Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I agree with KMN, the most important thing is he gets the help he needs...

Going to get drunk tonight for the first time since these new tablets... this could end up horrifically or I could just fall asleep... we will see..
    Please be careful! :hugs:

Yes, I have my lecture head on :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    ********, I spent a good part of last night shaking trying to get someone to him, and now he's possibly being sectioned :erm:

Have you not been able to see him?
    Being sectioned isn't necessarily a bad thing. They'll be able to evaluate his medications in controlled conditions.

They said it wouldn't be possible to see him until they've decided what to do with him. I should've just used the excuse that he has my keys, dammit.

(Original post by Nothos)
    I tried numerous times to be allowed to speak to him, they wouldn't have a bit of it :dry:

EDIT: He's already been seen by a mental health nurse, btw, she rung me earlier and asked a few questions. I told her that I don't think sectioning would help him. I told him he feels better in the presence of friends.
    Hmm...do you have the number of the police station he's at? I forgot to ask for that too :mad:

Glad he's been seen.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Most probably (I'm not entirely sure what the procedure is...) :console: Sounds harsh but I've learnt this past two weeks that being sectioned isn't the worst thing that could happen, in fact it's normally the best thing because you get the help you need and you get it fast. Big hugs to you both, take care of yourself please, make sure you eat and sleep :hugs:
    2 doctors and a social worker would have to agree that he's a danger to himself or others.

I've been sleeping alright, woke up not long ago because tbh i've got nothing better to do. Starving, but really cba to wash up anything atm. If i could afford it i'd love to get a a smoke and a pizza (I know it's not really what i should be thinking of atm, but it's how i deal with things)

Thanks for the support guys, you're all amazing :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Hmm...do you have the number of the police station he's at? I forgot to ask for that too :mad:

Glad he's been seen.
    01962 841534 Ask for the holding at portsmouth station.

I've been sleeping alright, woke up not long ago because tbh i've got nothing better to do. Starving, but really cba to wash up anything atm. If i could afford it i'd love to get a a smoke and a pizza (I know it's not really what i should be thinking of atm, but it's how i deal with things)

Thanks for the support guys, you're all amazing :grouphugs:
    I'm sorry I didn't come, I really am regretting it now I'll come down at some point in the week though, I promise. Regardless of what happens we'll be able to see him together then.

ReputationRep:
    01962 841534 Ask for the holding at portsmouth station.
    Thanks.

I'm sorry I didn't come, I really am regretting it now I'll come down at some point in the week though, I promise. Regardless of what happens we'll be able to see him together then.
    You've got a child on the way. It's okay.

You've done a lot as it is, thanks.

Is it right for me to phone Subway and tell them what's going on?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Don't be specific, just say he's ill?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

You've got a child on the way. It's okay.

You've done a lot as it is, thanks.

If he's due to be working in the next few days, and no-one else can, then it'd be a good thing I think. Just say that he's very unwell, unable to come to the phone but when you can someone will be down in person to explain fully as you'd rather not discuss the terms of the illness over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Just to say what lovely people you all are on this soc and well done to those that helped Dayne last night :hugs:

Also: blah blah blah I'm feeling so much better blah which means y'all also have a great chance at feeling amazing again soon too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    It sounds like you have low self esteem? You don't deserve to feel like that.. everyone makes mistakes.. but you seem to be blaming yourself for stuff that is not your fault.

Dont isolate yourself! Go and enjoy uni, you have as much right as everyone else to do so!
    Yeh, I've realised over the past year at Uni that I really do have a lot of issues with myself, I thought that my self esteem issues were purely based on image but I'm ok with my image now...its much deeper than that, I just keep convincing myself that I'm a bad person and I don't deserve anything and that people should just stay away from me. I know its irrational but I can't seem to fight the feelings, I hate the nights because thats when its worse I just over think and end up in tears wishing I could change everything. I just feel so helpess about my situation. I want to isolate myself from people because I seem to cause nothing but grief and they always end up hurting me so its win win if I just cut ties.

How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Just to say what lovely people you all are on this soc and well done to those that helped Dayne last night :hugs:

Also: blah blah blah I'm feeling so much better blah which means y'all also have a great chance at feeling amazing again soon too

I'm glad you're feeling better , its nice to know that these feelings wont last forever, that there are moments of joy/happiness, its what gets me through... here's to hoping everyone elses is on its way soon :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    x
    x
    x
    (Original post by Student2806)
    x
    (Original post by Drogue)
    x
    Daynes been released, he's at mine now. Thanks for everyones help last night.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a very good friend. Hopefully he'll feel better asap.

Down day, dont see any point in life whatsoever. I dont want to be here.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    You sound like a very good friend. Hopefully he'll feel better asap.

Down day, dont see any point in life whatsoever. I dont want to be here.
    :hugs: I'm sure you'll feel better soon, are there any films or something you can lose yourself in?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I'm sure you'll feel better soon, are there any films or something you can lose yourself in?
    I dont have any films to watch and cant really download stuff.
    I feel really sure I dont want to live.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Thanks guys :hugs:
    :hugs: How are you? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I dont have any films to watch and cant really download stuff.
    I feel really sure I dont want to live.
    :hugs: This feeling is NOT going to last for ever and you will get better and feel happy again. Are there any computer games, books or anything you could concentrate on at the moment?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: How are you? :console:
    Idk tbh. OK I guess. I kinda feel quite numb and distant atm, but I guess that will pass. Physically I'm fine due to one place having their door closed, another having bars over the windows and being found before I could look for a third place.

ReputationRep:
    Idk tbh. OK I guess. I kinda feel quite numb and distant atm, but I guess that will pass. Physically I'm fine due to one place having their door closed, another having bars over the windows and being found before I could look for a third place.
    :hugs: Are you getting any help at the moment? And as has already been said, you will feel better - you are not always going to feel like this. :console:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Are you getting any help at the moment? And as has already been said, you will feel better - you are not always going to feel like this. :console:
    Well I saw lots of doctors. They gave me lots of numbers I can call if I feel really bad. I think it would be better for me to be seeing someone regularly, but the doctor I saw doesn't seem to agree, so meh.

ReputationRep:
    Well I saw lots of doctors. They gave me lots of numbers I can call if I feel really bad. I think it would be better for me to be seeing someone regularly, but the doctor I saw doesn't seem to agree, so meh.
    Why not ask your GP for talking therapy? Or if you're at uni most unis offer counselling sessions.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.