Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :emo: why cant I just be normal and like food...met up with one of my old friends and she said I'd lost so much weight....what a mess this is...
    :hugs: I like food too much atm. :o: It's not a mess, you can make it through. Are you eating regularly?

ReputationRep:
    :emo: why cant I just be normal and like food...met up with one of my old friends and she said I'd lost so much weight....what a mess this is...
    How much are you eating on average a day? Are there any reasons in real life which might be causing you too not really want to eat at all?

I said I was going to go to sleep.. but thats not going to happen so hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Yeah.. just need to get a balance really.. but you seem to be doing that quite well. And hey dont go on about weak.. for a start without taking into account other life events its an illness.. Some of the greatest minds in the world have suffered from depression.

Im exactly the same thinking about it.. Its perfectly natural... Its a big event and because of it a lot of things occur.. its normal to think back and reflect on that. And if it was a cry for help or not.. You got the help and thats what you should take away from it.. thats all that matters.

And deal with it how you want.. maybe it will be best to work out exactly what you want to say when someone asks and then everyone gets the same story? I am **** for ideas with my thinking at the moment but I am sure there are a few things you could say if you want to try and play it off as something else. Say you ran into a glass door or something a while ago.. it might not trick some people but :hugs: Your still standing and thats all that matters.. Maybe as you get to know some over the months you might even get to the stage where you want to tell a few people the truth.. all your choices and its totally up to you.

--

Erm I took three sleeping tablets last night.. I lied down for about 2 hours but nothing.. didnt even make me drowsy.. I think I will pop off now and take some more and see if it works.. My mind is just buzzing so I have not tried much because im not even midly tired. You take care :hugs:
    I dunno, my new flatmates are lovely people but right now I'm not certain I'd ever want to tell them. Feel like I'm back at square one, but it's not as bad, so I should just man up and stop moaning. Don't want to call the GP :cry: I have a lecture tomorrow called 'The Psych of Happiness; how to keep yourself happy for the next three years' - Do I want to go to that? Do I heck. But if I can't go to that, how the **** am I meant to sit through the countless other difficult lectures?

Have you tried (sorry, stupid suggestions coming up) just sitting and reading something simple? Or writing down your thoughts whilst you're in bed for x amount of time, then putting the pen down, turning the light off and trying to get to sleep? Or putting calming music on? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs: I like food too much atm. :o: It's not a mess, you can make it through. Are you eating regularly?
    Umm well I manage to have a bit of breakfast and dinner but I know its not as much as I should be eating...I just dont enjoy it much either. I HATE eating in public or in a restraunt, I just get really panicy....

How much are you eating on average a day? Are there any reasons in real life which might be causing you too not really want to eat at all?

I said I was going to go to sleep.. but thats not going to happen so hey
    Just breakfast and dinner but I walk quite a lot during the day, felt like I was going to faint this afternoon though it might be due to lack of sleep...
    I'm not sure why I feel like I've gone off food...not that I know of consciously...

ReputationRep:
    Umm well I manage to have a bit of breakfast and dinner but I know its not as much as I should be eating...I just dont enjoy it much either. I HATE eating in public or in a restraunt, I just get really panicy....

Just breakfast and dinner but I walk quite a lot during the day, felt like I was going to faint this afternoon though it might be due to lack of sleep...
    I'm not sure why I feel like I've gone off food...not that I know of consciously...
    Do you eat snacky things? This company may interest you: www.graze.com - All the boxes are nutritionally well balanced, and you can just have a little punnet of *healthy* snacky food like nuts or flapjack to eat at when you feel like it. You could make it a habit to have at least one punnet (or if you don't go through that route, a little bag of whatever you like) with you at all times and make sure you eat a bit of it when you think of it. May not work at all though :o: Are you seeing anyone (I get everyone confuzzled, lol)? Is there anyway you can think of to 'force' yourself to eat a little bit - like if you normally only have 5 bites of something, try for a 6th bite? Just spitballing. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, my new flatmates are lovely people but right now I'm not certain I'd ever want to tell them. Feel like I'm back at square one, but it's not as bad, so I should just man up and stop moaning. Don't want to call the GP :cry: I have a lecture tomorrow called 'The Psych of Happiness; how to keep yourself happy for the next three years' - Do I want to go to that? Do I heck. But if I can't go to that, how the **** am I meant to sit through the countless other difficult lectures?

