Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Took my sleeping tablets about 15 mins ago and so my brain is turning to liquid mush.

I will reply tomorrow I just dont want you to think I am not replying.. its just if I did now tonight it would be useless.
    :hugs: Hope you get some sleep and feel more positive about stuff tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I know, it's retarded. I have to see this doctor because of the city I'm in and I can't see another one not affiliated with this team because they say it has to be them. Even though these people refuse to do anything and even say that. :banghead:.
    Hmm surely there are a lot of teams and you could be moved to another.
    Perhaps getting a new GP would be the best thing. Preferably one you like and get along with- which may require seeing different GPs at the same surgery until you find one you like. Then you can say you refuse to go back to that team and they'll surely refer you to another?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh still low. Sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Hmm surely there are a lot of teams and you could be moved to another.
    Perhaps getting a new GP would be the best thing. Preferably one you like and get along with- which may require seeing different GPs at the same surgery until you find one you like. Then you can say you refuse to go back to that team and they'll surely refer you to another?
    There's 1 team for this in the city I'm in, so there's no choice there. I can't move to another city because I'm at university and you have to be registered in the city you live or some **** like that. There is one GP I get along with, she's awesome actually, I've only seen her twice because it's hard to get that one but talking to her is a good idea, I have to ask her about my ears anyway. I can explain everything and see what she says. Damn, why didn't I think of that? Cool thanks.

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    There's 1 team for this in the city I'm in, so there's no choice there. I can't move to another city because I'm at university and you have to be registered in the city you live or some **** like that. There is one GP I get along with, she's awesome actually, I've only seen her twice because it's hard to get that one but talking to her is a good idea, I have to ask her about my ears anyway. I can explain everything and see what she says. Damn, why didn't I think of that? Cool thanks.

How're you?
    Glad to be of some help :p: I'm fine thanks.

There's meant to be patient choice about where you're treated. Maybe you could be seen by a psychiatrist who isn't necessarily based in your city but does some work there. People that work in the NHS regularly refuse to be treated in their local area and are allowed to be treated elsewhere. So with that in mind, there should be leeway. If you have a nice GP she should be able to arrange something.

ReputationRep:
    Got some sleeping pills from the doctor today. They're only short term things though, so I just hope that my insomnia buggers off :cry:

ReputationRep:
    So, attempted to go to college again today. Unfortunately I hadn't slept in days and had large dark circles under my eyes and just looked awful, and I couldn't stop my leg shaking rapidly or draw my gaze away from the floor when I met with the student support woman in the morning before class. She was very sympathetic and decided to hold off on classes this week until I got on the new anxiety medication (which I'll be picking up tomorrow) and also suggested cutting my class load from four subjects to two. Decided to call her up tomorrow and taking three though, English Maths and Biology. Will continue with them for three years (instead of the planned two) while picking up Psych in the second year. Providing I don't fail spectacularly (I totally will) I'll at least have the option of uni in Scotland OR England (because really, **** Scotland).

This won't work out at all, but it feels somewhat comforting to have a plan.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't able to take a break off of education this year like I wanted . My parents didn't want me to, and I even spoke to a careers advisor, who strongly advised me not to, because of the current climate of the job market :rolleyes:. **** the crappy recession :banghead:. I ended up just enrolling in some Business course at college. Here's hoping it's at least better than going back to my depressing school :erm:. So much for things going to plan though, once again :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Glad to be of some help :p: I'm fine thanks.

There's meant to be patient choice about where you're treated. Maybe you could be seen by a psychiatrist who isn't necessarily based in your city but does some work there. People that work in the NHS regularly refuse to be treated in their local area and are allowed to be treated elsewhere. So with that in mind, there should be leeway. If you have a nice GP she should be able to arrange something.
    Yeah I know there's meant to be choice, but apparently I have psychosis so have to see the psychosis team (even though they then said I'm the problem...) and there's only one of those in my city, so there isn't any chance to see anyone else because it has to be them. There are teams in other cities, but without a car I'd have to get the train and they told me before that it has to be the team where my gp is. You're right though, I'll talk to her, see if I can't just see a regular psychiatrist instead.

Glad to hear you're alright.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Got some sleeping pills from the doctor today. They're only short term things though, so I just hope that my insomnia buggers off :cry:
    Prescription sleeping pills are usually pretty good, just make sure you go to bed and start trying to relax soon after taking them, hopefully you'll be asleep after about 30mins. Most sleeping pills, I find, you can sit on the computer and fight them if you want but obviously that's not going to help. Can also cause bad effects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookface)
    So, attempted to go to college again today. Unfortunately I hadn't slept in days and had large dark circles under my eyes and just looked awful, and I couldn't stop my leg shaking rapidly or draw my gaze away from the floor when I met with the student support woman in the morning before class. She was very sympathetic and decided to hold off on classes this week until I got on the new anxiety medication (which I'll be picking up tomorrow) and also suggested cutting my class load from four subjects to two. Decided to call her up tomorrow and taking three though, English Maths and Biology. Will continue with them for three years (instead of the planned two) while picking up Psych in the second year. Providing I don't fail spectacularly (I totally will) I'll at least have the option of uni in Scotland OR England (because really, **** Scotland).

