Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yep, another one also feeling like **** today, too . It's one thing after another

ReputationRep:
    Back from meeting up with a friend. It went fine until I suddenly got really panicky and almost burst into tears. Just glad I can hide for the rest of the day now.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone, I'm back on TSR... I've been travelling with family for the past month and it was good for me because I was able to distract myself.

Now, I'm back at home where my family doesn't really understand my condition but they (especially Mum) do try to make sure I'm alright and that I'm eating right as well, although I have lost nearly half a stone in less than ten days which is a little scary.

Because of the time difference, it's the wee hours of the morning here, where I am. I miss talking to my boyfriend, counsellor and doctor. I find it hard to talk to my family about how I'm feeling sometimes because I already find it hard to open up to the three people who know about my condition inside out. I'm not really ready to open up to my family just yet.

I just want to curl up into a ball and weep. Oh, right, I have done that. Several times for the past week. I can't sleep at night at all and always only fall asleep at 5 or 6 am in the morning after having been tossing and turning in bed for a few hours.

I miss my boyfriend and it's making me depressed as well. He's been away travelling with his two mates for the past three weeks, so I haven't been talking to him either.

And I hate myself for not being in the right state of mind to enjoy spending time with my family especially when I don't see them for most of the year. I feel like a right selfish ***** and I hate it. I hate myself.

I just want to curl up and give up and sleep. I'm soo soo tired that sometimes I just wish that I will not ever wake up, because I can't deal with myself. But, of course, this is silly of me.

ReputationRep:
    Beginning to think my cpn is a total ******* idiot. Told her today I was worried about getting depressed again in the future, and her response was pretty much just 'yeah well, that might happen.' Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear everyone's feeling so bad. Has anyone considered cognitive behavioural therapy? I was recommended it by someone and it apparently is good and a more natural help than medicine.

Anyway, my worst time was last winter and I've been improving since then, but I have to ask, I know it sounds awful, but does anyone else feel more depressed when they stay sober? I see some people here feel worse when they drink but I'm the opposite. I've been trying to have a break from drinking but it's like I have something to look forward to in the evening and I suppose my body gets used to it after the same pattern of behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiousity, has there ever been an incident on TSR where someone talking about suicide has actually done it. If so how did everyone on here find out and what was the reaction of the people on here?

Random question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    just out of curiousity, has there ever been an incident on TSR where someone talking about suicide has actually done it. If so how did everyone on here find out and what was the reaction of the people on here?

Random question
    I think a user killed himself, however it was (as far as I remember (unless my memory is making this up...)) a while after he left TSR. Can't think of anyone else doing it where it's then become known - in all likelihood, given the number of suicide threads, someone probably has talked about it then killed him/herself.

(Original post by Botticello)
    Anyway, my worst time was last winter and I've been improving since then, but I have to ask, I know it sounds awful, but does anyone else feel more depressed when they stay sober? I see some people here feel worse when they drink but I'm the opposite. I've been trying to have a break from drinking but it's like I have something to look forward to in the evening and I suppose my body gets used to it after the same pattern of behaviour.
    Yeah I tend to feel a fair bit better if I'm drunk. It's a bit of a two edged sword though, you drink a bit and feel happy drunk but then you drink several bottles of vodka every week for a couple of months and you don't tend to get the happy drunk feeling then.

ReputationRep:
    Ergh...feeling ****. Feel like I haven't posted here in a while but can't really remember anything, and too lazy to check, so **** it. Got an email saying to enroll online for university. goddamnit to hell. :nothing:

(Original post by superwolf)
    Beginning to think my cpn is a total ******* idiot. Told her today I was worried about getting depressed again in the future, and her response was pretty much just 'yeah well, that might happen.' Thanks for that.
    Mine had a phrase; "self-fulfilling prophecy" which she liked saying in response to anything I ever said. Oh actually, it fits here. :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Random question
    I think a few have attempted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Sorry to hear everyone's feeling so bad. Has anyone considered cognitive behavioural therapy? I was recommended it by someone and it apparently is good and a more natural help than medicine.

I find drinking makes me more sarcastic and I will laugh more, but usually at things I should not be laughing at..

ReputationRep:
    I want to be held tonight, and fall asleep in someone's arms. That's all. I don't feel sad, I don't feel happy, I just want to feel safe. I don't feel safe...

ReputationRep:

Random question
    There was a guy a year or so back who frequented the IB/Economics/Maths forums, had a job in the city but lost it when the recession hit so he jumped off a building... There was a massive thread, which had to be pruned excessively. Mainly people were sad but there were equal amounts of 'what a ****' style comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I want to be held tonight, and fall asleep in someone's arms. That's all. I don't feel sad, I don't feel happy, I just want to feel safe. I don't feel safe...
    :hugs:

Whats made you feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    :hugs:

Whats made you feel like this?
    Dunno. I've been feeling off all day, really dizzy and woozy at times when I sit down, think it's just general ness. Plus everyone - literally, bar two people - I know is on holiday or working 9 to 5 jobs atm so I haven't really seen people recently.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. I've been feeling off all day, really dizzy and woozy at times when I sit down, think it's just general ness. Plus everyone - literally, bar two people - I know is on holiday or working 9 to 5 jobs atm so I haven't really seen people recently.
    Have you been eating enough?

I am the same tbh, have you met up with the two you can?

ReputationRep:
    Have you been eating enough?

I am the same tbh, have you met up with the two you can?
    I've been eating like a literal pig It's been awful. Things that I wouldn't normally eat - chocolate, crisps, snacky bits, biscuits - them and full meals. Been too scared to weigh myself I nearly passed out this morning when I went looking for an envelope to send something in and jumped up on a swivel chair to look on top of our counter. :dontknow:

I've texted them both, but neither got back to me.

ReputationRep:
    I've been eating like a literal pig It's been awful. Things that I wouldn't normally eat - chocolate, crisps, snacky bits, biscuits - them and full meals. Been too scared to weigh myself I nearly passed out this morning when I went looking for an envelope to send something in and jumped up on a swivel chair to look on top of our counter. :dontknow:

I've texted them both, but neither got back to me.
    Sound strange, that should not be happening.

When did you do it? Might not have read it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Sound strange, that should not be happening.

When did you do it? Might not have read it yet?
    Nope. I wondered if it could be something to do with my meds? Two weeks tomorrow - side effect maybe? Mmm.

Sent them before I started work at 8, so they've had plenty of time to read and reply :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I wondered if it could be something to do with my meds? Two weeks tomorrow - side effect maybe? Mmm.

Sent them before I started work at 8, so they've had plenty of time to read and reply :sigh:
    Yeah that might explain it.

Someone text me at 8 about playing football and my phone was upstairs and I never read it until an hour ago, so it is possible :p:

ReputationRep:

Random question
    :zomg: Not that I've heard of (and I come on here an awful lot). Would be sad if that did happen :sad:

Nice to know you're still with us . You seem to like coming and going on TSR every so often, I sometimes wonder if you're OK.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.