Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Twice now. Was supposed to have it last week, then this week, now it's like next week. Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful that I'm at least getting something. It is free counselling after all.
    Who is providing it? I certainly would not call the NHS free :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Who is providing it? I certainly would not call the NHS free :p:
    Oh, it's some local counselling service in my borough. I got referred there by my GP.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find it frustrating when parents feel that shouting at you will cure you of having a mental illness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Does anyone else find it frustrating when parents feel that shouting at you will cure you of having a mental illness?
    My mum used to do this before I was diagnosed.. even when I explained to her I felt extremely low.. However ever since my attempt she has all of a sudden shut up mainly :rolleyes:

I guess some people just dont really understand/find it frustrating...

ReputationRep:
    On Tuesday I have a meeting with a doctor I'm almost certain I've never met, even though he seems to know me, to arrange times for my first CBT session with him. I really, really wish I had been paying more attention when I agreed to that, because I have no idea what the **** CBT is.

On the other hand I went to English today and found it really easy. But I also found out I have to write a personal reflective essay next Friday (the first draft, at least) and hand in my proposal for what I'll be writing about on Wednesday. I guess that's what I missed by not attending the first two weeks. I really have no idea what to write about. Nothing particularly interesting has happened in my life, and my only strong interest is literature, which I don't want to write about.

**** it, I'll just make up some ******** about a deep personal experience that never actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookface)
    On Tuesday I have a meeting with a doctor I'm almost certain I've never met, even though he seems to know me, to arrange times for my first CBT session with him. I really, really wish I had been paying more attention when I agreed to that, because I have no idea what the **** CBT is.
    You might want to take a read.

ReputationRep:

On the other hand I went to English today and found it really easy. But I also found out I have to write a personal reflective essay next Friday (the first draft, at least) and hand in my proposal for what I'll be writing about on Wednesday. I guess that's what I missed by not attending the first two weeks. I really have no idea what to write about. Nothing particularly interesting has happened in my life, and my only strong interest is literature, which I don't want to write about.

**** it, I'll just make up some ******** about a deep personal experience that never actually happened.
    They'll probably explain what CBT is during the first session, I think it's just like looking at things you think and then looking at why you put a negative slant on them which apparently leads to depression. Or something like that.....you could wiki it?

Making **** up is probably the best solution. :five: like those lame job interview questions where it's asking for a situation when you worked in a team or some **** - it's like an examination in creative writing :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    You might want to take a read.
    CBT encourages you to talk about:

* how you think about yourself, the world and other people
    * how what you do affects your thoughts and feelings
    Wonderful..:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    From what people seem to say it can be quite effective if you go into it with an open mind.. but then I guess having an open mind is generally something a depressed person does not have? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really scared about going back to uni. Was talking about it in CBT today and I've got no idea how I will spend all my time. I feel like I have too much choice and freedom and I don't know what the right things to do are. And I'll probably have to do everything alone which is kinda lame.

ReputationRep:
    Think someone jumped off the car park roof today :/

ReputationRep:
    There's free online CBT that you manage and do yourself, called MoodGym (which I found out about through my GP, designed by an Australian university, so it's legit) - you could check that out before you go to your appointment to have more of an idea of what it is actually like. It's pretty simple stuff really.
    It's not for me though, I found out my problem wasn't at all related to my thinking in that way.

ReputationRep:
    CBT can mean:

* CBT, a CBC Radio One station in Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland and Labrador
    * Ceneri Base Tunnel, a railway tunnel under construction in Switzerland
    * Certified Broadcast Technologist, a professional title regulated by the Society of Broadcast Engineers

....apparantly.... *cheerful post*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    CBT can mean:

* CBT, a CBC Radio One station in Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland and Labrador
    * Ceneri Base Tunnel, a railway tunnel under construction in Switzerland
    * Certified Broadcast Technologist, a professional title regulated by the Society of Broadcast Engineers

....apparantly.... *cheerful post*
    .....:unsure:

ReputationRep:
    what?

ReputationRep:
    Feeling surprisingly strong and good at the moment.. I penciled this time when everyone is moving off to uni as one of the times I would come close to rock bottom again but its just not happening. Oh well.. certainly not going to moan :p:

Frustrated that my moving over from the home treatment team too the CMHT has been pushed back a week because of me being ill (there not allowed to come see me.) But I guess good things come with time.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling very odd today. Excited but nervous, happy but sad to see my little town go. And stressed cos I'm certain I've not packed a lot of things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Feeling very odd today. Excited but nervous, happy but sad to see my little town go. And stressed cos I'm certain I've not packed a lot of things!
    Good luck :yes:

I think everyone must forget one little thing or another.. I wouldnt worry about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, has anyone here been prescribed Depakote before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Was in a relatively good mood but people on TSR have to ruin it with their inane and insensitive comments. **** them.
    :console: I know what you mean. I dunno what it is with all the twunts round here, so damn irritating :mad:.

Aww, I like the monkey icons in your sig :cute:. Did you make them?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.