Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Late on the second day of college, missed my train by two minutes :cry:

I've got the questionaires done for the counselling thing, I need to find a first class stamp so I can post it but it needs to be replied to in two weeks - if I send it tomorrow first class what are the chances it'll be there Thursday morning?
    Depends where you are and where you're sending it too - there are a lot of postal strikes around at the moment...

Sorry you had a bad start to the day. Did things get any better as the day wore on? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    :hugs:

Sounds like mixed news for you also. I'm happy to say that my accommodation is now sorted, but I'm really sorry you're struggling Are you going back to Oxford? Sorry if you've already told me this before, my memory isn't great.
    I'm doing a postgrad course in Pure Mathematics at Imperial. :erm:

Really glad accomodation is sorted for you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: I've just received an e-mail from Imperial telling me that if I don't send them a copy of this form which I've sent three ******* times already then they'll withdraw my offer, so it looks like I'm going to have to go down to London in person to sort their mess out.

Why does every piece of good news that I get have to be immediately followed by five pieces of bad news? :bawling:

(Original post by jonathan122)
    :sigh: I've just received an e-mail from Imperial telling me that if I don't send them a copy of this form which I've sent three ******* times already then they'll withdraw my offer, so it looks like I'm going to have to go down to London in person to sort their mess out.

Why does every piece of good news that I get have to be immediately followed by five pieces of bad news? :bawling:
    :hugs: Universities can be incompetent sometimes. :dry:

When you are settled in I will come visit you one day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a postgrad course in Pure Mathematics at Imperial. :erm:

Really glad accomodation is sorted for you. :hugs:
    Can I just say how amazingly epic that is! :p:
    I went to Imperial for a Medical convention thing and fell in love! Now I'm doing English Lit (hopefully) they won't want me! *sigh*

Can't believe Imperial are being so damn ****. Dw, it might be inconvienient to go to London but it will be ok in the end. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, hope people are having decent days today.

Just wondering, I'm doing really stupid impulsive things now that I've been on the prozac a little while, like taking risks with my career, like telling my boss today that if I don't get the internal vacancy I've applied for I don't want to stay in my job. I was trying to keep that quiet but i've gone and blabbed it. I'd better get this job I've applied for or I'm in the poo Anyone else ever had this problem?

it's probably just me not being able to make decisions, and not a side effect, but just wondering

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you are and where you're sending it too - there are a lot of postal strikes around at the moment...

Sorry you had a bad start to the day. Did things get any better as the day wore on? :hugs:
    Mmm, well I'm just going to have to hope. I hate ringing people They'll ring me (hopefully) which is alright though.

A bit, college was quite chilled and I've arranged to see my best mate tomorrow during the day - means skipping a class of college but it's the last time I'll get to do coffee and lunch with her before she goes back to uni - the walk to the train station was quite nice and relaxing. Very serene...

Mood drop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Mood drop.
    :hugs: mine has too

want to talk about anything?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so incredibly lonely.
    I hardly get to see webber as it is, and I'm not digging at him he just works a lot and has other things to do, but tonight I really just wanted to stay in and watch a movie but he wanted us to go to the pub and see zac as he might be going to prison in a few days so it's the last time we'd get to see him. I said I just fancied staying in but he should go so he has. I feel so totally in the wrong if I ever want him to stay in with me so I always just tell him to go and do other things.
    I think it all goes back to when I was with joe. any time anything bad happened and I asked him to stay with me or come see me he'd always have something better to do and I'd end up feeling so much worse than if I'd never asked him to stay at all.

last night was pub night and basically my friendship group is now down to 3 other people. Everyone I ever got on really well with has just left me. I miss laura (my friend that died) more than I ever thought possible. I still enjoy going out with these people but it's only a matter of time until lu goes off to the navy and jamie and james will likely go to uni.

I went to see jake tonight and it was just such a mistake. I don't know why I did it. I was crying and he tried to hug me so I went to push him away and he tried to kiss me. I think it was just him trying to be comforting and not aggressive but I felt like if i'd panicked any more that my heart would just have burst out of my chest.

I wish i'd never exited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    I feel so incredibly lonely.
    I hardly get to see webber as it is, and I'm not digging at him he just works a lot and has other things to do, but tonight I really just wanted to stay in and watch a movie but he wanted us to go to the pub and see zac as he might be going to prison in a few days so it's the last time we'd get to see him. I said I just fancied staying in but he should go so he has. I feel so totally in the wrong if I ever want him to stay in with me so I always just tell him to go and do other things.
    I think it all goes back to when I was with joe. any time anything bad happened and I asked him to stay with me or come see me he'd always have something better to do and I'd end up feeling so much worse than if I'd never asked him to stay at all.

last night was pub night and basically my friendship group is now down to 3 other people. Everyone I ever got on really well with has just left me. I miss laura (my friend that died) more than I ever thought possible. I still enjoy going out with these people but it's only a matter of time until lu goes off to the navy and jamie and james will likely go to uni.

