Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    perhaps, but I don't feel like talking will resolve things and I'd just burst into tears which i won't like. i guess maybe one day, i might, though
    You sound a lot like me! I'm v.sensitive, I remember thinking, how can people be depressed? Why can't they just let themselves go and not care? But omg, it's so hard to just do things on a whim, it's not easy to make life happier for yourself. Since a kid I've suffered from extremely low confidence. I know I'm not extremely ugly, but I feel it, and so on. I just think very negatively about things, and worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    :cry: Last night out in town with my mates tomorrow, and I have to go home at frigging 11pm because of ******* college. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    just found a dress I wore a few days before going on citalopram and it's roughly half my width. how depressing.

oh, everyone's taken to using our upstairs living room as a dumping ground as well. I spoke to ali about it when I found a few days worth of washing up, his wet towels and his land snails in here and he said "you and webber get two rooms, I only get one!!!!" yeah....because we pay rent for 2 rooms and there are 2 of us (and even then we get the box room and the old dining room!), he pays no rent and gets the biggest room in the house!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    you're not spoiled for saying it. I felt horrible when I left for uni and my mum converter my room within a week, and I still had a room to come back to! she's put you in a rather ****** situation.
    Then again you do have to consider your mums point of view as well, she may have the money but it may not make sense to her to be spending out on a larger house just for her daughter who has, for all intents an purposes, moved out. Plus there may be things going on that you're not aware of. Selling your family home to go and rent a smaller place isn't a decision she will have taken lightly and she'll have good reasoning for it.

silly question but is there a shed or anything? if not is it possible you could buy one? or that she'd buy one for you? for a couple of hundred you can get a small shed that would have space for a sofabed, plug in heater and some of your stuff. It's totally separate to the house so privacy isn't an issue and if you can trail an extension cable down there you'll have electricity.
    I know nobody wants to live in a shed but personally i'd prefer it to a sofa. come the summer it should be quite pleasant as well, when our shed was empty I used to sleep in it with the dog in the hot weather as my room has no window for fresh air!
    Haha I wish! Love the idea, but sadly there's no garden or anything, it really is a total box of a house, right in the centre of town with people walking right past the windows. Thanks to you and vienna though, I don't feel quite so much a total brat anymore for just wanting a little privacy. The reason is a bit weird, she split up with my dad over a year ago and wants to be rid of everything he's ever looked upon, so the house, the beds, all the furniture, even the kettle all has to go :/ It all seems totally irrational to me but then I've never loved and lost so I can't really say.

Been feeling so **** past few days too, crying until my eyes burn from the tears, it hasn't been at all good then the thought that I won't even have anywhere I can curl up and cry alone is just horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Haha I wish! Love the idea, but sadly there's no garden or anything, it really is a total box of a house, right in the centre of town with people walking right past the windows. Thanks to you and vienna though, I don't feel quite so much a total brat anymore for just wanting a little privacy. The reason is a bit weird, she split up with my dad over a year ago and wants to be rid of everything he's ever looked upon, so the house, the beds, all the furniture, even the kettle all has to go :/ It all seems totally irrational to me but then I've never loved and lost so I can't really say.

Been feeling so **** past few days too, crying until my eyes burn from the tears, it hasn't been at all good then the thought that I won't even have anywhere I can curl up and cry alone is just horrible.
    oh lame, that really does suck. how about a tent set up indoors? :p:

When I was without a bedroom (I was home from uni and mum was letting my auntie and uncle (who I hate!) stay in my room for a couple of weeks I used to go cry in the bath. don't know if that would help at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    oh lame, that really does suck. how about a tent set up indoors? :p:

When I was without a bedroom (I was home from uni and mum was letting my auntie and uncle (who I hate!) stay in my room for a couple of weeks I used to go cry in the bath. don't know if that would help at all.
    Hmmm...I do like this tent idea probably not as comfortable to sleep on as the sofa. Also thanks for the bath tip lol! I think that's actually a pretty good way to get some me-time.

