The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

steffi.alexa
:hugs: At the end of the day, it's a very personal issue. I hope you decide soon and are happy with it :console:

I hope so :sigh: thanks :hugs:
Loz17
There is no way I'm gonna be able to afford to do another 4 year degree after this other one.

You can always transfer, in fact, that might be best for you to try and transfer once you're there :hugs:
Reply 8382
wow, can I dissapear please?
Phoned NHS Direct, apparently a doctor is going to call back within 2 hours.

So since this is the NHS.. I better get ready to wait all night.
Reply 8384
Idiot-Finder
Phoned NHS Direct, apparently a doctor is going to call back within 2 hours.

So since this is the NHS.. I better get ready to wait all night.

:rolleyes: Happened to me with mum as well. So. *******. ****. My mum has gone missing with no shoes, hsa come back in hysterics eating toast and screaming she's anorexic and I have no idea what to do. " We'll get back to you in 2 hours" ******* loada help you are.
sauce
:rolleyes: Happened to me with mum as well. So. *******. ****. My mum has gone missing with no shoes, hsa come back in hysterics eating toast and screaming she's anorexic and I have no idea what to do. " We'll get back to you in 2 hours" ******* loada help you are.

That sounds awful too be honest! How long did it take them to ring back?

Yeah this is a joke, some woman just rang up, asked me exactly the same **** as the original guy and said it would be an hour. And they wonder where money is being wasted?
Reply 8386
Idiot-Finder
That sounds awful too be honest! How long did it take them to ring back?

Yeah this is a joke, some woman just rang up, asked me exactly the same **** as the original guy and said it would be an hour. And they wonder where money is being wasted?

I ended up just going into A&E and she eventually volunteered to be admitted, thank god. I doubt they would of sectioned despite her past of bi polar and hospital admissions and her behaviour obviously being completely erratic. I did phone the police too whilst she was missing but just before i hung up she came back. They were ever so slightly more helpful simply because I felt more comforted.
They just rang and told me to go to A+E ffs, ahh well.. guess I will go.. will reply when I am back.
Reply 8388
Idiot-Finder
They just rang and told me to go to A+E ffs, ahh well.. guess I will go.. will reply when I am back.

:frown: it will speed things up
Idiot-Finder

:hugs: Hope you're okay
I know it's selfish, I'm sorry, but I can't stop thinking about it, I'm too scared to sleep tonight :frown:
Magnum Opus
I know it's selfish, I'm sorry, but I can't stop thinking about it, I'm too scared to sleep tonight :frown:

:hugs: NHS Direct/Samaritans/go to A&E? :console: Things are going to get better.
This is ******* awesome. So far I have had three people at NHS Direct, a nurse at a&e, a doctor at a&e and two guys from the crisis team, all mainly ask me the same questions. No wonder they are pissing money away.

Some people are coming around in an hour, let me guess.. to ask the same ******* questions.

The a&e doctor was hilarious.. "I don't think your depressed you are just going through a lot." :facepalm2: :facepalm2: STFU and let me talk to someone who has a ******* clue what they are talking about cheers...
Idiot-Finder
This is ******* awesome. So far I have had three people at NHS Direct, a nurse at a&e, a doctor at a&e and two guys from the crisis team, all mainly ask me the same questions. No wonder they are pissing money away.

Some people are coming around in an hour, let me guess.. to ask the same ******* questions.

The a&e doctor was hilarious.. "I don't think your depressed you are just going through a lot." :facepalm2: :facepalm2: STFU and let me talk to someone who has a ******* clue what they are talking about cheers...

:hugs: He doesn't know your medical history etc etc etc. Besides it was late and he was probably tired, try not to take it to heart :hugs:
Idiot-Finder

Was this a doctor at A&E? GPs will always be the best ones to go to, as they are the more experienced (sounds odd, but it's true, A&E doctors are almost always Junior doctors/new ones). It's a **** system, but they're clearly trying to refer you to someone who has an ounce of skillful help in them, and hopefully that's what these people coming round will offer you - otherwise, just tell it to them straight what you're after. :unsure:
Magnum Opus
Was this a doctor at A&E? GPs will always be the best ones to go to, as they are the more experienced (sounds odd, but it's true, A&E doctors are almost always Junior doctors/new ones). It's a **** system, but they're clearly trying to refer you to someone who has an ounce of skillful help in them, and hopefully that's what these people coming round will offer you - otherwise, just tell it to them straight what you're after. :unsure:

Yeah.. Its strange.. every psychiatric doctor/nurse I have seen has come to the conclussion I have bi-polar yet the normal doctors I have seen have tried to pass it off as other things. Its a bit of a kick in the face, Im not living in Africa with nothing ffs.. I have no logical reason to feel like this.

My GP is just as useless, the first time I went to her she tried to tell me I was having teenage mood swings :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:. I didnt really want to go to A+E but its what the chap at NHS direct said.

On Valium right now, which seems to work amazingly well.. it dont stop me feeling down but it takes away the adreneline and panic I was feeling and makes me soo tired I cant do anything anyway.
steffi.alexa
x

:gah:

Spoiler

Magnum Opus
:gah:

Spoiler

Haha, they look great! :top:
I always seem to take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back :sigh: :cry:
kiss_me_now9
I always seem to take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back :sigh: :cry:

Whats up? :hugs: