Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I would quote you both but I have had 6 hours sleep in 3 days :p:. Whats up? :hugs:

Soaring highs to sinking lows today Not pleased.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to only come here when I need to rant, but there is no one else to talk to

I am feeling really bad. I have been suspended from my course because they feel I am too unwell to continue and now have to take a year out and go back in 2011. I am in and out of hospital like a yo-yo with self-harm. When I went the other day, they put me in a cubicle across from the nurses station, left the curtain open, took out all the wires and tubes from the cubicle and every time I went for a smoke, I was followed by security.

I'm under home treatment (or the crisis team, whatever you want to call them) but all I want is to be in hospital because I feel like I am a risk. I can't cope :-( I'm not coping. I constantly just want to kill myself or cut. They have talked about respite but I was in one of them last year and I ended up a lot worse. I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    Sorry to only come here when I need to rant, but there is no one else to talk to

I am feeling really bad. I have been suspended from my course because they feel I am too unwell to continue and now have to take a year out and go back in 2011. I am in and out of hospital like a yo-yo with self-harm. When I went the other day, they put me in a cubicle across from the nurses station, left the curtain open, took out all the wires and tubes from the cubicle and every time I went for a smoke, I was followed by security.

I'm under home treatment (or the crisis team, whatever you want to call them) but all I want is to be in hospital because I feel like I am a risk. I can't cope :-( I'm not coping. I constantly just want to kill myself or cut. They have talked about respite but I was in one of them last year and I ended up a lot worse. I don't know what to do.
    :hugs: Why not tell the crisis team that you want to be back in hospital? :console:

---

I'm starting to feel like **** again and I don't bloody want to go to work because it means I have to somehow manage to sleep tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)

:hugs: sorry to hear about what you're going through. I think the best thing to do is to tell people exactly how you feel and what you want. It might not work (given nhs resources etc) but that's probably the best way of going about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't had the courage or felt this bad to post yet, but tonight I really need to feel like I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. You don't need to read if you don't want to or anything it's more just me rambling.
    I think I've been depressed for just under a year now, and thats really hard to admit. I left uni last year and have been lonely and have had absolutley nothing to do for about 10 months, well I quit my job in Jan cos I couldn't cope anymore and had a breakdown, it's killing me. I can put on an act when I'm around my family but as soon as I'm on my own I just break, I've got all these things going on in my head and I can't do anything about it except feel it. For months and months I've been contemplating going to the doctors and asking for help, I actually booked an appointment once, geared myself up for it but completely chickened out and ended up asking if I could have some more contraceptive pills and lied that I ran out then they wouldn't give them to me, how embarrasing to make me feel worse. I just can't imagine telling someone everything I feel but I'm finding it harder and harder to cope on my own. And the worst thing is when it gets to this point I don't think I even want to help myself, I don't even want to feel better. Sorry if this makes other people feel worse too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleLou x)
    Hi everyone, I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't had the courage or felt this bad to post yet, but tonight I really need to feel like I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. You don't need to read if you don't want to or anything it's more just me rambling.
    I think I've been depressed for just under a year now, and thats really hard to admit. I left uni last year and have been lonely and have had absolutley nothing to do for about 10 months, well I quit my job in Jan cos I couldn't cope anymore and had a breakdown, it's killing me. I can put on an act when I'm around my family but as soon as I'm on my own I just break, I've got all these things going on in my head and I can't do anything about it except feel it. For months and months I've been contemplating going to the doctors and asking for help, I actually booked an appointment once, geared myself up for it but completely chickened out and ended up asking if I could have some more contraceptive pills and lied that I ran out then they wouldn't give them to me, how embarrasing to make me feel worse. I just can't imagine telling someone everything I feel but I'm finding it harder and harder to cope on my own. And the worst thing is when it gets to this point I don't think I even want to help myself, I don't even want to feel better. Sorry if this makes other people feel worse too
    :hugs: Seeing your doctor will really help. Would you find it easier if you wrote it down and then handed it to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Seeing your doctor will really help. Would you find it easier if you wrote it down and then handed it to them?
    Thankyou for replying :o: it probably would but will they do that? I would worry he'd just look at me like I'm stupid. I also feel like they'd think I'm faking it cos I find it hard to show just how upset I am when I'm around or in front of people, it looks like I'm just fine. I read a few of your posts, did you tell your doctor? If you did what did you say?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for replying :o: it probably would but will they do that? I would worry he'd just look at me like I'm stupid. I also feel like they'd think I'm faking it cos I find it hard to show just how upset I am when I'm around or in front of people, it looks like I'm just fine. I read a few of your posts, did you tell your doctor? If you did what did you say?
    They won't think that at all. Another alternative is to tell a friend or family member and to go in and say it for you. I find it hard to show how I feel too, but the first thing I had to do was fill out a really quick questionnaire by myself which helps you to be honest with the doctor because you don't have to speak.

