Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    The psychiatrist seemed to agree with her. Everyone thinks they know how I feel better than I do. Whatever happens on Thursday, nothing will change. I will most likely up it to 40mg after Thursday but I'm going to London with some friends (which I am dreading) on the Friday so I don't want to do it until after that (will I have the side effects again? :erm:)

I think it's caused by stress and starting to read fiction again. I didn't realise it was a vampire novel until I'd started it and by then the ****** up dreams had started
    Yeah that's bloody annoying when people think that. You'd probably get more side effects, but I don't think it's definite from what I remember. If you do go to uni it might be an idea to try to get things a bit more sorted before you go. I'm not trying to rush you, just that no sleep obviously isn't good and if you're just starting uni then no sleep etc is even worse. Might be worth bearing in mind when deciding about what to do about stuff. I'm not saying you shouldn't go to London or anything (actually I think you should), just that if things don't feel better after results day then you shouldn't leave stuff for weeks or anything (which I guess you know). That's why I'm trying to get to see this new psychiatrist - try to sort things out at least a little before uni again.

Obvious answer....don't read scary books? :p: Sorry yeah you know that. Have you tried reading Terry Pratchett books? Very entertaining and not scary at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna sit and cry in a ball I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah that's bloody annoying when people think that. You'd probably get more side effects, but I don't think it's definite from what I remember. If you do go to uni it might be an idea to try to get things a bit more sorted before you go. I'm not trying to rush you, just that no sleep obviously isn't good and if you're just starting uni then no sleep etc is even worse. Might be worth bearing in mind when deciding about what to do about stuff. I'm not saying you shouldn't go to London or anything (actually I think you should), just that if things don't feel better after results day then you shouldn't leave stuff for weeks or anything (which I guess you know). That's why I'm trying to get to see this new psychiatrist - try to sort things out at least a little before uni again.

Obvious answer....don't read scary books? :p: Sorry yeah you know that. Have you tried reading Terry Pratchett books? Very entertaining and not scary at all.
    Yeah. I will sleep, I'm tired from waking up after messed up dreams anyway, but my sleep will still be messed up :sigh: As you can probably tell by my awfully put together sentences :sigh:

:hugs: That's a good idea, hopefully they'll be better than the last one :yep:

It's not that scary but it is very gripping (though I don't have the energy to read today). Terry Pratchett's not really the sort of thing I like. :sigh: I have loads of other books to get through anyway.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I'm gonna sit and cry in a ball I think.
    What's up :hugs:?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    eugh, I can barely move :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    What's up :hugs:?
    Decided to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Bad idea. :cry:

Decided to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Bad idea. :cry:
    Awww hun Never seen it! But I did wikipedia it and it looked hardcore :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to get horribly drunk

(Original post by _Andrew_)
    I just want to get horribly drunk
    The come down isn't worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Awww hun Never seen it! But I did wikipedia it and it looked hardcore :hugs:
    I'm only half way through (damn Mega video with it's 72 minute allowance...) and haven't really got to the bad bits yet... Tis all fun and jokes atm... But still. Argh. I have a stupid idea in my head that if I keep exposing myself to this sort of stuff then I'll stop being so affected by it. It's not working.

I'm home alone until Wednesday afternoon... ****. The suicidal thoughts are creeping back in again fast and hard, alongside the self harm ones... :sad: I don't want pills, I don't want therapists, I don't want secrets, I don't want scars and scratches and cuts any more, I want to be a normal, happy and healthy 20 year old who's looking forward to uni and starting the 'rest' of her life, not looking into the past and relying on other people all the time. I've stopped telling my friends that I feel like **** because they always ask why and then I don't want to explain. I bug them too much. Grahhh.

I'm only half way through (damn Mega video with it's 72 minute allowance...) and haven't really got to the bad bits yet... Tis all fun and jokes atm... But still. Argh. I have a stupid idea in my head that if I keep exposing myself to this sort of stuff then I'll stop being so affected by it. It's not working.

I'm home alone until Wednesday afternoon... ****. The suicidal thoughts are creeping back in again fast and hard, alongside the self harm ones... :sad: I don't want pills, I don't want therapists, I don't want secrets, I don't want scars and scratches and cuts any more, I want to be a normal, happy and healthy 20 year old who's looking forward to uni and starting the 'rest' of her life, not looking into the past and relying on other people all the time. I've stopped telling my friends that I feel like **** because they always ask why and then I don't want to explain. I bug them too much. Grahhh.
    :hugs: awww At least you have a free house? I'm sure you don't bug your friends and I can relate to the frustration of people asking why you feel crap and not being able to pintpoint why. Or not wanting to divulge the information. If i was closer to you I would offer to come over and distract you with awesome shiny things :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :hugs: awww At least you have a free house? I'm sure you don't bug your friends and I can relate to the frustration of people asking why you feel crap and not being able to pintpoint why. Or not wanting to divulge the information. If i was closer to you I would offer to come over and distract you with awesome shiny things :awesome:
    I hate being alone. I've been on my own for one day and the house is already a pig sty. When it's just me, it's just me and my thoughts, and then bad things happen :/

I hate being alone. I've been on my own for one day and the house is already a pig sty. When it's just me, it's just me and my thoughts, and then bad things happen :/
    Could you not go out with friends :hugs:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Could you not go out with friends :hugs:?
    Meant to be going for a drink tonight (and to get the rota for this week) but tbh I am very tempted to cancel and just phone work. Sigh. Stupid ****** up brain.

Meant to be going for a drink tonight (and to get the rota for this week) but tbh I am very tempted to cancel and just phone work. Sigh. Stupid ****** up brain.
    I think you should go out as staying in is obviously a bad environment for you at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    The come down isn't worth it

I know : I had too much to drink last night as wel, and then ended up feeling terrible this morning ( although, a part of this could be attributed to a hangover )
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Thanks and nope, no one.
    That's not good - I think you're very brave!!

But you still have schoolmates etc you can hang out with / go places etc? Or are they not able to relate to what you're going through?

hope TSR is helping you - everyone seems supportive on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I think you should go out as staying in is obviously a bad environment for you at the moment.
    I'm going out at 8... :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Spent 3 hours at a police station for saving a guy from 4 guys with glass bottles and chairs. That will be the last time I try keep the peace.

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Spent 3 hours at a police station for saving a guy from 4 guys with glass bottles and chairs. That will be the last time I try keep the peace.
    guh thats ****! My OH had to spent a night in the cells after protecting a member of the public from being kicked in the head and defending himself with a push :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.