Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    :hugs: Anything in particular that you're worried about? Which uni are you off to?
    Off to Oxford..... Brookes to do English/Japanese. :yep:

I think mainly the social aspect: not that I'm a complete hermit but 'clubbing' and such really isn't my thing: or rather, how I'll seemingly be expected to drink copious amounts of booze (can't stand the stuff), etc.

Also, I was meant to have been on a gap year but then the economy decided to get depressed too so no jobs for me I had thought about well... self-harm at some points and it hasn't been a great year for our family (1 death+mum's redundancy but she has a job now) on top of having hardly any friends around this year.

There are other things but I don't want to publicly post them...

-----> (aim)

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crying. I don't know what's wrong with me. I tried to get up and go to college today and I just couldn't. I felt so scared for no reason. I didn't even feel awake, I felt dead inside my head, like I was thinking but my thoughts weren't actually coming to me. I've missed 4 days of college in the last week. I don't go anywhere or talk to anyone or do anything. I had a doctor's appointment today and I couldn't get up. WTF is this? I had no energy to get up it was like my body and mind was frozen. I'm so confused right now and so sad. I can't trust myself anymore. Everyone hates me and thinks I'm being lazy. I hate myself. It shouldn't be this hard. I'm not even living. I feel like I could sleep forever and still be tired afterwards. I don't know what this is, I've never been so confused and tired and numb and sad at the same time.

I hope you're all ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I feel like crying. I don't know what's wrong with me. I tried to get up and go to college today and I just couldn't. I felt so scared for no reason. I didn't even feel awake, I felt dead inside my head, like I was thinking but my thoughts weren't actually coming to me. I've missed 4 days of college in the last week. I don't go anywhere or talk to anyone or do anything. I had a doctor's appointment today and I couldn't get up. WTF is this? I had no energy to get up it was like my body and mind was frozen. I'm so confused right now and so sad. I can't trust myself anymore. Everyone hates me and thinks I'm being lazy. I hate myself. It shouldn't be this hard. I'm not even living. I feel like I could sleep forever and still be tired afterwards. I don't know what this is, I've never been so confused and tired and numb and sad at the same time.

I hope you're all ok.
    know the feeling. have you been to your GP about it? may be time to try another anti depressant. why were you going to the doctor today, something important?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I honestly don't understand some people. One minute theyre up and living life and the next claiming to be all sad and depressed. it doesn't make sense but meh.

I feel a bit **** today but thats nothing new.
    Thats because the average person grossly underestimates what depression is.

I'm ok at the moment. Finally coming to terms with the fact that the only person that can help me is me. Parents been going to the docs asking them what they should do about my self harming etc.

Im just trying to keep busy every day. No job, no school...its very difficult to get out the house but Im trying to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisRoyalMudgesty)
    Off to Oxford..... Brookes to do English/Japanese. :yep:

I think mainly the social aspect: not that I'm a complete hermit but 'clubbing' and such really isn't my thing: or rather, how I'll seemingly be expected to drink copious amounts of booze (can't stand the stuff), etc.

Also, I was meant to have been on a gap year but then the economy decided to get depressed too so no jobs for me I had thought about well... self-harm at some points and it hasn't been a great year for our family (1 death+mum's redundancy but she has a job now) on top of having hardly any friends around this year.

There are other things but I don't want to publicly post them...

-----> (aim)
    Congrats!

Despite what you may see on tv, a lot of students don't drink that much. In Oxford, particularly, there're a lot of social opportunities which don't involve alcohol or clubbing.

:hugs: Hopefully it will all be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    know the feeling. have you been to your GP about it? may be time to try another anti depressant. why were you going to the doctor today, something important?
    No, it was just a routine appointment. It might have been an appointment with my psychologist. I can never remember who the appointments are with. *sigh*
    And is it GP worthy? I thought it would just go away with time. But gah, feel like **** and I shouldn't feel like ****. So I probably should go. Can't imagine leaving the house atm though.

How are you feeling today? I'm happy for you getting your rabbits! They're so cute!

ReputationRep:
    All my friends have gone round to one of my mates tonight and I can't go because of college in the morning. They're also pissing off to Thorpe Park tomorrow and keep texting me to remind me that I can't come.

Oh, and they keep pointing out that I snogged one of our mates on something someone said/when he was drunk last week and WON'T SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT IT.

ReputationRep:
    i was diagnosed with suggestive anxiety disorder today, i have to start taking medication tonight..im soo scared.

ReputationRep:
    Been crying all evening. I've had to stop taking my tablets coz they make me feel worse, and I've got to go back to college tomorrow and I just don't want to face the world.

Just want to curl up and not wake up tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Been crying all evening. I've had to stop taking my tablets coz they make me feel worse, and I've got to go back to college tomorrow and I just don't want to face the world.