Have you tried (sorry, stupid suggestions coming up) just sitting and reading something simple? Or writing down your thoughts whilst you're in bed for x amount of time, then putting the pen down, turning the light off and trying to get to sleep? Or putting calming music on? :hugs:
    Well its totally up to you isnt it.. And like I said before.. its not going to be feeling good constantly.. everyone has blips and dips and when they happen you need to use whatever support you feel you need to make sure they stay as dips and not full blown crashes.

:hugs: Just try and see it as a lecture and just that.. make sure you get written down whatever your going to need and then just try and not relate it to anything else..

I am being a moron and stopping the tablets cold turkey.. from what I have read online you get really really bad insomnia whatever you try... Its like being manic but x2. I need to tell them im doing this.. I did when I rang on Monday night but I think the guy didnt understand and they didnt mention it when they rang today. If im going to have any hope of re-doing my a-level exams in 13 weeks im going to need my brain power and those tablets made me a zombie.. Im sure there going to be annoyed im doing this.. I wish I could tell them to just shut the **** up and give me some properly heavy sleeping tablets.

ReputationRep:
    Do you eat snacky things? This company may interest you: www.graze.com - All the boxes are nutritionally well balanced, and you can just have a little punnet of *healthy* snacky food like nuts or flapjack to eat at when you feel like it. You could make it a habit to have at least one punnet (or if you don't go through that route, a little bag of whatever you like) with you at all times and make sure you eat a bit of it when you think of it. May not work at all though :o: Are you seeing anyone (I get everyone confuzzled, lol)? Is there anyway you can think of to 'force' yourself to eat a little bit - like if you normally only have 5 bites of something, try for a 6th bite? Just spitballing. :hugs:
    Thanks for the recommendation
    I'm trying to get myself into the habbit of snacking, dont want to go back to uni in a state, I'm just a bit fed up with the rollercoster of emotions and loss of appetite. I'm still on the waiting list for counselling...will ring them to see what is going on as it has been a while and I thought I was getting better/coping but I'm obviously not as I'm back where I started.

Hope you're ok

ReputationRep:
    I was going to reply but KMN seems to have said anything useful I would have said and far far more. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Well its totally up to you isnt it.. And like I said before.. its not going to be feeling good constantly.. everyone has blips and dips and when they happen you need to use whatever support you feel you need to make sure they stay as dips and not full blown crashes.

:hugs: Just try and see it as a lecture and just that.. make sure you get written down whatever your going to need and then just try and not relate it to anything else..

I am being a moron and stopping the tablets cold turkey.. from what I have read online you get really really bad insomnia whatever you try... Its like being manic but x2. I need to tell them im doing this.. I did when I rang on Monday night but I think the guy didnt understand and they didnt mention it when they rang today. If im going to have any hope of re-doing my a-level exams in 13 weeks im going to need my brain power and those tablets made me a zombie.. Im sure there going to be annoyed im doing this.. I wish I could tell them to just shut the **** up and give me some properly heavy sleeping tablets.
    Mmmhhmmm. I didn't go to that lecture in the end, slept in. Gosh. Not even proper lectures yet and I'm skipping stuff :o:

Tell them, and tell them why, I'm certain they'll understand and probably try and find you a different route, maybe not drugs based. Have you phoned your GP/CPN/whoever to ask for stronger sleeping tablets? I think Saber said it earlier but maybe tonight if you still can't sleep (!) you can phone the crisis team, explain and get them to bring round the 'proper' stuff.

ReputationRep:
    My life is about to change forever. I don't know if I'll be able to manage :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    My life is about to change forever. I don't know if I'll be able to manage :sad:
    :hugs: You're going to be a brilliant Dad.

ReputationRep:
    *takes deep breath* I'm moving into me new house tomorrow....I hope and pray that my anxiety doesnt come back and that my eating improves. Just going to take one day at a time and try to stay positive.

