Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My Mum picked up my prescription for me so I don't have to, I've filled out the stupid forms and I got out of the talking therapy assessment 16 minutes into the 45 minutes because none of the NHS talk to each other So far a very successful day in terms of remembering stuff. I'm gonna go back to sleep before I feel like **** again

ReputationRep:
    My benefits finally came through. Now instead of being poor and miserable I can have a go at being rich and miserable.

(Original post by superwolf)
    My benefits finally came through. Now instead of being poor and miserable I can have a go at being rich and miserable.
    :woo: miserable with shiny stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyuhoh)
    Guys. I had depression last october and am due to go to university in october. Last september i just didnt turn up because I had no interest in the course and it almost feels like the same things are happening again. I really dont want them to. What can I do to stop this. I dont think my depression is back because I have done a lot in this year. Perhaps I have done more since october than i have the whole rest of my life.. I think I am doing ok. Just I get so worried about this university stuff. Pffft. I bet if i took a ride down to where Id be studying I wouldnt find it so scary.

Ive chosen to live at home and travel into uni. Its on the other side of London so its a good hour and a half away but it wud only be 2-3 days a week anyway. Not really a big deal. Gotta keep positive instead of worrying about this haven't i?
    Everyone worries before university, it's totally natural. It wouldn't hurt to go check out where you'll be studying and it will probably make you feel more relaxed about it. And yeah, just keep positive, don't worry about what happened last september because it doesn't matter now, just focus on making the best of the situation this time and really throw yourself in and hopefully everything will work out great - you'll be wondering why you were so worried.

(Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi saber and superwolf,

i'm in san diego at the moment. been to nyc, niagara falls, toronto, chicago, boston, washington dc, baltimore, san fransisco, lots of canyons and las vegas; i'm gking bk to san fran on sat to do another tour. i loved being here!

blue
    Wow! Nowhere down south though. :p: Sounds like a pretty awesome tour, I'm so glad you're feeling good and loving traveling.

:five: You should save it up until you have loads, then exchange it for £1 or 50p coins, then put it in a room and roll around in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :five: You should save it up until you have loads, then exchange it for £1 or 50p coins, then put it in a room and roll around in it.
    Good idea, but I'd rather have a bathtub full of £5 notes. :bath:

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, but I'd rather have a bathtub full of £5 notes. :bath:
    I guess they'd probably hurt less if you threw them into the air to shower down on you...

ReputationRep:
    :nothing: The funeral of the boy who killed himself is tomorrow, I'll be glad when this is over. It's a massive trigger for me and I currently feel like crap.

ReputationRep:
    I've never posted in this thread before... didn't realise it was here.

Anyway, I've been feeling pretty crappy today.
    I've been bursting into tears at the slightest thing and feeling really frustrated with everything. I know logically that the things I've been getting upset about aren't a big deal, but I guess it's not actually those things that I'm upset about at all.

I just feel like I'm running up the down escalator at the moment.
    I'm trying really hard to fight off depression, making a concerted effort not to slip back into any self-destructive behaviours, and yet I'm still depressed. Every day I have to fight it and it's the fight itself which is totally bringing me down now.
    I know the horrible state that I will get into if I give up fighting, but I'm just so tired, you know.

Anyway, sorry for the depressing post lol, I guess I'm just looking for a little encouragement, or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)

I've been bursting into tears at the slightest thing and feeling really frustrated with everything. I know logically that the things I've been getting upset about aren't a big deal, but I guess it's not actually those things that I'm upset about at all.

I'm trying really hard to fight off depression, making a concerted effort not to slip back into any self-destructive behaviours, and yet I'm still depressed. Every day I have to fight it and it's the fight itself which is totally bringing me down now.
    I know the horrible state that I will get into if I give up fighting, but I'm just so tired, you know.

Anyway, sorry for the depressing post lol, I guess I'm just looking for a little encouragement, or whatever.
    :hugs: Hello! We're all pretty friendly in here and depressing posts are the norm I know the feeling, it's such a struggle sometimes... but we've just got to keep on going. Have you told anyone how you're feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :nothing: The funeral of the boy who killed himself is tomorrow, I'll be glad when this is over. It's a massive trigger for me and I currently feel like crap.
    :hugs: I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling right now.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Hello! We're all pretty friendly in here and depressing posts are the norm I know the feeling, it's such a struggle sometimes... but we've just got to keep on going. Have you told anyone how you're feeling?
    Hey.
    Thanks for your response. I know I've got to keep trying, and I will. I was just venting and expressing my thought about how hard that can be sometimes, and how easy it can be to head downhill.
    And yeah I've been talking to my boyfriend about it.
    He tries his best to help but he's never had depression and finds it hard to understand what I'm going through... but knowing he's there for me helps loads. I try to focus on positive things like that.

