Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    I would mention the nightmares when you go to the GP.

I had a funny "dream".. went into my old school with an assault rifle and started shooting people randomly.. Freud would have a field day :facepalm2:
    Pretty sure that'd involve going to the GP. Such a failure. Can't even make a bloody appointment... I got an email through about joining Nightline and I really, really want to do it but the whole 'what if I get someone suicidal and it triggers me' thing keeps popping up in my head. I know they support you and stuff but... meehhhh.

Everyone in my flat is down today. Kinda nice :o: I'm just sitting on FB with my door open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    we're studying freud stuff atm.....its soooo weird.
    I dont believe his stuff too be honest.. he took loads of cocaine and he had a load of kids.. just sounds too me as if he thought about sex too much. I agree that you probably take in the same sex parents personality etc.. But through classical conditioning etc.. rather than Freuds rubbish.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Pretty sure that'd involve going to the GP. Such a failure. Can't even make a bloody appointment... I got an email through about joining Nightline and I really, really want to do it but the whole 'what if I get someone suicidal and it triggers me' thing keeps popping up in my head. I know they support you and stuff but... meehhhh.

Everyone in my flat is down today. Kinda nice :o: I'm just sitting on FB with my door open.
    Only you know how high the chance is it would trigger you.. if there is even a small chance I really wouldnt risk it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what support workers are supposed to do other than prevent you being a hermit by dragging you out the house once a week?

I've yet to work out what mine is supposed to be doing despite having a rather fanciful title of support, time, and recovery worker.

If anyone knows what these creatures are supposed to do, please do explain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I had a bit of a drunken downer last night because I have a very popular, very beautiful flatmate and the guy I like likes her :o: But wow I am so glad I went to my GP when I did. I'm going to go and talk about coming off the ADs soon. Seriously guys, ask for help, accept it, don't give up and good luck. You are all lovely people who deserve to feel better :hugs:
    That's great :five: Glad to hear you're doing so well.

(Original post by fire2burn)
    Anyone know what support workers are supposed to do other than prevent you being a hermit by dragging you out the house once a week?

I've yet to work out what mine is supposed to be doing despite having a rather fanciful title of support, time, and recovery worker.

If anyone knows what these creatures are supposed to do, please do explain.
    You know...I think that might be entirely their job. :p: Spending days meeting people for coffee or a walk always seemed like a pretty sweet career path to me.

ReputationRep:
    Only you know how high the chance is it would trigger you.. if there is even a small chance I really wouldnt risk it.
    I think I'm gonna have to wait until I'm better... Try and be sensible for once, rather than screwing myself up even further because I want to do it!

ReputationRep:
    I've been ok this week as i've been really busy. But now I'm not. I'm tired and feel weak and don't want to go out. Even though I'd kind of like something sweet to eat. Wish bedtime would hurry up.

ReputationRep:
    Really quite low right now. I guess the homesicknesses etc has kicked in or something

ReputationRep:
    Really quite low right now. I guess the homesicknesses etc has kicked in or something
    If you want to talk at all, im on msn :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to talk at all, im on msn :hugs:
    I'm starting to feel better but thanks. I need to get some food, some vitamins and some sleep I think. Being ill generally makes me feel like ****. I think it is just missing my parents but I can do this, I can tackle uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to feel better but thanks. I need to get some food, some vitamins and some sleep I think. Being ill generally makes me feel like ****. I think it is just missing my parents but I can do this, I can tackle uni
    Thats the right attitude :yep:

I hope your illness sorts itself out soon.. its been a while now..

ReputationRep:
    Thats the right attitude :yep:

I hope your illness sorts itself out soon.. its been a while now..
    :yep:

Different illness - I believe this one goes by the name of 'fresher's flu' :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Well I have learnt it's every man/woman for himself in this world

ReputationRep:
    Need to see the doctor. :sigh: Need to man up and make the appointment...

I don't think I'm ready to come off the meds yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I don't think I'm ready to come off the meds yet...
    Who wants you to?

Who wants you to?
    My mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    My mother.
    Tell her that you don't think you're ready? She doesn't know how you feel exactly in your head, so she shouldn't be the one to decide whether or not you do or don't keep taking meds. Only you or your doctor should decide that :hugs:

Tell her that you don't think you're ready? She doesn't know how you feel exactly in your head, so she shouldn't be the one to decide whether or not you do or don't keep taking meds. Only you or your doctor should decide that :hugs:
    My doctor's given me the go ahead but I dunno anymore :erm: maybe I should get some couselling?

She's never suffered and she seems to think I can just get better after about a year. I don;t have the thoughts often but I know its still there...

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just what a day :facepalm2:

Ah well.. a month ago I would feel properly **** and now its just a kind of "mehh... i want to sleep."

ReputationRep:
    Just what a day :facepalm2:

Ah well.. a month ago I would feel properly **** and now its just a kind of "mehh... i want to sleep."
    Well, that's progress at least?! :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.