Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    OK that doesn't sound like a delusion.
    Depression (and anxiety) can give physical symptoms like headaches, chest tightness, shortness of breath, feeling faint, racing heart etc. Your symptoms to do with your chest sound like anxiety symptoms to be honest.

There's a really high cross over with a lot of depressed people also having some degree of anxiety, do you think that sounds more likely?
    I had all of those on the obligatory trip to Ikea. How the **** I didn't faint/have a full blown panic attack I don't know. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    That's scaring me too but I'm hoping it'll be worth it :yep:

:hugs: I think it's do the same to me too. Are you still waiting to hear?
    I'm **** scared. But feeling very optimistic and settled tonight so I'm in the 'take on the world with both hands' kind of mood! We can own university :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I'm **** scared. But feeling very optimistic and settled tonight so I'm in the 'take on the world with both hands' kind of mood! We can own university :yep:
    That's great :hugs: And yes we will! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    OK that doesn't sound like a delusion.
    Depression (and anxiety) can give physical symptoms like headaches, chest tightness, shortness of breath, feeling faint, racing heart etc. Your symptoms to do with your chest sound like anxiety symptoms to be honest.

There's a really high cross over with a lot of depressed people also having some degree of anxiety, do you think that sounds more likely?
    Hm, I doubt it somehow. I seem to be a very low anxiety person in general, I think. My mother is high anxiety and it's easy to see in her, I'm the opposite to her in this respect.
    It's not really a tightness, it's too long and curved.. it's just, the wrong shape. It doesn't press against any of my organs, it's more like it makes all the flesh on top of it uncomfortable(?) and.. just, like I can feel around each bone and they are wrong and the edges are in the wrong place. It's very difficult to describe. I don't think it is a delusion either, but I also don't think it's anxiety or an actual physical problem. Which means it's just.. an over-awareness of it? But it also seems distorted.
    *shrugs*
    Although I wish it'd stop permanently, it's not pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like crap :cry:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Feel like crap :cry:
    whyyyyy? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    whyyyyy? :sad:
    Meh who knows.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Meh who knows.
    aww I hope you cheer up 'n' all, you're going to Manchester after all :daydreaming:

P.S. I've just seen you on FB :gah:

ReputationRep:
    aww I hope you cheer up 'n' all, you're going to Manchester after all :daydreaming:

P.S. I've just seen you on FB :gah:
    Stalker haha. Soon TSR members will outnumber people I know IRL in my Facebook friends haha, what does that say about me? :sigh:

Yeah, but... I dunno
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Stalker haha. Soon TSR members will outnumber people I know IRL in my Facebook friends haha, what does that say about me? :sigh:

Yeah, but... I dunno
    I wasn't stalking :hmmm: It just says you're an open minded person? :awesome:

try not to worry, the hardest part is all behind you now, you've got 3 years of awesomeness to look forward to :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't stalking :hmmm: It just says you're an open minded person? :awesome:

try not to worry, the hardest part is all behind you now, you've got 3 years of awesomeness to look forward to :hugs:
    Are you sure it's me? I can't remember what's on there haha

Yeah but I don't think it's that. I mean it's nice but it doesn't get rid of the depression.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Are you sure it's me? I can't remember what's on there haha

Yeah but I don't think it's that. I mean it's nice but it doesn't get rid of the depression.
    It's the same picture as your profile, yes :p:

of course it doesn't, but it's something for you to focus your thoughts upon, which helps :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's the same picture as your profile, yes :p:

of course it doesn't, but it's something for you to focus your thoughts upon, which helps :yep:
    Haha yeah it is me.

Hmm. I just feel even ******* now. I guess the lack of sleep isn't helping.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Haha yeah it is me.

Hmm. I just feel even ******* now. I guess the lack of sleep isn't helping.
    Told you so :wink2:

I can't seem to come up with a word which fits your asterixes, but I assume it's something along the lines of (politely) lethargic :p: are you going out to celebrate at any point? if not, go and grab yourself an early night :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Hm, I doubt it somehow. I seem to be a very low anxiety person in general, I think. My mother is high anxiety and it's easy to see in her, I'm the opposite to her in this respect.
    It's not really a tightness, it's too long and curved.. it's just, the wrong shape. It doesn't press against any of my organs, it's more like it makes all the flesh on top of it uncomfortable(?) and.. just, like I can feel around each bone and they are wrong and the edges are in the wrong place. It's very difficult to describe. I don't think it is a delusion either, but I also don't think it's anxiety or an actual physical problem. Which means it's just.. an over-awareness of it? But it also seems distorted.
    *shrugs*
    Although I wish it'd stop permanently, it's not pleasant.
    I dont know, everyone's different, including their ridcages! And if you press down on the muscles I think it hurts quite a few people, I just dont think they're meant to be pressed that way.

-

Fed up. I keep thinking about a friend that died just over a year ago. Knowing I'll never see her again is hard to really believe and I want to see her so much. I think even if I dont actively think about sad things like this, they're always there in the back of my mind preventing me from being happy. So I guess thats why CBT isnt going to work for me.

ReputationRep:
    why why why

i need to stop asking that
    but my life sucks, what a cliche u idiotttt dumb cow

anyway yes erm feeling like ****

scared ofnparents realising im a failure
    they want me to become smeone and i dont want the presure nor want to i just want to have a simple life alone thanks

im just so depresed and its such a dark place feigning happiness all the darn time when inside ure crumbling

my idea of happines is staying in bed all day yet the doctors dont see anything wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, after being on a climax yesterday, I'm now on a huge downer today; i knew this would happen. I hate this

ReputationRep:
    Told you so :wink2:

I can't seem to come up with a word which fits your asterixes, but I assume it's something along the lines of (politely) lethargic :p: are you going out to celebrate at any point? if not, go and grab yourself an early night :hugs:
    I was bloody tired and still am but I'm going to London for a friend's 18th in a few hours so I guess that's celebrating? Thankfully my friends aren't clubbing people :woo:

I am kind of nervous about how I'll react anxiety wise but if I'm moving to Manchester in a month, I can handle London for 3 days :yep:

(Original post by Malsy)
    why why why

i need to stop asking that
    but my life sucks, what a cliche u idiotttt dumb cow

anyway yes erm feeling like ****

scared ofnparents realising im a failure
    they want me to become smeone and i dont want the presure nor want to i just want to have a simple life alone thanks

im just so depresed and its such a dark place feigning happiness all the darn time when inside ure crumbling

my idea of happines is staying in bed all day yet the doctors dont see anything wrong with that?
    :hugs: You are not a failure and most people want a quiet life. Maybe try writing exactly how you feel down and giving it to the GP, that way they can't twist your words or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    :emo:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was bloody tired and still am but I'm going to London for a friend's 18th in a few hours so I guess that's celebrating? Thankfully my friends aren't clubbing people :woo:

I am kind of nervous about how I'll react anxiety wise but if I'm moving to Manchester in a month, I can handle London for 3 days :yep:
    London eh :teeth: have fun :wink2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.