This won't work out at all, but it feels somewhat comforting to have a plan.
    That sounds like a pretty good plan. Don't worry about taking 3 years for it, just take your time and take things at whatever speed you're comfortable with. You told the doctor you can't sleep? Shaking can be caused by certain medications or even lack of sleep (I think) so don't worry about it, though if it gets really bad they can give you stuff which stops it.

Maths and biology? Better you than me! :p: Sounds hard.

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I wasn't able to take a break off of education this year like I wanted . My parents didn't want me to, and I even spoke to a careers advisor, who strongly advised me not to, because of the current climate of the job market :rolleyes:. **** the crappy recession :banghead:. I ended up just enrolling in some Business course at college. Here's hoping it's at least better than going back to my depressing school :erm:. So much for things going to plan though, once again :nothing:
    :hugs: tbh sitting on your ass unable to find a job isn't a nice feeling. Things don't always go to plan, but rather than see it like that just see it as an opportunity for something different. Maybe you'll really enjoy the business course and it's something to keep your mind busy too so you're not focussing overly on depression. (I dunno if that sounds right...)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know there's meant to be choice, but apparently I have psychosis so have to see the psychosis team (even though they then said I'm the problem...) and there's only one of those in my city, so there isn't any chance to see anyone else because it has to be them. There are teams in other cities, but without a car I'd have to get the train and they told me before that it has to be the team where my gp is. You're right though, I'll talk to her, see if I can't just see a regular psychiatrist instead.

Glad to hear you're alright.

Prescription sleeping pills are usually pretty good, just make sure you go to bed and start trying to relax soon after taking them, hopefully you'll be asleep after about 30mins. Most sleeping pills, I find, you can sit on the computer and fight them if you want but obviously that's not going to help. Can also cause bad effects.
    Yeah a friend told me that. I'll take one in about an hour, so I have plenty of time to get ready for bed haha. I just hope I actually sleep tonight :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: tbh sitting on your ass unable to find a job isn't a nice feeling. Things don't always go to plan, but rather than see it like that just see it as an opportunity for something different. Maybe you'll really enjoy the business course and it's something to keep your mind busy too so you're not focussing overly on depression. (I dunno if that sounds right...)
    Yeah, you're right, thanks :hugs:. I did think about that, and I suppose this course will just at least keep me busy for some time while I search for a job. I also have a dream to become a journalist, so I will keep researching about that and seeing what I could do to help me get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    You shouldn't be.

I caved today and texted him asking once again if we could patch it up (no idea why... possibly because the other guy showed himself up this morning for what he seems to be - sex obsessed and not looking for the same things as me) and he said sure we could try but atm he's struggling with himself and has spent the weekend trying not to go manic. I'm really worried about him now.

I'm definitely cycling through moods, Saturday despite the **** that went down with the above and a really crappy couple of things I was high as a kite, today I just want to sit and cry and I've come home from a party early because I was snapping at everyone and just not taking anything as a joke. I'm thinking about cutting again and that big black hole has started to appear. Right after the day I move into my uni accommodation. I can't tell them at the hospital otherwise they won't discharge me :cry:

:hugs: Saber, what have they tried to do to help you?
    :hugs: I hope your situation improves. At least you know what the other guy was after before it was too late. I know its frustrating going through all the emotions but you are stronger than you think you just have to believe it and you will get through it with the help and support of others.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of replying to this thread, but I thought I might show you guys, as you are probably going to give a much better response than I ever could. What a ******* uneducated ******.

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling too good tonight. How's everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Not feeling too good tonight. How's everyone else?
    what's wrong? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    what's wrong? :hugs:
    Nothing's wrong exactly, just feeling kind of crappy. Wishing I could kill myself but knowing I can't cos it would hurt my sister too much. Meh.

How're you?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been around here for a while, feeling drowsy at the moment as I'm pumped full of medication. Difficult to even keep my eyes open. So frustrating, been working on an essay for nearly a month now and I've made no progress with it what so ever, it's like there's a cloud of flies living in my head at the moment no concentration at all.

I sincerely hope others are doing better than I, sorry I haven't dropped in much lately.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: The temazepam worked like a treat getting me to sleep, but I woke up 2 hours ago (after barely 3 hours of sleep) and I can't fall asleep again :cry:

Why does this have to happen every freaking night?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marie_x)
    My year head is pretty nice so I'm hoping she'll say something good about me.

Erm I'm (well was) in 3rd year and I think the only appeal option available is to retake the year. Which I don't mind doing, but cause the appeal takes so long I have to take this year out. So even if I do go back next year I'll be graduating in 2014 and spent 7 years in uni. Still a medical degree is a medical degree right....I don't want to do anything else.

And yeah my letter is due soon and I haven't even started writing it yet. It's so difficult I know what I want to say but I can't seem to put it down in words.
    Handing in everything today...hopefully everything will turn out ok!
    Same mine will be 7/8 yrs at uni depending on future intercalating etc but meh medicine is medicine I guess...Good luck with your appeal! Let me know how it goes, hopefully we'll both have good news!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.