Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    My keyworker was talking about hospital admission today, due to my thoughts of self harm and my "track record" in this area.
    In the end we came to an agreement that he would take my tablets and I would call back if I was going to do anything.

Once you get admitted voluntarily, how "easy" is it to get out again? Would it just be a one night stay? Can you leave when you want?
    It depends if they feel you are a threat to yourself, if they feel you are then you won't be allowed and if you do try you would be sectioned I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Even though i dont think I feel depressed now I still want to SH whenever stressed or whenever I drink (which isnt often) argh
    I hope everyone's okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Even though i dont think I feel depressed now I still want to SH whenever stressed or whenever I drink (which isnt often) argh
    I hope everyone's okay :hugs:
    That's (partly) why I stopped drinking. :hugs:

Apart from feeling a massive amount of dread in the morning I have been feeling mainly okay in the days over the last week or so which has been a nice break

I feel like ****, to be honest. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Depression is something i had severely in October. It is the most gut wrenching thing. What I did was got help from anyone and everyone. Don't feel like you have any sense of pride. Feeling happy is the most important thing in the world. Your health and your happiness. Doesn't mean everyone has to know. Im ok now but I have down days. Everybody does. =). Vitamortis. You can talk to anybody on here about it and I guarantee they will give u the time of day.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody meant to be working over my friends charity memorial run. Can't decide whether to try and swap shifts (for a Saturday night shift, or Sunday night) and keep my paltry hours or see if I can just find someone to take my shift instead of me and lose £40+ worth of pay. :sigh: I'm such a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I've never suffered with panic attacks before - now I'm worried that's next on the list. I absolutely dread going into work these days; I just feel so overwhelmed, which definitely can't be normal. I normally work with the manager or another girl who both supervise and are lovely, but they're off at the moment for the summer. During this time, the boss comes in to cover. And she makes me really nervous and I just generally don't like her, so am dreading having to work with her (which I'm going to have to until the end of the month). I shouldn't be panicking so much over something that hasn't even happened yet or that I've had to deal with.

I have work tomorrow and have been feeling nervous throughout most of the evening, and probably will be even more scared tomorrow. I really don't know why I'm feeling so nervous, or how to stop it. I just don't want to have to go through with it, which is ridiculous, because I know I can't avoid it. I wouldn't want to get in her bad books by ringing in sick or something when I'm not, anyway (not that she'd know - more for my own conscience). But it's absolutely going to suck more life out of me if I'm like this till the end of the month...

ReputationRep:
    **** this world, I think its time to see if the next is any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    :hugs:

I'd ask what's wrong, but I think it's more important now that you try to be as calm as possible. It may feel like just ending everything could make things better, but there are always other options. And there's always the potential for you to look forward to something again, as well as for things in this world to actually make you happy.

I don't want to waffle on when you're feeling this way and time is probably precious, and I know you've probably made up your own mind and thought about things regardless. But even if you feel like you've tried everything, there's always another way.

ReputationRep:

Hey man, whats up? Anything you want to talk about, or, is it just a generally bad day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)

I'd ask what's wrong, but I think it's more important now that you try to be as calm as possible. It may feel like just ending everything could make things better, but there are always other options. And there's always the potential for you to look forward to something again, as well as for things in this world to actually make you happy.

I don't want to waffle on when you're feeling this way and time is probably precious, and I know you've probably made up your own mind and thought about things regardless. But even if you feel like you've tried everything, there's always another way.
    I have drank a pint of vodka which probably is not helping things lol.

I don't even have a way to do it :facepalm2:, neck is still too painful from last time for a noose, not enough tablets in the bathroom, cutting is ineffective.

How are you anyway?

I'm fed up of all these CONSTANT pressures, when I gain the strength to complete one task I'm immediately faced with another thing. They all seem small but recently everything has felt like an enormous amount of effort.
    Oh yeah and I'm fat.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm starting to get fed up with the fight.

I don't even have a way to do it :facepalm2:, neck is still too painful from last time for a noose, not enough tablets in the bathroom, cutting is ineffective.

How are you anyway?

Don't bother with the noose. Someone I know tried numerous times trying to hang themself, and how they've completely ****** his gag reflex as he survived. If you feel like commiting suicide again, please just give NHS direct a ring and ask for just a chat. They are so nice and will help you through the phase. Don't do anything like that if you can help it :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    The talking therapy thingy lady came over yesterday. Talked about how basically I feel as **** as ever :nothing: I've got to meet a friend at 12pm and I'm really nervous about it :erm:

I can't even distract myself with the internet because my laptop's getting fixed (this is my brother's, which just happens to be more broken than mine :erm:). :emo: I just want to hide.

ReputationRep:

How are you anyway?
    No, it really isn't. I probably don't need to tell you to avoid drinking, but it's definitely easier said than done... seems like such a quick fix sometimes. I have to get loads of willpower not to give in myself. And I agree with the fact that a noose can cause all kinds of problems - and harming yourself through cutting etc. will ultimately make you feel worse. I guess this is all words to you if you genuinely feel bad enough to want to end it. I would definitely suggest ringing someone like the NHS direct as has been suggested, or even the Samaritans.

:hugs: I hope you get through feeling so awful.

--

Work at 11am. I'm actually starting to feel physically sick already. This is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Do what Loz said and call NHS Direct :console: Things are gonna improve and you are gonna be the leader of the navy person :hmmm: :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Well I feel like **** today. Like, physically, feel like ****. I woke up and tried to walk to the bathroom and fell over a few times... Feels like I'm drunk... and I feel quite sick

I feel like **** today. No idea why. I have to leave for work in an hour and I'm still in bed. I can't face getting up anymore :sad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.