Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :cry: The temazepam worked like a treat getting me to sleep, but I woke up 2 hours ago (after barely 3 hours of sleep) and I can't fall asleep again :cry:

Why does this have to happen every freaking night?!?
    :hugs:

If you get into a habit of sleeping at X time it might get your body into the pattern and so you will sleep longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbounded)
    I was thinking of replying to this thread, but I thought I might show you guys, as you are probably going to give a much better response than I ever could. What a ******* uneducated ******.
    Oh yeah, I've seen that thread. Some people, eh? :rolleyes: I've kinda learned to take a blind eye to ignorant **** on the internet now.

I've just seen this other thread about someone feeling suicidal over their grades: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1397632

Which just makes me feel a bit :nothing:, since I got worse grades than them, so I don't know what to say :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)

If you get into a habit of sleeping at X time it might get your body into the pattern and so you will sleep longer.
    I took another one (:teehee:) and managed to sleep so well :coma: I think the reason I couldn't fall asleep again was because I was very anxious so hopefully just the one will do it tonight. Or maybe I'll manage to naturally fall asleep then... Haha, yeah right.

ReputationRep:
    I took another one (:teehee:) and managed to sleep so well :coma: I think the reason I couldn't fall asleep again was because I was very anxious so hopefully just the one will do it tonight. Or maybe I'll manage to naturally fall asleep then... Haha, yeah right.
    Give it some time.. you wont naturally learn to sleep properly in one night.. the idea is if you use them for a week or two then your body will carry it on once you stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Haven't been around here for a while, feeling drowsy at the moment as I'm pumped full of medication. Difficult to even keep my eyes open. So frustrating, been working on an essay for nearly a month now and I've made no progress with it what so ever, it's like there's a cloud of flies living in my head at the moment no concentration at all.

I sincerely hope others are doing better than I, sorry I haven't dropped in much lately.
    :hugs: Hope the medication is working out for you even if it's zombifying you as well. Maybe the good will outweigh the bad.

Essay during the summer? :confused: Don't worry about it, I'm sure whoever it's for will understand you can't really write it right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: Hope the medication is working out for you even if it's zombifying you as well. Maybe the good will outweigh the bad.

Essay during the summer? :confused: Don't worry about it, I'm sure whoever it's for will understand you can't really write it right now.
    The quetiapine has made my head a little less noisy but the tiredness and constant fatigue isn't very fun. Makes me feel very apathetic most days. I was pretty terrible motivation wise before taking the medication, now it seems like a struggle even to make a coffee.

I'm not even sure what the balance of good and bad is. The doctor seems to think its good because I'm less prone to angry outbursts and general stress, but on the other hand I'm basically just a zombie.

Doing essay over summer because I failed to hand it in June, really is a struggle. It's not even particularly hard, it's just that because of the meds my brain isn't working properly so I can't seem to understand it.

How have you been yourself anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I havent felt this low in quite some time :cry:

ReputationRep:
    The quetiapine has made my head a little less noisy but the tiredness and constant fatigue isn't very fun. Makes me feel very apathetic most days. I was pretty terrible motivation wise before taking the medication, now it seems like a struggle even to make a coffee.

I'm not even sure what the balance of good and bad is. The doctor seems to think its good because I'm less prone to angry outbursts and general stress, but on the other hand I'm basically just a zombie.

Doing essay over summer because I failed to hand it in June, really is a struggle. It's not even particularly hard, it's just that because of the meds my brain isn't working properly so I can't seem to understand it.

How have you been yourself anyway?
    Sounds really **** :console: I had pretty much the same on quetiapine, stopped it partly because of exams coming up so kind of needed to be able to think. I found the tiredness starts to wear off after a bit so hopefully that'll happen for you too. You got long until you go back? Might be worth not bothering with the essay if it's making you feel more **** and give it another go in a couple of weeks perhaps? I'm sorry, don't remember how long you've been taking it for, but (you probably know) it can take a while to actually do what it's meant to, so your head being less noisy is great and maybe it'll get even less if you give it more time. Try to just take things easy.

I dunno really, I'm still wandering along I guess. Think possibly I might need to take some kind of medication, really don't want to but can't see any other way of coping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Sorry to hear that :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. Hope you're all coping. :jumphug:

I'm feeling a bit :erm: atm. I've just started year 13 again and getting so anxious already, can feel things (mood and eating) falling apart and I'm getting to the stage where I don't care and I really REALLY need to care because I can't end up back there again, if only because I don't think I have it in me to pull myself out of it again. Need to go see a doctor about my meds, having the same zombified problems fire2burn is. Can't concentrate properly (for some reason typing and short paragraphs are ok though, go figure :rolleyes:) and I've got to read two (huge) books by next week for English coursework and I want to cry all the time and I'm irritable and I can't sleep at night and I'm so so so tired of being paralysed by depression and so I'm having major anorexia nostalgia which is awful but at the same time comforting because it's familiar and I'm scared to ask my school for extra time for the exams because they might think I'm making it up. But if I don't make it as easy for myself as possible I might relapse or end up suicidal again.