I went to see jake tonight and it was just such a mistake. I don't know why I did it. I was crying and he tried to hug me so I went to push him away and he tried to kiss me. I think it was just him trying to be comforting and not aggressive but I felt like if i'd panicked any more that my heart would just have burst out of my chest.

I wish i'd never exited.
    :hugs: I'm sorry.
    You shouldn't feel in the wrong... I know how you mean. whenever I want someone to stay with me I still go and tell them to go on and have fun and do what they want,

I had a chat with someone, and felt slightly better.

I don't know. It's really difficult to explain.

How is everyone today?

ReputationRep:
    Plan for today:

12 noon - train to London

2:30pm - arrive in London; tube to South Kensington; hand in form to Imperial

5pm - curl up in a ball and die somewhere

ReputationRep:
    5pm - curl up in a ball and die somewhere
    ...and deny yourself to do a course you undoubtedly want to do?
    Get on that course and enjoy it. :hug:

ReputationRep:
    I know I'll probably sound like a right spoilt brat with this but I'll do it anyway I'm so pissed off. my ******* mum is moving into some ****** little town house with 2 bedrooms, one for her and one for my brother. Leaving no where for me, no where for my stuff and no privacy at all as I'll be on the sofa. I'm actually really pissed off, she knows I hate uni, she knows I like to come home at weekends because I can't cope being alone all weekend at uni but then she goes and sells off my bedroom and rents some ****** place which is clearly too ******* small. I don't think wanting a little privacy is too much to ask for, or at the very least somewhere to keep my stuff but no, I'm on the sofa for the next 2 weeks until uni starts then whenever I come home no privacy either.

I'm so pissed off. Like I say, you're all probably going to call me a spoilt brat now but I really don't think just wanting somewhere to call my own is that much to ask for. Especially not when she's got all the ******* money and can clearly afford somewhere bigger.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: sabertooth, that really sucks. :hugs: :hugs: and :hugs: everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I know I'll probably sound like a right spoilt brat with this but I'll do it anyway I'm so pissed off. my ******* mum is moving into some ****** little town house with 2 bedrooms, one for her and one for my brother. Leaving no where for me, no where for my stuff and no privacy at all as I'll be on the sofa. I'm actually really pissed off, she knows I hate uni, she knows I like to come home at weekends because I can't cope being alone all weekend at uni but then she goes and sells off my bedroom and rents some ****** place which is clearly too ******* small. I don't think wanting a little privacy is too much to ask for, or at the very least somewhere to keep my stuff but no, I'm on the sofa for the next 2 weeks until uni starts then whenever I come home no privacy either.

I'm so pissed off. Like I say, you're all probably going to call me a spoilt brat now but I really don't think just wanting somewhere to call my own is that much to ask for. Especially not when she's got all the ******* money and can clearly afford somewhere bigger.
    no I wouldn't call that spoilt. I hated living on the sofa at my mum's place its so horrible no privacy no quite time no where for me to go and sit and relax without the stress of my little brother.
    So I can understand exactly how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Feel quite numb again today

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: to everyone.

I managed to oversleep and miss college. For the 5th time in about 2 weeks. *sigh*
    Feel so tired and numb. I'm struggling to care about anything atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

you're not spoiled for saying it. I felt horrible when I left for uni and my mum converter my room within a week, and I still had a room to come back to! she's put you in a rather ****** situation.
    Then again you do have to consider your mums point of view as well, she may have the money but it may not make sense to her to be spending out on a larger house just for her daughter who has, for all intents an purposes, moved out. Plus there may be things going on that you're not aware of. Selling your family home to go and rent a smaller place isn't a decision she will have taken lightly and she'll have good reasoning for it.

silly question but is there a shed or anything? if not is it possible you could buy one? or that she'd buy one for you? for a couple of hundred you can get a small shed that would have space for a sofabed, plug in heater and some of your stuff. It's totally separate to the house so privacy isn't an issue and if you can trail an extension cable down there you'll have electricity.
    I know nobody wants to live in a shed but personally i'd prefer it to a sofa. come the summer it should be quite pleasant as well, when our shed was empty I used to sleep in it with the dog in the hot weather as my room has no window for fresh air!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.