Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Megavideo pisses me off too much with its time limits. Plus I spend far too much time staring at my computer screen. I'm trying to do some reading instead.

How're you?
    Okay haha. There are ways to get around that though

I have Lady Gaga playing loudly, nail polish, tea, junk food, chocolate and the house to myself. I can't help but feel better. Though the fluoxetine is definitely starting to work :woo:

How're you?

---

KMN: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Okay haha. There are ways to get around that though

I have Lady Gaga playing loudly, nail polish, tea, junk food, chocolate and the house to myself. I can't help but feel better. Though the fluoxetine is definitely starting to work :woo:

How're you?

---

KMN: :hugs:
    Really? Care to share how?

That's great that the fluoxetine's working. Junk food and stuff also sounds good.

I'm fairly miserable, I'm always complaining about not having any friends, but then whenever I have the opportunity to go out with my sister and her friends, who are perfectly nice people, I always say no. So I'm feeling like a bit of a loser tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Really? Care to share how?

That's great that the fluoxetine's working. Junk food and stuff also sounds good.

I'm fairly miserable, I'm always complaining about not having any friends, but then whenever I have the opportunity to go out with my sister and her friends, who are perfectly nice people, I always say no. So I'm feeling like a bit of a loser tonight.
    Google cacaoweb. It's the 2nd/3rd result I think.

:hugs: I do that too, but at least it shows people like you :yep: How's treatment going?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Ive posted on this forum a long time ago and i'm back again! Feeling pretty damn low. Situation being that I ended a difficult relationship on saturday and although we are still speaking and it may work out again in the future, I've realised the stupidness of my actions. I thought I would be ok without him but damn tonight its hit me like a truck and Im struggling to cope. We were meant to be moving upto sheffield in a few weeks, but now obviously thats gone down the pan. Plus atm I'm not working so i stuck in my house all day with barely anyone to talk to. I think at this point I am feeling suicidal but wont actually go through with it. I just need someone to talk to. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Google cacaoweb. It's the 2nd/3rd result I think.

:hugs: I do that too, but at least it shows people like you :yep: How's treatment going?
    I shall investigate. If it works the you are my new favourite person.

It's going alright I suppose, the pills are definitely helping, but it's going so slowly that I feel like I'm hardly making progress at all. Most of the time I just feel tired rather than anything else.

(Original post by luce20)
    Hi guys, Ive posted on this forum a long time ago and i'm back again! Feeling pretty damn low. Situation being that I ended a difficult relationship on saturday and although we are still speaking and it may work out again in the future, I've realised the stupidness of my actions. I thought I would be ok without him but damn tonight its hit me like a truck and Im struggling to cope. We were meant to be moving upto sheffield in a few weeks, but now obviously thats gone down the pan. Plus atm I'm not working so i stuck in my house all day with barely anyone to talk to. I think at this point I am feeling suicidal but wont actually go through with it. I just need someone to talk to. Thanks.
    :hugs: feel free to chat and vent :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Genuine question:
    Does anyone here have any experience with or know anything about somatic delusions caused by depression? Not body dysmorphia, anorexia or hypochondria. How common are they? Is drug use always a prerequisite? Is it rarer in certain age groups? How much does severity vary and is it only a symptom in severe or advanced cases of Depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Genuine question:
    Does anyone here have any experience with or know anything about somatic delusions caused by depression? Not body dysmorphia, anorexia or hypochondria.
    How common are they? Is drug use always a prerequisite? Is it rarer in certain age groups? How much does severity vary and is it in only a symptom in severe or advanced cases of Depression?
    You mean delusions and hallucinations? If someone with depression had those sorts of symptoms its called 'depression with psychotic features' or 'psychotic depression'.

If you look at it as a continuum from mild to severe depression, I think psychotic depression is often viewed as further on from severe. I don't have any stats but they're probably more common than is recognised because 'mild' symptoms like hearing a voice a couple of times probably isn't reported. Drug use isnt always a prerequisite. I dont think age effects it.

But mental illness is obviously not fully understood and there is probably an area between depression and schizophrenia, where symptoms overlap a lot and diagnosis is difficult (and actually not as important as actually treating the person). Some of the medications and used for both.
    Hope that helps a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I spent the last two nights in hospital, the first one puking, the second one just feeling like ****. I did go to the park and take pills and cut my wrists... superficially because I'm a massive wimp... but someone on here got in touch with the *only* person who knows me in real life and she got my friends for me. They spent two hours running around trying to find me and eventually one of them carried me to a waiting police car before they shipped me off to A+E. I'll take more later, just wanted to let you know I'm ok, and thanks guys :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Hey guys

I spent the last two nights in hospital, the first one puking, the second one just feeling like ****. I did go to the park and take pills and cut my wrists... superficially because I'm a massive wimp... but someone on here got in touch with the *only* person who knows me in real life and she got my friends for me. They spent two hours running around trying to find me and eventually one of them carried me to a waiting police car before they shipped me off to A+E. I'll take more later, just wanted to let you know I'm ok, and thanks guys :hugs:
    i'm so glad you're okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I am so glad you're okay :hugs:

Hey guys

I was so worried :o: :hugs: so many people care about you so deeply :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My Dad's been sent home early because of me, he's nearly home now.

