Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :console:

Can you send for a repeat prescription online perhaps? Or over the phone?
    No and I think I need to ask for talking therapy too anyway

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it was a "clear link" but probably a pretty common symptom. I find I don't really have motivation for anything, not just uni.

okay...so how do you cope with uni and how do you get your work done? i am not saying i am depressed but learning through research i find that sometimes i have few symptoms and its hard to motivate myself.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...refusing to be in a bad mood, I have far too much to be grateful for....but I just feel like I let everyone down all the time, like I'm not good enough for people, I feel like everyone is against me, I just want to hide away and not have to face people but I need to stop letting my insecurities become my master. I want to break the cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Feeling pretty ****** tonight. I need to go to my new GP tomorrow to get more ADs but I don't want to leave my room. I feel like I'm slipping back.
    :hugs: me too. I hope your consultation goes well.

Feeling bored isn't helping me. I've been watching lots of films but often they have really upsetting endings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    :hugs: me too. I hope your consultation goes well.

Feeling bored isn't helping me. I've been watching lots of films but often they have really upsetting endings.
    Thanks, I'm already feeling a little better I think. I think freshers flu is just making everything much worse.

What about comedies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Thanks, I'm already feeling a little better I think. I think freshers flu is just making everything much worse.

What about comedies?
    Yeah freshers flu makes everything much harder.

I'm mainly watching rom coms- which are generally good but quite a few just suddenly end really tragically! And I don't like to read the whole plot beforehand as that sort of defeats the point..

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing how your life changes so quickly.. a month ago I had loads of friends and people I could go out with. Now im chugging Jagermeister out the bottle in my room on my own. This year is going to be so ******* lonely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maazzy)
    okay...so how do you cope with uni and how do you get your work done? i am not saying i am depressed but learning through research i find that sometimes i have few symptoms and its hard to motivate myself.
    Er...well tbh I don't really cope too well :p: don't go to class particularly often, can rarely concentrate enough to do the set reading, I think I'm just smart and/or extremely lucky to tell the truth (mostly the latter). Probably not a particularly good way of dealing with things. :o:

You're probably best off talking to a doctor rather than trying to self-diagnose. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with researching stuff but a doctor is a much better way, if you're depressed it's better to get it early and if you're not then you can still talk over whatever's bothering you so there isn't really a lose in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Its amazing how your life changes so quickly.. a month ago I had loads of friends and people I could go out with. Now im chugging Jagermeister out the bottle in my room on my own. This year is going to be so ******* lonely.
    :hugs: careful with that, it can easily get out of hand. Occasionally it's great but just be careful alright? Sorry. It doesn't make things better, it just makes you skint and hungover and **** feeling when it wears off.

ReputationRep:
    i've been incapable of matching the contentedness i had a few years ago, but in everyday life i just ignore it and continue moving in some direction or another. It still remains, though. I seem to be unable to lose myself either, i drink rarely and never to a totally drunk state and no amount of meditation brings peace within :/

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: careful with that, it can easily get out of hand. Occasionally it's great but just be careful alright? Sorry. It doesn't make things better, it just makes you skint and hungover and **** feeling when it wears off.
    I dont drink often but when I do I like to get drunk. I used to go out quite a lot, now I have like 2 proper friends left in the area? Both of which need some encouragement to go out. Neither of which like to dance so on a night out its either spend the night sitting down with them (which I dont mind doing now and again) or leaving them and going to have a good time on my own. Which then probably makes me seem like a **** to them.

Maybe I should grow some balls and go out on my own.. meet new people.. but then again it could massively backfire and being left feeling like a goon.

When do you move to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I dont drink often but when I do I like to get drunk. I used to go out quite a lot, now I have like 2 proper friends left in the area? Both of which need some encouragement to go out. Neither of which like to dance so on a night out its either spend the night sitting down with them (which I dont mind doing now and again) or leaving them and going to have a good time on my own. Which then probably makes me seem like a **** to them.

Maybe I should grow some balls and go out on my own.. meet new people.. but then again it could massively backfire and being left feeling like a goon.