(Original post by Malsy)
    i don't know what I have but i want some advice guys. for ages now (talking months and months) i've been having these ''voices'' in my head. nothing like oh kill yourself but just stupid **** things saying things i don't want to be saying or thinking and they're bugging me. i feel like they're in my control but i'm not too sure. i just don't know why i, yes i believe it is i, keep thinking ''them''. hm. it's so confusing. maybe it's just cause i'm going mad a little with the stress and lack of human contact and lack of being myself etc. etc. but i swear some are just sick.
    it's not that they're really severe it's just i'd rather them not be there because it's not what my heart feels ie my head will ''say'' something as a thought but my heart thinks the opposite. it's just so random i'm sorry for saying this but i just wanted a tiny bit of advice if there is any
    thanksxx

See a doctor, honey. :hugs:

I feel so weak.

ReputationRep:
    Malsy, I agree with Laus. You're trying to deal with too much on your own. I know the last doctor you saw wasn't very helpful, but perhaps you could see a different one this time.

All the best, :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I feel so weak.
    :hugs:

This is probably a dumb question, and I know you've got more important things to deal with at the moment, but is your physical health ok at the moment (i.e. sleep patterns, nutrition, exercise). I know those things must seem like a drop in the ocean concerned with what you're going through at the moment, but they can make a difference.

You know all that already though. :o: Lecture over. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)

See a doctor, honey. :hugs:
    Problem with that campaign is, you end up feeling respect for Alistair Campbell.

(Original post by jonathan122)
    :hugs:

This is probably a dumb question, and I know you've got more important things to deal with at the moment, but is your physical health ok at the moment (i.e. sleep patterns, nutrition, exercise). I know those things must seem like a drop in the ocean concerned with what you're going through at the moment, but they can make a difference.

You know all that already though. :o: Lecture over. :hugs:
    No no, it's not a dumb question at all. I'm trying to look after myself. I sleep when I feel tired/can and I'm trying to eat, although my appetite isn't great lately. So I started taking liquid iron to perk me up a bit, as I'm probably not getting enough in my diet. I haven't been exercising. I feel too weary to exercise. Sometimes I think I could just crawl up in a ball on the floor and go to sleep. The tiredness is indescribable, even after sleep.

How are you? :hugs:

(Original post by jonathan122)
    Problem with that campaign is, you end up feeling respect for Alistair Campbell.
    Hmm.

I like the concept, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    No no, it's not a dumb question at all. I'm trying to look after myself. I sleep when I feel tired/can and I'm trying to eat, although my appetite isn't great lately. So I started taking liquid iron to perk me up a bit, as I'm probably not getting enough in my diet. I haven't been exercising. I feel too weary to exercise. Sometimes I think I could just crawl up in a ball on the floor and go to sleep. The tiredness is indescribable, even after sleep.

How are you? :hugs:
    A tip that my psychiatrist gave me was to set a regular wake-up time and stick to it (at least during the week) - you feel like **** for a while, but the idea is that in the end your body acclimatises to how much sleep you need and you end up falling into a regular pattern. That's the theory anyway, trouble is it doesn't really fit very easily around a student lifestyle.

I'm pretty exhausted - made the trek down to London and back to hand my form in to Imperial (essentially £43 to post a letter :rolleyes:), but hopefully that's at least one hurdle down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Hmm.

I like the concept, though.
    I agree, it's a good video.

ReputationRep:
    dr put me back on venlafaxine yesterday.
    i was taking prozac but it was giving my chest pains/nose pains (LOL). asked to go back on venlafaxine because it worked wonders for me last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    dr put me back on venlafaxine yesterday.
    i was taking prozac but it was giving my chest pains/nose pains (LOL). asked to go back on venlafaxine because it worked wonders for me last year
    That's great! Hope things start improving! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My mates are now all starting to organise trips to see each other at uni, which I can't do because of work/college :cry: :sad: Goodbye social life.

Home early tomorrow night and I don't get to visit people. ******* sucks.

(Original post by Malsy)
    Oh, and even my mum has told me to see a doctor. She just said it when we were talking about me not being able to go on this trip, and she got angry as she was upset that I said I can't...because she knows why....but I didn't say the reason I just 'generalised' it to depression, which is something I've been able to use in this house despite us normally not probably saying the word a few years back. But yeah she just shouted and told me to go see a doc/psychiatrist. I will one day
    Make that day soon. I know it's hard.

I usually write everything down so I do not forget what I want to say. Be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    My mates are now all starting to organise trips to see each other at uni, which I can't do because of work/college :cry: :sad: Goodbye social life.

Home early tomorrow night and I don't get to visit people. ******* sucks.
    Would you be able to visit them at weekends at all? :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.