Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Well we'll just have to see how it turns out :erm: I'm rubbish with photoshop so can't :sigh:

Haha, I did that with some biscuits earlier, only I added too much sugar and making them with olive oil tastes disgusting :sadnod: Didn't get told off for using too much butter though :top:

Cooking is hard :sigh:
    I made AWESOME banana bread, first ever time and I experimented with cinnamon :woo:

Do I win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I made AWESOME banana bread, first ever time and I experimented with cinnamon :woo:

Do I win?
    No because it turned out right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    So sick of my friend, every time I email him it takes him like a week to reply, if he does at all. Ages ago he suggested we talk on skype, but that never happened either. Don't know whether it's cos he's lazy, just doesn't care, or if his girlfriend's stopping him speaking to me. Can't confront him about it cos I can't afford to lose one of the few friends I've got. Miserable.
    He might be just lazy, I can imagine it's pretty annoying, well very, especially not knowing how he really feels but maybe try asking again about the skype? He might have genuinely forgotten. :console: Not sure about the week to reply to emails that seems a little odd.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Well we'll just have to see how it turns out :erm: I'm rubbish with photoshop so can't :sigh:

Haha, I did that with some biscuits earlier, only I added too much sugar and making them with olive oil tastes disgusting :sadnod: Didn't get told off for using too much butter though :top:

Cooking is hard :sigh:
    I'd offer but my photoshop is on my other computer, there's a thread somewhere on tsr offering photoshop services. You could try that.

olive oil biscuits? er.... :p: You can never use too much butter. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)

Do I win?
    Yes you do. Because banana bread is awesome. :cool:

Bit of ginger and nutmeg in with the cinnamon is pretty good. Or the "mixed spice" stuff you can buy. Mmmm.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yes you do. Because banana bread is awesome. :cool:

Bit of ginger and nutmeg in with the cinnamon is pretty good.
    mmm nutmeg, not a big fan of ginger though!

@Steffi, oh :emo: you wanted cooking fails :p:

ReputationRep:
    He might be just lazy, I can imagine it's pretty annoying, well very, especially not knowing how he really feels but maybe try asking again about the skype? He might have genuinely forgotten. :console: Not sure about the week to reply to emails that seems a little odd.
    I did ask again. That was almost a week ago and I still haven't heard back. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'd offer but my photoshop is on my other computer, there's a thread somewhere on tsr offering photoshop services. You could try that.

olive oil biscuits? er.... :p: You can never use too much butter. :yep:
    I'm used to winging it with hair dye anyway

Yeah. They were gross Butter does make them taste amazing but then we have none left in the house

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crap tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Just found this thread...nice to know theres others in my situation as well!
    A quick question has anyone ever written down their reasons for depression/ anxiety and handed it to the dr at their appointment?...I don't believe I'd be able to tell him directly and Im seeing him tomo. Any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I feel like crap tonight.
    Want to talk about anything? :hugs: Or is it just the thing with your friend?

(Original post by Honeyx)
    Just found this thread...nice to know theres others in my situation as well!
    A quick question has anyone ever written down their reasons for depression/ anxiety and handed it to the dr at their appointment?...I don't believe I'd be able to tell him directly and Im seeing him tomo. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Yeah that's pretty much what I did. I don't think they'd mind or anything so feel free to do that.

Also, hi.

ReputationRep:
    Want to talk about anything? :hugs: Or is it just the thing with your friend?
    Nothing to talk about really, it's partly the thing with my friend getting me down, partly just me feeling like crap. Also been thinking, this past year not one single good thing has happened to me - I've dropped out of uni, been in hospital... just generally everything's been ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on holiday abroad right now, and I'm still getting depressed episodes :nothing:. I don't even know my A Level results yet, haha :erm:. I missed results day as I was travelling on a plane at the time, and my mum and sister haven't bothered to send them to me yet :indiff:. Oh well, I don't really want to know them tbh, I'm sure I did badly . I just feel so lost right now :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I'm on holiday abroad right now, and I'm still getting depressed episodes :nothing:. I don't even know my A Level results yet, haha :erm:. I missed results day as I was travelling on a plane at the time, and my mum and sister haven't bothered to send them to me yet :indiff:. Oh well, I don't really want to know them tbh, I'm sure I did badly . I just feel so lost right now :sad:
    I'm sure you did well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    I'm sure you did well.
    Meh, thanks for the optimism, but you don't know what things have been like with me. Anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter much since I'm not going to uni right now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Hello again. It's been a while since I posted here.
    Hey, how are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Content, I suppose.

How are you?
    Not the best I have been but I have new drugs and they work.

I wasnt here when you posted before, I am presuming from the post above you have depression?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, it's so good to see a thread like this. I've been suffering from depression for about 3 years now, but I just thought I'd pop my head in and say that it WILL get better.

I'm not saying that one day you'll wake up and feel on top of the world, but after a while it gets slightly easier to deal with. Counselling didn't work for me and I'm scared of doctors so I've found just writing a lot helps me to cope. I'm a bit better than I have been but obviously it's still quite difficult.

However, I'm going to uni in a few weeks and I'm really worried that it will flare up again as I'll be on my own and completely out of my comfort zone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, clinical depression, it was diagnosed a while back.

What drugs are you on? Prozac and Lexapro haven't worked for me.
    Prozac and Valium, Prozac seems to do nothing yet but Valium really works.

Are you taking anything at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Valium, hm.

Nope. Nothing at the moment. I've given up on the possibility of drugs having any sort of positive effect.
    It makes me feel relaxed and calm, it is pretty much sedation but for now I am willing to take that.

Are you trying anything else instead?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's pretty much what I did. I don't think they'd mind or anything so feel free to do that.
    Also, hi.
    Thanks and heloo!

Tbh don't have a clue where to start and am in a bit of a dilemma. ..if anyone out there could advise in any way...v.much appreciated.

Basically... getting a letter from my dr about depression/ anxiety for my uni appeal. But is it really appropriate to tell them all the reasons for my depression?! They are definitely going to ask me

If anyones interested...this thread tells you my many problems!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1378488

yh not anon anymore but oh well no-one would ever know who I am :woo:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.