Probably shouldn't read this if you're likely to be triggered...

Basically, Tuesday night after I signed off here I sent my mate an email, basically a suicide note. Turned my phone off, left a note on the counter and walked to the local park. Downed the pills that I'd found, rejected about 20 phone calls from various people (decided to turn my phone back on), and had a go at my wrists... Like I said, it's pretty superficial though. In the end I told a couple of people where I was as my vision was starting to go and then the next thing I know my friend is calling my name and picking me up... We were going to get an ambulance but there was a 45 minute wait So went in the police car where I got told I would stay at the hospital or I'd be sectioned. Yay. Got to A+E and I genuinely couldn't remember what/how much I'd taken; in the end I managed to remember I'd got into my dads prescription co-codamol and the doctor went :eek: so they started me on a drip straight away. Seen a psychiatrist and she said I seem to have an intense fear of being judged (yep!) and I now have to attend a day hospital - got to go for an hour tomorrow to see what it's all about, then I start properly on Monday. Not got a clue what's happening with work but I'm still going to uni; I was adamant that I want to go.

I feel so utterly ashamed of myself, what a tard. My friends are completely amazed by it. I phoned and went in the police car with the guy (my ex) who was with me the first time and he told them about that... Got a telling off for that one too The guy who found me visited me last night and listening to him talk about what he had to do... What they all had to do to get to me... Well, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for hurting him and my friends like I did or putting them through that.

ANYWAY. Onwards and upwards. It's time for a change - I can't do this any more. I won't do this to my friends and family and you lot any more. None of you deserve it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    So glad you got found.
    Your story is so sad. I hope you get proper help now. Please don't try again.

ReputationRep:
    I feel more sorry for the girl on the ward across from me... She'd also ODed, but her mum was refusing to have her back in the house and she didn't have anywhere else to go

I feel more sorry for the girl on the ward across from me... She'd also ODed, but her mum was refusing to have her back in the house and she didn't have anywhere else to go
    That's awful, so sad.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad's been sent home early because of me, he's nearly home now.

Probably shouldn't read this if you're likely to be triggered...

Basically, Tuesday night after I signed off here I sent my mate an email, basically a suicide note. Turned my phone off, left a note on the counter and walked to the local park. Downed the pills that I'd found, rejected about 20 phone calls from various people (decided to turn my phone back on), and had a go at my wrists... Like I said, it's pretty superficial though. In the end I told a couple of people where I was as my vision was starting to go and then the next thing I know my friend is calling my name and picking me up... We were going to get an ambulance but there was a 45 minute wait So went in the police car where I got told I would stay at the hospital or I'd be sectioned. Yay. Got to A+E and I genuinely couldn't remember what/how much I'd taken; in the end I managed to remember I'd got into my dads prescription co-codamol and the doctor went :eek: so they started me on a drip straight away. Seen a psychiatrist and she said I seem to have an intense fear of being judged (yep!) and I now have to attend a day hospital - got to go for an hour tomorrow to see what it's all about, then I start properly on Monday. Not got a clue what's happening with work but I'm still going to uni; I was adamant that I want to go.

I feel so utterly ashamed of myself, what a tard. My friends are completely amazed by it. I phoned and went in the police car with the guy (my ex) who was with me the first time and he told them about that... Got a telling off for that one too The guy who found me visited me last night and listening to him talk about what he had to do... What they all had to do to get to me... Well, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for hurting him and my friends like I did or putting them through that.

ANYWAY. Onwards and upwards. It's time for a change - I can't do this any more. I won't do this to my friends and family and you lot any more. None of you deserve it :hugs:
    I know I haven't had the chance to speak to you much on here, but was genuinely worried by your posts. Sounds like an awful ordeal but the fact that you're OK is all that matters. So good to hear that you are. :hugs:

You genuinely deserve for things to go onwards and upwards from now on, and it sounds like you're now more determined for that to happen.

ReputationRep:
    i hate doctors they never help or take me, a teenager, seripoiusly

anyway erm yeh sad and feeling like ****

it's time i fled from the nest and im just so scared and dont feel at all fully equipped
    iit doesnt help that theres literally no jobs and everyone keeps rejecting you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So glad your okay :hugs:

It seems onwards and upwards for you now:yep: Best of luck

Oh and guys, I met my offer for medical school today, I'm really chuffed - it was so difficult with exams and having to deal with the depression, but I've made it through. Hopefully uni will be a fresh start?

ReputationRep:
    well done andrew.
    How did results go for other people?

argh feel stressed and unhappy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.