The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Idiot-Finder
When you say people.. is this literally everyone you meet or is there a select few people this is common with? What kind of things are we talking about when you say letting people down etc..?

Im just trying to build some kind of idea of it.

Sorry for the delayed response, well its mostly everyone I meet. In terms of letting down I feel like I annoy everyone because I'm not who they expect me to be or I'm not the person they want me to be and I mess up a lot and get involved with people I really shouldnt, wanting to please them all the time but I just end up getting hurt because I have no back bone...ughh ignore me I'm just rambling about nothingness....
I just want my appetite back and to be content again.

Couldnt sleep last night even though I wanted to and I had the worst panic attack this morning, havent had one that bad for a while I felt like I was going to collaps I was so light headed :frown: . I'm still not eating properly either...*sigh* I'm back to square one again, this is exactly where I was this time last year...and here was me thinking I'd made progress. Soooo tired!
I return to uni' soon and although I'm looking foreward to getting back I am EXTREMELY nervous that my depression will return if the necessary help isn't in place.
Feeling surprisingly good...playing/singing (badly) along to cheesy pop punk for 2 hours ftw. :cool:
mathperson
I return to uni' soon and although I'm looking foreward to getting back I am EXTREMELY nervous that my depression will return if the necessary help isn't in place.

Send emails/ get doctors to write letters to try and ensure the help is in place?
Reply 9044
Arghhhh I enjoy nothing. Actually nothing. I don't want to go back to uni. It feels like everyone I know there is so fake and shallow.
Saffie
Arghhhh I enjoy nothing. Actually nothing. I don't want to go back to uni. It feels like everyone I know there is so fake and shallow.

:frown: I'm worried about going back too....dont let people ruin your uni experience. :hugs:
You lot put **** in perspective for me. I am finding all my closest friends are going uni, my Dad is moving abroad, I have a low paying job, to get to Uni atm seems like an uphill struggle against all odds etc. But I have never once seriously considered killing myself?

How crap must your lives be? Why not PM me and explain!
adam_zed
You lot put **** in perspective for me. I am finding all my closest friends are going uni, my Dad is moving abroad, I have a low paying job, to get to Uni atm seems like an uphill struggle against all odds etc. But I have never once seriously considered killing myself?

Depression is an illness... Not just a set of circumstances.

--

Majorly mixed evening, felt very ambivalent to life all afternoon then about 7pm got hit with a high, was ******* amazing, was laughing and joking and just having a whale of a time, cracking jokes like I used to, really having fun. Then after about 11pm the old familiar ****** sadness came back and now I feel really lonely and sad and ****. And I can't sleep :sad:
kiss_me_now9
Depression is an illness... Not just a set of circumstances.

--

Majorly mixed evening, felt very ambivalent to life all afternoon then about 7pm got hit with a high, was ******* amazing, was laughing and joking and just having a whale of a time, cracking jokes like I used to, really having fun. Then after about 11pm the old familiar ****** sadness came back and now I feel really lonely and sad and ****. And I can't sleep :sad:

Dont turn it into some sort of exclusive club?

With all due respect I have been expiriencing it (albeit a perhaps more minor type) since my early teens usually brought on by anxiety. Now while you are correct, I am pretty sure such massive change and sucky circumstances can trigger something off? I spent yestaday not bothering to move as I didnt see the point, something I havent been like in a while. Now I dont know why today is different.
adam_zed

With all due respect I have been expiriencing it (albeit a perhaps more minor type) since my early teens usually brought on by anxiety. Now while you are correct, I am pretty sure such massive change and sucky circumstances can trigger something off? I spent yestaday not bothering to move as I didnt see the point, something I havent been like in a while. Now I dont know why today is different.

Haha, oh God why would she want to be a member of such a thing?

It can just be that your head's a bit unhealthy. My life was going amazingly, didn't stop it though
Going doctors today, asking about coming off the meds.
adam_zed

There's a vast amount of evidence that mental illness is all centered around the amount of chemicals in your brain... Depression is often linked to serotonin levels, or the lack of. Ofc there are other causes - emotional trauma and stress to name but a few - but in my experience that doesn't tend to lead to chronic depression. I can't diagnose you with depression :lolwut: or tell you that you don't have it, just that having a set of bad circumstances (btw if you want to get into a pissing contest about that, go ahead :h:) in your life right now doesn't make you automatically a) depressed or b) suicidal.

Pretty **** exclusive club to be part of, tbh.
Loz17
Going doctors today, asking about coming off the meds.

Good luck :yep: Hope you get the outcome you want.
Psych is switching me from Quetiapine (Seroquel XL) to Aripiprazole (Abilify).

Feel like a ******* medicine cabinet right now. *sigh* Any experiences taking Aripiprazole (Abilify)?

I've always heard that it is weaker in comparison to other atypicals, so I don't see how it's going to help. May be wrong though.
steffi.alexa
Haha, oh God why would she want to be a member of such a thing?

It can just be that your head's a bit unhealthy. My life was going amazingly, didn't stop it though

^ this!

Apart from one area in my life my circumstances have been better than they have ever been in a long time.
-------
Ahhh....really stuggling to eat, I just feel horrible and so freaking tired.
Thinking of ringing the threpay centre to see what the update is for counselling but something is telling that I shouldnt bother because other people need it more than me :confused:
RachelOranges
^ this!

Apart from one area in my life my circumstances have been better than they have ever been in a long time.
-------
Ahhh....really stuggling to eat, I just feel horrible and so freaking tired.
Thinking of ringing the threpay centre to see what the update is for counselling but something is telling that I shouldnt bother because other people need it more than me :confused:

Ring them if you want, don't be silly :hugs:
Reply 9056
fire2burn
Psych is switching me from Quetiapine (Seroquel XL) to Aripiprazole (Abilify).

Feel like a ******* medicine cabinet right now. *sigh* Any experiences taking Aripiprazole (Abilify)?

I've always heard that it is weaker in comparison to other atypicals, so I don't see how it's going to help. May be wrong though.

I take aripiprazole.

As far as antipsychotics go, they're pretty good. Nowhere near as bad as respiridone. It causes a bit of a problem with concentration, though.
adam_zed

Different people get affected by things differently. Also, you can argue all you want about putting things into perspective, but at the end of the day your problems are relative to yourself. I can sympathise with starving kids in third world countries, and people catching HIV, but it doesn't mean I still can't get upset about sixth form not working out, and people bullying me. And it's great you've never been suicidal, but not everyone can be as strong as you.

This society may look odd to outsiders, but it can actually be quite a nice place to let off steam about things, or just to ask for advice. Anyone is free to come here if they want to.
Nothos
I take aripiprazole.

As far as antipsychotics go, they're pretty good. Nowhere near as bad as respiridone. It causes a bit of a problem with concentration, though.

When you say it causes a bit of a problem with concentration, how badly would you say it impacts upon you?

One of the reasons I'm being switched from quetiapine to aripiprazole is because what I'm taking now makes me sluggish, difficult to concentrate and jumbles my thoughts a bit. I was sort of hoping that my concentration might improve upon changing.
They've said I can when I'm ready too, starting by halving my daily dose for a month, then alternating it (alternate days) for a month but I can go back up to the 20mg if I ever feel like I can't do it yet.

Latest