks it's just going down and down and down. Been either crying or trying not to cry all day, also started seeing **** again a lot.. ******* great. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Feel awful. Normally I feel like crap, I get used to that and given how **** uni is I can see why I feel like **** most of the time. But I should be happy right now and I'm not I feel worse than ever. Past few weeks it's just going down and down and down. Been either crying or trying not to cry all day, also started seeing **** again a lot.. ******* great. :'(
    :hugs: Is it worth you trying to find a new psychiatrist? Even just to have someone to sort out talking therapy or something? :console:

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell can everyone see something that I can't when they look at me?

An old friend commented tonight on how much weight I've lost, and how I shouldn't lose any more. And on one of my pictures from last night - ****, I look skinny. It's amazing. I just want to stare at it and see it in my reflection, but I can't. I still see the overweight whale that I was when I was 17. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell can everyone see something that I can't when they look at me?

An old friend commented tonight on how much weight I've lost, and how I shouldn't lose any more. And on one of my pictures from last night - ****, I look skinny. It's amazing. I just want to stare at it and see it in my reflection, but I can't. I still see the overweight whale that I was when I was 17. :sigh:
    :hugs: Just try to be careful and maintain or gain the weight depending on how much you weigh. I know what you mean about mirrors though... The mind is an odd thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Just try to be careful and maintain or gain the weight depending on how much you weigh. I know what you mean about mirrors though... The mind is an odd thing.
    Yeah. I want to lose a little bit more... I'm exercising more now and not just eating less (bad me) - I hope I know when to stop. This has kind of worried me that I might not be able to realise when I should stop :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I want to lose a little bit more... I'm exercising more now and not just eating less (bad me) - I hope I know when to stop. This has kind of worried me that I might not be able to realise when I should stop :/
    Why not tell someone close to you that so that they can tell you to?

ReputationRep:
    Why not tell someone close to you that so that they can tell you to?
    Maybe. Unfortunately I have the personality where if someone says 'Stop!' I want to push it to see how much further I can go... Mehhh.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Unfortunately I have the personality where if someone says 'Stop!' I want to push it to see how much further I can go... Mehhh.
    :hugs: Then why not focus on losing weight and just eat normally but exercise? Or is there a chance you'd take that too far too? TBH,from that photo you look amazing and don't need to lose any more.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Then why not focus on losing weight and just eat normally but exercise? Or is there a chance you'd take that too far too? TBH,from that photo you look amazing and don't need to lose any more.
    Mmm. I dunno. I tend to go in fits and burst of exercise and eating normally to not really eating - I rarely maintain the same routine weekly. This week I'll be swimming three times but next week I may only make it to the pool once. The more I look at that photo, the more I'm convincing myself it's a camera trick

ReputationRep:
    Mmm. I dunno. I tend to go in fits and burst of exercise and eating normally to not really eating - I rarely maintain the same routine weekly. This week I'll be swimming three times but next week I may only make it to the pool once. The more I look at that photo, the more I'm convincing myself it's a camera trick
    :hugs: I doubt it hun, from what you were saying about your weight unless you're really very short that's probably how you really look.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I doubt it hun, from what you were saying about your weight unless you're really very short that's probably how you really look.
    5ft6. I didn't realise how much I'd lost recently - with the whole Poppy thing - until I weighed myself about a week ago. Sigh. Stupid ****** up mind.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.