Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    Sorry to be random...but does anyone else with depression/anxiety suffer from permanent headaches? I thought maybe they were related to the citalopram but was having them before, just seem to be more frequent now. Assuming their tension headaches and im on propranolol which should (but doesn't) help...im going to the docs next week but just wondering...don't want more problems! also have a random lump on the backof my head which I never noticed before...doesn't hurt but don't want to seem stupid mentioning it to the doc if its nothing...meh im rambling...hope everyones doing ok
    I get them all the time but tbh I don't think it's really related to depression. I've seen a couple of things saying headaches can happen more often with depression but not exactly constant. Agree with the other guy, a doctor is your best bet.

(though last time I went to see a doctor I got told to take ibuprofen.....because I hadn't already been doing that :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm ******* sick of my cpn. Every time I see her I ask about seeing a psychologist, and she agrees I ought to see one. But then she never does anything about me seeing one, just keeps promising she'll try and sort it by the next week, then never does. :banghead: ******* useless.

How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm ******* sick of my cpn. Every time I see her I ask about seeing a psychologist, and she agrees I ought to see one. But then she never does anything about me seeing one, just keeps promising she'll try and sort it by the next week, then never does. :banghead: ******* useless.

How is everyone?
    You tried calling her in the middle of the time period between when you next see her. You could ask some lame question and then just mention it so it doesn't seem like you're calling just to remind her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You tried calling her in the middle of the time period between when you next see her. You could ask some lame question and then just mention it so it doesn't seem like you're calling just to remind her.
    Only problem with that is I hate using the phone. **** it, I'm not even sure why I'm so bothered about seeing a psychologist, I doubt they'll be able to help much.

ReputationRep:
    I gave in at somepoint last night and took the quetiapine and slept until like 7pm. Now as usual I feel dead and zombified. I really have no clue what to do..

ReputationRep:
    IF, when you stopped your Quetiapine did you just go cold turkey? What about slowly reducing the dosage? (Sorry, behind the times maybe)

Feel like utter ****. Miss everything about home tonight. I'm not good enough for this course, I can't do this.

ReputationRep:
    I can feel my depression coming back. How do I stop it in it's tracks? I am gutted that it's happening again, everything was going so well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    IF, when you stopped your Quetiapine did you just go cold turkey? What about slowly reducing the dosage? (Sorry, behind the times maybe)

Feel like utter ****. Miss everything about home tonight. I'm not good enough for this course, I can't do this.
    I gave it a shot cold turkey purely because if im really going to do the exams in 13 weeks I dont have months to lower it over.. I talked to the doctor today and im going to try and reduce the dose.. I just hope that it works.

:hugs: You are good enough to do the course and feeling home sick I would presume is something the majority of people at uni go through in the first few weeks. Have you made that appointment with your GP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I gave it a shot cold turkey purely because if im really going to do the exams in 13 weeks I dont have months to lower it over.. I talked to the doctor today and im going to try and reduce the dose.. I just hope that it works.
    How much you on? It took me two weeks to get off quetiapine by lowering the dosage so it's possible to get off it quite quick that way.

I have to get on a plane tomorrow.

ReputationRep:

:hugs: You are good enough to do the course and feeling home sick I would presume is something the majority of people at uni go through in the first few weeks. Have you made that appointment with your GP?
    Worth a shot, I guess.

No, not yet, too scared to. It's getting worse, just went and did my washing up and I just feel so empty, I was standing there with my hands in the sink listening to my thoughts chanting things like 'You can't do this' and other horrible things. Slightly freaked out the flatmates :o: Gonna force myself to go to this silent disco that's on tonight, blast some music and dance in my own little world, won't be drinking much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    How much you on? It took me two weeks to get off quetiapine by lowering the dosage so it's possible to get off it quite quick that way.

I have to get on a plane tomorrow.
    400mg but 250 from tomorrow, and probably down to 200 the week after. Too be fair I need to have something at the moment because I think i am still a bit fragile to go it alone yet.

Are you scared of flying or is it the fact its taking you to uni? Look at it as a new start and try to forget about what has happened before. If you go with the idea that its going to be bad then you might seem like that in how you come across to people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Worth a shot, I guess.

No, not yet, too scared to. It's getting worse, just went and did my washing up and I just feel so empty, I was standing there with my hands in the sink listening to my thoughts chanting things like 'You can't do this' and other horrible things. Slightly freaked out the flatmates :o: Gonna force myself to go to this silent disco that's on tonight, blast some music and dance in my own little world, won't be drinking much though.
    I really think it would help if you made that GP appointment and went.. is there anyone you could get too ring up and book it for you.. if you dont want to ring?

But yeah going out might help

ReputationRep:
    400mg but 250 from tomorrow, and probably down to 200 the week after. Too be fair I need to have something at the moment because I think i am still a bit fragile to go it alone yet.

Are you scared of flying or is it the fact its taking you to uni? Look at it as a new start and try to forget about what has happened before. If you go with the idea that its going to be bad then you might seem like that in how you come across to people?
    50mg at a time? Hopefully it'll work out ok for you. Might be worth asking your doctor for decent sleeping pills just to get you through the withdrawal.

Both. I'm absolutely terrified of flying, the fact it's taking me back to uni isn't really helping things. Night flight though so I can cry in peace for 8 hours...again. :o: I guess you're right that yeah I might give out that impression, I am going to try my best again if it doesn't work at least I will have tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    Sorry to be random...but does anyone else with depression/anxiety suffer from permanent headaches? I thought maybe they were related to the citalopram but was having them before, just seem to be more frequent now. Assuming their tension headaches and im on propranolol which should (but doesn't) help...im going to the docs next week but just wondering...don't want more problems! also have a random lump on the backof my head which I never noticed before...doesn't hurt but don't want to seem stupid mentioning it to the doc if its nothing...meh im rambling...hope everyones doing ok
    I often get headaches from time to time, ranging from mild to a bit worse. I guess it could be part of depression, since I've read it's a symptom of it.

Hey, everyone, I just watched this video that made me smile . I just thought I'd share, incase the same would be for you :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :hugs:

Was she your older sister or a younger one? :console:

I don't mind. but I'd rather not say in public.
    Younger sister :yep: she was 4, i was 6.

ReputationRep:
    I really think it would help if you made that GP appointment and went.. is there anyone you could get too ring up and book it for you.. if you dont want to ring?

But yeah going out might help
    I'll try. I really need to, started to get flashbacks to that night again and to random other things... Sighhhh. Mentally healthy? Nope.

ReputationRep:
    I had a bit of a drunken downer last night because I have a very popular, very beautiful flatmate and the guy I like likes her :o: But wow I am so glad I went to my GP when I did. I'm going to go and talk about coming off the ADs soon. Seriously guys, ask for help, accept it, don't give up and good luck. You are all lovely people who deserve to feel better :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ******* nightmare, only just got out of it and I'm terrified still :cry: Horrible, horrible, horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I would mention the nightmares when you go to the GP.

I had a funny "dream".. went into my old school with an assault rifle and started shooting people randomly.. Freud would have a field day :facepalm2:

I would mention the nightmares when you go to the GP.

I had a funny "dream".. went into my old school with an assault rifle and started shooting people randomly.. Freud would have a field day :facepalm2:
    we're studying freud stuff atm.....its soooo weird.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.