When do you move to uni?
    Different people like different stuff tbh, if these guys aren't into going out or dancing then you're probably pretty unlikely to change their minds. You could set up some multiplayer console gaming with them if they prefer staying in, getting drunk and playing video games is awesome fun. :yy:

Dunno about going on your own, I tried that a few times with little success but then I'm completely socially retarded so that's not really a surprise. :p: You could give it a go, I mean what's there to lose? Ok if it goes wrong you stand there feeling bad then go home feel **** and go to sleep but if it goes right you stand to gain a lot, so might be worth a go. If you can't change these guys' minds then yeah by all means go and meet new people.

Soon. Very soon. Either tomorrow or sunday. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Filled in my assessment questionnaire for the counselling service. I know I shouldn't have but I've just added up my answers... I'm ******.

ReputationRep:
    Different people like different stuff tbh, if these guys aren't into going out or dancing then you're probably pretty unlikely to change their minds. You could set up some multiplayer console gaming with them if they prefer staying in, getting drunk and playing video games is awesome fun. :yy:

Dunno about going on your own, I tried that a few times with little success but then I'm completely socially retarded so that's not really a surprise. :p: You could give it a go, I mean what's there to lose? Ok if it goes wrong you stand there feeling bad then go home feel **** and go to sleep but if it goes right you stand to gain a lot, so might be worth a go. If you can't change these guys' minds then yeah by all means go and meet new people.

Soon. Very soon. Either tomorrow or sunday. :afraid:
    I guess soo.

Good luck with uni mate, I know how much your dreading it but just try and go with an open mind and see how it plays out.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Filled in my assessment questionnaire for the counselling service. I know I shouldn't have but I've just added up my answers... I'm ******.
    Its best to be honest, I wasnt when I first went to my GP and then I ended up with an appointment in 2 months time as I slowly self destructed.

ReputationRep:
    Its best to be honest, I wasnt when I first went to my GP and then I ended up with an appointment in 2 months time as I slowly self destructed.
    Yeah, I'm trying, the second part of the form is really hard though - 'What are your reasons for seeking counselling?' and 'What do you hope to gain from us?'

I mean wtf. Writing 'I don't want to come but if I don't I think I'll end up jumping off that big bridge over there before graduation comes around'?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm trying, the second part of the form is really hard though - 'What are your reasons for seeking counselling?' and 'What do you hope to gain from us?'

I mean wtf. Writing 'I don't want to come but if I don't I think I'll end up jumping off that big bridge over there before graduation comes around'?

How big are the boxes? Tbh I always put blunt answers on stuff like that. I have a feedback thing for the home treatment team and one asks about how successful it has been, I just put "I'm still here."

I dont even know what they would want you to put in the "what do you hope to gain from us?" box. If you want some help PM me.

ReputationRep:
    How big are the boxes? Tbh I always put blunt answers on stuff like that. I have a feedback thing for the home treatment team and one asks about how successful it has been, I just put "I'm still here."

I dont even know what they would want you to put in the "what do you hope to gain from us?" box. If you want some help PM me.
    Quite big. I'm rattling off a list of things and now worrying if they're going to think I'm over exaggerating.

The girl on the Crisis team was *spot* on when she saw me after my second attempt, I really do have a deep seated fear of being judged.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I agree with IF, it's horrible but you do need to be honest with these things to get the maximum benefit from them. Seeing everything written down can be kind of scary too so try not to dwell on it, it's done now you just need to return it and hopefully then they'll help you. Well done for doing it btw.

I guess soo.

Good luck with uni mate, I know how much your dreading it but just try and go with an open mind and see how it plays out.
    Yeah give it a go, you haven't really got anything to lose from it.

Thanks, I am really going to try, not sure it'll work as feeling **** about it already; can't sleep (up at 9am for past week wtf? 9am does not exist in my world), keep shaking and feeling sick, ahhhh great. Might have to take some of my special flying pills which stop me throwing up at airports.

ReputationRep:
    You know, your sleeping pattern isn't looking good, are you getting any sleep at all?

ReputationRep:
    You know, your sleeping pattern isn't looking good, are you getting any sleep at all?
    Im not really sleeping at the moment, I have decided when they come on Monday I am going to ask if its possible for me to be admitted. Its been 6 weeks with the crisis team and things are still not stable in the slightest. I am running out of options.

Are you going today or tomorrow?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.