Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Im not really sleeping at the moment, I have decided when they come on Monday I am going to ask if its possible for me to be admitted. Its been 6 weeks with the crisis team and things are still not stable in the slightest. I am running out of options.

Are you going today or tomorrow?
    :hugs: that sounds really ******* ****, sorry to hear things are still going so badly for you, but it's good that you're going to ask them. Hopefully it'll really help you - if it's been 6 weeks and things are still no improving then yeah it sounds like you need to try something different. You going to be alright getting through the weekend?

Still not decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: that sounds really ******* ****, sorry to hear things are still going so badly for you, but it's good that you're going to ask them. Hopefully it'll really help you - if it's been 6 weeks and things are still no improving then yeah it sounds like you need to try something different. You going to be alright getting through the weekend?

Still not decided yet.
    Yeah I will be fine, I just need to find a way to stop the suicidal thoughts and a way to be able to sleep. Even the diazepam is failing now. Crisis teams are designed for the short term and its clear its not being fixed (although I think the people are awesome) and so I want/need to try something else.

Ahh okay.. the anti sickness tablets are probably a good idea

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I will be fine, I just need to find a way to stop the suicidal thoughts and a way to be able to sleep. Even the diazepam is failing now. Crisis teams are designed for the short term and its clear its not being fixed (although I think the people are awesome) and so I want/need to try something else.

Ahh okay.. the anti sickness tablets are probably a good idea
    I see. If the diazepam isn't even working anymore I'm not really sure what you could try. Anything you could do over the weekend so you're not dwelling on your own? Dunno maybe rent a movie or actually I have no idea. But if you need to talk to anyone feel free to pm me, or you could call the crisis team if things get really bad. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I see. If the diazepam isn't even working anymore I'm not really sure what you could try. Anything you could do over the weekend so you're not dwelling on your own? Dunno maybe rent a movie or actually I have no idea. But if you need to talk to anyone feel free to pm me, or you could call the crisis team if things get really bad. :hugs:
    To be blunt, they need to give me some stronger stuff, I dont think they like giving it to people my age but frankly I dont give a **** if it means I can get some solid sleep. Im just spending sometime with my dad.. I have told him my plan for Monday and he supports it.. my mum will be a different matter. But thank you for the PM offer, I might take you up on it later.

Did you move in today or going tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    To be blunt, they need to give me some stronger stuff, I dont think they like giving it to people my age but frankly I dont give a **** if it means I can get some solid sleep. Im just spending sometime with my dad.. I have told him my plan for Monday and he supports it.. my mum will be a different matter. But thank you for the PM offer, I might take you up on it later.

Did you move in today or going tomorrow?
    Yeah they can be addictive so I think that's why they're not prescribed so much. Don't worry about your mum, you know what's best for you and it's you going through it not her so it should be your decision. No problem with the PMs, I'm probably not much help but I'll try if you need anything.

Today. Got in a huuuuuuuuuuuge shouting match so that's the decision made :p: I gotta get out of here asap. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they can be addictive so I think that's why they're not prescribed so much. Don't worry about your mum, you know what's best for you and it's you going through it not her so it should be your decision. No problem with the PMs, I'm probably not much help but I'll try if you need anything.

Today. Got in a huuuuuuuuuuuge shouting match so that's the decision made :p: I gotta get out of here asap. :mmm:
    Is everything ok?

ReputationRep:
    Is everything ok?
    Yeah, just years of resentment finally came out.

At uni now....there's no one in my halls. There's an American opposite which is pretty awesome but they buggered off and all the other rooms seem to be empty. Kind of odd.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just years of resentment finally came out.

At uni now....there's no one in my halls. There's an American opposite which is pretty awesome but they buggered off and all the other rooms seem to be empty. Kind of odd.
    Maybe they plan on coming tomorrow? :confused:

Or possibly some of the ones who were there earlier have gone out or something? Im sure it will be busy tomorrow :p:

What am I doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    What am I doing?
    :hugs: What's up?

Not sure what, but something seems to be going down at home. Crap.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :hugs: What's up?

Not sure what, but something seems to be going down at home. Crap.
    I'm not doing any college work. Got Sociology, Pyschology(not as important) but more importantly a massive assisgnment on the evolution of man that I need to be working on due in a couple of weeks. However at home I cannot find the motivation to sit here and do it as I get too lost in myself. I hate myself for it I really do. The last two days I have spent in bed sleeping/being on the computer/watching crap on tv, literally and just eating loads. Such a fat worthless ****. OH yeah and I can't decide if I want to do Radiotherapy anymore.

It would be quite wonderful if I had the time or the energy to go to the doctor. OH wait I do have the time I just spend it so ineffectively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I'm not doing any college work. Got Sociology, Pyschology(not as important) but more importantly a massive assisgnment on the evolution of man that I need to be working on due in a couple of weeks. However at home I cannot find the motivation to sit here and do it as I get too lost in myself. I hate myself for it I really do. The last two days I have spent in bed sleeping/being on the computer/watching crap on tv, literally and just eating loads. Such a fat worthless ****. OH yeah and I can't decide if I want to do Radiotherapy anymore.

It would be quite wonderful if I had the time or the energy to go to the doctor. OH wait I do have the time I just spend it so ineffectively.
    Its hard to get the motivation, that does not make you worthless :hugs:

You just need to try your best to sort the source of why you dont have the motivation.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they plan on coming tomorrow? :confused:

Or possibly some of the ones who were there earlier have gone out or something? Im sure it will be busy tomorrow :p:
    I'm kind of glad tbh, means I get some time to think and unpack etc also means I can break the ice tomorrow when they move in by offering to carry boxes or whatever (or is that totally inappropriate?)

(Original post by sauce)

Any chance you could stay after school and do the work there? That way there won't be as many distractions.

I'm kind of glad tbh, means I get some time to think and unpack etc also means I can break the ice tomorrow when they move in by offering to carry boxes or whatever (or is that totally inappropriate?)

Any chance you could stay after school and do the work there? That way there won't be as many distractions.
    That's the plan yeah. I'm going to stay 1.5-2 hours after college and work hardcore during my free periods. Mmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Er...well tbh I don't really cope too well :p: don't go to class particularly often, can rarely concentrate enough to do the set reading, I think I'm just smart and/or extremely lucky to tell the truth (mostly the latter). Probably not a particularly good way of dealing with things. :o:

You're probably best off talking to a doctor rather than trying to self-diagnose. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with researching stuff but a doctor is a much better way, if you're depressed it's better to get it early and if you're not then you can still talk over whatever's bothering you so there isn't really a lose in it.

I used to be like that but i gradually changed....i was lucky until it got too much and i had to do something. Thanks for you advice but i am not thinking of seeing a doctor, I think that when people think they have depression they will start to act that way and the more they learn about it they will think they have it but this is not always the case. Thanks again, good luck and take care.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if people want any help with anything sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about you all

ReputationRep:
    This ******* sucks, another low night, feel really bad and just want to take up cutting again :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    This ******* sucks, another low night, feel really bad and just want to take up cutting again :cry:
    dont ..it doesnt solve anything...what's wrong?

Stayed in bed until quater to 3 today. Didn't want to get up. Had no motivation and felt like no reason too :sigh:
    It is getting worse but I don't know what to do about it :cry2:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.