ReputationRep:

Are you getting any help? Depression is a ***** but it's a hell of a lot harder to fight off on your own.

Oh just saw your other post. Yeah I find people who've never had it don't always understand, perhaps it's worth seeing your GP to ask for talking therapy if you want someone other than your boyfriend to open up to?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I can only imagine how awful you must be feeling right now.
    Utter ****. I didn't know him personally but suicide has just been pushed in my face so much over the last fortnight - people's opinions, condemnations, crying friends etc. and even a few 'how I'd do it' conversations (I have some very un-PC friends :o:) My head is telling me that these are the consquences of suicide - people think you're a pillock, they get angry, they don't understand. My heart keeps thinking 'Damn it that's a good plan...'

I'm seriously considering drinking myself into oblivion tonight. I feel like crap so that's probably the worst plan I've ever thought up to date, but **** it. I hate the feeling that I'm putting my life on hold. I don't want to feel like this any more. I'm just empty. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Utter ****. I didn't know him personally but suicide has just been pushed in my face so much over the last fortnight - people's opinions, condemnations, crying friends etc. and even a few 'how I'd do it' conversations (I have some very un-PC friends :o:) My head is telling me that these are the consquences of suicide - people think you're a pillock, they get angry, they don't understand. My heart keeps thinking 'Damn it that's a good plan...'

I'm seriously considering drinking myself into oblivion tonight. I feel like crap so that's probably the worst plan I've ever thought up to date, but **** it. I hate the feeling that I'm putting my life on hold. I don't want to feel like this any more. I'm just empty. :cry:
    :console: Everyone deals with things in different ways, don't worry what other people are thinking. I can see why you think it's a good plan, but erm...it's not. You just said yourself we have to keep trying and yeah suicide does end it but it also ends any chance of ever feeling better and getting on with life. I don't want to lecture you or anything, and I know you're feeling **** but try not to drink either, it doesn't help matters and can make you see things in a way that you wouldn't when you're sober.

I know the feeling about putting your life on hold and how frustrating it is, but there's usually an end to the hold somewhere. The whole school then uni then job then family thing is nice but that's not how life works for most people, most people have things which throw their plans off balance and are unavoidable. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting any help? Depression is a ***** but it's a hell of a lot harder to fight off on your own.

Oh just saw your other post. Yeah I find people who've never had it don't always understand, perhaps it's worth seeing your GP to ask for talking therapy if you want someone other than your boyfriend to open up to?
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I don't want to have therapy, I had it once before and I completely hated it to be honest. Maybe one day if I get really desperate I will try it again, but for the time being I want to cope myself... the prospect of having to go through therapy is actually a pretty good motivation to fight harder! Haha. Thanks anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I don't want to have therapy, I had it once before and I completely hated it to be honest. Maybe one day if I get really desperate I will try it again, but for the time being I want to cope myself... the prospect of having to go through therapy is actually a pretty good motivation to fight harder! Haha. Thanks anyway though.
    Ok I understand. Just a word of warning though, depression can quite quickly get out of hand and then it's very very hard to deal with yourself, so if you do notice that things are getting beyond you, please try to see someone, even if not for therapy just so like a doctor or whoever knows what's going on. But I do admire how you're trying to deal with it and I hope it works for you.

ReputationRep:
    :console: Everyone deals with things in different ways, don't worry what other people are thinking. I can see why you think it's a good plan, but erm...it's not. You just said yourself we have to keep trying and yeah suicide does end it but it also ends any chance of ever feeling better and getting on with life. I don't want to lecture you or anything, and I know you're feeling **** but try not to drink either, it doesn't help matters and can make you see things in a way that you wouldn't when you're sober.

I know the feeling about putting your life on hold and how frustrating it is, but there's usually an end to the hold somewhere. The whole school then uni then job then family thing is nice but that's not how life works for most people, most people have things which throw their plans off balance and are unavoidable. :hugs:
    I know you're right but meh. **** it all. I just want to curl up in a ball and stop being here now.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're right but meh. **** it all. I just want to curl up in a ball and stop being here now.
    Is there anything you could do to take your mind off everything? Watch a dvd, go for a run, play a game, watch tv, read a book, take a long hot bath, etc I dunno, just something to stop things going over and over in your mind.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything you could do to take your mind off everything? Watch a dvd, go for a run, play a game, watch tv, read a book, take a long hot bath, etc I dunno, just something to stop things going over and over in your mind.
    I'm going out as it's a friends birthday tonight - but most of the people in town are his friends, so they'll all be depressed and upset again. I know it's selfish to say this but it's taken over our town club 'scene' if you can call it that as he was very well known by a lot of people, who're always out. :o:

ReputationRep:
    What is the bloody point of it all?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.