Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Yeah but I'm blatently never going to be someone that lives their life to the full, well not any more so than now. I've told my GP about not being sure about uni and she just says you shouldn't make big decisions when you're depressed and there's never really time to talk about it.

But basically I've done 4 of 5 years so I shouldnt really quit. I'm doing a different degree (just health sciences) this year, mainly because I don't feel ready for finals/working. And I'm glad it means I won't see any patients this year but really I just can't be bothered.

Thanks Steffi and sauce too. I could probably defer a year but I doubt I'd really enjoy the year off, I'd just be delaying the inevitable..

Anyway sorry I'm being really moany, hope everyone else is feeling better?
    Do you have anyone other than your GP who you can talk to this about? CPN or crisis team?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't eat anything yesterday... Bah a handful of dried fruit :/ Then today I went and properly pigged out... Binged my way through a massive chinese, with dessert, then half a big bag of Malteasers whilst watching a movie.

Mood has largely been good, much better than yesterday, but I can feel it starting to tail off again... Blahhhhh...

Was meant to be meeting the ex for coffee to smooth things over tomorrow afternoon but apart from a 'yeah ok' reply to one text this morning at 10am, he hasn't given me any indication that he'll be there. I know I'm stressing about the small stuff but it's what I'm clinging onto right now.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're still in med school. I'm in the middle of being chucked out because basically I waited far too long to get help and buggered up all my exams. I've only just been diagnosed with depression because my parents forced me to see a psychiatrist.

And now I'm sitting alone in the house on a Friday night because no one gives a crap about me. I hate my life.

ReputationRep:
    Drinking was such a ******* awful idea, honestly how was I such a retard as to thing this would be a good idea.

Holy **** is this bad.

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Drinking was such a ******* awful idea, honestly how was I such a retard as to thing this would be a good idea.

Holy **** is this bad.
    What's happened? :hugs:

(Original post by vitamortis)
    x
    Alright?

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Alright?
    I am not too bad, thank you. Surviving, I guess. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marie_x)
    At least you're still in med school. I'm in the middle of being chucked out because basically I waited far too long to get help and buggered up all my exams. I've only just been diagnosed with depression because my parents forced me to see a psychiatrist.

And now I'm sitting alone in the house on a Friday night because no one gives a crap about me. I hate my life.
    Snap to this! Going through same kind of thing
    Can you appeal?
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I am not too bad, thank you. Surviving, I guess. Yourself?
    I'm still here, it's always a good sign :yy: Trying hard not to bury my head in the sand but I'm slowly learning to use the help I'm being given, I think.

ReputationRep:
    What's happened? :hugs:
    All the suicidal thoughts are back.. :cry:

I'm still here, it's always a good sign :yy: Trying hard not to bury my head in the sand but I'm slowly learning to use the help I'm being given, I think.
    Hang in there. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    All the suicidal thoughts are back.. :cry:
    :console: It's ok... Where are you, at home? Is anyone still up you can talk to, a friend you can call? Or the crisis team? They'll pass, you just have to hang in there. Keep yourself safe and be stronger than them. You can do this.

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there. :yy:
    I've got my goal, 14 days and I'm a fresher, 14 days is all I need to get through, it's easy, right?

I've got my goal, 14 days and I'm a fresher, 14 days is all I need to get through, it's easy, right?
    Yes, but depressive feelings don't just disappear, even if you attend university. You will have to work at it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ****. Nice low I'm having. But at least I know there are happy times, and far more of them now than lows. You will all get there too :hugs:

You might want to end the earlier post, it could be really triggering to the most vulnerable in here.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but depressive feelings don't just disappear, even if you attend university. You will have to work at it.
    ... :sigh: OK, maybe I am burying my head in the sand still. A lot. Ack.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    You might want to end the earlier post, it could be really triggering to the most vulnerable in here.
    It is a joke..

ReputationRep:
    It is a joke..
    I know it was but people can read into those sort of things what they want. I was just too tired to phrase the sentence in a non-moody/nasty way.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I know it was but people can read into those sort of things what they want. I was just too tired to phrase the sentence in a non-moody/nasty way.
    depression doesn't turn you into a retard, nor does it strip away your sense of humour. relax.

ReputationRep:
    depression doesn't turn you into a retard, nor does it strip away your sense of humour. relax.
    **** it, I can't be bothered to explain it to you. It was the image you created, ok?

BTW, I'm in a ******* **** mood tonight which is why I'm being *****y, but I would have still picked you up on that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.