Idk, just confused and sad. I hate change. I miss my friends in the hospital and I'm getting that confused with wanting to go back. All my 'real life' friends are going to uni and I feel left behind and I just feel like everything's falling apart from under my feet and I should be happy because I picked up Philosophy As and A2 this year so I can go to uni next September and I love it but I'm scared I'm going to end up killing myself if I don't sort things out now.

One thing I'm realising is that I need to talk to people and admit that I'm struggling instead of keeping it all inside. But I feel like people think I'm lying when I mention ED things because I'm not a low weight anymore (if I ever was :erm:) and I actually eat and I'm really trying to fill my life up with other things completely unrelated to it. I don't know if there was ever anything wrong with me? Am I even depressed or am I just lazy? All I know is I feel like a failure in general and a liar and an imposter and a idiot who can't live right.

So sorry for the self absorbed rant when I haven't even been around for ages. :cry:
    I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I hope you're all coping and I'm really really sorry for being generally rubbish. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry. Do you want to talk?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so overdramatic. Please ignore my post. Sorry. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. Hope you're all coping. :jumphug:

I'm feeling a bit :erm: atm. I've just started year 13 again and getting so anxious already, can feel things (mood and eating) falling apart and I'm getting to the stage where I don't care and I really REALLY need to care because I can't end up back there again, if only because I don't think I have it in me to pull myself out of it again. Need to go see a doctor about my meds, having the same zombified problems fire2burn is. Can't concentrate properly (for some reason typing and short paragraphs are ok though, go figure :rolleyes:) and I've got to read two (huge) books by next week for English coursework and I want to cry all the time and I'm irritable and I can't sleep at night and I'm so so so tired of being paralysed by depression and so I'm having major anorexia nostalgia which is awful but at the same time comforting because it's familiar and I'm scared to ask my school for extra time for the exams because they might think I'm making it up. But if I don't make it as easy for myself as possible I might relapse or end up suicidal again.

Idk, just confused and sad. I hate change. I miss my friends in the hospital and I'm getting that confused with wanting to go back. All my 'real life' friends are going to uni and I feel left behind and I just feel like everything's falling apart from under my feet and I should be happy because I picked up Philosophy As and A2 this year so I can go to uni next September and I love it but I'm scared I'm going to end up killing myself if I don't sort things out now.

One thing I'm realising is that I need to talk to people and admit that I'm struggling instead of keeping it all inside. But I feel like people think I'm lying when I mention ED things because I'm not a low weight anymore (if I ever was :erm:) and I actually eat and I'm really trying to fill my life up with other things completely unrelated to it. I don't know if there was ever anything wrong with me? Am I even depressed or am I just lazy? All I know is I feel like a failure in general and a liar and an imposter and a idiot who can't live right.

So sorry for the self absorbed rant when I haven't even been around for ages. :cry:
    I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I hope you're all coping and I'm really really sorry for being generally rubbish. :hugs:
    Aww :hugs: dont worry, things WILL get better. Ive had a terrible time with my results and not getting into uni aswell after I missed my firm by 11 marks and have to take a gap year. I feel the same way but you will meet new friends this year, just try and make the most of it it will be over before you know it :console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry. Do you want to talk?
    Its just a lot of bad things keep happening and i cant cope anymore. After I found out i had to take a gap year i was initially devastated but at the same time i felt relieved as i hadnt done as bad as i thought i did and thought some time out of school would help me. I actually felt much better than i had in a long time but today has just been horrible. I feel really low about not being able to find a job, not going uni this year, not having anything to do for a year etc .
    How many a levels are you doing this year and are you going to a new college?

ReputationRep:
    Its just a lot of bad things keep happening and i cant cope anymore. After I found out i had to take a gap year i was initially devastated but at the same time i felt relieved as i hadnt done as bad as i thought i did and thought some time out of school would help me. I actually felt much better than i had in a long time but today has just been horrible. I feel really low about not being able to find a job, not going uni this year, not having anything to do for a year etc .
    How many a levels are you doing this year and are you going to a new college?
    Could you maybe do voluntary work or are your funds not too great?
    Not finding a job is no reflection on you, remember that! It's hard for everyone to get a job nowadays unless they know someone who knows someone.
    I know what it feels like not having anything to do. It's awful. Maybe you could try to learn a language or something like that? Just to keep your brain occupied until you find something else? How's your concentration?