Just want to curl up and not wake up tbh.
    :hugs: Sorry to hear that. Going back won't be as hard as you think, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)

I hope you're all ok.
    I've had similar episodes before but just be strong fwiw: for yourself first. :hugs:

@ death.drop : has rambo stopped faceraping lola yet? :lol:
    I'm more of a dog person - Spot dog anyone?

@ suicidallemming: if you want to talk over PM/ MSN or something, let me know. :hugs:

@Malsy: Why the rest of the year? Is there a way you could say, leave at lunch? When I was in 6th, if we had a free in the afternoon, we could leave at lunch. Seems stupid to spend a whole day if you've only got one/two lessons: no one's that studious. :hugs:

@everyone else :grouphugs: :grouphugs: :grouphugs:

Me - I'm going to see the councilor when I get there at some point: I have an idea of 'what' I have but need a 2nd opinion, you know?
    Also, having photos for uni taken today

On the plus side, I have a couple of costuming projects to focus on now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    You're not allowed to leave. It's so ******* stupid.

:hugs: :hugs:
    Could you have a chat with the head of year/whatever and see if you guys can work something out? Missing so many full days of school really isn't good (sorry if this sounds like a lecture) so maybe if you explained the difficulties you're having you could come to some kind of agreement with the school? When I've told schools/unis about problems I have with turning up they've been nothing but helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisRoyalMudgesty)
    @ death.drop : has rambo stopped faceraping lola yet? :lol:
    I'm more of a dog person - Spot dog anyone?
    as far as I know she's stopped, but lola keeps sticking her face into rambo's crotch so tbh I think she was asking for it just a little.
    We have a dog as well but he's not really mine, he's my brothers. I just put all the work in. :rolleyes:
    plus the rabbits are actually quite dog like. I'm teaching lola to play fetch with the ball and rambo seems to like playing tug of war :p:

(Original post by Malsy)
    You're not allowed to leave. It's so ******* stupid.

:hugs: :hugs:
    like saber said it's worth organising a meeting to discuss it. my brother hated going to school and they organised that he could do 4 days of work placement and 1 day of school. this was GCSE time so they really do have quite a bit of leeway for people who aren't up to going to school, even more with college.
    Perhaps if you come up with an idea like coming in on a monday morning to pick up the coming weeks work and drop off the last weeks. maybe having monthly review or something. If you go in with ideas on how you'd still get all your work done and gain your qualifications they'll be more likely to want to help you out than if you go in saying you just don't want to go any more.
    definitely get a letter from a doctor and/or counsellor as well so that you have official backing to how you say you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Malsy, deathdrop and saber are right - if the school knew what you were going through they'd probably be very supportive and flexible. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thank you guys. I'll let you know what I do it's just atm I'm currently having trouble regarding my work/subjects and so they're probably annoyed with me already but I'll hopefully ask them one day yet they are very formal and not lenient at all but I guess I can try. my main problem is admitting it/why and admitting I'm struggling/weak etc. all this time I've concealed it and they have no idea.
    If you have medical evidence, they're legally obliged to try and be flexible about it - I know you're not keen on the idea of going back to the doctor again, but perhaps if you saw a different doctor this time it might be a bit more helpful?

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thank you guys. I'll let you know what I do it's just atm I'm currently having trouble regarding my work/subjects and so they're probably annoyed with me already but I'll hopefully ask them one day yet they are very formal and not lenient at all but I guess I can try. my main problem is admitting it/why and admitting I'm struggling/weak etc. all this time I've concealed it and they have no idea.
    Just because you are struggling doesn't mean you are weak :hugs: everyone struggles with depression but never are weak. the fact that you are going on still, the fact that you haven't told your school says that you are strong because you want to fight it without causing a fuss. :hugs:

:hugs: Hey, how's things? :hugs:
    Better than I was, thanks.

A couple of things have been resolved.

Still struggling, though.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Better than I was, thanks.

A couple of things have been resolved.

Still struggling, though.

How are you?
    :hugs: I'm glad. Wish it wan't all such a struggle though.

I'm ok-ish - I saw my psychiatrist today, and he feels that if everything goes ok over the next 6 months, they should be able to discharge me. :woo: On the other hand, it looks like getting my accommodation sorted for uni is going to be an uphill struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Late on the second day of college, missed my train by two minutes :cry:

I've got the questionaires done for the counselling thing, I need to find a first class stamp so I can post it but it needs to be replied to in two weeks - if I send it tomorrow first class what are the chances it'll be there Thursday morning?

:hugs: I'm glad. Wish it wan't all such a struggle though.

I'm ok-ish - I saw my psychiatrist today, and he feels that if everything goes ok over the next 6 months, they should be able to discharge me, which I think means I'll no longer be classed as being treated for depression, and thus I'll be allowed to do things like jury service and standing for parliament. :woo: On th other hand, it looks like getting my accommodation sorted for uni is going to be an uphill struggle.

Sounds like mixed news for you also. I'm happy to say that my accommodation is now sorted, but I'm really sorry you're struggling Are you going back to Oxford? Sorry if you've already told me this before, my memory isn't great.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.