Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I can see why my mother thinks I may be bi polar. I'm not, I'm just happy to be happy for once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I'm just happy to be happy for once
    Glad to hear it. :five:

(Original post by Bookface)
    I managed to forgo doing something drastic today, but I don't know if I can hold on much longer. College starts in a couple days and I feel really ill and dizzy whenever I stand from not eating for quite a while.
    That's good that you didn't go through with it. I can imagine you're feeling pretty apprehensive about college but see it as a new chance. There will be loads of new people all looking to make new friends, so give it your best and everything might turn out better than you could have ever imagined.

As for eating, do you have anything you really like around? Like ice cream? If you haven't eaten in a while try to start small because you do need food. :console:

ReputationRep:

:hugs: It depends on your doctor (I'm assuming that you're under 21/25? It varies with different doctors). Some doctors will prescribe you meds there and then if they feel you need them, others will refer you to a psychiatrist, which is what my G prefered to do due to the possible heightened risk of suicide for the first few weeks on them. The psychiatrist should decided what to do best for you then and it should be a quick referral hopefully.

Seriously go to your GP, I was pretty much exactly like you a few months ago but now I'm starting to feel like my old self again, it's well worth getting the help :yep:
    Thanks for your reply, and I'm pleased you are starting to feel better now.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Still very empty, but less suicidal. Sort of cathartic, as I spent a long, exhuasting time yesterday thinking about methods of suicide and what I'd write in a suicide note.

I'm think I'm stable enough just sitting around today. I'll have a better think about my condition while I can and go and see my doctor tomorrow.

By the way, if this is not too personal a question, did you experience confusion about your sexuality while you were at your lowest point? I'm not having 'passionate' homosexual feelings or anything. My sexuality just seems blunted, nothing really turns me on the moment, and at one point I thought I was turning gay, despite the fact that I still want to have relationships with girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irdk)
    Thanks for your reply, and I'm pleased you are starting to feel better now.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Still very empty, but less suicidal. Sort of cathartic, as I spent a long, exhuasting time yesterday thinking about methods of suicide and what I'd write in a suicide note.

I'm think I'm stable enough just sitting around today. I'll have a better think about my condition while I can and go and see my doctor tomorrow.

By the way, if this is not too personal a question, did you experience confusion about your sexuality while you were at your lowest point? I'm not having 'passionate' homosexual feelings or anything. My sexuality just seems blunted, nothing really turns me on the moment, and at one point I thought I was turning gay, despite the fact that I still want to have relationships with girls.
    :hugs: Seeing your GP ASAP will really help you, no one deserves to feel like this :console:

Well I've been bi for ages, but when I was at my lowest I did think I might have been gay. Maybe that's a common thing? :dontknow: But I have heard that a loss of... how to put it... sexual appetite? Is common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irdk)
    Yeah, I class myself at bi at the moment but in all honesty right now I dont know.

I would just not worry about it and try not to label yourself and your mind will work out what it wants with time!

ReputationRep:
    I dont feel depressed which is obviously good but I guess I dont feel anything and I don't really like this either. Its annoying, I guess I'm bored and fed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I dont feel depressed which is obviously good but I guess I dont feel anything and I don't really like this either. Its annoying, I guess I'm bored and fed up.
    :hugs: Are you on meds? I found they made me feel like that for a while :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Are you on meds? I found they made me feel like that for a while :dontknow:
    citalopram for nearly 4 months.. I think I've kept myself pretty busy and got a lot better in that time. But now I've nothing to do and I'm bored and lazy and feel nothing and argh :woo:

ReputationRep:
    citalopram for nearly 4 months.. I think I've kept myself pretty busy and got a lot better in that time. But now I've nothing to do and I'm bored and lazy and feel nothing and argh :woo:
    :hugs: Is there anything you want to learn/do now that you have the time? I'm filling my hours with Latin and Greek and it seems to be helping. Or going out with friends/family?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I am putting on a smiley face when I'm actually in agony. I want to though, because I want to keep on going, but I don't know if I can keep this up for much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    I am putting on a smiley face when I'm actually in agony. I want to though, because I want to keep on going, but I don't know if I can keep this up for much longer.
    :hugs: I can't remember, are you getting any help?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :hugs: I can't remember, are you getting any help?
    I don't think there's much they can do. Oh well. Plowing on, need to rush off back out again :gah:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Is there anything you want to learn/do now that you have the time? I'm filling my hours with Latin and Greek and it seems to be helping. Or going out with friends/family?
    Thanks for the hugs.
    I'm half heartedly trying to revise German and learn French but both seem a bit futile. And I have a lot of books I could read but I lose concentration quickly. And my family dont want to go out and my 2 closest friends are on holiday- not that I'd probably want to see them anyway.

Moo :hugs: Does anything help? Do you want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's much they can do. Oh well. Plowing on, need to rush off back out again :gah:
    Would talking therapy not help?

You seem to have been keeping yourself busy with baking recently haha.

Thanks for the hugs.
    I'm half heartedly trying to revise German and learn French but both seem a bit futile. And I have a lot of books I could read but I lose concentration quickly. And my family dont want to go out and my 2 closest friends are on holiday- not that I'd probably want to see them anyway.

Moo :hugs: Does anything help? Do you want to talk about it?
    :hugs: Even just trying to do something each day might help.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Meh it's a health thing, therapy won't do anything, I just need to accept it and keep on, I think I'm doing well - hence all the baking

ReputationRep:
    Meh it's a health thing, therapy won't do anything, I just need to accept it and keep on, I think I'm doing well - hence all the baking
    :hugs: You seem to be an excellent cheesecake maker :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling disconnected.

I tried expressing more but ended up staring at the blinking cursor thing for about ten minutes,

ReputationRep:
    I am never drinking again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I am never drinking again.
    :hugs: Aaaw, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    :hugs: Aaaw, what happened?
    Not much. Too much sambuca - wicked hang over. Been throwing up every ten minutes since ten o clock this morning.

OhandImayhavetoldmyexthatIstilll ovedhimandIwantedhimbackandIcrie dinhisarmsforagoodtwentyminutest ellinghimtoeithergetoutofmylifec ompletelyorstopbeingsogorgeousbe causeitwastoohardforme :ninja:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.