Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Anything else you could do? Dunno if you're up for it but some universities offer night classes in various stuff like a few hours or less a week. It's usually pretty informal and low pressure so might be worth looking if any university near you has anything that might interest you. Also lots of colleges offer different things. If you're worried about funding it, you could possibly claim it as training for employment as most these courses offer some kind of qualification/certificate at the end. It would be a lot less stress than uni and wouldn't stop you returning to uni at a later date.
    Good idea, I might look into that. I don't suppose classes would start for another month or so anyway, so gives me plenty of time to think about it. The only thing is I'm not sure how it would affect my benefits, don't want to lose them when I've only just started getting them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Good idea, I might look into that. I don't suppose classes would start for another month or so anyway, so gives me plenty of time to think about it. The only thing is I'm not sure how it would affect my benefits, don't want to lose them when I've only just started getting them. :p:
    You could ask your CPN to ask, or ask yourself, at the job centre. I don't think it would make you lose them because it's not employment, if anything it's training which, afaik, the benefits people do often fund (though not always). Even if they won't actually fund the course, it shouldn't be too much, and I don't think it would affect your benefits as even if you're studying a university course full time you can still get certain benefits.

You could ask your CPN to ask, or ask yourself, at the job centre. I don't think it would make you lose them because it's not employment, if anything it's training which, afaik, the benefits people do often fund (though not always). Even if they won't actually fund the course, it shouldn't be too much, and I don't think it would affect your benefits as even if you're studying a university course full time you can still get certain benefits.
    You can't get JSA for sure if you're in full time education not sure about ESA though

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: Why do I have no energy or motivation today? The only thing I want to do is cry.

ReputationRep:
    Had a nice evening with friends; meal out followed by the pub.

Sometimes when I have alcohol it makes me immensely depressed the next day... not wanting to risk that atm I only had 2 drinks. I can't afford more anyway, so ****** for money.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I'm starting to forget how to just relax and allow myself to be happy and enjoy things, it's not good.... but starting with tonight hopefully I'll re-learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    You can't get JSA for sure if you're in full time education not sure about ESA though
    I dunno about ESA but you can get the disability ones, and I used full time education as an example of a course which you can still get certain benefits on even though it's full time. An evening college/uni course like I was talking about isn't full time or anywhere near so isn't in the same group. I probably didn't explain too well. :o:

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: feeling bad...like there is no escape from this feeling, like life is just one big rollercoster of emotions, I wish I could just get a grip, my health is starting to become affected now...

ReputationRep:
    :nothing: I don't feel any better. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :nothing: I don't feel any better. Sigh.
    :console: Have you tried listening to music? That sometimes helps me.

ReputationRep:
    Halfway through a bottle of vodka.

I expect to carry on and wake up to an array of negs and warning messages for my offensive behaviour, awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :console: Have you tried listening to music? That sometimes helps me.
    Not in the mood. I'm so tired but I can't sleep. My arm/wrist ******* hurts now (stupid ******** me, that's my own fault) and all I want to do is talk to one person who I know is probably fed up with my whining right now. So I won't bother trying to contact them. Besides, they told me before that if I self harm again and they find out, they'll stop talking to me all together... :/

ReputationRep:
    Not in the mood. I'm so tired but I can't sleep. My arm/wrist ******* hurts now (stupid ******** me, that's my own fault) and all I want to do is talk to one person who I know is probably fed up with my whining right now. So I won't bother trying to contact them. Besides, they told me before that if I self harm again and they find out, they'll stop talking to me all together... :/
    :hugs: One set back doesn't mean you won't be able to stop one day :console:

That's not the best thing for them to have said to you but is there anyone else you could talk to? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: One set back doesn't mean you won't be able to stop one day :console:

That's not the best thing for them to have said to you but is there anyone else you could talk to? :console:
    Well... I think they meant it in an encouraging way. Thing is, when I try and broach the subject they get a bit huffy and so I stop talking about it. No-one else that's awake at this time, no.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I think they meant it in an encouraging way. Thing is, when I try and broach the subject they get a bit huffy and so I stop talking about it. No-one else that's awake at this time, no.
    :hugs: You can always try helplines (e.g. NHS Direct etc) to have someone professional talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Feel really ******* ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's bad that I feel quite peaceful this morning, isn't it? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, just wanted to say thankyou to certain people on here who helped me the other day, I've been spending the last few days trying to sort everything out and this morning I actually woke up feeling a lot more better. I hope your all ok x

ReputationRep:
    Feel really ******* ****.
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: What's up?
    Last night it was the fact that I'm completely useless socially, so if I was to ever get a job (unlikely anyone would hire me) no one would get on with me where the job was. I've had 3 jobs so far and this happened in all of them - when we weren't busy and managers weren't about everyone would stand together joking and laughing and talking and I'd be over there -------> on my own unable to join in. Or when we were busy people would be friendly and encourage/help each other. I basically stand on my own and do as I'm told for 8 hours then go home. I know working isn't meant to be fun but there is generally some kind of social interaction happening which makes it bearable for people. I know it's early to think about that, but I have one year of uni left (being on my own, everyone else getting along) then I have 40 years of working (being on my own, everyone getting along), it seems a bit depressing to think about.

Today it's the fact that I want to go swimming but I still feel too fat and too [can't remember the word...."anxious about new places/experiences" (haven't been to this pool before)] to go.

ReputationRep:
    Last night it was the fact that I'm completely useless socially, so if I was to ever get a job (unlikely anyone would hire me) no one would get on with me where the job was. I've had 3 jobs so far and this happened in all of them - when we weren't busy and managers weren't about everyone would stand together joking and laughing and talking and I'd be over there -------> on my own unable to join in. Or when we were busy people would be friendly and encourage/help each other. I basically stand on my own and do as I'm told for 8 hours then go home. I know working isn't meant to be fun but there is generally some kind of social interaction happening which makes it bearable for people. I know it's early to think about that, but I have one year of uni left (being on my own, everyone else getting along) then I have 40 years of working (being on my own, everyone getting along), it seems a bit depressing to think about.

Today it's the fact that I want to go swimming but I still feel too fat and too [can't remember the word...."anxious about new places/experiences" (haven't been to this pool before)] to go.
    :hugs: You will find somewhere where you fit in, everyone does. :console:

As for the swimming, you probably won't get over either of those fears until you go but that's the hard part. :console:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.