The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

kiss_me_now9
I would have liked to have been informed of that beforehand, took me by surprise too. Ruined the film for me :frown: :hugs:

Its hard to look it up beforehand without wrecking the plot for yourself because you have to read it too find out. :hugs: It was actually your post before that made me aware of it.

Magnum Opus
:hugs: I want to see that, everyone says it's good :colondollar: didn't realise it was focused on suicide...

Won't give the plot away at all..It's not really focused on it but it is in the film.
Reply 7801
:cry: It's all gone to hell.
Nothos
:cry: It's all gone to hell.

talk to me about it please :hugs:
Reply 7803
Having till Tuesday off my diet...not sure how I feel about it yet but will be fine I'm sure. Swam over 2k this afternoon without goggles and my eyes are in agony, they are slowly improving but were burning so painfully before I struggled to open them at all :facepalm: I need new goggles for when I next swim :ashamed2:
EDIT: In need of some hugs :sigh: :o:
I feel like ****. It's my own fault for not eating enough but my appetite's pretty much gone. I just had a really tiny meal and I'm not kidding when I say I'm really bloated, it's as if my stomach just can't handle decent portions. I can't eat any more because I'm really full :erm: I kinda feel like everything's going backwards TBH.

But I did manage to get more fluoxetine (I think the woman who answered the phone had to go against the practice's normal practise because it wasn't on my repeat prescriptions but she asked the GP and it's fine but I have to see them this month.) Just as well I can pick it up tomorrow because I only have tomorrow's stuff left. I really suck at this.
Reply 7805
steffi.alexa
I feel like ****. It's my own fault for not eating enough but my appetite's pretty much gone. I just had a really tiny meal and I'm not kidding when I say I'm really bloated, it's as if my stomach just can't handle decent portions. I can't eat any more because I'm really full :erm: I kinda feel like everything's going backwards TBH.

But I did manage to get more fluoxetine (I think the woman who answered the phone had to go against the practice's normal practise because it wasn't on my repeat prescriptions but she asked the GP and it's fine but I have to see them this month.) Just as well I can pick it up tomorrow because I only have tomorrow's stuff left. I really suck at this.

aww hunny :frown: I don't really know what to say :frown:
sauce
aww hunny :frown: I don't really know what to say :frown:

Thanks. I have a 600kcal milkshake in my hands now so I should be able to avoid the foot cramps tonight if I can finish it. :yep:

How're you?
Reply 7807
steffi.alexa
Thanks. I have a 600kcal milkshake in my hands now so I should be able to avoid the foot cramps tonight if I can finish it. :yep:

How're you?

I am having till Tuesday with less strict eating. Hopefully it will counteract some of these silly thoughts I've been having and make me feel saner. Apart from having stinging eyes today has been average in terms of mood etc. How bouts you :hugs:?

Finish that milkshake :h:
sauce
I am having till Tuesday with less strict eating. Hopefully it will counteract some of these silly thoughts I've been having and make me feel saner. Apart from having stinging eyes today has been average in terms of mood etc. How bouts you :hugs:?

Finish that milkshake :h:

:hugs: Silly thought need to be stamped on till they're gone :yep: I hope your eyes feel better soon console:

I've almost finished it :h: I don't have the energy to have feelings, I am getting a bit concerned about the fact that my heart feels like its racing but I'm sure it's not. (Note to anyone who's not eating enough: eat more, you only start feeling ******* and ******* otherwise) I think I'm gonna have a lazy night in bed with some books haha.
Knackered. Caned it in the pool and did 60 lengths in 45 - 48 minutes (ish)... Then went to the cinema and stuffed my face with Malteasers :colonhash:
Today I have to pick up my prescription before 1pm, fill out 4 stupid self assessment forms and be awake at 3pm for an assessment for some other talking therapy... What's the betting I don't manage to do any of those? :facepalm: I also need to stay awake all day so I can sleep tonight and wake up in time to get to work by 8am tomorrow. I really don't want to go to work :erm: I hate having these things I have to do, I'd rather not have to go to work or appointments and just sleep when I want and can and not have to worry about all of this.
Reply 7811
Guys. I had depression last october and am due to go to university in october. Last september i just didnt turn up because I had no interest in the course and it almost feels like the same things are happening again. I really dont want them to. What can I do to stop this. I dont think my depression is back because I have done a lot in this year. Perhaps I have done more since october than i have the whole rest of my life.. I think I am doing ok. Just I get so worried about this university stuff. Pffft. I bet if i took a ride down to where Id be studying I wouldnt find it so scary.

Ive chosen to live at home and travel into uni. Its on the other side of London so its a good hour and a half away but it wud only be 2-3 days a week anyway. Not really a big deal. Gotta keep positive instead of worrying about this haven't i?
Andyuhoh
Guys. I had depression last october and am due to go to university in october. Last september i just didnt turn up because I had no interest in the course and it almost feels like the same things are happening again. I really dont want them to. What can I do to stop this. I dont think my depression is back because I have done a lot in this year. Perhaps I have done more since october than i have the whole rest of my life.. I think I am doing ok. Just I get so worried about this university stuff. Pffft. I bet if i took a ride down to where Id be studying I wouldnt find it so scary.

Ive chosen to live at home and travel into uni. Its on the other side of London so its a good hour and a half away but it wud only be 2-3 days a week anyway. Not really a big deal. Gotta keep positive instead of worrying about this haven't i?

Why don't you go and take a look if you think it will make you feel any better?

I think most people are naturally nervous when doing something strange with different people, everyone will be in the same boat, it will be fine :yep:
I wish I had a more anonymous user name so i could post on here :frown:
_Andrew_
I wish I had a more anonymous user name so i could post on here :frown:

Make a different account for when you want to post stuff that you don't want to on that one?
Idiot-Finder
Make a different account for when you want to post stuff that you don't want to on that one?

Yeah, I suppose I could. I can't believe I put my first name as my username on here; I know quite alot of people personally who use this site, so i don't want to post on here in too much detail..
Sabertooth

Awesome! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Whereabouts in the States are you? Careful of the 90 days :p:

hi saber and superwolf,

i'm in san diego at the moment. been to nyc, niagara falls, toronto, chicago, boston, washington dc, baltimore, san fransisco, lots of canyons and las vegas; i'm gking bk to san fran on sat to do another tour:smile:. i loved being here!

blue
Mehhh. Very meh today. The complete loss of mood has returned.
Reply 7818
kiss_me_now9
Mehhh. Very meh today. The complete loss of mood has returned.

:hugs: I know how you feel. It's horrible :sad:
My Mum picked up my prescription for me so I don't have to, I've filled out the stupid forms and I got out of the talking therapy assessment 16 minutes into the 45 minutes because none of the NHS talk to each other :h: So far a very successful day in terms of remembering stuff. I'm gonna go back to sleep before I feel like **** again :h:

Latest