:hugs: to those who need it

EDIT: just rang the therapy centre...I'm still on the waiting list but I should get an appointment soon. At least thats done and out of the way.

I woke up this morning feeling like ****, and laid in bed for about an hour, just thinking. At first glance of the "human condition", you would think that happiness is the neutral or even desired position to be in; you are born in a reality with so much to discover and accomplish, you are endowed with a family who love you, and would even give up their life to save yours. And you make friends, grow up and fall in love. But then you begin to really see what it is all about.

You are shoved into a reality without consent, and you begin to experience an arbitrary consciousness (it could have been anybody, but it just happened to be you) as a result of gene-environment interaction. Your family do not love you out of their own free-will, nor do your friends, nor your girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife, and most sad of all, even your kids; their love is simply a by-product of mammalian evolutionary biology that has been perfected over millions of years. We are alone. But I am content - I will just ride life out. I do not see any point in ending it now; I may as well live - I have nothing to lose.

I am off to play some tennis. Bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitamortis)
    I woke up this morning feeling like ****, and laid in bed for about an hour, just thinking. At first glance of the "human condition", you would think that happiness is the neutral or even desired position to be in; you are born in a reality with so much to discover and accomplish, you are endowed with a family who love you, and would even give up their life to save yours. And you make friends, grow up and fall in love. But then you begin to really see what it is all about.

You are shoved into a reality without consent, and you begin to experience an arbitrary consciousness (it could have been anybody, but it just happened to be you) as a result of gene-environment interaction. Your family do not love you out of their own free-will, nor do your friends, nor your girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife, and most sad of all, even your kids; their love is simply a by-product of mammalian evolutionary biology that has been perfected over millions of years. We are alone. But I am content - I will just ride life out. I do not see any point in ending it now; I may as well live - I have nothing to lose.

Been reading this thread for a while, first-time poster.

Just wanted to say: well done for hitting the nail on the head for what mists up my consciousness everyday, you phrased it very well. My eventual conclusion is always also: "I may as well live, I suppose", and I amble off to go about the business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapientia)
    Been reading this thread for a while, first-time poster.

Just wanted to say: well done for hitting the nail on the head for what mists up my consciousness everyday, you phrased it very well. My eventual conclusion is always also: "I may as well live, I suppose", and I amble off to go about the business.
    What else is there to do?

You can die and end that consciousness or you can live.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be random...but does anyone else with depression/anxiety suffer from permanent headaches? I thought maybe they were related to the citalopram but was having them before, just seem to be more frequent now. Assuming their tension headaches and im on propranolol which should (but doesn't) help...im going to the docs next week but just wondering...don't want more problems! also have a random lump on the backof my head which I never noticed before...doesn't hurt but don't want to seem stupid mentioning it to the doc if its nothing...meh im rambling...hope everyones doing ok

(Original post by Honeyx)
    Sorry to be random...but does anyone else with depression/anxiety suffer from permanent headaches? I thought maybe they were related to the citalopram but was having them before, just seem to be more frequent now. Assuming their tension headaches and im on propranolol which should (but doesn't) help...im going to the docs next week but just wondering...don't want more problems! also have a random lump on the backof my head which I never noticed before...doesn't hurt but don't want to seem stupid mentioning it to the doc if its nothing...meh im rambling...hope everyones doing ok
    I would recommend that you go to your GP and mention the bump at the back of your head - it could be related to your headaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitamortis)

:yep:
    True! I just have to concerntrate on surviving now. I've wasted enough energy on relationships this year which are just sooooo stressful and I've been nothing but miserable.

Going back to Uni tomorrow...ughh...dreading it a bit, just need to keep my head down, keep focused and not let circumstances affect me. I've had enough of the drama, I just want to be left in peace.

college tomorrow and I cba to prepare or write my essay. FML tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    It's my sister's birthday today (or rather, would have been). This time, last year, I had bought her so many presents. Nothing to give to no one this year... :sad:
    Yeah, I know how it feels. My sister died when I was 6, and I always think about what could have been.

What happened to her if you don't mind me asking?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.