Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm absolutely heartbroken at the moment and I have a reason.It's a long time since I can honestly say I have one reason I can narrow down to why I feel so depressed(apart from confidence and weight ****.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I'm absolutely heartbroken at the moment and I have a reason.It's a long time since I can honestly say I have one reason I can narrow down to why I feel so depressed(apart from confidence and weight ****.)
    :hugs: Aww, would you like to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Sorry to hear everyone's feeling so bad. Has anyone considered cognitive behavioural therapy? I was recommended it by someone and it apparently is good and a more natural help than medicine.

Anyway, my worst time was last winter and I've been improving since then, but I have to ask, I know it sounds awful, but does anyone else feel more depressed when they stay sober? I see some people here feel worse when they drink but I'm the opposite. I've been trying to have a break from drinking but it's like I have something to look forward to in the evening and I suppose my body gets used to it after the same pattern of behaviour.
    I go to my counsellor whenever I feel bad, although, at the moment, I'm in a different country for the summer and the only people whom I could talk to are back in the UK.

What do you do in cognitive behavioural therapy? I've heard about this, but don't really know what you actually do within the session.

I haven't been drinking for two months, ever since I started on anti-depressants... I thought you're not meant to drink while you're on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :zomg: Not that I've heard of (and I come on here an awful lot). Would be sad if that did happen :sad:

Nice to know you're still with us . You seem to like coming and going on TSR every so often, I sometimes wonder if you're OK.
    Yeah I'm fine thanks. I do come on here every so often but I am quite busy at the moment, how are you?

(Original post by haidoreru)
    :hugs: Aww, would you like to talk about it?
    Not right now :sad: it's too new a wound but eventually :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Not right now :sad: it's too new a wound but eventually :hugs:
    Oh alright... I know you don't know me, since I don't come on this thread often but... PM me if you ever feel like talking! Sometimes, it helps to talk to a stranger, who can sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday and today I have strongly felt like being by myself.
    Not just because I want to but because I'm so detached at the moment that I feel it's cruel of me to inflict my company on my boyfriend or my father. They shouldn't have to be brought down by monosyllabic answers and a blank expression when they try to talk to me.

ReputationRep:
    My mum is going away this weekend, tomorrow afternoon until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm very very tempted to get as pissed as possible Sunday night.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    My mum is going away this weekend, tomorrow afternoon until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm very very tempted to get as pissed as possible Sunday night.
    Please don't.....don't make me come there to stop you! :unimpressed:
    Have maybe a bottle or two but maybe have someone round and make it a social thing? Please don't have more than one or two bottles though I don't think it's sensible seeing as you had those other bad experiences with drinking previously :console:

ReputationRep:
    Saw the psychiatrist this morning. He wanted me to up the fluoxetine to 40mg and then ended up saying it was my decision ('cause results day is so soon so that could be affecting how I feel). I still feel ****, whatever my mother says. However I got loads of books out of the library to waste the next week on. I haven't though about results in a whole hour haha.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone found St John's wort to be helpful in improving mood and anxiety?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Yeah I'm fine thanks. I do come on here every so often but I am quite busy at the moment, how are you?
    I'm fine, thanks for asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp6028)
    has anyone found St John's wort to be helpful in improving mood and anxiety?
    I tried this before over the past year, in two different sessions lasting for a few months, didn't really work though . I pretty much just felt the same and it seemed like a real waste of money :sigh:. I used the Holland and Barretts own brand tablets, so I dunno if something else would be better or not :dontknow:. That's just me though, maybe you'll have more luck? You don't know till you try.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I'm kinda dreading results day too . Ah well, I don't think I did well, and whatever happens, I'm most probably quitting sixth form as I can't take it anymore and need out right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    OMG, I'm kinda dreading results day too . Ah well, I don't think I did well, and whatever happens, I'm most probably quitting sixth form as I can't take it anymore and need out right now.
    :hugs: Good luck. I'm hating the wait. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: Good luck. I'm hating the wait. :cry:
    Thanks :hugs:. You never know, you might have done better than you expected . If you're worried though, best not to think about it too much, since you can't really do anything about it between now and next Thursday :erm:. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Please don't.....don't make me come there to stop you! :unimpressed:
    Have maybe a bottle or two but maybe have someone round and make it a social thing? Please don't have more than one or two bottles though I don't think it's sensible seeing as you had those other bad experiences with drinking previously :console:
    Join me? :p:
    I'm fed up of having to justify my lack of drinking to my friends. I've told a few people that I'm on meds, but then they want to know which ones :rolleyes: I just want to be normal. Bahhhhhhh.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Join me? :p:
    I'm fed up of having to justify my lack of drinking to my friends. I've told a few people that I'm on meds, but then they want to know which ones :rolleyes: I just want to be normal. Bahhhhhhh.
    I hate that! I had friends like that were like "whyyy" some of the time was due to meds, some of was due to choice :dontknow: It doesn't affect them so they should just leave you be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I hate that! I had friends like that were like "whyyy" some of the time was due to meds, some of was due to choice :dontknow: It doesn't affect them so they should just leave you be
    A few of them don't seem to get it, at all. I stopped drinking about 3 weeks before I went on the meds out of choice - after I had another incredibly bad night where I felt so suicidal it was unbearable again - and even then they were buying me shots and alcoholic drinks when we were out. Sigh.

Having a very large 'what is the ******* point :indiff:' moment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sauce)
    mmm, thankfully my housemates seem to understand when I'm not feeling social or such, and I've never had to explain to them, which is good though I did find out that my closest housemate suffers anxiety and claustrophobia, and isn't too keen on busy social situations (which massively surprised me - partly because he regularly plays/sings in front of thousands), so hey, it can happen to anyone :unsure:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.