Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I'm scared to sleep but so tired :cry: :cry: :cry: I just binged on cornflakes as well :erm: probably a good time to sleep.
    How come you are scared to sleep? :hugs:

My mum has somehow managed to undo all the progress I have made in the past few weeks in 2 minutes...

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel real tonight. Nothing feels real. I'm hoping that's just a 'wtf, I go to uni tomorrow?!' kinda sense of not feeling really with it that'll pass, could really not use anything else right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I don't feel real tonight. Nothing feels real. I'm hoping that's just a 'wtf, I go to uni tomorrow?!' kinda sense of not feeling really with it that'll pass, could really not use anything else right now.
    Im sure thats probably quite a normal thing to feel... Its a big change..Good luck with moving

(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    How come you are scared to sleep? :hugs:

My mum has somehow managed to undo all the progress I have made in the past few weeks in 2 minutes...
    Because I might have bad dreams tonight. I had a dream the other night that I was travelling in a car with my bf and his ex and then they were chatting and organising something and I disputed it. Then I preceded to argue with him about it as he refused to budge on the idea and the whole time she was smiling. I told her that her behaviour was proving how much of a ******* ***** she truly is and then he took her side and told me to **** off. I cried or something and went off. Bit vague, don't remember much of the details but the bulk hurts so freaking much :erm:
    I don't want to tell my bf about it either as it's kinda a ****** up dream.

I'm knackered though, seriously. And have soooo much to do tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Because I might have bad dreams tonight. I had a dream the other night that I was travelling in a car with my bf and his ex and then they were chatting and organising something and I disputed it. Then I preceded to argue with him about it as he refused to budge on the idea and the whole time she was smiling. I told her that her behaviour was proving how much of a ******* ***** she truly is and then he took her side and told me to **** off. I cried or something and went off. Bit vague, don't remember much of the details but the bulk hurts so freaking much :erm:
    I don't want to tell my bf about it either as it's kinda a ****** up dream.

I'm knackered though, seriously. And have soooo much to do tomorrow.
    Im presuming these dreams are quite often then? :hugs: You have to try and remember though that they are just dreams.. however much it seems real remember he is with you in real life and thats what matters at the end of the day

Maybe try and do something relaxing before you try to sleep? I would mention it to your GP though if and when you decide to go..

Im presuming these dreams are quite often then? :hugs: You have to try and remember though that they are just dreams.. however much it seems real remember he is with you in real life and thats what matters at the end of the day

Maybe try and do something relaxing before you try to sleep? I would mention it to your GP though if and when you decide to go..
    I know you're right But it's just horrible at the time. I need to write down everything I need to bring up at a GP appointment. I am slightly tempted to just hand them a piece of paper tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I know you're right But it's just horrible at the time. I need to write down everything I need to bring up at a GP appointment. I am slightly tempted to just hand them a piece of paper tbh.
    I think its probably a good idea.. I should have done it with hindsight.. its better to make sure you cover everything rather than walking out and thinking "damn i didnt mention x" and "oh I forgot about y" etc..

ReputationRep:
    I had got soo far.. I tried soo ******* hard.. Even when it hurt like **** I carried on smiling.. I got there.. I did it..

And she ****** it all up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I'm pretty sure uni will make me relapse.
    I'm starting to think I don't know who I am or want to be and I feel even more disconnected at uni. argh. :sad:
    :hugs:

Know what that feels like :sad:

I've just realised today I've been out of hospital for over a month and it feels like it's been a year because it's been so hard. I've realised that I have no idea how to live without fighting something, be it the f-ing depression that doesn't go unless I'm starving myself or the urge to starve. I don't understand how normal people live.

Depression's screaming at me. Saw my therapist from hospital when I was leaving my sixth form and I caught her eye and she saw me and just sort of nodded and walked in the opposite direction. :cry:
    Probably has some confidentiality thing but she could surely have asked how I was without going into anything? I would have just said 'fine' anyway.

:hugs: to sauce and saber and everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I had got soo far.. I tried soo ******* hard.. Even when it hurt like **** I carried on smiling.. I got there.. I did it..

And she ****** it all up.

:hugs: :hugs:

I don't know what to say but I'm here, you know, if it helps. xx

ReputationRep:
    This thread seems somewhat counter-productive. Out of interest, how does speaking with other people about how you feel despairent about the world, how there is no real happiness, how nobody who is truly happy will accept you, etc. helpful?

Surely you should seek out people who are contrary to the worldview that keeps you depressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    :hugs: :hugs:

I don't know what to say but I'm here, you know, if it helps. xx
    Thank you.. dont worry about me.. I dont know why I posted..

Keep strong and keep going.. I wish I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc582)
    This thread seems somewhat counter-productive. Out of interest, how does speaking with other people about how you feel despairent about the world, how there is no real happiness, how nobody who is truly happy will accept you, etc. helpful?

Surely you should seek out people who are contrary to the worldview that keeps you depressed?
    Because its easier to talk to those who are in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    Because its easier to talk to those who are in the same boat.
    Yes, but wouldn't it reinforce your already despondant outlook by affirming your beliefs are shared by others? Much like how people are predisposed to become more pious when around other religious people, or how people generally seek out those who have the same viewpoint as them, in order to reinforce it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc582)
    Yes, but wouldn't it reinforce your already despondant outlook by affirming your beliefs are shared by others? Much like how people are predisposed to become more pious when around other religious people, or how people generally seek out those who have the same viewpoint as them, in order to reinforce it?
    In short: No.

ReputationRep:
    In short: No.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc582)
    Why?
    What does it matter to you?

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter to you?
    Well, I'm curious. I always question this method of self-therapy, as it were. I figure asking here would be the most obvious place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc582)

I don't remember anyone saying that....sounds more like nihilistic emo kids than people with clinical depression.

I certainly don't say there is no real happiness, I just do not feel happy right now (bit of an understatement) and can't see myself feeling happy in the future. But I definitely accept that other people are happy, that people can be happy, that there are good things in the world. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jc582)
    Well, I'm curious. I always question this method of self-therapy, as it were. I figure asking here would be the most obvious place.
    What works for some wont work for others.. etc.. Why is really irrelevant.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.