I told my GP about 6 months ago, yes. I just said that my school counsellor thought I was depressed and then he obviously lead the conversation from there.

ReputationRep:
    I was sarcastic and even joked when I went to see mine. Writing stuff down is actually recommended if you find it hard, so don't worry at all. There going to have heard it all before

ReputationRep:
    blahblahblah meh.

ReputationRep:
    yeah write it down LittleLou x, sooooo much easier and it means you won't leave anything out or say something how you didn't mean to say it. I doubt they'll think your stupid, the doctor would probably realize how hard it is to tell all your feelings to someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    They won't think that at all. Another alternative is to tell a friend or family member and to go in and say it for you. I find it hard to show how I feel too, but the first thing I had to do was fill out a really quick questionnaire by myself which helps you to be honest with the doctor because you don't have to speak.

I told my GP about 6 months ago, yes. I just said that my school counsellor thought I was depressed and then he obviously lead the conversation from there.
    Oh I see, can I ask you has anything changed for you since you told your GP? Do you have to have any therapy or pills prescribed?

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I was sarcastic and even joked when I went to see mine. Writing stuff down is actually recommended if you find it hard, so don't worry at all. There going to have heard it all before
    Yeah thats quite a comforting thought, thankyou. I'm sure there's people who go in there and have mental breakdowns, which will probably be me I think I'll have to use some kind of sarcasm too! Can I ask you the same as I asked Steffi? What happened since? You both might give me the courage to toughen up and go :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats quite a comforting thought, thankyou. I'm sure there's people who go in there and have mental breakdowns, which will probably be me I think I'll have to use some kind of sarcasm too! Can I ask you the same as I asked Steffi? What happened since? You both might give me the courage to toughen up and go :o:
    I was told to come back in 2 weeks to see how I was doing, when I did I was referred to counselling and offered anti-depressants which I refused at the time.

I went there and was referred to a psychiatrist but in the mean time I tried to hang myself so was on the verge of being sectioned and basically given anti-depressants and some talking therapy which I need to sort out.

I went far too late and so I couldn't get too see a psychiatrist in time before I cracked, it is worth seeing your GP asap and get the ball rolling :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, can I ask you has anything changed for you since you told your GP? Do you have to have any therapy or pills prescribed?

Yep, I was referred to a psychiatrist and for talking therapy and am on 20mg fluoxetine (Prozac). Things have improved a little in the 6 weeks or so I've been on the meds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    yeah write it down LittleLou x, sooooo much easier and it means you won't leave anything out or say something how you didn't mean to say it. I doubt they'll think your stupid, the doctor would probably realize how hard it is to tell all your feelings to someone.
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I was told to come back in 2 weeks to see how I was doing, when I did I was referred to counselling and offered anti-depressants which I refused at the time.

I went there and was referred to a psychiatrist but in the mean time I tried to hang myself so was on the verge of being sectioned and basically given anti-depressants and some talking therapy which I need to sort out.

I went far too late and so I couldn't get too see a psychiatrist in time before I cracked, it is worth seeing your GP asap and get the ball rolling :yep:
    Thankyou both, and I'm really sorry to hear that idiotfinder I hope your doing much better now. Does your medication help? I will have a go at writing it down, would you suggest anything for feeling down in the meantime? I get myself a bit worked up and don't know how to handle myself to feel better or get relaxed again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy798)
    blahblahblah meh.
    What's up?

I will have a go at writing it down, would you suggest anything for feeling down in the meantime? I get myself a bit worked up and don't know how to handle myself to feel better or get relaxed again
    Try to keep busy. Not so busy that you completely tire yourself and hate everything, but busy doing things you enjoy so that you don't have as much time to focus on how you're feeling. Exercise is a particularly good idea, baking/cooking can be fun, or just chilling out watching dvds with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    What's up?
    Feeling more lethargic than depressed. Lonely, because most my friends are on holiday or with their boyfriends and bored, because there is nothing to do. My 18th birthday is coming up and I don't feel like seeing people or celebrating (which I know i'll regret)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy798)
    Feeling more lethargic than depressed. Lonely, because most my friends are on holiday or with their boyfriends and bored, because there is nothing to do. My 18th birthday is coming up and I don't feel like seeing people or celebrating (which I know i'll regret)
    Ok, what do you like to do? There are plenty of things you can do on your own to pass the time, even possibly try new things. If you play an instrument that's fairly solitary for practicing, if you don't you could give it a go, or learn a language, get fit at the gym etc, having friends around obviously makes a lot of things easier but it doesn't mean that there aren't things to do without them. I don't know what kind of things you're into.

As for your birthday, meh, I did nothing for mine, I don't regret it (then again there was nothing I could really do for mine, in the traditional sense). If you don't want to do anything don't force yourself to just because you're "meant" to do something for your birthday. I'm sure you'll have lots more of them when you might actually feel like doing something.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.