I'm trying (without much success) to make 'everything happens for a reason' my mantra. Maybe you were meant to have that unexpected gap year so you could get on a better mental plane before uni... Idk...

I'm doing A2 English Lit and Psychology and doing AS and A2 Philosophy in a year. :gulp:
    Ideally, I wouldn't be doing a whole a level in a year but I didn't do brilliantly in Biology and Chemistry (my original ASs) and I hated them.
    I did my AS year at college and started my A2 year but then got pulled out.
    SO I'm redoing my A2 year at my old secondary school.
    People seem really kind, or kind in the sense that they leave me alone. I know a few people from before so I'm not being a complete loner but I dunno... guess these are all just teething problems. It will be ok. It has to be. Just wish I didn't find it so hard to live. But I suppose everyone does?

I dunno... my mind is messed up atm, can't seem to write anything creative and I really need to have some sort of portfolio because I'm applying for English Lit and Creative Writing but the way my brain gets when I'm depressed I'm reconsidering university altogether.

Have another hug. :hug: Sorry I'm not much help. Can't seem to stop going on about myself like an idiot tonight. :rolleyes: :mad:

Haven't been around here for a while, feeling drowsy at the moment as I'm pumped full of medication. Difficult to even keep my eyes open. So frustrating, been working on an essay for nearly a month now and I've made no progress with it what so ever, it's like there's a cloud of flies living in my head at the moment no concentration at all.

I sincerely hope others are doing better than I, sorry I haven't dropped in much lately.
    If I remember correctly (from a discussion we had on a thread sometime ago), you also suffer from Schizophrenia? And yeah, being on medication is tough, but hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    Could you maybe do voluntary work or are your funds not too great?
    Not finding a job is no reflection on you, remember that! It's hard for everyone to get a job nowadays unless they know someone who knows someone.
    I know what it feels like not having anything to do. It's awful. Maybe you could try to learn a language or something like that? Just to keep your brain occupied until you find something else? How's your concentration?

I'm trying (without much success) to make 'everything happens for a reason' my mantra. Maybe you were meant to have that unexpected gap year so you could get on a better mental plane before uni... Idk...

I'm doing A2 English Lit and Psychology and doing AS and A2 Philosophy in a year. :gulp:
    Ideally, I wouldn't be doing a whole a level in a year but I didn't do brilliantly in Biology and Chemistry (my original ASs) and I hated them.
    I did my AS year at college and started my A2 year but then got pulled out.
    SO I'm redoing my A2 year at my old secondary school.
    People seem really kind, or kind in the sense that they leave me alone. I know a few people from before so I'm not being a complete loner but I dunno... guess these are all just teething problems. It will be ok. It has to be. Just wish I didn't find it so hard to live. But I suppose everyone does?

I dunno... my mind is messed up atm, can't seem to write anything creative and I really need to have some sort of portfolio because I'm applying for English Lit and Creative Writing but the way my brain gets when I'm depressed I'm reconsidering university altogether.

Have another hug. :hug: Sorry I'm not much help. Can't seem to stop going on about myself like an idiot tonight. :rolleyes: :mad:
    Im looking into loads of different volunteer work i can get involved in so hopefully ill find something soon. Than, i guess i just have to keep trying. My concentration is pretty bad when it comes to revising i tend to get distracted easily. I was thinking that aswell, i was scared i might feel worse because the course i want to do is quite intense so i need to concentrate and focus a lot

Oh okay thats good at least you'll be in a different environment and will get the chance to meet new people. Its good you know some people there aswell so you should be fine. Yeah everyone has problems we just have to deal with them, take life as it is and make the most of it. Hows your concentration? I hope this year goes well for you and you work hard to get the grades you need.

Hopefully by next septemeber you'll feel much better and wont need to reconsider.
    Sorry im not much help either and dont worry you're not and i do that all time. thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just want some ******* sleep. One of these pills do jack **** after a few hours but two works like a treat, which isn't how they're prescribed :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I just want some ******* sleep. One of these pills do jack **** after a few hours but two works like a treat, which isn't how they're prescribed :cry2:

http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-r01.html

says you can take 30mg, not sure if that's what you're on...

Temezepam is very addictive. If they're not working go back to the doctors and get something else, or ask if you can take two. If you can't make it just ring the doctorand have a chat over the phone.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.